Hello, I’m new here. I'm slowly catching up so if I repeat something please forgive me. LOL. So excited to converse. ❤️

In my analysis of XY's character, I've come to a conclusion that perhaps she couldn't love FL because his reason to be with her is similar to her reason for being with TSJ. She once described to Jing the situationship between Chuanzi and Sang Tian Er, that even though Tian Er didn't love Chuanzi very much, her pretending would eventually become a reality as time goes by. And in XY's conversation with FL, he himself mentioned that in due time their bond from friendship may even be stronger than those who are in love if they give it a shot. I feel that XY also feels the same way about TSJ, and seeing her reflection was just too hard a pill to swallow.

plor20:

Hello, I’m new here. I'm slowly catching up so if I repeat something please forgive me. LOL. So excited to converse. ❤️

In my analysis of XY's character, I've come to a conclusion that perhaps she couldn't love FL because his reason to be with her is similar to her reason for being with TSJ. She once described to Jing the situationship between Chuanzi and Sang Tian Er, that even though Tian Er didn't love Chuanzi very much, her pretending would eventually become a reality as time goes by. And in XY's conversation with FL, he himself mentioned that in due time their bond from friendship may even be stronger than those who are in love if they give it a shot. I feel that XY also feels the same way about TSJ, and seeing her reflection was just too hard a pill to swallow.

AHHHHHHH you're heeeeere, finally!! ❤️❤️❤️

My gosh, there are literally thousands of pages for you to read, welp.

plor20:

Welcome to the thread :-). It's always lovely to get a new poster who is interested in discussing the story. We have discussed many things about this novel and you'll have fun reading through the 400+ pages. However, it never hurts to get a pair of fresh eyes, so ask away :-)

plor20:
In my analysis of XY's character, I've come to a conclusion that perhaps she couldn't love FL because his reason to be with her is similar to her reason for being with TSJ

Do you think she is aware of this parallel? And if she is what does it tell her about her feelings and relationship with Jing? We have talked about Tian'er and Chunzi's relationship being the model/parallel for Jing/XY in this thread as well :-).

plor20:
I feel that XY also feels the same way about TSJ, and seeing her reflection was just too hard a pill to swallow.

Can you elaborate on this point?

Kokuto:

I think liddi is the only one that has both versions.

All the names were changed.

I remember her saying that the questions / answers that XL ask XY after FFB steals her away from Feng Long wedding were a little different, the question about who she wanted to marry was changed , and had to be asked twice.  She wouldn't say Jing, but, if IIRC, agreed with XY when he asked if it was 17.

Thanks, Kokuto. I'm going through the thread to find liddi's translation of the differences between the two editions. Particularly the one when he killed the Lovers Bugs. The lack of a search function on this board is driving me nuts. I feel like we need to compile all of liddi's translation into a separate thread for future reference.

SHANG XIA combines the classic and the contemporary, and presents this custom velvet brooch of Che Fang Bo Wen Yang Xue in a unique and creative way. The inspiration incorporates elements such as white carving, seashells and phoenix flowers to reproduce the classic image memory and add a new sense of agility to the shape.

isn't that a fur ball? there are also xiaoyao's tear pearls

it was said that mother yaoliu had taken action

央妈认证,谁敢来抢[老师爱你] : Sertifikasi Yangma, siapa yang berani merebutnya [Guru Mencintaimu]

#Let's listen to the song# "May your eyebrows be clear/eyes warm/splendid heart river/flowers blossoming/prefer the fireworks in the world." The song shared today comes from the ending song "Prefer the Fireworks in the World" from the TV series "#长沙丝#", composed by @ Hu Xia@张子宁ZINING sings a soulful duet, with soothing magnetic voices and clear and sweet noises colliding and dancing together in the melodious notes, expressing their heartfelt feelings to each other, and intertwining into one. Just like the protagonists Xiaoyao @Yang Zi and Xiangliu @MICtanjianci JC-T, they never know each other, but they cherish each other, and they can't stop singing about lovesickness and eternity. [Film and TV Phonograph] The song "Prefer Human Fireworks" performed by Hu... CCTV Video's Weibo video

HeadInTheClouds:

Thanks, Kokuto. I'm going through the thread to find liddi's translation of the differences between the two editions. Particularly the one when he killed the Lovers Bugs. The lack of a search function on this board is driving me nuts. I feel like we need to compile all of liddi's translation into a separate thread for future reference. 

Yes.  I've been thinking about going through and pulling the 'leaked' script, so we would have it to compare Season 2 with.

