@nathsketch Yes. Their interactions are mesmerising even with the watered down version we are given.  And a lot of the credit goes to the impeccable performances by TJC and YZ. If only we had been given what was in the novel.

liddi:
With this precedence, I am not hopeful that we will get more intimate scenes between them in S2... Please prove me wrong!

Yep. I have very low expectations for any physical intimacy between them in S2. 

Navi2124:

@Nathsketch

Let me know what you think! The similarities in storyline are crazy uncanny!

The whole gods vs demon class dynamic plays out. Like XL, Jinyoung is the only contestant who is ”lower class” - from a farming background, didn’t go to university,  had some desperate times when he was sh*t poor, but is ridiculously clever and capable. The man survived TWO special military Hell Weeks. The first one for UDU (covert spy operations) and then UDT (Navy SEALS). He almost met his end near the border with North Korea, but escaped. And even though, he broke out with Singles Inferno 2 and became super popular, he refused to sign with a larger, more prestigious management agency,  staying with the small one run by his UDT buddies.

Yep. Love him already. 

liddi:

@nathsketch Yes. Their interactions are mesmerising even with the watered down version we are given.  And a lot of the credit goes to the impeccable performances by TJC and YZ. If only we had been given what was in the novel.

Totally. I just feel ashamed for not knowing who he was before. What a dum-dum, 40 lashes on me lol

AH :

Yep. I have very low expectations for any physical intimacy between them in S2. 

Censors be like: we can’t have the lass giving kisses to multiple lads other than the “endgame” (I hate this word now, never hated a word more than this one ?). But 1 million arrows? That’s fine. Nothing to see here kids. 

Navi2124:

@nathsketch

LOL Since I was writing about it, I’m now rewatching Singles Inferno 2.  

And guess what? In his intro video, Jin Young describes himself as shy and quiet on the outside (XL), but once ppl get to know him, he’s a lot of fun (FFB). His favorite thing to do is ride his condor motorcycle because he likes the feel of the wind rushing by…

What is this?!!! Maybe I’ve got XL goggles on? XP

I see him everywhere as well. My Nespresso machine I bought yesterday came with some extra samples, more specifically the new XL pods. 

WHATTHEHELLLEAVEMEALONE lol

@AH

Sigh. The only thing I can hope for is that whatever watered down version we do get does not detract from what we know is possible. I am still disappointed in how they portrayed Xiao Yao's reaction when Fangfeng Bei snuck into her room to heal - her harsh impatience when he questioned her refusal to let him feed from her neck, which is far more than how the novel described it. I miss too the detailed descriptions of how tender Fangfeng Bei was with her during their 10+ years together.. how he would walk behind her since the branches from the trees they passed would hit the ones behind, his patience as she shopped, her happiness with him during their times together.

@nathsketch

I knew him from his early days in Advisors Alliance as Sima Zhao and while he was able to seamlessly portray the change from a hotheaded yet warm boy to the diabolical, cruel man of later years, I could not see him as Xiang Liu when I learnt of his casting. He has definitely more than proven me wrong, and now I cannot imagine anyone else bring this tragic, much-loved character to life. 

Navi2124:

@Nathsketch

LOL Too true. 

Let me know your thoughts and what similarities you see when or if you get through EP 3 and 4! Hope you like it!

I’ll let you know! Thanks for the recommendation ?

liddi:

@nathsketch

I knew him from his early days in Advisors Alliance as Sima Zhao and while he was able to seamlessly portray the change from a hotheaded yet warm boy to the diabolical, cruel man of later years, I could not see him as Xiang Liu when I learnt of his casting. He has definitely more than proven me wrong, and now I cannot imagine anyone else bring this tragic, much-loved character to life. 

I’m now looking for everything he’s ever starred in. He’s too talented, I just can’t get enough. I’ll check out Advisors Alliance as well!

@Navi2124 Exactly. Instead all we are left with is her impatience. I hated that FFB is made to look like he is begging for crumbs, when we know that this is far from the case. At this rate, will they even give us XY's refusal to answer his question whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, as it is very clearly not the man she readily answered that she was willing to marry.