@AH

You explained very well the "window" scene, that's exactly how I interpret the metaphor behind it too. 

About the song she she sings în chapter 6 and the related scene from the drama, I personally agree with H19279. I belive it's about XL, not about CX. Also, if I am not mistaken, I belive there is scene in the novel or/and in the drama when CX even asked her what sort of relationship she has with XL and XY's answer is that that's not something to answer when drinking. 

Regarding what or if XY thought about XL when she attempted suicide, and what that means ... I wouldn't use that event to make any conjectures about the XY / XL relationship or assessment of XY.  People who attempt / commit suicide aren't thinking rationally, nor are their emotions accurate.  They are in the grip of a mental crisis.

AH :
In the poem that XY quotes, the woman's husband is a king who has been away on the battlefield for a long time. We can assume that her feelings for her husband are probably feelings of romantic love. But we don't know that for sure. We do know that she misses her husband deeply, and when she is prevented from re-uniting with him, she needs to use alcohol to distract herself from the suffering of missing him. 

Yes the woman in the poem use wine to supress her longing. And in the context when XY woke up and seeing Jing, she used Jing as the mean to supress her feeling for XL. 

AH :
When WXL says, "Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Please don't... Don't..." while reaching out in her sleep with her brow furrowed with concern and sweat beading on her forehead in episode 10, I interpret that to be intended to show WXL wanting to stop XL from killing CX, rather than WXL deeply missing XL.

This is my first interpretation when I watch the drama too. It is not clear in the drama that she had any romatic feeling with XL. 

However, in the novel, she already had certain feeling for XL. You used the drinking with CX to apply for the poem that the drank wine to supress/hide her emotion. I also can use one of her line there. She told CX that she was scared (or afraid of XL). She had never scared of him before. Her normal attitude (when XL told her to hide when she helped XL kidnap Ah Nian to get the medicine showed it) was courage, willing to face someone stronger than her. That was the first time she said she was scared of him. Later in chapter 13 and 17, she confirmed it again. It is the scare of him stepping in her dream, the scare of "she fell in love with someone like him".

And keep in mind that in the drama, when she held Jing's hand, she was relieved. So that " please don't ..."could mean don't leave her. 

The song had nothing to do with CX. It's a metaphor that TH used for XL and Jing. That is really about romantic loved couple

HeadInTheClouds:
Unfortunately, I don't think Tong Hua is likely to revisit this world, she may not want to given the enduring appeal of Lost You Forever came pretty much due to Xiang Liu's ending. Fans will just have to rely on fan fiction to manage their feelings of regret and wistfulness.

I can confirm that writing your own fix-it fic can be cathartic. ^^

“People who attempt / commit suicide aren't thinking rationally, nor are their emotions accurate.  They are in grip of a mental crisis.“

@kokuto, this is a good point too. However, it was XY’s behavior before and after the suicide that made me reach my interpretation. 

blabla100:
I am curious how you guys interpret the dream she had în chapter 32. My interpretation is that even though she is aware that her life next to Shiqi is something that she always longed for, since she always wanted a peaceful life with a forever companion, the truth is that deep down all she can see and what she actually wants is XL / pure white, not Jing. She covers her eyes the same way XL had, when he saw himself reflected into her eyes, în chapter 35.

I read this scene as she woke up from slumber where she was dreaming back to the days of the medical clinic, basking in the sunlight with 17. To me, this is her usual pattern of finding comfort in Jing/17 whenever Xiang Liu rejects her. When she woke up she expected to see 17, but instead saw Xiang Liu. This was reality slapping her across the face, reminding her that the man whom she had hoped to take her hand had rejected her confession. She covered her eyes because she didn't want to face this painful reality.

blabla100:
Maybe the reason why she ran away from the wedding wasn't only because she didn't love Feng Long, and thus got the reason to end it, but also because "liking someone is something that can't stop you", implying her love for XL.

