Kokuto:

There's was some speculation on that book illustration.  But I think it is mostly hopeful wishing on the part of XL fans.  Illustrators don't always read the books they illustrate ... or the art director knows XL sells better than FFB.  Though I LOVE FFB too.

I think they just drew Xiang Liu instead of Fang Feng Bei so people don't mistake him as Jing from the back 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also, that cover really matches that AU fanfic I just read lol.

Elise:

I think they just drew Xiang Liu instead of Fang Feng Bei so people don't mistake him as Jing from the back. 

Yes, that's the sort of art director thinking I'm imagining.

Kokuto:

Yes, that's the sort of art director thinking I'm imagining.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QSyeqX-zGLs

"When you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while" 💖

it's like his cold aura goes away after he smiles

Elise:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QSyeqX-zGLs

"When you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while" 💖

it's like his cold aura goes away after he smiles

I LOVE Fang Feng Bei and these clip vids of him!  And yes, part of it is his smiles.  All those different smiles.

But I do remember that underwater trip with XY, right after he got the Poison Love Bug, where XL was so happy and smiling.  Even XY noticed and captured it in her mirror.  sniff.

Kokuto:

I LOVE Fang Feng Bei!  And yes, part of it is his smiles.  All those different smiles.

But I do remember that underwater trip with XY, right after he got the Poison Love Bug, where XL was so happy and smiling.  Even XY noticed and captured it in her mirror.  sniff.

omg yesss. That's one of my favorite scenes. When he looks back and smiles at her *SWOONS* I have the gif saved somewhere ahaha

Elise:

omg yesss. That's one of my favorite scenes. When he looks back and smiles at her *SWOONS* I have the gif saved somewhere ahaha

Yes!  It was so ...  How did Tong Hua put it?  

"Love .... sweet enough to turn simple romance into ecstasy. However, when this poison, called love, enters the heart and lungs, it evolves into lovesickness."

It was sweet love, before it turned into lovesickness.  sigh

Elise:

I wonder why they made that cover with Xiao Yao holding the bow and Xiang Liu (not as Fang Feng Bei) being next to her. I don't recall that scene ever being in the novel and drama. 

They're wearing matching outfits so I'm thinking this is an AU where they got together.

If I was the illustrator on this, I'd be butchering the plot so much lololololol

nathsketch:

If I was the illustrator on this, I'd be butchering the plot so much lololololol

LOL!  Art director loses their mind on receiving your thumbnails.

Kokuto:

LOL!  Art director loses their mind on receiving your thumbnails.

Artistic liberty 😌

nathsketch:

Artistic liberty ?

LOL!  I think that's stretching the phrase like a rubber band.

nathsketch:

LOL

Off topic but my god, the main comments section is such a mess. The shipping wars and the passive aggressive comments on both sides just make me laugh 😂

Elise:

Off topic but my god, the main comments section is such a mess. The shipping wars and the passive aggressive comments on both sides just make me laugh 😂

Have some popcorn!

My intrusive thought of the day: it's too bad XL didn't eat the ice crystal ball. XY went through so much effort to obtain the best quality poisons to make it!

Of course I don't actually think he should've eaten it. But it feels a bit like when someone makes a beautifully decorated cake and it's too pretty to eat, but also you don't want the food to go to waste ^^"