So then can someone explain that if Chenrong is conquered by Xi Yan then why is XL still persistent. Like why is he choosing to fight even though Chen Song doesn't have any land or citizens. Why does he say that it's best for a general to die on the battlefield? Why is he so loyal to Chen Rong

Kokuto:
  I listened to G.E.M. song, thanks!

But it turns out that Peach Blossom Blood is actually sang in A Life Time Love!  In a very risque scene.  Like, censors cover my eyes!  lol

https://x.com/Toastmybuns1/status/1808830558241501261

No, these are two different songs by two different composers, but same lyrics because the lyrics are Tong Hua's, from the book itself.

This scene takes place in A Life Time Love Ep25 when Chi Chen (Chi Yun in the drama) and A Heng (A Mo in the drama) became lovers for the first time before all hell breaks loose. 

The title of this song in A Life Time Love is 山歌 Mountain Song, composed by 陈超 Chen Chao, and sung as a duet by 小吉 Xiao Ji and 刘芳 Liu Fang. The lyrics include Chi Chen's song to A Heng, and A Heng's response. It was released in 2017.

The new song is called 桃花血 Peach Blossom Blood, composed by 董冬冬 Dong Dongdong, to be released 9 Jul 2024. The lyrics should just be Chi Chen's song, without A Heng's response.

AH :
As we've discussed before, that's not my personal interpretation for the novel, but for the drama - I saw in the LYF 2 comment section someone posted a letter from XL to XY (one that he obviously would never intend to have delivered):

That is a new letter which I never saw. Would love to see the original source, whether it is actually official or fanmade. 

AH :

Thanks for sharing!

Am I reading into it way too much, or might XL have chosen his QS town fake name (Bǎo zhù) because it rhymes with Xiǎo Liù?

I would say it is more about the meaning. The name means "precious pillar" in Vietnamese i.e. he was the pillar for WYL's human family. He took care of them after XY left. It might be the name that they gave him. There were no details in the novel. Liddi will need to confirm according to Mandarin text.

liddi:

That is a new letter which I never saw. Would love to see the original source, whether it is actually official or fanmade. 

I asked the user where she found it. I'll update here if she responds. 

Another user shared a link to this video, which seems to be a fan-made edit that took video clips from relevant parts of the drama that match up with different parts of the letter and added a voice over that's supposed to sound like XL narrating the text of the letter on top of the clips. 

Not sure if this is the original source of the letter text (in which case, it definitely seems to be fan-made) or if a fan took text shared from another source (official or unofficial) and used it to make the video.

HeadInTheClouds:
He took care of them after XY left.

Based on chapter 33, I thought TSJ did that? Or you're thinking that XL would have looked out for them too even though he didn't take credit for doing so in the novel?

Apparently, the song that plays during the waiting scene where they both wear red is The Waiting That Can't Be Waited For. Quite apt.

AH :

Based on chapter 33, I thought TSJ did that? Or you're thinking that XL would have looked out for them too even though he didn't take credit for doing so in the novel?

Yes. I never read it as TSJ looking after them. He checks in from time to time - he visited when Lao Mu died I believe. But XL is the one that would have looked after them consistently. His house is right next to the clinic. Jing was too busy being Tushan Master or sleeping (sorry, I got to get that in there :-)). Funny that XY is the one that never visited or thought to check in all those years. *shaking my head*.

This is my inference of course. XL.never takes credit for anything, the silly 9 heads demon 

HeadInTheClouds:

I would say it is more about the meaning. The name means "precious pillar" in Vietnamese i.e. he was the pillar for WYL's human family. He took care of them after XY left. It might be the name that they gave him. There were no details in the novel. Liddi will need to confirm according to Mandarin text.

It is different "Bao" which does not mean precious. 

Once Liddi and Windiaa said "bao zhu" is the name of a musical instrument or sth related to music

HeadInTheClouds:
I never read it as TSJ looking after them. He checks in from time to time.

From what he said in chapter 33, I figured he probably visited occcasionally (including going to see Lao Mu on his death bed), had Yu Jiang inform him of any important updates (... like Lao Mu being on his death bed), and hopefully either sold the land to them or made sure their rent remained reasonable and there was never any further threats of the land being taken back by the Tushan clan.