H19279:
My escape from marriage seems to involve many people, but in fact, it has nothing to do with anyone. The most fundamental reason is that I don't like Feng Leong. You should be able to understand that if you really like someone, no one can stop you. If you don't like that person, any reason will be a reason to give up. "

I feel like this is another instance when XY is bullshitting again, pretending that her escape from the marriage was solely due to not liking Feng Long. She was given many opportunities to call off the wedding but chose not to do so, hence her insistence here that it was just because of not liking Feng Long is bullshit, IMO. Particularly when you combined it with her crystal ball confession to Xiang Liu.

That brings me back to my question of why she went ahead with the wedding. Was she still hoping that Xiang Liu would come despite him not showing up in those 7 days? And yet she was angry and insisted on going ahead with the wedding until he used the blood oath to force her. Was she simply just wanted him to come out with a confession? She keeps on asking him what he wants, and what he's trying to do until she finally asks the real question - why didn't you come 2 months ago when I was waiting for you?

H19279:
That chapter is difficult to understand like hell. Serial of contradict.

I think the contradiction is a reflection of Xiao Yao's own contradictory/conflicting nature. Desperately wants to be with Xiang Liu, but cannot truly commit to that path because of fear so she constantly shifts back and forth. 

H19279:
Why did XY said "she owned him her life"?

If she truly believes that everything is a fair exchange between them, then that 37 years in exchange for the Mountain should have cleared the debt. And yet, she didn't spit that fact back at him. Was this simply more excuses and rationalization on her part or was she thinking that she still owed him for saving her life? With Xiao Yao, it's really hard to say what's actually real with her since she's prone to bullshitting and lying to herself and to others.

AH :

Yep!

Sounds like this is a widely known rumour? If it's true I find it very amusing that there's such a strong connection between XL and something I loved 20+ years ago. 

Maybe you have a type, AH :-)

I don't know if I would bet my boba tea on this, but I've seen it mentioned several times. And your post above with all the similarities makes it seem plausible. Maybe I'll bet one boba tea on this rumour, after all :-)

HeadInTheClouds:
If she truly believes that everything is a fair exchange between them, then that 37 years in exchange for the Mountain should have cleared the debt. And yet, she didn't spit that fact back at him. Was this simply more excuses and rationalization on her part or was she thinking that she still owed him for saving her life? With Xiao Yao, it's really hard to say what's actually real with her since she's prone to bullshitting and lying to hersel

I agree with you that she was prone to bullshitting and lying, not to herself but to others. In some cases when she had to share/show her thought, her words, her action usually crossed many events and people, using exposed fact/story/people to cover her real hidden story behind.

@H19279

Yes, that's my take on the drama too.  Sort of "XL, please don't leave me"  or, who knows, maybe if we keep in mind the previous scene, when they were în the pool and his hand was touching her,  I could interpreted either as

"XL, please, don't go further" because the same way he broke her shield în chapter 2, when she recalled that she is an abandoned person, XL could also been broken her shield in the pool and made her face the realisation that she is a woman who is attracted by a man for the first time and thus got scared. 

Either as

"XL, please don't take your hand away",  because subconsciouslly I do want you to go further. 

But I definetely don't belive it's about CX. 

"You should be able to understand that if you really like someone, no one can stop you. If you don't like that person, any reason will be a reason to give up. "

Yes, AhNian is able to understand not only that when she doesn't like a person, nothing can stop her from avoiding marry that person, the same way as she is able to understand that when she does like a person, în her case CX, nothing can keep her away from him. 

MayaDavid:

You should join in the discussions. People get passionate and pull out their quotes, but we're a friendly and courteous bunch. Differing opinions keep things lively, otherwise, it just ends up being an echo chamber.“

@HeadInTheClouds thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate how academic and professional this thread is.

While some of us are academic and professional, others are more casual. I just flew by the seat of my pants with my "impressions" and "interpretations" since I struggled to recall details. Nothing at all academic about my posting :-). Also , did you miss the times when I was chucking a snit and taking jabs at Jing? Nothing professional about those moments :-).

Kokuto:

Regarding what or if XY thought about XL when she attempted suicide, and what that means ... I wouldn't use that event to make any conjectures about the XY / XL relationship or assessment of XY.  People who attempt / commit suicide aren't thinking rationally, nor are their emotions accurate.  They are in grip of a mental crisis.

