nathsketch:

There's no chemistry, please. There's Deng Wei being handsome, but that's it. Beauty does not automatically equate to chemistry. He had chemistry with that cute bird girl in Mess the Dragon. That's chemistry. I used to rewatch those scenes because those were really amazing

We definitelly share the same opinion on what a good chemistry  means . I see  many people describing couples in dramas to ha ve a great chemistry... but to me they just look pretty... but chemistry is where the couple is not 'cold' during intimate scenes such holding hands, or being close... or else.. a good hot example currently  airing is "forever love" ... that is  what i perceive as Chemistry... but it might  be my personal view of course...

nathsketch:

She likes to put us through the wringer :(

I'm keeping my expectations very very low, 'cause luck is not on our side ?

What's that ranking I keep hearing about? A friend from Germany showed me different results on the Tencent app yesterday.

i think in the wetv international yaoliu ranked higher but in one of the posters (in chinese) i saw in weibo and twitter, yaojing was higher by a looot. But  ranking is consistently high for xiangliu/tjc and xiao yao/yz as theyve done an excellent job acting their complex characters. 

but you are right, with the changes they’re introducing i dont think there is much hope. ill think of they new book cover by tonghua with yaoliu as the new ending.

@elise totally very shady. 1. extracting a promise to wait for 15 years. 2. hiding behind every xiangliu and xiao yao interaction, and appearing at the worst time 3. constantly reminding xiao yao of the 15 years promise (when all he has to do is break off an engagement) - thats in the book not sure if it was shown in tv version coz i ffd all his scenes. ??? definitely a manipulative character hiding behind a persona that looks shy and understanding yet with quite selfish motives all along. 

bugei:

i think in the wetv international yaoliu ranked higher but in one of the posters (in chinese) i saw in weibo and twitter, yaojing was higher by a looot. But  ranking is consistently high for xiangliu/tjc and xiao yao/yz as theyve done an excellent job acting their complex characters. 

but you are right, with the changes they’re introducing i dont think there is much hope. ill think of they new book cover by tonghua with yaoliu as the new ending.

Ugh, that's such bummer :( I hate this so much ୧(•̀ᗝ•́)૭୧(⇀‸↼‶)૭

bugei:

@elise totally very shady. 1. extracting a promise to wait for 15 years. 2. hiding behind every xiangliu and xiao yao interaction, and appearing at the worst time 3. constantly reminding xiao yao of the 15 years promise (when all he has to do is break off an engagement) - thats in the book not sure if it was shown in tv version coz i ffd all his scenes. ??? definitely a manipulative character hiding behind a persona that looks shy and understanding yet with quite selfish motives all along. 

I think it's so funny you writing this, considering you started shipping them and now you're saying you fast-forwarded his scenes. LOL that's the kind of character development I love hahahahahaha

lux73:

We definitelly share the same opinion on what a good chemistry  means . I see  many people describing couples in dramas to ha ve a great chemistry... but to me they just look pretty... but chemistry is where the couple is not 'cold' during intimate scenes such holding hands, or being close... or else.. a good hot example currently  airing is "forever love" ... that is  what i perceive as Chemistry... but it might  be my personal view of course...

Yeah, I'm as biased as you probably are, but we can still think rationally lol there's ? Chemistry ?and there's looking good in front of a camera. It's not the same

bugei:
i think in the wetv international yaoliu ranked higher but in one of the posters (in chinese) i saw in weibo and twitter, yaojing was higher by a looot.

I'm surprised YaoJing is ranked higher... What am I not seeing that everyone else is seeing???

bugei:
But ranking is consistently high for xiangliu/tjc and xiao yao/yz as theyve done an excellent job acting their complex characters.

I hope Xiang Liu is ranked higher than the other male leads (Cang Xuan, Jing, Feng Long) lol. It's what he deserves.

bugei:

LOL for season 2, I think I'm going to fastforward his scenes too. It's too painful seeing Xiao Yao with another guy that's not Xiang Liu. Yes, Jing is shady. He's a fox so he's quietly manipulative and selfish ?

Elise:
I'm surprised YaoJing is ranked higher... What am I not seeing that everyone else is seeing???

I don't get it either. There are a couple of kindergarten kisses, then that scene in episode 28 where he grabs her neck...lol are we really ready for a NECK discussion? Better sit this one out. Whatever, it's all so limply lethargic that even typing this makes me wanna take a nap.

Kokuto:

Hahahaha.  Only if you change yours to Kokuto Is Insufferable. ;pppppp

nathsketch:

But you're not ?

Heh.  My hungry, ignored dogs beg to differ.  As well as my poor abused non-CDrama friends.

nathsketch:

I don't get it either. There are a couple of kindergarten kisses, then that scene in episode 28 where he grabs her neck...lol are we really ready for a NECK discussion? Better sit this one out. Whatever, it's all so limply lethargic that even typing this makes me wanna take a nap.

i dont understand as well but the actor did gain a lot of fans who  are active netizens so im guessing that explains the ranking because there is simply nothing storywise thats worth voting. 

i remember the meme comparing the three guys in the 37 years xiang liu was saving xiao yao, cang xuan was busy cleaning up and farming, and jing was sleeping ?

haha nvm, at the end of the day the actors have done a great job  letting the fans be immersed in the story. 

Kokuto:
My hungry, ignored dogs beg to differ.

Go feed them and then come back!

Kokuto:
As well as my poor abused non-CDrama friends.

My non-CDrama friends are slowly being converted. You need to do the same.

A bit of a real-life story that nobody asked, but whatever lol: my best friend's uncle owns a rock/mineral mining company, and its biggest clients are Chinese. So, after I started annoying her nonstop about kdramas and cdramas, she became slightly obsessed and decided to study Chinese so she could accompany the employees on their trips to China. She works in the legal department. Obviously, I'll need to tag along, 'cause I still remember what I studied in college hah. Already cleaning up my 2024/2025 schedule and even longer if need be ??

Elise:

LOL for season 2, I think I'm going to fastforward his scenes too. It's too painful seeing Xiao Yao with another guy that's not Xiang Liu. Yes, Jing is shady. He's a fox so he's quietly manipulative and selfish ?

i feel the same. so im just waiting for season 2 to finish. in one of tjc interview he mentioned that when we was dubbing his final scene some of the people in the studio were in tears. so im preparing myself for the ending. 

but theres also talks of a special segment of hi6 that was filmed earlier which might come out after season 2 airs so im hoping we get some HE there. 

bugei:
i dont understand as well but the actor did gain a lot of fans who are active netizens so im guessing that explains the ranking because there is simply nothing storywise thats worth voting.

Yes, that's probably it.

The irony in all this, in my case, is that I started watching LYF because of Deng Wei hahahaha

People were talking about this amazing actor called Tan Jian Ci , and I was like: who dat? ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯

Three months later: ...

Ignorance really is bliss.

nathsketch:
She works in the legal department. Obviously, I'll need to tag along, 'cause I still remember what I studied in college hah.

I'm suddenly remembering you assigning TinaL the role of TSJ's attorney ^^