Did you try a domain search via google?  I found a few posts searching for 2019

https://mydramalist.com/44985-lost-you-forever#comment-14596743

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2745129&page=76#p2745129

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2772447&page=128#p2772447

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2772525&page=128#p2772525

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2799351&page=192#p2799351

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2858825&page=338#p2858825

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2867209&page=358#p2867209

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2906787&page=427#p2906787

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2907003&page=427#p2907003

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2928969&page=446#p2928969

HeadInTheClouds:
The lack of a search function on this board is driving me nuts. I feel like we need to compile all of liddi's translation into a separate thread for future reference.

Kokuto:
Yes.  I've been thinking about going through and pulling the 'leaked' script, so we would have it to compare Season 2 with.

Did you try a domain search via google?  I found a few posts searching for 2019

I have thought the same. It is best if we can copy her text in the posts under that discussion topic. In that case, it is required her permission. It seems that @liddi is quite busy lately.

In the mean time we can create a discussion and collect all the links to topic such as leaked script and correction of translation. It will be faster if we collaborate together. For example each takes care of 20-30 pages. Add a short description about each links. 

plor20:
And in XY's conversation with FL, he himself mentioned that in due time their bond from friendship may even be stronger than those who are in love if they give it a shot. I feel that XY also feels the same way about TSJ, and seeing her reflection was just too hard a pill to swallow.

Relationship between XY and FL is based on friendship and alliance. In FL's view, XY's position and status is the determined factor that he was interested in her. FL was ambious and proactive person. He did not want to be restricted by the family/clan's protocol. Profession is more important than family for him. Of course, XY's beauty also drew his attention. He also appreaciated her manly charateristics. He went well with her as a friend. So, for him, if he had to choose a woman as wife, XY was ideal. He did not follow the Tian Er-Chuanzi's relationship model where Tian Er relied on Chuanzi and pretented her affection to Chuanzi. XY could aware her relationship to Jing reflected to Tian Er to Chuanzi. But she was very clear about her feeling and relationship with FL. 

The reason she did not have romantic feeling to FL is 

• FL prioritized career. He spent very little time with his family. Thus, XY would be still lonely when marrying him.
  • He did not understand her need, her characteristics
  • FL was similar to CX

The reason she did not have romantic feeling to FL is

FL prioritized career. He spent very little time with his family. Thus, XY would be still lonely when marrying him.
He did not understand her need, her characteristics...

I am not referring to his reasons for marrying XY, but his idea of love and marriage -- that a marriage forged in friendship and kinship could possibly be more stronger than one made of love. This of course implies that FL and XY will have to pretend to be loving...in which is exactly what Chuanzi and Tian'er relationship is to XY'S eyes. 

As for replying to Head in the Clouds...I have to go back and find the passages where these parellels are described by Tong Hua. I'll get back to you. ❤️

H19279:
As we know, Xiao Yao's thought or words usually entangled different stories and people which can cause ambiguity. This analysis aims to clarify what she really meaned in the following text after she was captured by CX and saw Jing being unconscious because of helping her run away in chapter 8.

Thanks for continuing to provide these snippets and analysing the potential hidden meanings behind XY's thoughts and actions. I do think that there are merits to them for several reasons:

On this re-read of the novel, I'm keeping in mind Tong Hua's writing techniques as well as what we've been told by the author; that our female lead has psychological deficiencies that guided her choices and that the central conflict for our female lead is "choosing between a suitable person and the person that you loved."

XY only have two love lines in the novel - with Jing and with Xiang Liu. Between Jing and Xiang Liu, Xiang Liu has to represent the person that she loves because he is in no way "suitable", which places Jing in the "suitable person" category.  These two love lines represent the central conflict for Xiao Yao and are closely intertwined. Xiao Yao shifts between these choices. Because Xiao Yao avoids and hides from her feelings for Xiang Liu, Jing and her relationship with him are often the outlets, the things that she uses in reaction to whatever changes are going on with Xiang Liu. However, this energy is never in the reverse because there is no danger with Jing (unless it's the danger of being disappointed by him), XY doesn't have to run away from her relationship with Jing as she does with Xiang Liu. Because of this dynamic, there are times when you can understand XY’s feelings for XL through her interactions with Jing.

Another thing that I have observed in the novel is that we rarely get told anything about Xiao Yao's thoughts and emotions about her relationship with Xiang Liu, but we get plenty about about Jing. I think it's part of the author's writing style since she wants to "hide" this relationship line, another reason is that it reflected Xiao Yao's avoidant/refusal to think about her feelings for Xiang Liu. We can only understand XY's thoughts and feelings about Xiang Liu by paying really careful attention to her behaviour, through her dialogues with other characters. It's even trickier because the information is often scattered throughout the text, such as the significance of XY's act of making poisons for Xiang Liu is explained by her conversation about the nature of gifts with Feng Long in Book 2.