Suicide is a complex topic. For some, it's an act of impulse done out of a mental crisis and too much pain. For others, it's a carefully thought-through, planned-out decision (such as euthanasia). Modern thoughts tend to view suicide through a negative lens; that it must be symptomatic of emotional disturbances and mental illness. That hasn't always been the case throughout history. Such as the concept of seppuku. So I don't think we should dismiss suicidal acts as simply mental crises and not examine other potential cognitive processes behind them. 

I do agree that we shouldn't view XY and XY/XL's relationship solely through her suicide attempts. Hence, we are looking at it as one particular aspect of their relationship; one that I think is quite relevant given the way their lives are tied together via the Lovers Bugs. XY's act of poisoning Cang Xuan and herself isn't one that was impulsive or irrational; it was a very deliberate act - she had to think about the dosage of the poison etc. Her actions here aligned a bit with that of murder-suicide, the motivations behind such suicides are different compared to other suicidal acts. For some, suicide is the ultimate act of revenge. For others, it's an act of control. As I said, complex topic. 

MayaDavid:

“People who attempt / commit suicide aren't thinking rationally, nor are their emotions accurate.  They are in grip of a mental crisis.“

@kokuto, this is a good point too. However, it was XY’s behavior before and after the suicide that made me reach my interpretation. 

Yes, we are looking at XY's behaviour through multiple instances and not just her suicidal acts.

blabla100:
@AH

You explained very well the "window" scene, that's exactly how I interpret the metaphor behind it too.

(^^)b

H19279:
1 hour ago
 AH :
In the poem that XY quotes, the woman's husband is a king who has been away on the battlefield for a long time. We can assume that her feelings for her husband are probably feelings of romantic love. But we don't know that for sure. We do know that she misses her husband deeply, and when she is prevented from re-uniting with him, she needs to use alcohol to distract herself from the suffering of missing him.

Yes the woman in the poem use wine to supress her longing. And in the context when XY woke up and seeing Jing, she used Jing as the mean to supress her feeling for XL.

H19279:
The song had nothing to do with CX. It's a metaphor that TH used for XL and Jing. That is really about romantic loved couple

blabla100:
About the song she she sings în chapter 6 and the related scene from the drama, I personally agree with H19279. I belive it's about XL, not about CX.

XY sings a sorrowful song to lure out the Fei Fei in chapter 2, before she meets XL for the first time. So she cannot be thinking of XL when she sings it then. I also don't think she was thinking of YSQ.  

Logically, when she sings a song about missing someone forever and never forgetting at that point in the story, if she was thinking of someone in particular, it seems to me that she could only be thinking of CX. 

-----

Chapter 2:

Jiu Jius loved listening to a young woman sing. A Jiu Jiu would be attracted to the young woman’s sorrowful song and its body would inch closer to help the girl forget her sorrows. Xiao Liu found a suitable spot to set the trap.

He jumped into the water to wash off the poop first, then crawled on a rock and sat down. The rock was warmed by the sun and Xiao Liu sat there fixing his hair and singing. The song was carried by the wind. Xiao Liu sang a song about missing someone forever and never being able to forget.

Xiao Liu’s voice was melodic and the song was sorrowful. So the Jiu Jiu was lured out. Initially it was scared, so it hid in the dark. When it sensed no danger, it could not overcome its natural instinct to help people forget sorrow, so it stepped out and started chirping.

Xiao Liu was about to escape when a voice came from above. “Furball, I told you many times: people are devious. You’ll remember it after this, won’t you?”

A white-haired man dressed all in white was elegantly sitting on a tree branch smirking in glee at the fallen condor. Xiao Liu silently sighed, the real danger had arrived. 

The man ignored him as he changed his robe and sat down at his desk to review documents. It was then that Xiao Liu finally saw his face clearly. White hair like the clouds that wasn’t tied into a bun but instead a jade-colored rope was used to tie it neatly back to let it fall behind his head. His face was so beautifully handsome it bordered on surreal. His entire body was so spotlessly clean it was eerie.

