@AH

Sorry lol...

I wasn't clear??

But overall she is asking him to come to her heart and her world. I will write my take a little longer.

It appeared like a beautiful piece of icy jade but actually exuded a poisonous aura that could pierce straight to the heart.

I think this particular highlighted phrase mean she wanted her heart or their hearts to be pierced by passion (I am taking poison symbol as passion)

Xiao Yao used all her effort to carve this piece of poisonous Ice Essence into the shape of a sea clam shell, she carved two sides of an exquisite white clam shell with wave ripples along the edges. When it was opened it resembled a blooming flower.

She want this passion to be bloomed.

Xiao Yao then used all sorts of exotic herbs and poisons to create two merpeople. She put the mermaid on the clam shell and she put the merman in the corner away from the clam shell. Xiao Yao also made red coral and colorful little fish.

Creating the two passionate merpeople. 

The clear exquisite ice crystal, inside was the deep blue sea, and in the water were colorful little fish swimming and beautiful red coral. There was an all-white giant clam shell like a blooming flower and inside a beautiful mermaid sat on the clam shell. Her hair flowed like seaweed and her beautiful tail was half on the clam shell and half in the water. She had one hand on her heart and the other hand reached out towards the distance like she wanted to grab onto something or like she was calling someone to her. In the direction where her hand stretched there was a merman floating in the water. He appeared close to the clam shell but he was coldly staring outside the ice crystal ball so that it felt like he was actually in another world and not in the world of the peaceful isolated ocean with the mermaid.

I have a feeling that by having a hand on her heart means her heart needs healing (trying to heal by putting her hand because she has it broken).  But is reaching out to the merman who was floating at another corner or seemingly in another world to come to her (to her isolated world, into her heart), to heal her, to be with her. But to her he's cold looking. Meaning. ..like she asking like "Why are you so cold!" (I guess this hand is taken by Jing at the end).

That's my own take. Im not Yaoliu fan.  So may not be so romantic here... 

AH :
Xiao Yao’s image made her think of the legends of old, of a fisherman’s wife sitting on the rocks waiting for her lover to come back, sitting and waiting for so long she turned into a rock.

Well we have some clue with Ah Nian pov on XY...

AH :

I ask because I see that sequence as one of the clearest moments where Tong Hua gives the reader insight into XY's feelings without putting those specific feelings into words. 

No I was wondering how you interpret XY's creation of the ice crystal ball, her giving it to XL when she did, her waiting by the ocean before announcing the wedding date, and her not so much being upset with XL for breaking up her marriage to Feng Long as much as being upset with him for not doing it sooner.

-----

I have talked about about Crystal Ocean Ball. XY did not want to marry FengLong. ..but I have a feeling that she wanted to heal herself from her heartbreak...and also giving into political help to CX by agreeing to marry FL. She knew she didn't want to so create this Ice Crystal as a calling to XL and sort of put her emotion into it. She's attracted to XL. At that moment I think she think about herself more than others and someone who can be with her. 

Symbolika1:

Well we have some clue with Ah Nian pov on XY...

If you are meaning this passage:

During the ensuing seven days, Xiao Yao really did reconsider and think carefully. Every day she sat on the jagged rocks outside of the Dragon Bone Prison and looked out over the deep blue ocean.

When Ah Nian went to get her, she could see the blue horizon, the red rocks on the cliffs, and Xiao Yao dressed all in white sitting barefoot on the black jagged rocks as the waves crested at her feet.

This image was impossible to describe other than Ah Nian felt a sense of utter desolation for her sister. Xiao Yao’s image made her think of the legends of old, of a fisherman’s wife sitting on the rocks waiting for her lover to come back, sitting and waiting for so long she turned into a rock.

Um...since this including Dragon Bone Prison, and with Ah Nian perception lol..

It's like She's been waiting for her lover to come back,. .I have a question she's asking XL to take her from her wedding to Jing. Hehehe my very YaoJing thinking. ??

But overall she's clinging onto XL to heal her. And take her away from this heartbreak feeling.  She's been waiting to long that she's nearly turning into a rock. Lol

Winny Aye:
If you are meaning this passage:

When Ah Nian went to get her, she could see the blue horizon, the red rocks on the cliffs, and Xiao Yao dressed all in white sitting barefoot on the black jagged rocks as the waves crested at her feet.

This image was impossible to describe other than Ah Nian felt a sense of utter desolation for her sister. Xiao Yao’s image made her think of the legends of old, of a fisherman’s wife sitting on the rocks waiting for her lover to come back, sitting and waiting for so long she turned into a rock.

-------------------------------------------------------

...Yes that part: the all white dressed felt so XL like and the fisherman's wife - i related it to mermaid's wife, and the rock - to the cristal ball itself...

It's the visual and the words used that got me into that direction :).

--------------------------------------------------------

@Winny Aye that’s super interesting. A few parts in particular. Thanks for sharing your thoughts ^^ I’ll respond in more detail when I’m off mobile. 

AH :

I ask because I see that sequence as one of the clearest moments where Tong Hua gives the reader insight into XY's feelings without putting those specific feelings into words. 

Why is it so difficult for people to acknowledge that she loves Xiang Liu as much as Jing (if not more, on some occasions)?

Ok, bye. I forgot, this is not my thread lololol

nathsketch:

Why is it so difficult for people to acknowledge that she loves Xiang Liu as much as Jing (if not more, on some occasions)?

To be fair, we don’t all have the same interpretation of the ice crystal ball scenes in the YaoLiu discussion thread either ^^

AH :

To be fair, we don’t all have the same interpretation of the ice crystal ball scenes in the YaoLiu discussion thread either ^^

True, but we are more open-minded :D

OH NOES, I keep coming here. There's fox fur all over my dress hahahah

nathsketch:

OH NOES, I keep coming here. There's fox fur all over my dress hahahah

Kisssses anyway! :D => sluuurp! :D

nathsketch:

Your honour, I’d like to submit this binder with three dozen TSJ defence posts into evidence. 

nathsketch:

Thank you for a visit. ? We do all acknowledged XY loves XL. It's mostly YaoLiu fans reject the whole arc YaoJing romance. 

AH :

Your honour, I’d like to submit this binder with three dozen TSJ defence posts into evidence. 

I'm pleading the Fifth. I've also brought a habeas corpus with me just in case.

nathsketch:

Pffffff Yeah yeah , we are more of the more :D