windiaaa041293:

Have you ever heard this..
I think I saw in an article, Tonghua said it herself, that the end of sauvignon blanc, is not the actual end to its character.

At that time I thought, yes... that's possible, because TH herself is the author.
Maybe she had her own ending for that character's character but it wasn't written in the book.
But what if...
TH has it written in sauvignon blanc. But we don't realize it...

I don't know.  He probably could have shown up in that second book, with the Guifang clan.

Kokuto:
LMAO! Man, someone REALLY hates Jing. Tong Hua doesn't give him a wedding night, and whoever came up with this epilogue doesn't even give him a lay, but gives him a cuckoo!

There's your happy ending, Jingers. LOL! Just remember, it's not a tragedy. ;ppp

This lack of a wedding night is going to haunt Jing for the rest of his life :-). I did wonder if one of you ladies from the other thread wrote this bit of the "epilogue". Sounds like something a YaoLiu would write ;-)

Kokuto:
You know, some us joke about how useless Jing is, but Hong Jiang, takes that prize. What a goober.

Who's joking about Jing being useless?? Not me!

With regard to Hong Jiang, I'm not sure if that was actually how he died in the myth - so maybe whoever came up with these details just took it from there. Don't quote me on that, though.

MengXiang:
The whole book TTEOM is full of very problematic behaviors. Don't read it.

It's highly unlikely that I'll read it. The drama itself was a hot mess. There was some potential, but it went off the rail right-quick. The second half was unwatchable.

HeadInTheClouds:
With regard to Hong Jiang, I'm not sure if that was actually how he died in the myth - so maybe whoever came up with these details just took it from there. Don't quote me on that, though.

MengXiang:

In the legend, Gong Gong committed suicide by smashing his head against Buzhou mountain

Gonggong - Wikipedia 

H19279:

In the legend, Gong Gong committed suicide by smashing his head against Buzhou mountain

Gonggong - Wikipedia 

Thanks for that information. I thought I read about it somewhere, but wasn't certain.

HeadInTheClouds:

H19279:

Well, at least it wasn't an author's idea.  But I stand by my statement.  If the goober was going to suicide that way, he should have done it long before the final battle, when everyone died for him.

HeadInTheClouds:
This lack of a wedding night is going to haunt Jing for the rest of his life :-). I did wonder if one of you ladies from the other thread wrote this bit of the "epilogue". Sounds like something a YaoLiu would write ;-)

Sounds like an Anti to me.  I mean, OUCH.

The non-wedding night will definitely be remembered for the rest of my life. lol!

liddi:
The novel itself hints at strong ties between Xiang Liu's Fangfeng Bei and the Guifang clan, with him using a token from the Guifang clan leader to convince the Jin Tian clan to forge Xiao Yao's bow for him. The Guifang clan was a mysterious clan who could traverse the wilderness without leaving any trace. They were the ones who presented Cang Xuan with an extravagant wedding gift of nine soul-restoring herb plants (which some say, hinted at the Xiang Liu's nine heads).

I forget what sent me looking for info on Guifang  a while back, but I do remember when I discovered that XL was using their token in his dealing with the weaponsmith clan Jin Tian  -- ostensibly to provide weapons for the resistance army -- the political situation of the clans and the resistance army and Haolin all came together in my brain.

And I did wonder how XL ended up with that token and his connection to Guifang.... it would have been cool to maybe see that in the second book, which Tong Hua never wrote.

Good morning folks!

I’m sharing this here as well in case you haven’t seen it yet.

Elle December Preview

No comments.

windiaaa041293:

Have you ever heard this..
I think I saw in an article, Tonghua said it herself, that the end of sauvignon blanc, is not the actual end to its character.

At that time I thought, yes... that's possible, because TH herself is the author.
Maybe she had her own ending for that character's character but it wasn't written in the book.
But what if...
TH has it written in sauvignon blanc. But we don't realize it...

I also heard that she planned to write a sequel book after LYF. She wrote some already. But then she abandoned that

H19279:

I also heard that she planned to write a sequel book after LYF. She wrote some already. But then she abandoned that

Interesting to hear about the sequel. I liked the ending of the novel; I thought it was beautifully tragic and memorable. However, after reading the author's interviews, where she expressed that love is not everything and there are other things that make living worthwhile, I was confused about the novel's ending. To me, it sounded like the author meant the tale to be empowering. However, as many people mentioned in this thread, even if XY left ZX at the end, she did not truly overcome her fears and other issues. She still left with TSJ, with whom she had a codependent relationship. There was much foreshadowing of her relationship with TSJ, and I personally felt that the author was deliberate in portraying the relationship between XY and TSJ as not so healthy. From my perspective, the relationship between XY and TSJ felt more like a cautionary tale. So, I was wondering if the empowering type of ending she meant was actually for XL, for whom love was not everything, and who stayed true to his ideals.

For XY's ending, I felt that it is possible that she grows to love TSJ through their long, shared companionship, works through their issues, and then ultimately develops a healthy relationship like someone had mentioned. However, I also thought that it is possible that XY ultimately acknowledges her own issues, overcomes them, and leaves on her own to roam the wilderness alone. If that is the case, maybe there is a story for a sequel where she tries to resurrect XL. I read one such fanfic which I enjoyed.

HeadInTheClouds:
But, I've actually found a way to interpret this book that, surprisingly, has nothing to do with romance.

Can you please share your interpretation? 

~Favor Mortal Fireworks~

Woooah, I'm really surprised, why Yaojing claims this song as theirs.its Funny..

windiaaa041293:

~Favor Mortal Fireworks~

Woooah, I'm really surprised, why Yaojing claims this song as theirs.its Funny..

First, they're claiming that song XY sang as only theirs and now they're claiming Favor Mortal Fireworks as theirs too. That's funny alright :)

No one can deny it was Xiang Liu who heard her singing first.

And Favor Mortal Fireworks was playing during their ocean scene :)

Yang Zi and Tan Jianci sang it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmezspb1Ik

I'll stop before I explode lol. I'll see myself out. 

Elise:

First, they're claiming that song XY sang as only theirs and now they're claiming Favor Mortal Fireworks as theirs too. That's funny alright :)

No one can deny it was Xiang Liu who heard her singing first.

And Favor Mortal Fireworks was playing during their ocean scene :)

Yang Zi and Tan Jianci sang it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmezspb1Ik

I'll stop before I explode lol. I'll see myself out. 

Lol the insecurity is reaching new levels.

P.S. that departure…dang it. Dude is hot even when disappearing lmao

nathsketch:

Lol the insecurity is reaching new levels.

P.S. that departure…dang it. Dude is hot even when disappearing lmao

Oh, that reminds me. I haven't posted the new gifs I made yet. It's still in my Tumblr queue lol