At this time he was holding a document in one hand as his eyes were lifted in scorn. He sensed Xiao Liu looking at him and smiled towards Xiao Liu who shivered and immediately shut his eyes. That look he’s only seen once when he was small, it was the way a world-renowned giant demon looked at her. It was the look that only someone who had stepped on countless corpses could give off.

Xiao Liu guessed who he was: that legendary, handsome-beyond-compare, murdering, evil devil. The Nine-headed Demon. The one with nine-lives. Xiang Liu.

-----

Chapter 9:

Even after three hundred years apart, perhaps it’s because their blood was connected, and because each tucked the other person away deep inside the heart, the two of them had no awkwardness and could joke with each other without reservation.

-----

Chapter 47:

Xiao Yao was about to pass out but Zhuan Xu’s words took her back to the very beginning and it was as clear as yesterday, “When I was locked up in the cage by the nine-tailed fox, all I could think of was you…..all I missed was you….when you didn’t recognize me, I still used my life to save you…….back then…….there was no Jing yet………..” Xiao Yao’s voice trailed off.

Zhuan Xu cried out, “Xiao Yao! Xiao Yao!………..” but he could feel only silence as her breathing ceased. 

On Cao Yun Peak, they played during the day and slept in each other’s arms at night. They buried and said farewell to their loved ones, they endured the pain together……….Xiao Yao said her heart had turned cold into stone, but he remained the most precious treasure that Xiao Yao kept deep in her heart, in the softest most secure place. When Jing said he would give first and trust first to try and win Xiao Yao’s heart, Xiao Yao had already done the same for Zhuan Xu. She didn’t like politics or care about the greater good, but she accompanied him back to Xuan Yuan Mountain and always protected him…..

-----

As for the logic behind XY quoting the poem in chapter 6 and whether she was wanting to momentarily forget the pain of missing CX or the pain of missing XL, I think we will have to agree to disagree. 

H19279:

AH :
When WXL says, "Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Please don't... Don't..." while reaching out in her sleep with her brow furrowed with concern and sweat beading on her forehead in episode 10, I interpret that to be intended to show WXL wanting to stop XL from killing CX, rather than WXL deeply missing XL.

This is my first interpretation when I watch the drama too. It is not clear in the drama that she had any romatic feeling with XL.

However, in the novel, she already had certain feeling for XL. You used the drinking with CX to apply for the poem that the drank wine to supress/hide her emotion. I also can use one of her line there. She told CX that she was scared (or afraid of XL). She had never scared of him before. Her normal attitude (when XL told her to hide when she helped XL kidnap Ah Nian to get the medicine showed it) was courage, willing to face someone stronger than her. That was the first time she said she was scared of him. Later in chapter 13 and 17, she confirmed it again. It is the scare of him stepping in her dream, the scare of "she fell in love with someone like him".

I don't know when XY first started to have love in her heart for XL. We can speculate (the ocean date in chapter 4 is a popular candidate - and I agree that it is a good candidate), but I don't think we can pinpoint a single moment with any kind of certainty. And tbh I'm rather fond of Darcy's quote in Pride and Prejudice:

“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

I like the idea of XY's feelings for XL developing like that over time, without XY even realizing how deep her feelings had become until much later. But that's a separate point I guess. 

Your point is that XY had romantic feelings for XL by the time she quoted the poem to TSJ in chapter 6. I don't necessarily disagree. I actually think that's very likely. They were able to successfully transfer the Lovers' Bug from CX to XL in the very next chapter (chapter 7) after all. 

But I still don't think she was referring to XL when she quoted the poem in chapter 6. I think her feelings for CX in chapter 6 match the feelings expressed in the poem much better. 

blabla100:
Also, if I am not mistaken, I belive there is scene in the novel or/and in the drama when CX even asked her what sort of relationship she has with XL and XY's answer is that that's not something to answer when drinking. 

Yes, during one of their many drinking sessions in chapter 6. After drinking a big bowl of CX's plum blossom wine, XY does end up answering that question while drinking with CX. 

In the same drinking session, XY asks CX if the feelings between CX and Ah Nian are just sibling feelings, and she is overcome with emotion when CX talks about missing her and treating Ah Nian well because it is like treating her well. 

