Kokuto:

Didn't it also start that way?  With CX running after a woman who had a mark on her forehead?

@Liddi,

In the leaked script was the removal of XY's face retention flower by Shao hao mentioned? If Yes, she should not have the peach blossom mark on the forehead at the end of the drama

H19279:

@Liddi,

In the leaked script was the removal of XY's face retention flower by Shao hao mentioned? If Yes, she should not have the peach blossom mark on the forehead at the end of the drama

I don't recall Shao Hao ever removing the Face Retaining Flower from Xiao Yao in the leaked script. Also, the peach blossom mark was still on her forehead in the dream sequence when she tried to kill Cang Xuan, but not visible when she shot Xiang Liu at Gourd Lake. Then again, even in Ep10 when she overhears about Chi Chen being her father, she was dressed as a man and there was no peach blossom mark on her forehead, which seems to indicate that the Face Retaining Flower's transformative powers might have been restored already. I know there is a leaked scene of Xiao Yao and Jing talking about leaving for Qingshui Town after the wedding, but can't remember whether she had the mark or not - do you recall?

liddi:
Then again, even in Ep10 when she overhears about Chi Chen being her father, she was dressed as a man and there was no peach blossom mark on her forehead, which seems to indicate that the Face Retaining Flower's transformative powers might have been restored already.

In the novel, even before the Grand Emperor removed the Face Forming Flower from XY - allowing her to start using it for transformations again, XY used makeup to cover her birthmark when she went out with FFB and acted like an ordinary deity with him. 

Perhaps she did the same to cover her birthmark when she dressed as a man in S2 Ep10?

-----

Chapter 19:

Every few days she would go find Fang Feng Bei to practice archery and afterwards head to the city of Zhi Yi and Zhe Province to play. Fang Feng Bei lived up to his reputation as a consummate ne’er-do-well playboy for the last four hundred years, he knew Zhi Yi and Zhe Province like the back of his hand. Whatever nook and cranny had something fun, he could find it, whatever was tasty, he would find it. The two of them were each other’s companions as they enjoyed life’s endless pleasures.

Zhi Yi and Zhe Province were equally as far from Five Gods Mountain and from Xuan Yuan Mountain, so whether it was the Grand Emperor of the Yellow Emperor, it was far enough to make their influence seem tenuous. Those who had seen Xiao Yao’s true face were very few so once she put on the attire of the Middle Plains and lightened her complexion a little and used concealer to cover her peach blossom birthmark, she became an ordinary girl who was quite pretty enough.

When she was with Fang Feng Bei, Xiao Yao often forgot her identity and she would feel like she was still Wen Xiao Liu except wearing girl clothes.

AH :
In the novel, even before the Grand Emperor removed the Face Forming Flower from XY - allowing her to start using it for transformations again, XY used makeup to cover her birthmark when she went out with FFB and acted like an ordinary deity with him.

Perhaps she did the same to cover her birthmark when she dressed as a man in S2 Ep10?

You're right - thank you for reminding me! We also see this all the way from S1 to S2 each time she went on outings with Fangfeng Bei - even as late as when she asked whom she should marry if not Feng Long. I know that in the dream sequence, the birthmark was still there. I honestly don't recall a scene where Shao Hao removes it based on the script, but it is hard to say. Seeing we seem to have 3+ episodes of possibly unaccounted for scenes, and there were rumours that Yang Zi fought for the scene with her mother to be included, perhaps we will see the Face Retaining Flower being removed then? No idea.

liddi:
Seeing we seem to have 3+ episodes of possibly unaccounted for scenes, and there were rumours that Yang Zi fought for the scene with her mother to be included, perhaps we will see the Face Retaining Flower being removed then? No idea.

THAT would be a great scene to add back in.  Especially since we got to see Chi Chen!

What I would really hope to see is the scene when  XY hears about XL's death. And chapter 43, but I highly doubt they added it. 

liddi, do you remember seeing the script for the added scene in S1 where XL watched Jing carry XY out of the water, onto the beach and behind the rock, while the Lovers Bugs acted up?  It was after she rejected him on the beach and he made her swim back. 

