Sirry Usly:

Honestly, this season is probably a good season for you to stop if he's the only character you really resonate with because he is definitely going to have the same ending as in the novel. I feel like TJC has been trying to prepare viewers for that tbh and same with the LYF team...

Deep down, I know this too. I’ve just been in denial/holding on to a tiny thread of hope.  

I really hope for a happy romantic drama with TJC after this. That may be my only solace/healing

Furball:

I really hope for an alternative ending for XL in S2 where he is alive in some form. To be clear, I don’t care if he is with XY, i just want him to be alive, live for himself, and be carefree.

This may be what everyone wishes, me included. I just wish for him to be happy. But again, it is what it is. If he could only be FFB, how nice it would be.

Furball:

Deep down, I know this too. I’ve just been in denial/holding on to a tiny thread of hope.  

I really hope for a happy romantic drama with TJC after this. That may be my only solace/healing

Same! I need one so badly. Hopefully, they come out soon. 

tbh, I get why fans are disappointed w/ the two recent episodes. That chapter was very beautifully written. It was intimate, romantic, and filled with many tender moments. XL let down his mask and showed so much vulnerability that he would never dare show to XY when (and if) she was awake. 

PROS - we get to see XY see XL heal her (yay). She knows all that he's done for her during those 37 years. Her annoying him like usual is fun to watch cause he's such a serious and quiet dude.  It makes me miss their bickering and her feistiness. I love how she just sits there and stares at him all day like how he does to her.

CONS - don't get me wrong, the moments were sweet and tender but wasn't satisfying. I guess what played out in the novel will always be a scene only I can dream of but I still appreciate the visuals and acting that went into it. 

Going back to XL showing vulnerability, that dude is such a tender lover. Fans call Jing a simp but XL is definitely one as well LOL he asks if she likes something and if she says "yes", he would definitely go to the end of the world to get it for her. 

Tough there wasn't much dialogs b/w the two, but his eyes says it all especially at the end when he picked up her tears and watched as she flew away. That part was not in the novel but I'm glad they added that in.

Sirry Usly:

Did you guys see how XL is self-sabotaging in ep 37? Ik he was going to dodge the kiss but...ugh! He keeps sinking his own ship both in the novel and in the show ???

I'm only up to 34, and I don't think I'll ever recover from all the LONGING or that epic self-evisceration.  He's in the zero - manhandling zone now, and boy does it hurt.

Furball:

What has given comfort and closure was knowing that XL was truly happy. His love was selfless and he never expected anything back. He did it entirely cause he wanted to, not because he wanted her to feel guilty or wanted her love in return. His love language is "i love what you love" and that was her family, her brother, Jing, etc. 

TCJ said that XL was happy. He was able to live his life the way he wanted, fall in love, and ultimately go the way he chooses to go. He has no regrets. I think people who live with no regrets are also the happiest type of people. This is closure for XL.

I hope the directors/writers will conclude his story beautifully giving us fan at least the closure we need. I also know that the biggest closure for fans is for XY to know about the depth of his love. 

@Yara_B I am glad they added that part in too. It was a very nice touch. 

Kokuto:

I'm only up to 34, and I don't think I'll ever recover from all the LONGING or that epic self-evisceration.  He's in the zero - manhandling zone now, and boy does it hurt.

Lol by ep 37 he's kinda back to that but not fully. Their date in ep 37 was really nice. I'll probably replay it a lot when the angst picks up in season 2. 

Someone on the comments section matched this song against Yao-Liu romance:

ARCADE-DUNCAN LAURANCE AND FLETCHER:
https://youtu.be/qRgkUOqaMpE

mparthur:

Someone on the comments section matched this song against Yao-Liu romance:

ARCADE-DUNCAN LAURANCE AND FLETCHER:
https://youtu.be/qRgkUOqaMpE

Is that person trying to make us cry? ?

Sirry Usly:

Lol by ep 37 he's kinda back to that but not fully. Their date in ep 37 was really nice. I'll probably replay it a lot when the angst picks up in season 2. 

I love that date too, as what XY said to him, “ …as if they have stolen this time to be together…” Not sure I translated it as accurately. Was this scene as it was in the novel?

I also will replay ep 31/32, they’re 37 years together, just feel so much to savour in that two ep. So the last scene when she left a tear drop was not in the novel, then it’s a nice touch, I am at least satisfied that she shows him some of her emotions for their time together without needing much words.

I just feel in a lot of ways, XY and XL are very similar in how they perceived some things, will sacrifice for their love ones and don’t really know how to love themselves, perhaps XL know XY so well hence he is doing all that for her to also fulfill what they cannot have for each other.

I remembered YZ said in her interview that their love is deep but they are unable to say it out to each other. 

I somehow feel like I want to stop here, not sure I can endure his final death in S2.

Megumi-H:
I love that date too, as what XY said to him, “ …as if they have stolen this time to be together…” Not sure I translated it as accurately. Was this scene as it was in the novel?

I haven't watched the episode, but in the novel that part goes like this:

Xiao Yao didn’t move and continued to stare at the ocean. If it was possible, she really wanted to live like this for the rest of her life. “Xiao Yao?” Xiang Liu stood before Xiao Yao. She raised her head to stare at him and smiled “Don’t you feel like today was a day we stole to spend together? That there is only now and no tomorrow!” Xiang Liu was taken aback and said nothing.

AH :

I haven't watched the episode, but in the novel that part goes like this:

Xiao Yao didn’t move and continued to stare at the ocean. If it was possible, she really wanted to live like this for the rest of her life. “Xiao Yao?” Xiang Liu stood before Xiao Yao. She raised her head to stare at him and smiled “Don’t you feel like today was a day we stole to spend together? That there is only now and no tomorrow!” Xiang Liu was taken aback and said nothing.

That’s sweet! The novel show us more of the inner dialogue of XY.  

IMO the drama try to show us how lovely it would be if they just spend time together like this, in the moment, enjoying each other company.

For those who don't have the time to watch 32 episodes a day to get their XL / XY ship,  here's an amazing 5+ minute video edit.

Megumi-H  

Yes, this was in the novel as AH showed. The date was so nice. She almost gave herself away with the mermaid song. And then she went to go see. Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed but she blushed a lot on their date. Honestly, I loved this date in particular so much. It was so nice.