liddi:

Okay, now I am beginning to take back what I said about S2 changes not being as bad. If the script is indeed genuine, it practically reduces Xiang Liu's sacrifices for her to next to nothing, since they clearly were not needed. I really hope that this is fixed in the finalised version.

How could they film that love letter video if this was the direction they were going to go in?

The whole bug thing is confusing, but from reading that chapter, I have the impression that XY wouldn't let go untill she takes the bug out of CX, but If she succesfully transfer the bug to someone else who doesn't love her, wouldn't that end up killing her? Isn't that what XL tried to avoid, thus offering to take the bug himself? 

"Recently I’ve been trying all sorts of ways to coax the bug out of him but nothing works.”Xiang Liu thought about it “If you don’t want to die, then don’t try calling it back. The only solution is to find a way to transfer the bug to another person.”

Also, maybe XL is not planing to kill CX right away, but maybe he was scared someonelse could get to him and kill him before taking the bug out? 

“How to remove that voodoo bug. Xuan’s follower came by once to ask.” With Xuan’s real identity, that bug might not hurt him, but it was more likely one day it’ll kill Xiao Liu since so many people wanted to kill Xuan. Xiao Liu also didn’t want people to use him anymore against Xuan so was genuinely racking his brains for how to remove it. 

Or maybe he though that since she grew the bug for him and not knowing who CX was to her at that time, putting it în CX would end în heartbreak? 

AH :
I considered one not-great explanation that was somewhat similar, where XL might know all about the bugs and that killing CX could also kill XY, but he's not 100% certain that that would happen. So he won't try to kill CX by killing XY because he isn't certain that would actually kill CX and he doesn't want to kill XY unnecessarily. And in the opposite direction, he hopes that even if he does kill CX, it won't kill XY. But because he is worried about the connection potentially causing XY to die (among other reasons), he offers to have XY transfer the bug to him. 

That could be the case, though the arrow Fangfeng Yiying shoot at Cang Xuan was meant to be a killing shot if not for Xiao Liu going all out to save him. In which case, it stands to reason that Xiang Liu should be pretty confident that Xiao Liu will not be harmed even if Cang Xuan dies, knowing that the bug was not successfully planted.

I still think that the reason why the bug didn't set well în CX was because XY was growing it for XL. She said it took her years to grow that bug, maybe that bug grow alongside with her affection towards  XL?  Or perhaps because of it? 

AH :

How could they film that love letter video if this was the direction they were going to go in?

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that either the leaked script was not finalised (even the episode and season details were different - ending at S2 Ep28), or I missed out details because I have not read the whole thing through. However, what I have read makes me worried whether the logic was properly thought through when they decided to change it.

blabla100:
Also, maybe XL is not planing to kill CX right away, but maybe he was scared someonelse could get to him and kill him before taking the bug out? 

XL tries to kill CX twice while the bug is in him. First, shortly after the bug is planted in him, when XL uses XY to lure CX to the cliff. XL is fully about to land the killing blow and is only stopped when XY throws her body in the way to shield CX. Second, when he stuns XY so that CX is stunned when FFYY shoots him.

liddi:

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that either the leaked script was not finalised (even the episode and season details were different - ending at S2 Ep28), or I missed out details because I have not read the whole thing through. However, what I have read makes me worried whether the logic was properly thought through when they decided to change it.

Fair enough. 

It would be nice, though, if Kokuto was right all along and the script is totally fake and the "unpredictable changes" were really just that they made no changes at all and the script was just "leaked" so we would be surprised. Totally a realistic option, yes? 

AH :

XL tries to kill CX twice while the bug is in him. First, shortly after the bug is planted in him, when XL uses XY to lure CX to the cliff. XL is fully about to land the killing blow and is only stopped when XY throws her body in the way to shield CX. Second, when he stuns XY so that CX is stunned when FFYY shoots him.

Right, but from what I recall the first time they discuss about removing the bug was after his failled tentative of killing CX, so I had the impression that it was în that time frame that XL found more about how they actually work. 

blabla100:

I still think that the reason why the bug didn't set well în CX was because XY was growing it for XL. She said it took her years to grow that bug, maybe that bug grow alongside with her affection towards  XL?  Or perhaps because of it? 

I can confirm that years did pass between the time when XY met XL in chapter 2 and the time when she planted the bug in ZX in chapter 5. 

The following time markers are used:

• After a year, Lao Mu held a simple wedding ceremony for Ma Zhi and Chun Tao, the daughter of Butcher Gao. 
  • It was six months later and Ah Nian and Xuan did not leave Qing Shui Town like Xiao Liu predicted. 
  • The Autumn afternoon is the most beautiful time of the day.
  • The image inside the mirror was all his glorious handiwork that night. He drew nine heads on Xiang Liu’s face and his icy eyes were glaring at him like daggers... After that night, many months had passed and Xiang Liu never showed up again. 
  • In the Spring when hundreds of flowers blossomed was when Chuan Zi and Xan Tian Er got married. 
  • It was a Summer midday and not many people were on the street since it was so hot.

But XL says that (at least in the novel) the reason that the bug wasn't properly planted in ZX was because he didn't willingly accept the bug the way XL did: 

"... Years ago I was only able to remove the bug from Zhuan Xu because he didn’t know it was you so he didn’t willingly accept the bug. So you never successfully planted the bug on him in the first place. But I….I was heart and soul willing, so the bug successfully planted in me..."

blabla100:

Right, but from what I recall the first time they discuss about removing the bug was after his failled tentative of killing CX, so I had the impression that it was în that time frame that XL found more about how they actually work. 