Or did we just talk about hoping to see the script for that scene?  We were talking on comments, and I could have sworn I'd seen the script that described exactly what was going on with the Lovers Bug at that time, but I can't find it now.

Ugh.  Need a search function on this site.

Kokuto:

liddi, do you remember seeing the script for the added scene in S1 where XL watched Jing carry XY out of the water, onto the beach and behind the rock, while the Lovers Bugs acted up?  It was after she rejected him on the beach and he made her swim back. 

Or did we just talk about hoping to see the script for that scene?  We were talking on comments, and I could have sworn I'd seen the script that described exactly what was going on with the Lovers Bug at that time, but I can't find it now.

Ugh.  Need a search function on this site.

Oh I would really want to read the script for that scene too. 

liddi:
Dec 21, 2023 04:08 pm
 windiaaa041293:
The text in the leaked Episode 19 script says  XL bitten by a bug. and only XL was bitten by the bug.
xy wasn't bitten, and in this episode the bug didn't bite XL, but instead shone a light on XL and xy's chest.
So it's not due to being bitten by a bug (in my opinion). And it has nothing to do with reactions involving jing

Unfortunately, I can't find the leaked script you shared in the Tong Hua super topic on Weibo. This is what I managed to translate based on the OCR text. 

S1Ep19 - Xiang Liu suppresses lovers bug

On the shore by the ocean, Tushan Jing carried Xiao Yao and left, limping as he did so.
Xiao Yao's words reverberated in Xiang Liu's mind.

XY (VO): However, I am still afraid that if I was not careful, you might enter my dreams. You... are definitely not suitable to enter a girl's dreams. That is possibly far more terrifying than death indeed.

Xiang Liu's eyes were sorrowful, and he smiled self-deprecatingly. A glow that appeared over his heart (the poisonous bug) was struggling, floating, trying to retaliate. Xiang Liu ruthlessly pressed his hand on his heart, suppressing it forcibly with his spiritual power. With the spillover of spiritual power, snowflakes danced around him.

LRM (VO): The love poisonous bug demands not only your life but your heart. You have nine lives, but only one heart!  Even if it was forcibly planted, it will lead to endless troubles. Not only are the hearts unable to be connected and share the same fates/lives, but the poisonous bugs may retaliate and harm their lives.

Despite suffering from heart-wrenching pain, he continued to smile. With Xiang Liu's spiritual power suppressing it, the glow (poisonous bug) was gradually brought under control.
After one last look at Tushan Jing and Xiao Yao, Xiang Liu turned, hand over his heart, and staggered in the midst of falling snowflakes towards the depth of the ocean. Against the vast ocean under the blue sky, the figure in white gradually disappeared into the distance in the snow.

The Lirong old man said that if the bug was forcibly planted, it would lead to endless troubles. However, the bug was very easily transferred to him, and the walnut disappeared immediately after that, which signified that it was successfully planted. In addition, before he destroyed the bugs, Xiang Liu also confirmed that the bugs were successfully planted, which means what the Lirong old man said was not applicable to them. What then does it imply?

The script states that the bug tried to retaliate against Xiang Liu, yet we see that Xiao Yao was unharmed and unaffected. Does it then indicate that the retaliation only happens to the person is heartbroken, and not the one causing the heartbreak? And only the person who is heartbroken will be at risk of losing his life, while the other would certainly survive? If this really were the case, why would Xiang Liu bother to go to all that trouble to kill the bugs in the end, since Xiao Yao would not be at risk? 

Or is it trying to indicate that when one party is heartbroken, the bugs will try to retaliate on both parties. However, Xiao Yao remained unaffected because Xiang Liu used his spiritual power to suppress the bugs and keep it under control, hence she is safe from retaliation. If that were the case, it then means their hearts and lives are still joined, which would explain why he went to such lengths to destroy the bugs before he died. 

