These posts are giving me panic attacks 😭

nathsketch:

These posts are giving me panic attacks 😭

:D Hey! Have a cup of tea!🍵  But they are debating so well! I love reading them! But, me too, I'm  upset too on how S2 is going to unroll itself.

Symbolika1:

:D Hey! Have a cup of tea!🍵  But they are debating so well! I love reading them! But, me too, I'm  upset too on how S2 is going to unroll itself.

Thanks dear! Really. I hate this. I'm too biased to be able to enjoy it for the overall plot, I hate everything, even if it's supposed to make sense LOL 😩

I don't know if this person is on dramalist but damn I really love the song and scenes they use (so if you're here, well done). I replayed these videos several times now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75gY_Uy0cM (Love and War)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsJcOhGkKsM (What I risk to be close to you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdz5KBaadIY (You don't know the hell I've been through)

I think when season 2 will come out, I'll lose my damn mind about this tragic character, tragic romance, tragic story. 

Damn it, I'm emotional tonight.

I kind of want another volume to be written about the universe just to know what happened to GongGong and the rest of them as well as more about their world. I also want to know more about what future problems arise etc. I'm still slightly confused if TH is planning on writing a 3rd book or not though because I saw somewhere that this is supposed to be a trilogy. So the prequel is book 1, this is book 2? Idk if that is accurate though. 

Sirry Usly:

I kind of want another volume to be written about the universe just to know what happened to GongGong and the rest of them as well as more about their world. I also want to know more about what future problems arise etc. I'm still slightly confused if TH is planning on writing a 3rd book or not though because I saw somewhere that this is supposed to be a trilogy. So the prequel is book 1, this is book 2? Idk if that is accurate though. 

That's accurate. Once Promised is the first novel and Lost You Forever is its sequel. LYF is broken into three volumes, plus an epilogue. LYF feels like an answer that resolves the hanging threads from OP. XY was very nearly trapped in a tragic fate like the fate of her parents in OP, but she manages to escape that fate and get the happy ending she wanted. I know lots of people aren't satisfied with the ending, but IMO it has a very thorough and satisfying resolution. And Tong Hua considers it her best work. I'd be very surprised if she wrote a third novel continuing the same story. 

She did give XL his own epilogue, and since there will apparently be four special episodes after the drama ends (based on posts I've seen in the main comment thread - I don't have an official source for this) perhaps we will see a version of his epilogue plus three similar episodes that also provide more insight into the other characters' endings?

mimi0108:

I don't know if this person is on dramalist but damn I really love the song and scenes they use (so if you're here, well done). I replayed these videos several times now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75gY_Uy0cM (Love and War)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsJcOhGkKsM (What I risk to be close to you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdz5KBaadIY (You don't know the hell I've been through)

I think when season 2 will come out, I'll lose my damn mind about this tragic character, tragic romance, tragic story. 

Damn it, I'm emotional tonight.

I hadn't seen these before. Thanks Mimi! ♥️

nathsketch:

I hadn't seen these before. Thanks Mimi! ♥️

You're welcome! x) Enjoy the hearbreak beauty.

@AH

She did give XL his own epilogue, and since there will apparently be four special episodes after the drama ends (based on posts I've seen in the main comment thread - I don't have an official source for this) perhaps we will see a version of his epilogue plus three similar episodes that also provide more insight into the other characters' endings? 

I really want to know where this rumor can from because I would really like it to be true. We need closure from all the characters and the world in which they live in. So special episode would be a good way to give that to the audience.

Even if I'm not ready for XL's letter.

mimi0108:

@AH

I really want to know where this rumor can from because I would really like it to be true. We need closure from all the characters and the world in which they live in. So special episode would be a good way to give that to the audience.

Even if I'm not ready for XL's letter. 

The best approach would be an alternative ending. People will not be happy about this, no matter how much we try to rationalize it. The epilogue is pure heartbreak. It's going to cause a big commotion.

nathsketch:

The best approach would be an alternative ending. People will not be happy about this, no matter how much we try to rationalize it. The epilogue is pure heartbreak. It's going to cause a big commotion. 

Based on posts I've seen about the leaked script for S2, it sounds like they have made some changes from the novel, but not the kind of changes you're talking about. 

I personally like the novel's ending. I really can't picture another ending that would work as well as the original for all of the characters involved. XL's ending is heartbreaking, but for me it's a certain type of heartbreak that is so poetic it's actually satisfying. 

AH :

Based on posts I've seen about the leaked script for S2, it sounds like they have made some changes from the novel, but not the kind of changes you're talking about. 

I personally like the novel's ending. I really can't picture another ending that would work as well as the original for all of the characters involved. XL's ending is heartbreaking, but for me it's a certain type of heartbreak that is so poetic it's actually satisfying. 

Yeah, I understand completely where you come from. I usually have no problem with sad, bittersweet endings. They're usually much more poignant than the cliché "and they lived happily ever after". But this is the one exception for me. Guess there's a first time for everything. So while it's no secret that I do not like this ending, no matter how much I try to wrap my mind around it, I just wanted to mention that out of all the almost 40K comments in the main section, yours are always some of my favorites to read. You always bring the receipts to support your argument and keep the discussion intelligent.

So even though I haven't read the novel, and don't plan to anytime soon, I'm able to have more or less of an informed opinion thanks to your contributions. Thank you ♥️

nathsketch:
Yeah, I understand completely where you come from. I usually have no problem with sad, bittersweet endings. They're usually much more poignant than the cliché "and they lived happily ever after". But this is the one exception for me. Guess there's a first time for everything.

Totally get that. I have my fair share of dramas with tragic endings that I absolutely hate (Rise of Phoenixes I'm looking at you!!!).  

nathsketch:
I just wanted to mention that out of all the almost 40K comments in the main section, yours are always some of my favorites to read. You always bring the receipts to support your argument and keep the discussion intelligent.

So even though I haven't read the novel, and don't plan to anytime soon, I'm able to have more or less of an informed opinion thanks to your contributions. Thank you ♥️

Oh goodness, thank you for saying that. I really appreciate it ^^ It goes both ways of course. I quite enjoy having these conversations!

AH :
I know lots of people aren't satisfied with the ending, but IMO it has a very thorough and satisfying resolution.

I'm okay with the ending but I wanted a third book simply to learn more about the lore of their world not really to continue XY's story because her story is already done. Atp I've fully accepted how things end so I'm not sad or anything I'm just curious because there is so much that we don't know. That's why I made the comment. I also really want to know what happened to GongGong etc. and if there are any other rebellions that arise after everything on that end is settled. 

I definitely started LYF being super obsessed with the romance aspect and while I still enjoy it every much, I think I'm slightly over that now, hence why I'm not conflicted or wanting xy to "get a true harem" as much anymore. 

But yeah, in short, I really don't care as much about ending changes, etc. I just really want to know more about their world.