Because of the factors mentioned above - Xiao Yao's avoidance of thinking about XL and Xiao Yao's relationship with Jing reflects her relationship with XL - I think that there are certain conversations in the novel where on the surface it appears as if Xiao Yao is referring to Jing, but hiding beneath it, it’s about her thoughts/feelings for Xiang Liu. While I'm more conservative in my interpretation, the snippet that you discussed in your Part 4 post is one of the instances where I feel there is a strong possibility for this dual meaning. The other instance is Xiao Yao's conversation with Jing following the marriage robbery. 

Reading this novel is harder worker than studying. I keep on questioning wether I'm readinh too much into things and going craze craze :-)

plor20:
This of course implies that FL and XY will have to pretend to be loving...in which is exactly what Chuanzi and Tian'er relationship is to XY'S eyes. 

No, both of them are very clear that their marriage was based on friendship, respecting to each other which according to FL might be stronger and tigher than pure romance. They didn't have to pretend to love each other.

“Did you discuss terms with Zhuan Xu about marrying me?”

“I did and he told me that if I wanted to marry you, I need to swear that you will be the only woman in my life. He asked me to think carefully about it.” Feng Long pointed to himself “You’ve known me for tens of years, you ought to have some idea of my personality. I’m not all that interested in fun with the ladies and even if I play around it’s when the occasion requires it. If I marry you, I don’t mind my friends thinking I’m a wuss who is scared of my wife and won’t dare dawdle with other ladies. If you marry me, I will only have you in my life. I can’t promise to be all that tender and considerate, but I will do my utmost to be good to you.”

Xiao Yao finished her bowl of wine and sat there in silence saying nothing.

Feng Long poured her another bowl “I know I can’t match up to Jing and you won’t truly love me. But I really am most suited for you. We’re equal in family background, as long as you are willing both families will be happy to give us their blessings. You’re the best in terms of looks and personality but I’m not all that bad either. At least standing beside it, we will only be envied and no one will think a glorious flower is stuck in a pile of manure.”

Xiao Yao took a sip and spit out her wine in laughter. Feng Long took the bowl from her and handed her a handkerchief.

Feng Long said “Truthfully, even having these two reasons is hard enough in this world. There is no guarantee we won’t face conflict ahead but at least we will always be on the same side. We will both forever support Zhuan Xu so we won’t have the chance for a huge problem to arise between us. I know women want romance to be pure but sometimes you can think that all these unpure reasons are the invisible threads that bind us together tightly. It might even be stronger and tighter than pure romance. At least you know that I will never leave you! Because to betray you is to betray Zhuan Xu!”

And below is XY's perspective about life with FL: to have a simple life, having kid and grow old together. 

There was still the scent lingering in her hands and Xiao Yao stared at her palm: With Feng Long she would never rise early to get hibiscus leaves; they would never just wash each other’s hair; she would never talk all night not wanting to waste the time on sleep because even if she wanted to talk Feng Long wouldn’t be interested in listening; if something happened they would talk openly and calmly, and if nothing happened then Feng Long would likely not be home a lot so when he was home he would be tired and wanted to rest; likely she would never lose her temper with Feng Long and the two of them would treat each other respectfully.

Actually it wasn’t that bad, if she had a problem she could discuss it with him; most of the time she would have a lot of freedom to plant a herb garden in the residence and open her own medical clinic since Feng Long hated rules so wouldn’t mind if his wife was a healer; when Feng Long came home they would have dinner and if he was out then she would eat alone.

If they had a child then she would be busy since she vowed to make her child her most important person after being abandoned by her mom. She would do everything for that little one so that whenever the little thing thought of mom it would be the sweetest memory of how good of a mom she was.

As the child grew up she and Feng Long would grow older.

Xiao Yao smiled, it really was like what her grandfather said, to pick a suitable person to grow old with wasn’t all that hard.

Kokuto:
Did you try a domain search via google? I found a few posts searching for 2019

Thank you, the fourth link gave me what I was searching for :-)

Kokuto:
Yes. I've been thinking about going through and pulling the 'leaked' script, so we would have it to compare Season 2 with.

H19279:

I have thought the same. It is best if we can copy her text in the posts under that discussion topic. In that case, it is required her permission. It seems that @liddi is quite busy lately.

In the mean time we can create a discussion and collect all the links to topic such as leaked script and correction of translation. It will be faster if we collaborate together. For example each takes care of 20-30 pages. Add a short description about each links. 

I think this is a great idea. We'll ask liddi for permission, of course. 

I'm happy to participate. Although maybe liddi has her translations saved in some form and we won't have to go through 400+ pages to collect them :-)

"It might even be stronger and tighter than pure romance." This sums up FL idea of love and marriage.

To me,  even though, they are aware of each other's feelings for eachother, it's the outward image of a loving couple that is the lie that XY doesn't want, which is reflective of her pessimistic outlook on Chuanzi and Tian'er relationship.