nathsketch:

It's so bad, isn't it? The more we dissect this story, the more these details keep coming up and it's all just so heartwrenching. I've never seen anything so depressing in all my life. This makes me feel ill, for real. I'm not mature enough 

I really feel like if XY agreed to give XL a kiss in episode 19 and didn't say she was scared AND that darned fox didn't make her promise to wait for him for 15 years and not to look at any other man, the story would be completely different!

*sigh* so many what ifs.......

In that scene underwater where they almost kissed (uuugghow I wish he did!!!!! I think she would have truly realized she loved him if they did..)…anyway after he purposely mocked her and she found out she can breathe and talk underwater she said to him” you did this on purpose .I hate you etc)…what was that supposed to meant. Why she suddenly mad? 

Elise:

I really feel like if XY agreed to give XL a kiss in episode 19 and didn't say she was scared AND that darned fox didn't make her promise to wait for him for 15 years and not to look at any other man, the story would be completely different!

*sigh* so many what ifs.......

The what ifs are brutal :(

Dramadoggy2021:

In that scene underwater where they almost kissed (uuugghow I wish he did!!!!! I think she would have truly realized she loved him if they did..)…anyway after he purposely mocked her and she found out she can breathe and talk underwater she said to him” you did this on purpose .I hate you etc)…what was that supposed to meant. Why she suddenly mad? 

I remember there was a scene in My Life In Ruins (I love this movie, it always gets me in tears), where Georgia (Nia Vardalos) is ranting about her new sexy co-worker and it goes like this "Fine. Yeah, sometimes he's nice, but mostly he just makes me mad." Then Richard Dreyfuss' character: "You're not mad, you're horny. It's been so long you can't tell the difference". 

Same thing  😹😂

Actually I missed this..was XL once a chained slave also (like the guy who had to fight for 40 years?)…I didn’t get how hongjiang saved him and adopted him as son?

Dramadoggy2021:

That's what I'm thinking too. If XL let her kiss him, she would've pursued him and they would've started a relationship 😭. I think she was mad because she felt totally embarrassed XL moved away from the kiss and was laughing at her.

anyway, I found this fan edit on Weibo (from Pororo) where they did kiss lol:

Elise:

That's what I'm thinking too. If XL let her kiss him, she would've pursued him and they would've started a relationship ?. I think she was mad because she felt totally embarrassed XL moved away from the kiss and was laughing at her.

anyway, I found this fan edit on Weibo (from Pororo) where they did kiss lol:

Pororo's edit gets me feeling feelings lolololol

Dramadoggy2021:

In that scene underwater where they almost kissed (uuuggh I wish he did!!!!! I think she would have truly realized she loved him if they did..)…anyway after he purposely mocked her and she found out she. An breathe and flak underwater she said to him” you did this on purpose .I hate this etc)…what was that supposed to meant. Why she suddenly mad? 

She's already a little embarrassed and frustrated earlier in the scene (when she thinks XL is trying to force her to kiss him for air again). Then when he rejects her kiss she's even more embarrassed.  And finally when XL explains and she realizes she misunderstood him (and that he maybe made her misunderstand on purpose instead of just telling her that she could breathe under water) she's even more embarrassed and upset. And XL laughing at her just makes it so much worse.

---

After some time, Xiao Yao felt the water pressure gently squeezing her. She held her breath until it was almost gone and she pointed to the surface to go up. Xiang Liu grabbed her hand and wouldn’t let her go up.

Xiao Yao furiously stared at him, was he trying to force her…..to do that?

Xiang Liu smiled and pulled Xiao Yao down with him deeper. Xiao Yao’s face was turning blue and white and her brain was fighting with itself – kiss or no kiss?

Back then it was because of her promise to Jing, but now it was all in the past and Jing was married. There was no reason for her to suffer for it anymore and risk her own life…. Xiao Yao made her decision and pulled on Xiang Liu’s arm and used it to propel her closer to him.

Xiang Liu stood in the water and smiled at her. Xiao Yao was embarrassed and frustrated and lowered her eyes because she didn’t dare look at him. Right as she was about to kiss Xiang Liu, he suddenly turned his head and avoided her kiss and then started laughing loudly.

Xiao Yao was so embarrassed she decided to just go die! She shook off his hand and didn’t swim upward but instead dove deeper.

Xiang Liu chased behind her and chuckled as he said, “Don’t suffocate yourself to death! Try breathing. I didn’t let you swim up, not because I wanted to force you to…..kiss me.” Xiang Liu’s laughter rang out again. “It’s because you don’t need to do that anymore.”

Xiao Yao tried breathing and it was just like when she put the fish amethyst in her mouth. She could breathe underwater like fish. Xiao Yao realized that when Xiang Liu gave her his essential soul blood, she gained some of his powers. From now on, she could be like the daughter of the sea and swim in the water in complete freedom.

But at the moment Xiao Yao wasn’t happy about that, but instead was so embarrassed about what she just tried to do that she would rather slam her head in the water and kill herself.

Xiao Yao was so furious she screamed. “Xiang Liu, you….you did that on purpose! I hate you!” She finished yelling and realized she was just like Xiang Liu and could now talk underwater.