-----

Chapter 6:

A few days later, the plum blossom wine Xuan made last year was ready to drink. He sold wine during the day, and that night he was so excited he took two jugs to find Xiao Liu.

Xiao Liu paused to see him but invited him in. There were no good cups in the house so Xiao Liu grabbed two bowls, some duck neck and chicken feet snacks he usually ate, and brought it over. The two drank in silence as usual. After they were done, both were slightly tipsy.

Xuan asked, “Why are you here in Qing Shui Town?”

“Wandering the world, I wandered my way here. I liked it so decided to stay.”

“You and Nine-lives Xiang Liu are…..very close?” Xiao Liu thought. “This question isn’t suitable to be answered when drinking.”

“Then drink a few more bowls then answer.”

Xuan poured Xiao Liu a big bowl and Xiao Liu drank it. “I’m scared of him, but I don’t dislike him. I am not enemies with him, but also not friends.”

Xuan replied, “He’s too smart, otherwise I really want to sit down and calmly drink with him once.”

Xiao Liu asked, “You and Ah Nian…..is it really just sibling feelings between you guys?”

Xuan laughed, “Now this question is suited to answer when drinking.”

Xiao Liu poured him a big bowl and Xuan gulped it down. He said nothing so Xiao Liu poured him another bowl. He gulped it down and took out a satchel from his robe. He opened it and pulled out a furry thing that looked like a snowball. He shook it and it expanded into a white fox tail. “This is my little sister-cousin’s precious treasure. When we were parting, she gave it to me but said it was just temporarily for me to play with. But that temporarily has become three hundred years.”

Xuan lightly stroked the white fox tail. “My little sister is the daughter of my Aunt and my Master. I promised my Aunt I would take care of my little sister, but I broke my promise. When my little sister was small, she went missing. They all say she’s dead but I still have a shred of hope. I hope that she is alive and will come back to ask for this fox tail back. Ah Nian is also the daughter of my Master. I am good to her because it’s like being good to my missing sister.”

Xiao Liu appeared totally under the influence and needed to hold onto Xuan. He raised a bowl and used it to wipe away a tear. Xuan curled the fox tail back into a ball and put it into the satchel, and then tucked the satchel snugly next to his body. He poured more wine and drank with Xiao Liu.

After two jugs were finished, the two fell asleep drunk. In the middle of the night, Xiao Liu woke up to find Xuan had left. Xiao Liu couldn’t fall back asleep so laid awake until sunrise.

For the rest of the Winter, Xuan and Xiao Liu would often drink together.

H19279:

AH :
When WXL says, "
Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu... Please don't... Don't..." while reaching out in her sleep with her brow furrowed with concern and sweat beading on her forehead in episode 10, I interpret that to be intended to show WXL wanting to stop XL from killing CX, rather than WXL deeply missing XL.

H19279:
And keep in mind that in the drama, when she held Jing's hand, she was relieved. So that " please don't ..."could mean don't leave her. 

Is it possible that WXL dreamed of XL leaving her in episode 10 and reached out her hand + said those words because she didn't want him to leave her? I suppose it's possible. But it just doesn't seem logical at that point in the drama. There are no other indications that XY feared XL leaving her at that point in the story. In fact, she was planning to leave QS town and change her face. Which doesn't suggest to me that she was worried about XL leaving her. 

Whereas she was definitely still worried about XL trying to kill CX. Rightly so, as it turned out, since XL worked with FFYY to try to assassinate CX in the next episode (episode 11).  

Also, WXL was not relieved when she held TSJ's hand in that scene in episode 10. 

WXL grabbed TSJ's hand in her sleep and said, "Xiang Liu... Xiang Liu..." TSJ pulled his hand out of her grasp, and WXL said, "Xiang Liu..." one more time while her hand felt around, searching. After a moment, TSJ took her searching hand and said, "Don't move or your wound will reopen again." WXL murmured something unintelligible that showed that she was still not pacified. TSJ thought to himself, "He hurt you like this and you're still thinking about him?" WXL shook her head in her sleep and said, "我求你不要。不要。(I beg you, don't... Don't...)" TSJ added a second hand so that he was clasping WXL's hand in both of his hands and said, "As long as you get better, I'll promise you anything." Even after that, WXL's brow remained furrowed. 

