Kokuto:
here's an amazing 5+ minute video edit

Oh, this is a good one!

AH :

Oh, this is a good one!

It is! I wish it included their recent date though. The date was soo cute. I wonder what XL and XY interactions will look like towards the beginning of season 2. Ik after the wedding it turns sour but still. 

Kokuto:

For those who don't have the time to watch 32 episodes a day to get their XL / XY ship,  here's an amazing 5+ minute video edit.

Wow! Is it done by fans? Soooo nice.

this is my suggestion, there should be S-3 with new additions to the existing novel by the same author. It starts after XY and Jing left to wonder the world and begins like this:

Our couple reached their own heaven and made their own heavenly house not far from the ocean.

They are enthusiastically working on the Book of Medicine and the Art of Archery. Their tween kids are rushing in. The girl with her foxy look and the boy with his silver hair are so cute, but hungry they did  shot couple of birds with their bows for their lunch. They came to XY slowly and said: look what we found, a white chubby bird can we keep it? …

I can go on and on with my imaginations. To me XL never left/abandoned her. He survived in her  after 37 years of hugging her every nigh, transferring his blood, heart and his best of his 9lives into her body. He became a precious part of her body and soul. Jing knows it. They cherished and appreciate what XL did for them.

Not sure if this has been asked or answered but that tear pearl  in ep 32, that was not in the novel. What significance do yall think that will serve later? 

Yara_B:

Not sure if this has been asked or answered but that tear pearl  in ep 32, that was not in the novel. What significance do yall think that will serve later? 

Not totally sure, but it would be nice if it was something that will stay with XL to the end rather than having it be used for another purpose. It can act as a physical token of XY's feelings that he can hold onto even in his final battle and the moments before his death. 

XL erased XY's memories of him on her mirror. However, although she won't know it, XY will have the crystal and laughing doll that XL prepared for her as a secret token of his feelings and wishes for her instead. And his blood will also always be part of her (allowing her to breather under water and to use the bow he commissioned for her). 

But after he kills the poisonous bugs and severs the connection between them, XL won't have anything left of XY. After decades of being connected, he won't be able to feel her any more. Because he pushed her to cut ties with him, he won't have any new poisons from her. But now with this plot adjustment, he could carry her tear pearl with him. For the viewers, it would show that he was still thinking of XY until the very end. 

I already wrote this in the comment section, but I'm just really disappointed in what I view as a downgrade and a disservice to XL and XY's relationship in the clamshell scene. 

I just hope the director didn't take out the below scene:

Xiao Yao didn’t move and continued to stare at the ocean. If it was possible, she really wanted to live like this for the rest of her life.

“Xiao Yao?” Xiang Liu stood before Xiao Yao. She raised her head to stare at him and smiled 

“Don’t you feel like today was a day we stole to spend together? That there is only now and no tomorrow!”

Xiao Yao ran away as fast as she could and in a second she ran from Qing Qiu to Qing Shui Town. Xiao Yao jumped in the river and swam towards the vast blue ocean. She could see endless horizons and the joy of swimming freely, but she was so so tired! Where could she go in this entire world? Fang Feng Bei appeared on the surface and he sat on an all white clam shell smiling at her with his black hair flying in the breeze. Xiao Yao swam towards him but in a second his hair turned all white and he became Xiang Liu coldly staring at her. White clam shell, all white Xiang Liu, it was like an ice mountain floating on the ocean surface.

The black hair him, the white hair him, closer and further away……Xiao Yao suddenly turned and swam towards land, as she swam her tears tumbled down like rain……

Xiao Yao startled awake from her dream and felt coldness next to her. She touched her face and discovered that she was drenched in tears.

------------------------------------------------------------

Xiang Liu didn’t want her to know that when she was unconscious the things he did with her, and she didn’t want him to know that she already knew. Their embraces and companionship, just let it be buried deep in the dark ocean depths!

The clam shell was enormous and even with the two of them inside it wasn’t a tight squeeze at all. She slept here for thirty-seven years with Xiang Liu, would that be equivalent of sleeping in the same bed and sharing the same pillow? Those two merpeople saw the clam shell as their home, how did Xiang Liu view this clam shell?

Xiao Yao suddenly felt all sorts of thoughts and feelings rush up and her face burned as her heart sped up.

Xiao Yao chastised herself and tried desperately to control her feelings and reactions, but she couldn’t control her heartbeat.

Just like that, Xiang Liu sensed it and looked over at her. Xiao Yao quickly said “I’m hungry! So hungry I’m all nerves!”