The first time XL suggests transferring the bug in the novel is when XY is literally still in shock / recovering from being stunned. CX had an arrow in his chest while they had that conversation.

liddi:
Cang Xuan colluding with Hou to kill Jing is just a product of a illusion created by his grandfather, to remind him of the consequences should he give in to his inner desires and kills Jing over Xiao Yao

I don't understand why they would make this change. Cang Xuan killing Jing is the reason why Xiao Yao left :/

liddi:
Xiao Yao never sees Xiang Liu's true form, and by extension her clinging on to Xiang Liu afterwards because the assassination attempt was omitted.

This is so disappointing. I know because of censorship issues, they won't show Xiao Yao clinging to Xiang Liu and him embracing her after biting her neck but I was hoping she'd still see his true form :(

liddi:
The copious amount of blood he took from Xiao Yao was not to save Jing, but for Xiao Yao to recover after he forcibly lured the lover's bug out of her and killed it

I don't get this. He saves Xiao Yao by taking her blood and then putting it back in her? Him taking her blood and giving it to Jing to save him makes so much more sense...

liddi:
Jing survives not because Xiang Liu saved him, but of Xiao Yao's blood pill and him using a puppet which took the arrow during the attack. He was trapped in an underground cave, and would not have survived if he had not taken Xiao Yao's pill to regain his strength and clawed his way out

omg whyyyy. They're giving Jing more of an active role but this diminishes Xiang Liu's efforts.........

liddi:
Xiao Yao found out about Xiang Liu's death before the wedding. This time the scene ends with the song she sang to lure Fei Fei

Ugh. In the novel, she's so depressed after finding out about Xiang Liu's death. It makes more sense to have the wedding first and then finding out about Xiang Liu :((( In the drama, she sang the song and Xiang Liu was the first to hear it so I'm fine with them ending it with the song.

liddi:
A Nian's sadness while giving the big bellied doll to Xiao Yao, reminding her specifically to bring it with her wherever she goes, so that a part of Xiang Liu is forever with her, even if she doesn't know it

I'm fine with this. Cang Xuan's flower and Xiang Liu's doll will always be with her :')

liddi:
Xiao Yao and Jing leave for Qingshui town after their wedding, instead of going to the ocean to settle down in one of the many uncharted islands

Nooooo. The ocean is the only place where no one can truly bother them :|

liddi:
upset when he felt Xiao Yao and Jing kissing passionately, which also confirms that he feels her every emotion; how he treasures the tear pearl, even to his very last breath.

My goddddd, I don't want to see this. I think this is one of the worst changes. This is going to make me feel even worse for Xiang Liu. I'm glad he still has that tear pearl though so he has still has a part of her even as he dies ?

Also, sorry for the complaints lol. But I'm so disappointed with some of these changes :/

Elise:
My goddddd, I don't want to see this. I think this is one of the worst changes. This is going to make me feel even worse for Xiang Liu. I'm glad he still has that tear pearl though so he has still has a part of her even as he dies ?

Also, sorry for the complaints lol. But I'm so disappointed with some of these changes :/

I really wished they'd just released the second season as quickly as possible. All this speculation and this leaked information is making things so much worse and they weren't really that good to begin with. As for the complaints, no need to be sorry hahaha you'll never be more annoying than me with all my blatant dissatisfaction :D

AH :

The first time XL suggests transferring the bug in the novel is when XY is literally still in shock / recovering from being stunned. CX had an arrow in his chest while they had that conversation.

I don't remember what was the reason for the second attempt. He wanted to actually kill CX or maybe to have his infos about the bug confirmed? Hence, Idk, it's confusing.  Maybe he shot that arrow to get the bug out? 

Elise:
Cang Xuan killing Jing is the reason why Xiao Yao left :/

That was my understand the first time I read the novel. But I think it's a little more nuanced than that.

After TSJ returns, XY forgives ZX (at TSJ's urging) and accepts his flower in exchange for ZX agreeing to be her brother again. Her relationship with ZX was definitely damaged, but at this point she hadn't decided to leave for the one remaining place (apart from Jade Mountain) that was outside of ZX's control. She and TSJ had vague plans to go somewhere and they said goodbye to Jing Ye before their wedding, but they hadn't chosen where they would go or when they would leave.

XY only decides to actually leave (and specifically to go to the ocean to explore its scattered islands) after XL's death (which ZX was also indirectly responsible for). I feel like the damage to their relationship because of TSJ's death PLUS the damage done because of XL's death led to her decision to leave for a place outside of ZX's control without saying goodbye to him. 

And of course, spending the whole night thinking of XL would also make her think of the ocean and his many reminders that the ocean would always be a place that she could return to.

blabla100:

I don't remember what was the reason for the second attempt. He wanted to actually kill CX or maybe to have his infos about the bug confirmed? Hence, Idk, it's confusing.  Maybe he shot that arrow to get the bug out? 

In the novel, XL says that, as a general in the Sheng Nong remnant army, he feels obligated by virtue of his position to kill ZX. I don't think his motives change between assassination attempts. 

I recall the version of this conversation in the drama being similar. 

-----

“Can killing him bring back the Sheng Nong Kingdom?” “No.” “Did he ever go on the battlefield and kill Sheng Nong soldiers?” “No.” “Do you have a personal blood feud with him?” “No.”

“Then why do you still want to kill him?”

“My position. Knowing that he’s right under my watch and not killing him, I feel like I’m not doing my part.”

“You have some sort of principles?”

“To Sheng Nong I do.”