blabla100:
"Jing dies a hundred or so years later because of his shortened life expectancy. Sometime after that, another beggar shows up in Xiao Yao's life. This time, it is XL after his reincarnation/resurrection and he has lost all his memories. Xiao Yao saves him and they are able to stay together."

As much as I would love to see them ending the drama like this, I highly doubt it. They insist too much on the whole life-long companion theme, for them to make Jing die after a few hundred years. I don't feel that's the direction they going to. I would love it, but not going to happen, IMO.

I think we are left with implication that XY got her choice, but it won't be the eternal happy ending.  Like Tong Hua said, their lives go on, and some will be shorter than others.

AH :

Lol, I do agree with it. 

But mostly I'm just relieved it wasn't a long thread full of screencaps of my old comments flaming all my worst takes. 

She didn't even know Xiang Liu played the flute and the zither with Sir Bi!!

We would like to get a list of all your worst takes, AH. I know what I'll place on top of that list ;-)

And I'll never let you live down the fact that you didn't know Xiang Liu played the flute and qin with Sir Bi! Yes! I'll be pulling out this knowledge and throwing it in your face whenever we cross swords on another topic :-)

AH :

If only!

Being salty about things in the drama not matching up perfectly to the novel isn't a good way to watch. I don't wish The Grumpiness on any other fans. But it is a little comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

Join me in Grump Town for our own Grump Party as we watch and grump our way through this travesty :-). To be honest, my care factor is so low at the moment that I can't even muster up the energy to be grumpy. Kinda over the whole thing, which is great because I can watch and snark to my heart's content. Watch me come back in a few days getting all pissy because they did something that annoys me :-)

Kokuto:

You are not alone! :)

I'm sorry if it impinges on your drama viewing, and understand.  But we all have our various reasons for The Grumpiness (I desperately want to plant a brick on Jing's crying face), but it's okay.  I get so much more heartbreak joy from the show, it's worth being grumpy every once in a while.

Can I add my desire to brick XY's head to you planting brick in Jing's face? I want to brick both of them in the head while reading the novel, the drama just makes it so much worse. There are times when I want to brick drama XL as well. Oops! :-)

AH :
I'm watching episode 6 now and just got to the line about TSJ not raising the rent for the Lirong family's gambling den in many years... meaning the gambling den (and death match arena) owned and operated by that clan for generations is in a building owned by the Tushan clan and they've been paying rent to the Tushan clan for that space during all of that time?

I think the link between the Tushan Clan or should I say, Jing in particular being Lirong Cheng's business partner was only implied in the novel. Whereas in the drama there was a specific line about it - it was in the episode where FFB took XY to watch Left Ear's fight. 

I don't know how much XL could do about it. He doesn't have power in that society and all of his time is taken up with feeding, housing and sustaining the army. XY on the other hand could have, but that's not her character set-up and story. Unfortunately.

My impression from the novel was that XL was close to the old Lirong man due to the Shen Nong Army's connection, but not close to Lirong Cheng. Haven't seen season 2 of the drama. \

AH :
I need to go read that fic about the demon slaves being freed and the death match arena being burned to the ground and imagine that XY and XL were the ones behind it.

Which fic is this? Is it in the fanfiction recommendation thread?

AH :

I feel like they might have added the second shell and had the merman facing the mermaid for a practical reason - they weren't able to get the merman to float totally suspended in the water the way he was in the novel version of the scene so they decided they needed something to attach his tail to. So they added the shell and attached the very end of the merman's tail to it to create the illusion that he is floating in the water. 

I love how everyone is interpreting and speculating about the setup of the crystal ball and you're like - "it's for practical reasons, peeps!" :-). My thought on the crystal ball is that it looks like something that I get out of those claw machines or from Temu. Why does it look so cheap? And I can't even make out the merman. It looks like a worm to me.

solarlunareclipse:
In the novel, YaoLiu is grass snake ash thread (草蛇灰线). In the drama, someone must have mowed the lawn after the snake crawled through it and the wind must have already scattered the ashes in all directions after the thread was dragged through it.

Kokuto:
You and AH are going to have to start a support group. :)

Who else is in this support group besides me and AH :-)?

Kokuto:
I do agree, they've made XL / FFB far more emotional than he was in Season 1, and even then, folks were complaining about it. I wonder if part of it is that they can't do the grass snake ash line here, so they have to be more obvious in showing the love that exists between XY and XL, hence the red wedding outfits.

Xl was already less emotionally opaque in season 1. It's understandable since this is a visual medium so they can't just have TJC looking like a block of wood. It's just the writing in season 2 just amped it up to the nth degree. TJC has to do as the script asked, although there were moments where I wish he would pull it back a bit.

blabla100:
Beside, XL always had her heart and trust, the one she failled was Jing.

I don't agree that XY failed Jing. I didn't like it when she said this in the novel. Jing's engagement problems were his issues to deal with. Frankly, he should have untangled himself from that mess first before courting XY. Instead, he binds her in that promise and essentially drags her into his family drama when he can't get himself out of the engagement. XY's saying that she was at fault for not helping him just reminded me of women who accept faults in relationships when it wasn't their fault at all. Girl, it wasn't your issue to deal with. The issue was there long before you entered the picture. And then, she ended up solving the problem for him by "seducing his brother". What a mess. XY has poor judgement when it comes to Jing.

blabla100:
What I dislike most about the drama îs how emotional they made XL look. IMO it would have been so much better to keep his real feelings more hidden for the watchers, as in the novel.