Xiao Yao’s face was so red it was like a burning sunset and she forced her eyes wide open to stare at Xiang Liu. His heartbeat quickened a few times and Xiao Yao sensed it. But then it was gone just like that and she wondered if it was her mistaken sensation.

Does anyone remember if the "it's enough to have a true soulmate" line was kept in the drama?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao Yao stared at the empty plate and her heart soared “The only person who can make poisons this tasty in the entire world is me!”

Bei laughed back “And the only person in the entire world who can appreciate your great “cooking” talents is me!”

Xiao Yao sassed back “It’s enough to have a true soulmate.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SlytherinGirl:

Does anyone remember if the "it's enough to have a true soulmate" line was kept in the drama?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao Yao stared at the empty plate and her heart soared “The only person who can make poisons this tasty in the entire world is me!”

Bei laughed back “And the only person in the entire world who can appreciate your great “cooking” talents is me!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Its in the drama. I haven't read the books and I remember the line well.

SlytherinGirl:

Yes it was. 

From what I've read in relation to other dramas where this translation point comes up, the word that sometimes gets translated as "soulmate" in English doesn't quite mean "soulmate" with all the same romantic and other connotations that word has in English. It is sometimes translated as "confidant" or "life-long confidant". But what it really means (with deep connotations) is "a person who understands me". 

26 minutes into episode 27, the subtitle translators for the drama translated that line as "Finding a confidant is enough." The mandarin word used in the novel and drama is probably the same, and only the translation is different (and it's a common translation variation for that word). 

Not having read the books, it took me a while to realize that XL is really the protagonist of the story. He's the most complex character, doing the most growth/inner transformation/whateever you want to call it and he demonstrates a selfless devotion like no other. They are all devoted to XY, in a way, but he's the one who actively tends to her in ways no one else does or can. While TJ simply loves her unconditionally - which is beautiful - and makes choices to be with her - XL is more like a soulmate, who gets XY and sacrifices for her. (TJ committing slow suicide is not sacrificing for her. Protecting her from the flames was, but that was minor compared to all the ways and all the decades that XL tended to XY.

The writers and the actor bring us one of the most compelling characters ever depicted. With the whole poison part of their story, it is literally a toxic relationship and they both know it. And he wants her to have something kinder and gentler, including the exclusion of a painful longing. One might hope that they would figure things out and have a beautiful relationship, but one couldn't really ship them as is; while still finding the missed ship exquisitely painful to bear witness to.

He is the "monster" who had more selfless compassion than anyone else could ever muster. I hate knowing where this is going for him and I won't be able to take my eyes off him, anyway.

He is that brokenness in all of us that has a profound yearning that we know will never be fulfilled.

oh dear Xiang Liu, what's wrong with TH for making such a cruel things only for you, by reading this comment it's enough to know how much ur pain, i think i won't watch for the sake of my health coz by reading novel spoilers and all things happen to him in entire S1, my heart can't take it (24/7 my heart ache for him, haha i'm afraid i'll go crazy) , maybe i'll just watch by clip and spoilers .

UnaSpenser:
The writers and the actor bring us one of the most compelling characters ever depicted. With the whole poison part of their story, it is literally a toxic relationship and they both know it. And he wants her to have something kinder and gentler, including the exclusion of a painful longing. One might hope that they would figure things out and have a beautiful relationship, but one couldn't really ship them as is; while still finding the missed ship exquisitely painful to bear witness to.

He is the "monster" who had more selfless compassion than anyone else could ever muster. I hate knowing where this is going for him and I won't be able to take my eyes off him, anyway.

He is that brokenness in all of us that has a profound yearning that we know will never be fulfilled.

Well put!

Furball:

You’re not alone. I’ve been feeling super angsty about XL. I may have to stop. He is the only one i really care about in this drama.  I am so fearful he will have the same ending as in the novel.

they already shot this, i think it's in the trailers too, him on snowy ground surrounded by arrows

T_T so beautiful

I think this is why the story just stays in the mind, Tong Hua really knows how to write her story. I've read so many fantasy books but nothing guts me like this one and Im that masochist still here watching everything slowly unfold til the bitter end.

UnaSpenser:

Yall was not kidding about ep 34. Wow. I was heartbroken for him but he did it to himself tbh so I shouldn't feel sad haha. I love that exchange between them in the alley. She was able to peel off his harden layers to where he was stunned, even unable to process and talk for a moment.

The ending of that scene was so symbolic. So that this point in the story, he has already made up his mind to NOT cross a line with XY. She stays on her side (the light) and him in the dark. 

After XY left with Jing, if yall noticed, as he was walking, the light slowly faded until he was walking alone in the dark. This is such good foreshadowing.