Elise:

I loved their early friendship. I remember Xiang Liu also had a swimming race with Xiao Yao. In the drama, he didn't and just rode on Furball which made him look colder ?

He did still race her in the drama :)! He agreed to the race, and XY acknowledges afterwards that he won. Unfortunately they didn't show him in the water though. They just showed Chubby's empty back. https://youtu.be/VigT5D01P4A?si=E4WdyWotwqxTyrcg&t=1175 

I do wish they could've shown them both swimming as it was described in the novel, but I get that it would've been difficult. 

---

Xiao Liu was like a beautiful butterfly falling into the silver water and disappearing into the depths. The waters rippled out from where he disappeared and when the biggest ripple disappeared was when Xiao Liu shot out from the water like a swimming dragon. His arms grabbed the neck of the condor and he asked “Can you swim? Want to race?” Xiang Liu scoffed.

Xiao Liu added “If you dare then don’t use your powers.” Xiang Liu raised his head to look at the moon. Xiao Liu continued “Scared? You can’t be? Nine Lives Demons Xiang Liu can’t be such a coward!” Xiang Liu finally looked directly at Xiao Liu “Seeing the way you are begging me, I’ll do it.”

“I begged you?”

“Didn’t you?”

Xiao Liu’s head was resting on the condor’s neck “Fine, consider it me begging you.”

Xiang Liu slowly took off his robe and jumped into the water. Xiao Liu swam towards the shore with all his might with Xiang Liu right beside him. The water in the lake was icy cold and Xiao Liu warmed up with each valiant push forward. He could forget everything and return to childhood when it was all so free, so relaxing, so happy. His only goal was to return to shore, so very simple.

After an hour Xiao Liu finally reached shore. Xiang Liu was sitting next to a roaring fire and his clothes were already dried. Xiao Liu climbed on land “You won, but….” he pulled out a fish from his sleeve “I caught a fish. Let’s cook it, I’m hungry.”

---

^ The origin of the fish from chapter 3 that you mentioned earlier Elise ^^

nathsketch:

Hey guys, do you remember having a fictional character that made you lose your mind like this? It can be from literature, film, tv show, etc.

I honestly can't remember anything quite like it. 

Zuko and Katara fanfiction comes to mind. 

AH :
He did still race her in the drama :)! He agreed to the race, and XY acknowledges afterwards that he won. Unfortunately they didn't show him in the water though. They just showed Chubby's empty back. https://youtu.be/VigT5D01P4A?si=E4WdyWotwqxTyrcg&t=1175

I do wish they could've shown them both swimming as it was described in the novel, but I get that it would've been difficult.

lol I had to put the video at 0.5 speed to see Chubby's empty back. Darn shame they didn't show XL swimming to us ?

AH :

Zuko and Katara fanfiction comes to mind. 

Good one, yes

nathsketch:

Hey guys, do you remember having a fictional character that made you lose your mind like this? It can be from literature, film, tv show, etc.

I honestly can't remember anything quite like it. 

Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs (My first favorite. Will is second lol) from the Infernal Devices series. This story actually has a few similarities to LYF.

Both stories involve a love triangle. Both involve a man with white hair. Both female protagonists are half demon. 

The difference is that the female protagonist in Infernal Devices technically ended up with both guys and it made sense how that came about.

AH :

I know it's sappy and dramatic, but it felt so accurate </3

I'm here for sappy and dramatic.  And did I mention angst?

@AH  VIP

I loved their early friendship. I remember Xiang Liu also had a swimming race with Xiao Yao. In the drama, he didn't and just rode on Furball which made him look colder ?

I love their banter.  It's the best!  Even better than beloved Ru Shuo's quips.

Elise:
lol I had to put the video at 0.5 speed to see Chubby's empty back.

Lol, my eyes glaze over when the plotting uncles are on screen but they turn laser-focused when XL is on screen ^^

Elise:
The difference is that the female protagonist in Infernal Devices technically ended up with both guys and it made sense how that came about.

Sounds like The Eternal Love 2 ^^

nathsketch:

Good one, yes

Kokuto:

I'm here for sappy and dramatic.  And did I mention angst?

You are my kind of people <3

Kokuto:
beloved Ru Shuo's

It still pains me deeply every time you call him this </3

AH :

Lol, my eyes glaze over when the plotting uncles are on screen but they turned laser focused when XL is on screen ^^

Sounds like The Eternal Love 2 ^^

You are my kind of people <3

I feel the same!  :)

My brain glazed over ... I was thinking, WHO are the plotting uncles?  And then I remembered, Oh.  Wait.  The Princes who get numbers, not names.  CX's uncles.  LOL!

AH :

It still pains me deeply every time you call him this </3

LOL!  Don't worry.  I'll be eating so much pain and conflict as I bang my head on the wall when THAT moment comes.  I will be metaphorically blinding myself for my traitorous attraction to the weapon of my heart's destruction.  It will ... bad.

Kokuto:

I feel the same!  :)

My brain glazed over ... I was thinking, WHO are the plotting uncles?  And then I remembered, Oh.  Wait.  The Princes who get numbers, not names.  CX's uncles.  LOL!

Lol, yes those uncles. Their presence is necessary for plot reasons but they're so boring. I haven't rewatched any of their scenes in the drama. 

AH :

Lol, yes those uncles. Their presence is necessary for plot reasons but they're so boring. I haven't rewatched any of their scenes in the drama. 

They had a few moments, but it's never a good sign when you using their numbers, instead of names.  Plus they dressed the same.

Kokuto:

LOL!  Don't worry.  I'll be eating so much pain and conflict as I bang my head on the wall when THAT moment comes.  I will be metaphorically blinding myself for my traitorous attraction to the weapon of my heart's destruction.  It will ... bad.

Kokuto darling, you'll be watching it for both of us, won't you? I need to know how it goes

Kokuto:
but it's never a good sign when you using their numbers, instead of names.

Referring to siblings and uncles by their birth order number is standard in east Asian culture. XY only refers to ZX's father as her Fourth Uncle. 

Kokuto:
 Plus they dressed the same.

Lol, I can't even picture their outfits at all ^^"