HeadInTheClouds:
If it's about the novel, then there are some merits. I can see her originally including more about the Guifang Clan and Hong Jiang, but then cutting them from the final edit of the story. I did wonder about the relationship between the Guifeng Clan and Xiang Liu in the novel. This clan was highly secretive and didn't play with the other clans; it would have been some interesting stories from them.

Yes. Which is why I wish we could have had the 2nd novel to flesh out all these details, but unless she revisits this universe, we can only guess.

HeadInTheClouds:
The thing is why would Xiang Liu want to use his Demon Core to bring back the real Feng Fong Bei? To use his body as a vessel? If that's the case then why would the Guifeng Clan seal his memories?

I have no idea. Could it be as repayment to Fangfeng Bei, whose death allowed him to have a mother and experience the joys of life in the mortal realm? If that were the case, it would make sense to seal his own memories, because he aimed to restore Fangfeng Bei's physical life back to him through the power of his own demon core, without being dictated by his memories.

HeadInTheClouds:
As for the Ruler of the Underworld, is this the usual Ruler of The Underworld that popped up in CDrama or is it someone entirely different? It's a shame that we didn't get the entire world of this universe that Tong Hua planned. I don't think it's likely that she will revisit this universe again.

I presume it should be similar 冥王 though I won't know for sure. Certainly, the name is a common one used in dramas and novels.

windiaaa041293:

在《山海经》里,相柳也不是死于蓐收之手。传说九命相柳有九张真容八十一个化身、相柳鬼方氏的名牌、夭柳都和玉山有渊源、九颗九转还魂草……

Was this one of the comments too?

This is what the comment said. It is interesting how they also mention the nine soul-restoring herb plants which were given to Cang Xuan as a wedding gift:

"In the Mountain and Sea Chronicles, Xiang Liu did not die at the hands of Ru Shou. Legend has it that Nine-Lives Xiang Liu had 9 true faces and 81 incarnations. Xiang Liu holding the Guifang clan's token, Xiang Liu has a connection with Jade Mountain, the nine Soul-restoring herb plants..."

H19279:

In chapter 26, Guifang's support was surpised for people who attended CX's wedding. 

The biggest surprise was the arrival of the mysterious Gui Fang clan. It was a clan that no one dared to cross and they would mysteriously traverse the vast wilderness without leaving any signs. The clan appeared uninterested in anything the other clans cared about but this time one of its disciples brought a very extravagant wedding gift – Nine Stalks Soul Reversing Grass. When the present was presented, everyone present fell silent. Nine was the most illustrious number, so the Gui Fang clan appeared to be showing its respect to Zhuan Xu. The way everyone saw it, the Gui Fang clan also seemed to have chosen to support Zhuan Xu. (Chapter 26).

It seems that that clan has some tool or knew method for ressurection

It is very possible. Tong Hua herself mentioned how the Guifang clan was mean to be featured in the 2nd novel along with the Ruler of the Underworld. As such, that could be the basis of the theories that Xiang Liu could possibly resurrect with their help, or bring the real Fangfeng Bei back to life.

blabla100:

@HeadInTheClouds

"And bloody hell, imagine the author implying that her favourite male character had sex with an unconscious woman after her attempt suicide." 

I don't really want to debate this subject, because I know it is quite a sensitive one for a lot of people, but let's just say that even if that was what happened, I would assume that XL had no other choice than to do that în order to save her life. 

I've  read/watch enough Wuxia to recall this whole have sex with someone as a way to remove poison thing. It isn't really cool then or now. I hope we've moved forwards instead of backwards  with these sort of things.

@HeadInTheClouds

True. I don't know, I'd rathed not think that far, even though I belive till the end of the moon had a similar scene? 

MengXiang:
Even more confused with that logic. Wasn't the second time quick? That's putting aside the other problematic nature of it all. She would know and Jing too... Sounds like fanfic.

Thinking of the top of my head him giving her his demon core to turn her part demon is more plausible than that.

His doesn't want to possess. That's specifically started in novel and the contrasting point with Jing.

She didn't need his demon core to turn her part demon. She was already part demon thanks to the essential blood he fed her for 37 years.

And yes, all the implications about something like this happening during the healing, especially the 2nd healing, does not hold much water. It did not take long for Sir Bi and Lie Yang to come and attack the formation he set up after he crashed through theirs.

Dear all,

some time ago, there was a discussion about Jing's hair on the boat trip in chapter 14. 

I just found the poem which is used as the title for chapter 14.

