We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:

Where's the leaked season 1 scripts, then?

I don't know, but his review does coincide with the script we've read today în here. 

I didn’t see any leaked script in that poster ? So not sure how his post coincide with the leaked script…:he just had extremely bad sentiments

Just felt that poster was way too negative …don’t feel the need for foul language even if upset disappointment with how drama turned out ..

Kokuto:
If they know XL is the most popular character, then why would they sabotage him??? Why would Tong Hua sign up for that?

It's terrible to say this out loud, but she has been sabotaging him since 2013 :(

AH :

Not sure if there's a separate leaked script for all of S1, but liddi mentioned that the leaked S2 script begins after XY's assassination. So it covers several episodes that ended up being part of S1.  

Does it actually have the scripts for those post assassination episodes?  Which would mean there were 30 scripts leaked.  Or is it just the numbering of the scripts leaked were labeled as if season 2 started with season 1's episode 31 ?  I thought there was only 21 scripts leaked.

nathsketch:

It's terrible to say this out loud, but she has been sabotaging him since 2013 :(

AH :

Not sure if there's a separate leaked script for all of S1, but liddi mentioned that the leaked S2 script begins after XY's assassination. So it covers several episodes that ended up being part of S1.  

Actually, the leaked script starts at the last scene of Ep39, with the old Xiyan king waiting to see how Cang Xuan will become a good ruler.

For context:

- There are 485 pages of leaked script ranging from what was originally supposed to be S2 Ep9 to 28

- Our S1 Ep39 ends in what was originally S2 Ep 9 scene 23  (p20 of the script)

- Our S2 should start in original S2 Ep9 scene 24

- As such, based on the original script, S1 should have ended in Ep30, with Xiao Yao's death and the beginning of the 37 years under the ocean

In any case, I only started translating the script because there were questions about it. I never claimed it was authentic - if anything, I really hoped it wasn't (though I wasn't convinced) or at least not the final version.  However, judging from the resultant furor here and in other threads, it's probably not a good idea to spend any more time translating it and wasting everyone's time. 

Will wait for S2 and see if it confirms my worst nightmares about it, or pleasantly surprise and give me the closure I need. Hopefully it comes soon - I hear Tencent has already started preparing its viewers for it, so if we are lucky, we might see it this year or early next year.

liddi:
I never claimed it was authentic - if anything, I really hoped it wasn't (though I wasn't convinced) or at least not the final version.  However, judging from the resultant furor here and in other threads, it's probably not a good idea to spend any more time translating it and wasting everyone's time. 

Scripts get leaked all the time so tbh this isn't that far-fetched. TTEOTM script got leaked and it was basically the same, I read it. Thank you for taking the time to post it and translate it, I really appreciate it as I was looking but I don't have a weibo account so I could not find it on my own. <3

Dramadoggy2021:
I didn’t see any leaked script in that poster ? So not sure how his post coincide with the leaked script…:he just had extremely bad sentiments

We are talking about the script that was posted on Weibo. Also btw, scripts get leaked like this all the time. This isn't the first time this is happening. It happened with TTEOTM too and majority of what was in the script aired. Only a few scenes were cut out. 

liddi:
- As such, based on the original script, S1 should have ended in Ep30, with Xiao Yao's death and the beginning of the 37 years under the ocean

Ah okay, got it. 

liddi:
In any case, I only started translating the script because there were questions about it. I never claimed it was authentic - if anything, I really hoped it wasn't (though I wasn't convinced) or at least not the final version.  However, judging from the resultant furor here and in other threads, it's probably not a good idea to spend any more time translating it and wasting everyone's time.

I thought you were pretty clear that it wasn't confirmed and about why you thought it might be legitimate. Thank you for the time and effort you put into translating it for us, and for adding your insights. I feel more emotionally prepared for whatever S2 throws at us. 

liddi:
Will wait for S2 and see if it confirms my worst nightmares about it, or pleasantly surprise and give me the closure I need. Hopefully it comes soon - I hear Tencent has already started preparing its viewers for it, so if we are lucky, we might see it this year or early next year.

Fingers crossed! 

liddi:
I hear Tencent has already started preparing its viewers for it, so if we are lucky, we might see it this year or early next year.

Oh really? How? Besides the interviews that the cast have given, I didn't know they were doing additional things. That's nice of them. 

fancy:

Oh really? How? Besides the interviews that the cast have given, I didn't know they were doing additional things. That's nice of them. 

Are they giving out free therapy sessions? Maybe some vouchers? ??

fancy:

Scripts get leaked all the time so tbh this isn't that far-fetched. TTEOTM script got leaked and it was basically the same, I read it. Thank you for taking the time to post it and translate it, I really appreciate it as I was looking but I don't have a weibo account so I could not find it on my own. <3

I really hope that the script is fake or at least not finalised. I can still accept scene changes, but denying Xiang Liu's part in fulfilling 2 out of the 3 things Xiao Yao wants is travesty. 

fancy:

If I remember correctly, presumably Tencent has opened up its app for registration of interest for S2. No idea if it is true since I watch it on iQiYi and I don't see it happening there yet. Perhaps Tencent viewers can enlighten us.

nathsketch:

Are they giving out free therapy sessions? Maybe some vouchers? ??

I need a balm for the heartache from the drama. Time to join you in getting a mackerel Xiang Liu plush.

@AH

I wish I am as emotionally prepared as you for S2, especially when I was so thrilled at how well S1 was adapted. I don't know what it is about Tong Hua's adaptations - it's had a pretty poor track record as far as her historical works go, with only 2 (or is it 1.5?) out of 5 that I love. I really need to be able to have the additional 0.5 to round it up.

liddi:
@AH

I wish I am as emotionally prepared as you for S2, especially when I was so thrilled at how well S1 was adapted.

I've just gotten to a place where I know I'm pretty happy with the novel. And the drama will have some new things I'll also enjoy, like XL transforming into a woman to a have a mini boat date with XL and getting to hear that she thinks this demon friend of hers is "Fierce, but good. Really good." I'll cherry pick those moments to rewatch. And there will be changes and portrayals that I hate, but I'll try to forget those and not let them bother me too much. Same as S1.

liddi:
I don't know what it is about Tong Hua's adaptations - it's had a pretty poor track record as far as her historical works go, with only 2 (or is it 1.5?) out of 5 that I love. I really need to be able to have the additional 0.5 to round it up.

When a novel gets adapted into a movie or a show... I tend to only like one version. It's very, very rare for  me to really like both versions. 1.5/5 seems pretty normal to me, but I do hope S2 of LYF ends up getting you that additional .5 ^^

So given all the changes made from the novel, who was this show actually made for? Like, who is its target audience? It's not a show for the Chinese general public -- it's a web series xianxia. It doesn't seem to be for fans of the novel because if Chinese fandom is to be believed the majority of those people are not happy with the changes made in the leaked script. If Chinese fandom is also to be believed the people who read the novel who care enough to watch the show are by majority XL and/or XL/XY CP fans. I'm just confused as to who this show or at least season 2 was made to appeal to?