What is the basis of the bugs' retaliation? Is it the betrayal of a lover, having fallen out of love or fallen in love with someone else? Or is it the heartbreak experienced due to betrayal (real or perceived), or rejection, even though the love between them never changed? I am of the opinion that both situations hold true. An unfaithful lover, and a lover who is heartbroken will suffer its retaliation.

What is the situation in this case? Was it because she rejected him and had chosen to stop loving him? Or was it because he was heartbroken by her rejection, even though her love for him remained, except she would not admit it?

If it was the former, she should have suffered the retaliation first, since her heart had changed. Yet she remained unaffected, even managing to swim the whole night to shore with no risk to her life. If it was the latter, it means that the bugs retaliated because he was devastated to see them together, not because her heart towards him had changed. This theory appear to be supported by later details in the script where their hearts glowed in unison with their heartbeats, first in S1Ep32 when he held her hand before her consciousness was merged back into her body; and later in S2, after he asked her the 4th question. In other words, the bugs continued to exist within them in harmony with each other, despite the initial attempt to retaliate.

Apologies in advance in case I am slow to respond after my ramblings - real life is calling with a vengeance now.

Found it. 

blabla100:

What I would really hope to see is the scene when  XY hears about XL's death. And chapter 43, but I highly doubt they added it. 

We aren't getting Chapter 43 no matter how many Jing dolls we sacrifice.

I thought they ... no, we actually didn't get the scene at the restaurant when she hears people talking about XL's death.  Just that abbreviated grieving scene.

AH :
Found it.

I bow down to your Searching Fu!

Excellent!  Thank you!  Glad to see I wasn't completely hallucinating.

Kokuto:
liddi, do you remember seeing the script for the added scene in S1 where XL watched Jing carry XY out of the water, onto the beach and behind the rock, while the Lovers Bugs acted up?  

AH :
Found it. 

Thank you very much @AH! 

Just as a point of reference - this scene is Ep19 in S1, but from S01E17 scene 21 of the leaked script. Which makes me concerned that perhaps we won't have 3.5 episodes of unknown footage after all, and it is just all based on how the drama is edited. I hope not, because there are various scenes that I would like to have seen adapted too. 

blabla100:
What I would really hope to see is the scene when  XY hears about XL's death. And chapter 43, but I highly doubt they added it. 

I really wish we would get those scenes too, though I am not hopeful that we will. Perhaps we will see an 11th hour miracle...

Kokuto:

I bow down to your Searching Fu!

Excellent!  Thank you!  Glad to see I wasn't completely hallucinating.

liddi:
Thank you very much @AH! 

You're welcome!

Hi how closely has S2 been with the leaked script? From my understanding it is pretty close to a T? I do appreciate the little bits of XL showing his unconditional love and sacrifice and CX scenes with XY and Grandpa which weren’t part of the novel. However, still miffed on the terrible dream sequence and the epic XL scenes that will be removed from the show. I listened to YZ’s live with Dai Lu Wa yesterday and tried to gauge from their discussion on what’s to come but couldn’t gather much, just that every character will have a conclusive ending given their fates, and that fans should not be sad because it was a good ending for everyone who got what they wanted.

Sssnoopyyy:

Hi how closely has S2 been with the leaked script? From my understanding it is pretty close to a T? I do appreciate the little bits of XL showing his unconditional love and sacrifice and CX scenes with XY and Grandpa which weren’t part of the novel. However, still miffed on the terrible dream sequence and the epic XL scenes that will be removed from the show. I listened to YZ’s live with Dai Lu Wa yesterday and tried to gauge from their discussion on what’s to come but couldn’t gather much, just that every character will have a conclusive ending given their fates, and that fans should not be sad because it was a good ending for everyone who got what they wanted.

Boy, if that isn't a Tong Hua take on the ending, I don't know what is. lol

There's alot more additional scenes than I thought there would be.  Not sure how close it is to the leaked script.  Still holding out for a miracle, but I'm guessing we'll see shortly.