Some good stuff from Alysha:

"When do you think is the moment XL fell for XY?

For me, I think it's the night he came to heal and XY drew on his face. Their previous meetings were filled with both intrigues and suspicions. Maybe FBB was not being a player and instead he was confessing XL's real feeling when he told XY that he "fell for you at first sight". XL first heard XY singing, thus spark his interest so he sought her out. XL - a destitute loner all his life, must have picked up that sorrow from her voice, a feeling he knew too well. But I don't think it was love yet. Because he did whipped her pretty hard. The suspicions far outgrew the "love" there. When she confessed that she "had no where to go, no one to rely on, and no where to return to", I think that honesty has ever very so slightly knocked on the door to XL heart, but he still hasn't reacted to that knocking yet.

Then as he saw her more, he empathized with her, and that knocking grew louder and louder.

But I think it was the night that she drew on his face that he finally responded to her knocking by opening the door to his heart, letting her just waltz right in. He came to her when he was the most vulnerable, not only because he had been hurt, but the process of healing rendered him motionless. It speaks volume to the amount of trust he had toward XY and she proved him right. Her mouth is filled with pseudo-hate, saying she wanted to kill him, but when given the golden chance, she drew on his face instead. If you think about XL life to this point, I think this is the first moment of pure "fun" he ever had. XL hatched into this world as an orphan. Abused, used, and tortured is all he knew of "life". His first glimpse of compassions was from his adopted father. He ran away to the North Pole so he can be alone, and when he became strong enough to protect himself, people either fear him or disgusted with him. I don't think XL ever experience any normal feeling other creatures experience as a child, especially not of being "teased" and just having "fun", or being treated with just a shred of "normalcy". This is his first ever taste, and unknowingly, he got his heart snatched away by the scrupulous heart breaker Wen Xiao Liu!

I don't think it even registered to XL yet, that he was looking forward to seeing her again. That when she sought him out the next time, he was sourly disappointed that the "important" matter is Skinny's marriage, not HIM. The 9-headed snake was reeked was jealousy and pettiness, and like a schoolboy unfamiliar with this new found feeling, he reacted by being mean to her. Not that I think this is cute or acceptable, but I'm pointing out that the his understanding of his own emotions and reactions is still quite "elementary" at this point.

In their earlier meeting, XL often said "Lies!" whenever XY speak. But I never felt he was annoyed by it or does it mean he doesn't trust her words. I always felt, that he said "lies" not to her exaggerated stories, but to her comments of wanting to hurt him. That's why he always have this very satisfied chuckle and teases her that she is not capable of hurting him, not because she can't, but he knew she won't. In a ironic twisted of fate kind of way, XY enthusiastically said the only person she wanted to "hurt" was XL. And this "hurt" she was referring to was the Lover Bug. Instead of being offended, XL reacted with a warm expression, because in his ears, he must have heard it as "The only person I want to love is you." And so he welcomed the Lover Bug willingly. XL was only a little bit careless and open his door just a little bit, but Wen Xiao Liu moved right in and set up a bonfire, slowly melting him from the inside, and then setting his heart ablaze. As much as he pretend to, XL/FBB no longer has any control when it come to XY. When she's in Qingshui town, he's there. When she moved to Xiyan, he resumed his FBB persona and accompany her almost everyday. When she moved to Chenrong mountain, what did the proud XL do? He followed her right behind her. Sorry Zhang Wan Yi, he called 17 a "simp" but he missed the mark AGAIN, the biggest simp here is XL, who do anything for XY and don't even dare to let her know."

SeaisForCookies gave us some gifts:

TJC singing in Cantonese on Hello Saturday 《你好星期六》 2022-02-26
(His voice sounds even sexier in Cantonese)
https://youtu.be/UwGivGBxvsE

Parallel《平行》dance performance from Campus Go《沸腾校园 》(2022)
(This dance is just lit) 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
https://youtu.be/ZJ2DkAGVNNU

Dance Practice for his own single《IMMA GET IT》(2023)
(Yeah, you gonna get!!) ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
https://youtu.be/NvNasFTs7LM

I'll just leave this here 'cause I'm not going to be crying alone 😩

https://twitter.com/lycheefrost/status/1696504426960150591?s=20

nathsketch:

I'll just leave this here 'cause I'm not going to be crying alone ?

https://twitter.com/lycheefrost/status/1696504426960150591?s=20

and he did this for what??? 😭😭 this hurts so bad fhjdkdkdks

My friend who's also into XL and TJC like me sent me this telling me it describes us both perfectly. I can't stop laughing.~ XD

I think everyone is like this ~

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1696199751207731417?t=_QT1RmoqrVNjktsTy9yJdA&s=19

chase_kayden:

My friend who's also into XL and TJC like me sent me this telling me it describes us both perfectly. I can't stop laughing.~ XD

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1696199751207731417?t=_QT1RmoqrVNjktsTy9yJdA&s=19

OMG.  That is perfect.   And yes!  Most of it has been experienced here.  LOL!

chase_kayden:

Finally!  I saw the ones for Jing and CX and was wondering if we were going to get one for XL.   Love that outfit.