In episode 11, WXL uses the phrase "不要! 不要!" while speaking to XL in reality (rather than in a dream). Ironically, it's when XL initiates his joint plan with FFYY to assassinate CX, although WXL doesn't know that that is the purpose behind XL jumping off of Chubby with her in that case.

XL finds WXL giving herself a pep talk by the river and pulls her onto Chubby. They fly very high (above the clouds), and WXL nervously asks, "You're not going to throw me down from here are you?" XL says that he won't ("不会"). WXL breathes a sigh of relief and says, "那就好。那就好。(That's good. That's good.)" XL smirks, grabs her, and then launches them both off of Chubby into the air - causing them to fall towards the water from the height of the clouds. XL holds WXL below him and says, "我用你当垫子如何? (How about I use you as a cushion?)" and WXL yells, "不要! 不要!" XL flips them around so that he becomes WXL's cushion before they hit the water. 

WXL doesn't find out that XL did all of that to help FFYY assassinate CX until the next morning in episode 12. 

HeadInTheClouds:
1 hour ago
 AH :
Yep!

Sounds like this is a widely known rumour? If it's true I find it very amusing that there's such a strong connection between XL and something I loved 20+ years ago. 

Maybe you have a type, AH :-)

And now I know who to blame! Rumiko Takahashi!!

HeadInTheClouds:
I don't know if I would bet my boba tea on this, but I've seen it mentioned several times. And your post above with all the similarities makes it seem plausible. Maybe I'll bet one boba tea on this rumour, after all :-)

Tong Hua would've been 16 when the first volume of the manga came out. I definitely think it's plausible. ^^

AH :
XY sings a sorrowful song to lure out the Fei Fei in chapter 2, before she meets XL for the first time. So she cannot be thinking of XL when she sings it then. I also don't think she was thinking of YSQ.  

Logically, when she sings a song about missing someone forever and never forgetting at that point in the story, she could only be thinking of CX. 

In our life we sing million songs which doesn't need to connect to anyone, don't we? There is no MrStone telling story of XY and CX in the begining of drama. nothing reminded her to remember CX. Of course CX was the most beautiful memory of her. She protected him because she loved him as brother and because of the promise with grandma. 

It might be just the song she knew. It might be the song with the rhyme suitable for luring Fei Fei. 

TH used the song to reflect the outcome of their relationship. For XL: bird/fish; forget/remeber. and for Jing together, never apart. 

H19279:
28 minutes ago
 AH :

Logically, when she sings a song about missing someone forever and never forgetting at that point in the story, she could only be thinking of CX.

In our life we sing million songs which doesn't need to connect to anyone, don't we?

Two things are required for a song to successfully lure out a Fei Fei: (1) the singer must really be a woman; and (2) the song must really be sorrowful. When those criteria are fulfilled, the Fei Fei's natural instinct to help the woman forget her sorrows will cause it to be lured out. 

In chapter 5, XL said that WXL's transformation was so seamless that he couldn't see through it. To XL, WXL's male body appeared to be her true form. But XL trusted the Fei Fei's instincts. He didn't conclude that WXL must have tricked the Fei Fei into thinking that he was a woman. Instead, he concluded that WXL must really be a woman, and that WXL's male body must be a false form that he couldn't see through. We can conclude that XL believed that the Fei Fei would not be tricked by a transformation. Only a sorrowful song sung by an actual woman would successfully lure a Fei Fei out. 

It seems to me that the same would also be true for the sorrowfulness of the song. The song would have to be sung with genuine sorrow in order to successfully lure the Fei Fei out. And XY had plenty of sorrow to draw on. Given the timing of the scene, I believe that she was thinking of CX when she sang that song. He was the someone she had been missing forever (never forgetting) up until that point. We know for sure that she thought of him and missed him during the 30 years when she was held captive by the nine tailed fox (which she describes in chapter 47). And that she also thought of CX (unprompted) as a means of enduring the torture that she was subjected to in chapter 5. 