HeadInTheClouds:
But XL is the one that would have looked after them consistently. His house is right next to the clinic.

Hmm. I sort of feel like XL wasn't all that interested in Lao Mu or XY's temporary mortal companions and I'm not sure what kind of looking after they would have needed that he would have provided. But I don't think it's impossible that he would have provided some kind of assitance to them over the years for her sake.

If the name was given to him rather than chosen by him, I wonder if it might be based on his appearance rather than due to him providing great aid? Perhaps his disguised form was still handsome enough to warrant being described as precious / a treasure? And perhaps "pillar" would allude to him having a stoic, stiff, and upright demeanor? 

H19279:

Once Liddi and Windiaa said "bao zhu" is the name of a musical instrument or sth related to music

Thank you. It can be difficult since Mandarin words have homonyms and can means such different things. 

H19279:

Is it?

The novel used  / Bǎo Zhù, which does seem to translate to precious/treasure pillar based on a quick search?

-----

老婆婆对小夭招手:“小姑娘,到太阳下来坐着。”

小夭走了过去,坐在向阳的墙根下,十分暖和,有一种春日的舒服感。

老婆婆说:“以前没见过你,你是的……”

小夭不知道是谁,也许是相柳幻化的某个人,也许是相柳的下属幻化的某个人,反正应该是这位老婆婆的邻居,小夭随口道:“亲戚,我最近刚来。”

老婆婆说:“是不是被孩子给吵到了?你还没生孩子吧?”

小夭叹了口气,说道:“谁知道这辈子有没有福气有孩子。”她悔了赤水族长的婚,跟着个野男人跑掉了,这辈子只怕再没男人敢娶她。

老婆婆道:“有没有福气,是你自己说了算。”

听这话倒不像是一般的山野村妪,,小夭不禁细看了一眼老婆婆,又看了看四周,只觉有点眼熟。如果把那一排茂密的灌木丛扒掉,让路直通向河边,如果老婆婆的屋子变得小一些、旧一些,小夭迟疑地问:“这是回春堂吗?”

老婆婆说:“是啊!”

小夭愣住,呆看着老婆婆:“甜儿?”

老婆婆愣了一愣,眼中闪过黯然,说道:“自从我家串子过世后,很久没听到人叫我这个名字了。你怎么知道我叫桑甜儿?”

liddi:
Nov 3, 2023 05:25 pm
H19279:
I don't know the chinese letter for Baozhu. Maybe Liddi knows. 

I think Bao can also mean Protect

Zhu (as you said): Pillar which support the house

So, Bao Zhu can imply XL considered himself as someone that other can rely on, as concrete protector for other

EDIT: @Liddi, I saw your post which contains the chinise letter for baozhu. I checked it and that Bao (宝) means precious not protection (保)

Yes you're right. Bao here is not 保, but .  The name of Hui Chun clinic's mysterious neighbour is .

can either mean precious, or treasure.
refers to pillar

Combined, 柱 also refers to the string post of stringed ancient musical instruments.

Looks like the thread is repeating itself. ^^

AH :
Looks like the thread is repeating itself. ^^

It happens when you have over 600 pages.

But string post of a musical instrument and treasure or precious pillar seem to be the same concept.  The neck of a string instrument, upon which the strings rest, is the foundation of the string instrument.  It's the pillar that holds the music making treasure of strings.

Unless there's some other significance to this part of the instrument, like a horse head fiddle head.

chen358:

So then can someone explain that if Chenrong is conquered by Xi Yan then why is XL still persistent. Like why is he choosing to fight even though Chen Song doesn't have any land or citizens. Why does he say that it's best for a general to die on the battlefield? Why is he so loyal to Chen Rong

IMO, the short answer to your question is that XL wasn’t loyal to Chenrong. He was loyal to Hong Jiang (his life-saver, teacher, and adoptive father) and his fellow soldiers. He fought with them, bled with them, led them, cremated them, sang in mourning for them, and honoured them for 400+ years and he didn’t forget a single one of his fallen comrades. He would never betray, forsake, or abandon them.