Going to rewatch and cry some more.

chase_kayden:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I found myself!

herazuli:

and he did this for what??? 😭😭 this hurts so bad fhjdkdkdks

I have no idea!!! What a fool 😭 WHY

After reading the novel (right after I finished watching Season 1), I have decided that I'm only going to watch XY and XL scenes on her wedding and last chapter for the Season 2 episodes... As a XiaoLiu shipper, my heart can't bear going through another heartbreak because of the author's writing decisions😭

I hope they change the ending 🤣🤣🤣

Someone please make a fanfic of XY and XL as the endgame cp with the same setting lmao its been days and I still can't move on from Xiang Liu.

the last time I felt this way for a Cdrama character, was few years ago, when I first watched Love and Redemption (still my top1 Xianxia) and can't move on from Si Feng for months🤣 tho at least in LAR, Si Feng ended up with Xuanji... but its not the case with Xiang Liu in LYF🥹😭

Username6110:

Someone please make a fanfic of XY and XL as the endgame cp with the same setting lmao its been days and I still can't move on from Xiang Liu.

the last time I felt this way for a Cdrama character, was few years ago, when I first watched Love and Redemption (still my top1 Xianxia) and can't move on from Si Feng for months🤣 tho at least in LAR, Si Feng ended up with Xuanji... but its not the case with Xiang Liu in LYF🥹😭

I haven't read the book, so there's things I'm not familiar with or have a take on that lead up to the ending.  I'm looking at you Invisible Hong Jiang.  But I've said this elsewhere, every time I've tried a game out a drabble to ... move their relationship to the next level, XL / Fang Feng Bei balks.  He's like, "No. I would not do that."  It's very frustrating.

The only way it is possible, IMO, is if he is released from his debt.  He can't abandon Invisible Hong Jiang or the rebel army.  And TBH, XY would not want him to abandon them.  If he did, what's to say he wouldn't abandon her?  It's sort of the same problem she has with Jing.

Kokuto:
The only way it is possible, IMO, is if he is released from his debt. He can't abandon Invisible Hong Jiang or the rebel army. And TBH, XY would not want him to abandon them. If he did, what's to say he wouldn't abandon her? It's sort of the same problem she has with Jing.

There could be a version where he actually helps the rebel army regain their dignity and a place in the world. Through his connection with XY, he could become a conduit of communication and detente. The request for a place as a burial ground in return for healing her could be seen as the seed of an idea/strategy which brings everybody to peace, once CX is in power and they aren't dealing with his grandfather and uncles, any longer. CX's statement about seeing everyone as equal citizens could be an opening for XY to start talking to him about coming to peaceful terms with the rebels. The truth of who her birth father is, coupled with CX's desire to protect her, could be a starting point for him to stop demonizing them.  It would be a novel in and of itself to tell the story of how each of this generation's characters slowly makes steps towards ending the interminable cycles of violence between the peoples. And in that story, XL could find a way to feel that he settled his debt. He could achieve a status of respectability from the people and not be so mired in his abyss of aloneness. This might allow him to believe its okay to desire a relationship with XY and to express his feelings to her. As she watches him play a role in world peace and witnesses how devoted he is to his principles, she would come to see how reliable he has been for her and that his scary side has dissipated as he his no longer demonized and ostracized and has come to know a life with caring people who accept him. He becomes the revered 9-headed dragon who brokered what no one has in a thousand years; proudly able to show his true form. and to let his power be respected rather than feared. He would finally become the partner she could be with. And they could swim in the ocean together, which he wouldn't be able to do with anyone else.

UnaSpenser VIP

There could be a version where he actually helps the rebel army regain their dignity and a place in the world. Through his connection with XY, he could become a conduit of communication and detente. The request for a place as a burial ground in return for healing her could be seen as the seed of an idea/strategy which brings everybody to peace, once CX is in power and they aren't dealing with his grandfather and uncles, any longer. CX's statement about seeing everyone as equal citizens could be an opening for XY to start talking to him about coming to peaceful terms with the rebels. The truth of who her birth father is, coupled with CX's desire to protect her, could be a starting point for him to stop demonizing them.  It would be a novel in and of itself to tell the story of how each of this generation's characters slowly makes steps towards ending the interminable cycles of violence between the peoples. And in that story, XL could find a way to feel that he settled his debt. He could achieve a status of respectability from the people and not be so mired in his abyss of aloneness. This might allow him to believe its okay to desire a relationship with XY and to express his feelings to her. As she watches him play a role in world peace and witnesses how devoted he is to his principles, she would come to see how reliable he has been for her and that his scary side has dissipated as he his no longer demonized and ostracized and has come to know a life with caring people who accept him. He becomes the revered 9-headed dragon who brokered what no one has in a thousand years; proudly able to show his true form. and to let his power be respected rather than feared. He would finally become the partner she could be with. And they could swim in the ocean together, which he wouldn't be able to do with anyone else. 

That is a lovely AU version, but relies on invisible General Hong Jiang and the rebel army wanting peace.  That doesn't appear to be the case in what we've seen so far.  And XL isn't going to work toward something that they don't want.  I'm not even sure he would even know how to work towards peace.  Cause everyone, including XL himself sees him as a demon born in blood for battle and killing.  That's all he knows.  That's why that scene with him killing everyone in the dark to steal the provisions while XY and her friends danced happily in glowing candlelight was so poignant.

I also doubt CX wants him alive.  Especially if he thought there was a relationship with XY.