“I, I can talk!” Xiao Yao was stunned for a moment and then back to being furious. “Xiang Liu, I hate you! How dare you keep laughing? If you keep laughing, I’ll….I’ll…..” Xiao Yao couldn’t think of anything she could use to torment him. He played the world and wanted for nothing, the only thing he cared about was the Sheng Nong resistance army, but even if Xiao Yao had ten guts she didn’t dare to use the army to threaten Xiang Liu.

Xiang Liu was still laughing and Xiao Yao was still so mortified and humiliated that she turned and started swimming away, only thinking she never wanted to see Xiang Liu again.

Xiang Liu called out “Fine, I’ll stop laughing” but his voice was still full of mirth.

nathsketch:

Pororo's edit gets me feeling feelings lolololol

I'm remembering that video again and the sounds..... AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Elise:

I'm remembering that video again and the sounds..... AHAHAHAHAHAHA

It should have an NSFW warning, for real. I opened that link the other day on the subway without the headphones plugged in and I immediately thought of throwing my phone down the rails

Dramadoggy2021:
Actually I missed this..was XL once a chained slave also (like the guy who had to fight for 40 years?)…I didn’t get how hongjiang saved him and adopted him as son?

The explanation given in the novel is copied below.

---

Xiang Liu said “When I escaped from the slave death match arena, I was gravely injured all over. I almost died in a whirlpool but it was my adoptive father who saved me. Back then, the Flame Emperor was still alive and the Sheng Nong Kingdom hadn’t yet been toppled. My adoptive father, along with Qi Yo and Zhu Rong, were the three greatest generals of the Sheng Nong Kingdom. He saved a runaway slave like me and I injured him. He didn’t mind because he saw I was gravely injured and might not survive. He taught me a method for healing through training my powers. He even wanted to take me to the Flame Emperor for medical treatment. But I didn’t trust him so I ran away.

Xiao Yao wanted to hear more about Xiang Liu’s past with General Gong Gong but Xiang Liu didn’t continue and instead took Xiao Yao safely away from the whirlpool.

A long time later, one night Xiang Liu took her to the surface and Xiao Yao felt little bits of icy cold hit her face. Xiang Liu softly brushed away the snow on Xiao Yao’s face “It’s snowing. Where is the most beautiful snowfall you’ve ever seen?”

Xiao Yao thought and said inside: The North Pole where it’s millions of years of ice and cold gathered into the most dangerous yet most beautiful place!

Large snowflakes the size of goose feathers floated down and landed on Xiang Liu’s body.

Xiang Liu said “The snowfall in the North Pole is the most beautiful I’ve ever seen. To avoid my attackers, I escaped to the North Pole and hid there for over a hundred years. The snow there not only saved my life, it awakened an understanding in me and I transformed the healing technique my adoptive father taught me to learn a new powerful fighting style.”

Xiao Yao thought: No wonder each time seeing Xiang Liu fighting it was as beautiful as snowflakes dancing!

Xiang Liu smiled “People think it’s just a weird quirk that I wear white all the time. But it’s actually just a habit gleaned from survival. In the North Pole, white is the color that is best for concealment.”

Xiang Liu stopped talking and Xiao Yao was so anxious inside. She thought that he must’ve decided to leave the North Pole after meeting Fang Feng Bei there. But by then the Sheng Nong Kingdom had fallen and General Gong Gong was leading a paltry resistance army with all his family and friends abandoning him. Yet a certain Nine-headed demon actually willingly went to him, perhaps initially it was to repay a debt, but then Gong Gong truly bonded with him so adopted him as a son. One could repay a debt, but the bonds of love and affection are impossible to ever fully repay.

When she thought to here, Xiao Yao actually hated Gong Gong a little, but she felt her hatred really made no sense. So she just pouted and was angry at herself for being angry.

Thank you..I just wondered I guess he didn’t have much power than so someone caught him and forced him to be a slave death match prisoner…he just never saw his parents …he said when he was born he was already abandoned..I would think he “hatched and was demon form” and then became a weak human form before someone enslaved him 

so all three for them .xy xl and tsj were enslaved for years thst they share this in common …

Dramadoggy2021:
Thank you..

You're welcome ^^

Dramadoggy2021:
I just wondered I guess he didn’t have much power than so someone caught him and forced him to be a slave death match prisoner

Yes.

Dramadoggy2021:
he just never saw his parents …he said when he was born he was already abandoned..I would think he “hatched and was demon form”

Yes, he was born from an egg and never knew his parents.

Dramadoggy2021:
and then became a weak human form before someone enslaved him

Yes, he was likely enslaved shortly after attaining a human form. 

Dramadoggy2021:
so all three for them .xy xl and tsj were enslaved for years thst they share this in common …

Basically yes. TSJ was imprisoned and tortured for two years before TSH left him for dead. XY was imprisoned and tortured for thirty years before she killed the nine-tailed fox and escaped. We don't know exactly how long XY was enslaved and made to fight in the death match arena before he escaped.

@ah..

thank you..

your amazing ..know exactly where in book to quote…you must love this story ..

Dramadoggy2021:

@ah..

thank you..

your amazing ..know exactly where in book to quote…you must love this story ..

I keep telling her she needs to work on an annotated version. I’d throw all my money on her.