-----

Chapter 2:

Jiu Jiu would be attracted to the young woman’s sorrowful song and its body would inch closer to help the girl forget her sorrows. Xiao Liu found a suitable spot to set the trap.

He jumped into the water to wash off the poop first, then crawled on a rock and sat down. The rock was warmed by the sun and Xiao Liu sat there fixing his hair and singing. The song was carried by the wind. Xiao Liu sang a song about missing someone forever and never being able to forget.

Xiao Liu’s voice was melodic and the song was sorrowful. So the Jiu Jiu was lured out. Initially it was scared, so it hid in the dark. When it sensed no danger, it could not overcome its natural instinct to help people forget sorrow, so it stepped out and started chirping.

-----

Chapter 6:

Xiang Liu’s hand moved down from his neck, tracing his jawline, down his clavicle. Xiao Liu grabbed his hand and smiled. “I’m a man. Even if you like men, you should find someone better looking.”

“You’re a man?” Xiang Liu’s slightly blood stained lips curved upward. “If you’re a man, how did you lure the Jiu Jiu out?”

Xiao Liu blinked quizzically, “I don’t believe you can’t change your shape as well as your voice.”

“I trust a beast’s natural instinct.

“If a beast’s natural instinct was so accurate, your Furball wouldn’t have been poisoned by me. There would be no such thing as traps, and hunters wouldn’t need to hunt.”

“What kind of transformation spell are you using? You have very weak powers but it’s completely seamless just like it’s your true form.”

Xiao Liu angrily said, “This is my true form!”

Xiang Liu stared at him, his eyes as dark as ink, and Xiao Liu’s heart started racing. He violently shook off Xiang Liu’s hand and then spread himself open like a dead pig headed to boiling water. “Touch me then, touch me. After you’re done then stop accusing me of being a woman!”

Xiang Liu glared at him. “I’m not interested in your false form.” He released Xiao Liu, turned and walked out of the pool to go lay on the pallet and continued healing himself.

H19279:
There is no MrStone telling story of XY and CX in the begining of drama.

I assume you mean the novel does not include the scene from the drama where the stone spirit of QS town tells the story of CX and XY at the end of episode 1?

H19279:
nothing reminded her to remember CX.

She didn't need one.

90 years after parting with CX (70 years on Jade Mountain + 20 years hiding alone in unspecified mountains), she remembered CX when she was captured by the nine-tailed fox without needing to be reminded of him.

When she was tortured in chapter 5, she easily remembered CX without needing to be reminded of him, and when she remembered "the images appeared strangely clear" even though they had been apart for 300 years by that point. 

She never forgot him, so she didn't need a reminder. 

-----

Chapter 47:

Xiao Yao was about to pass out but Zhuan Xu’s words took her back to the very beginning and it was as clear as yesterday, “When I was locked up in the cage by the nine-tailed fox, all I could think of was you…..all I missed was you….when you didn’t recognize me, I still used my life to save you…….back then…….there was no Jing yet………..” 

-----

Chapter 9:

Even after three hundred years apart, perhaps it’s because their blood was connected, and because each had tucked the other person away deep inside the heart, the two of them had no awkwardness and could joke with each other without reservation.

H19279:
It might be just the song she knew. It might be the song with the rhyme suitable for luring Fei Fei. 

Obviously she chose that song because it was suitable for luring out the Fei Fei. 

I'm saying that if she was thinking of a particular person (which seems likely), then the person she thought of when she sang that song in chapter 2 was CX, and that thinking of him would have helped her give the song the genuine sorrow that was required to lure out the Fei Fei. 

H19279:
TH used the song to reflect the outcome of their relationship. For XL: bird/fish; forget/remeber. and for Jing together, never apart. 

I'm not contesting how the song is used to reflect XY's relationships with XL and TSJ. That is a separate point. 

My only point with respect to the song is that logic dictates that the only person that XY could have been thinking of when she sang the song in chapter 2 was CX. 

XY had not met XL when she sang the song in chapter 2, so she could not have been thinking of him when she sang it.

XY hadn't developed deep feelings for TSJ at that point and didn't miss him, so it's pretty certain that she wasn't thinking of him when she sang the song in chapter 2 either.