If any of you is interested. You can get the poem in english in the following links

Li Qingzhao Poem: A Twig of Mume Blossoms – 李清照《一剪梅·红藕香残玉簟秋》 | Study in China (istudy-china.com) 

This lyric describes the poetess’ love for her husband who is far away from home. Enjoy!

The lyrics were written after the lyricist parted from her husband, Zhao Mingcheng. The lyricist first writes that after parting from her lover in the clear autumn, she was alone on an orchid boat to relieve her sorrow, looking at the moon from the west tower and hating the swallow for coming without a book. The entire lyric is unadorned, clear as a word, with the unique sunken emotions of women, not at all clichéd way of expression, showing a kind of ebullient beauty, fresh tone, mood and beauty, which can be described as a masterpiece of exquisite parting love. 

H19279:

Dear all,

some time ago, there was a discussion about Jing's hair on the boat trip in chapter 14. 

I just found the poem which is used as the title for chapter 14.

If any of you is interested. You can get the poem in english in the following link

Li Qingzhao Poem: A Twig of Mume Blossoms – 李清照《一剪梅·红藕香残玉簟秋》 | Study in China (istudy-china.com) 

This lyric describes the poetess’ love for her husband who is far away from home. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for posting these poems! 

In the legend, Xiangliu died at the hands of Dayu, Cang Xuan's grandson.

blabla100:

@HeadInTheClouds

True. I don't know, I'd rathed not think that far, even though I belive till the end of the moon had a similar scene? 

Yeah, it did. The female lead drugged the male lead and they had sex. He was still conscious and "participated", but he supposedly was in a physically weakened state and presumedly couldn't push her away. I did not like that scene either. Just a little tweaking and they could have consummated the relationship without resorting to drugging, the fact that the victim was the man does not make it any more acceptable. That's just lazy writing, IMO. And very OOC, as well.

I hope my comment didn't come across as snappy, blabla100. Goodness knows I'm not "morally pure" when it comes to my entertainment. I consumed plenty of questionable, bodice-rippers-style romance in my lifetime :-). 

liddi:
She didn't need his demon core to turn her part demon. She was already part demon thanks to the essential blood he fed her for 37 years.

She didn't need his blood or demon core to be part demon.  She has already half demon because of her biological dad.

Which you think XL would know from the beginning, having drank her blood. hmmmmm

However, his essential blood did give her the ability to breath water, or be 'more like him' which XL seemed to think meant 'monster.'

Have you ever heard this..
I think I saw in an article, Tonghua said it herself, that the end of sauvignon blanc, is not the actual end to its character.

At that time I thought, yes... that's possible, because TH herself is the author.
Maybe she had her own ending for that character's character but it wasn't written in the book.
But what if...
TH has it written in sauvignon blanc. But we don't realize it...

liddi:
Another commentator added that they heard Xiao Yao and her son lived on an island, and YaoJing never consummated their marriage in those two three hundred years.

LMAO!  Man, someone REALLY hates Jing.  Tong Hua doesn't give him a wedding night, and whoever came up with this epilogue doesn't even give him a lay, but gives him a cuckoo! 

There's your happy ending, Jingers.  LOL!  Just remember, it's not a tragedy. ;ppp

liddi:
It is also said that originally, the novel included Hong Jiang's fate, who was being pursued to the death on Cang Xuan's orders. In the end, cornered at Snow Mountain with no way out, Hong Jiang chose to die rather than surrender, killing himself by slamming himself against the mountain. With the obliteration of the Shen Nong army, the world was finally united.

You know, some us joke about how useless Jing is, but Hong Jiang, takes that prize.  What a goober.

@Headinthecloud

The whole book TTEOM is full of very problematic behaviors. Don't read it.

@liddi

I know she didn't need the demon core. Just making up things that works make more sense that the proposed logic.

The idea of Gui Fang clan is very interesting. Resurrecting XL seems to undermine the story of XL where he dies and she is eternally yearning. Nice as fanfic but odd as canon.

liddi:
TH: There are two reasons. The first I expect everyone to have guessed, which was because he turned Xiao Yao's body into one that was no longer a pure deity. As for the other, please continue to guess (please forgive the author's loneliness, who needs to always find something to amuse herself!)

Okay, here's my completely off the wall guess.

XL took something (her half demon core?) that would allow her to reincarnate.

He gave his demon core and her half demon core to the Guifang clan, so they could resurrect / reincarnate both of them, AFTER they had both died.  The would be reborn without their traumas and responsibilities, and free to love each other.  They wouldn't relive the tragedy of XY's parents or the  lovesickness of enemy lovers of their previous life.

It would also play into FFB asking XY not to forget him, when he wrote his name in her hand after she poisoned him.  That scene has always stuck out to me.