Will you be joining me and AH in our support group? :-)

Kokuto:
Jing was always worried about XY's relationship with XL, even when they were WXL. Whenever WXL returned with a love bite, he was desolate. Did he think XL was gay or that WXL was switching genders for XL or what? I don't know why he waited until the Dragon Bone Prison to make his play.

Because she was at her most vulnerable during that moment. Before that, there were not many obstacles between her and XL. Now though, the whole family on the opposite side thing is the perfect obstacle. And I', saying this on the basis that I believe Jing suspected XY's real identity even before it was disclosed. The other reason was that things were about to change - he came close to having WXL disappearing without a trace and he didn't know what she looked like (that was why he used the puppet - as a way to draw out her real appearance except it didn't work because of the special flower). So he has to lock her down ASAP.

H19279:

@Kokuto

Specially for you https://fb.watch/tfsuWxhrNu/

TJC sang Peach blossom blood in the promotional event today

P/S: ak ak, I want his huge diamond ear-ring. I heard that he is promoted as De Beers' representative. Thus that diamond earring can imply or represent something

We'll ambush him together. You grab the diamond earrings and I'll go for that diamond necklace!

Sorry. I'm just going through doing a response spree!

windiaaa041293:

Lost You Forever  is a group of patients with mental illness

When the story begins, each of them is sick.

When the story ended, they were still sick!

Was this from TH's official Weibo?

HeadInTheClouds:

When the story ended, they were still sick!

Was this from TH's official Weibo?

It looks like it. Nice to have some validation for your essays.  lol

"I don't agree that XY failed Jing."

Imo she did, because she didn't keep her promise to him either. Part because she didn't trust him, but also because deep down she kept waiting and hoping for XL to change his path.  I don't know the contex, but I believe I recall a passage from the novel where XY says something about how she's not giving herself any hope, but admiting that it's impossible not to. After Jing got married, she became even more obvious with her intentions towards XL. When her allusions (wanting to see the islands with him) and threats (she won't be able to make him poisons after she gets married) got her nowhere, she sent him the crystal ball, which IMO is a straightforward declaration of her intentions.

What did she do for Jing or for their relationship up untill the QS's town arc?  Beside making him play the zhitter again, I don't recall anything else. Her focus was on XL. She kept her wine bottles in a shelf full of poisons. She made jing draw a butterfly (XY) and a lotus (XL).  She tried to kiss Jing underwater, which even Jing knew that's because of XL. When she went to that party where there were both Jing and FBei, she goes straight to Bei and ends up spending the whole time with him, without giving Jing a glance. She kept waiting for jing to do all the work for them, while she kept offering XL poisons, time and protection.  She didn't even warn Jing about FFYY's true character, I mean come on. That's where her guild towards Jing lies, IMO. 

HeadInTheClouds:

We'll ambush him together. You grab the diamond earrings and I'll go for that diamond necklace!

Sorry. I'm just going through doing a response spree!

Heh ...  I'll definitely be grabbing.

blabla100:
"I don't agree that XY failed Jing."

Imo she did, because she didn't keep her promise to him either. Part because she didn't trust him, but also because deep down she kept waiting and hoping for XL to change his path.

What XY agreed with Jing in their deal inside the Dragon bone Prison is She would not let other man step into her heart in the next 15 years. She did not fail that deal because the bug (and XL) had already been staying in her heart.  

The latest schedule is out with 2 episodes on Mon-Wed, and 1 ep (Thu). Looks like the pearl scene is in...

Soooo... from the pictures,,

Eps 10-11 - grand opening of the new Hui Chun clinic (Hui Chun Clinic signboard)

Eps 12-13 - Xiyan - Haoling war (Xiyan and Haoling emblems)

Eps 14-15 - Xiao Yao meets her mother in the peach forest? (peach blossom petals)

Ep 16 - YaoJing makeout session, Cang Xuan marries A Nian, Xiang Liu's grief (lips, the word 喜, broken heart)

liddi:

The latest schedule is out with 2 episodes on Mon-Wed, and 1 ep (Thu). Looks like the pearl scene is in...

Soooo... from the pictures,,

Eps 10-11 - grand opening of the new Hui Chun clinic (Hui Chun Clinic signboard)

Eps 12-13 - Xiyan - Haoling war (Xiyan and Haoling emblems)

Eps 14-15 - Xiao Yao meets her mother in the peach forest? (peach blossom petals)

Ep 16 - YaoJing makeout session, Cang Xuan marries A Nian, Xiang Liu's grief (lips, the word 喜, broken heart)

Only one eps on Thursday next week and no new eps from Friday till Sunday? 

The broadcast result (in term of viewship) of LYF2 is much lower than anticipated. With this kind of schedule, it will make it worse

Someone posted this on s2 main page.  There's no XL for 4 episodes, it seems. I don't ubderstand the fish with the ice cube and the santa claus though, lol.  He gets as cold as santa claus when he sense yaojing's kiss or what's that supposed to mean? I thought XL has a scene too in the episode when  XY is going to the house of her parents , but he appears as having none between episode 12-15?

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1812001976282206503?t=I2sz-fBMWKezVF6hX9IqdQ&s=19