Is the writing in the red box yaoliu?

❤️

Mo Tie: Many readers said after reading the book that "long lovesickness is heartbreaking." In your opinion, is this a work with tragedy at its core?

Tonghua: I don’t think it’s a tragedy, because everyone gets what they deserve
I wish and realize what I want most. For example, the male protagonist Qianxuan hopes to be safe and protect himself and his family, and he does it. Xiang Liu was loyal and righteous and died on the battlefield. Tu Shanhuan hopes to be with Xiaotian, and Xiaotian hopes that someone will accompany her and never leave her... As for those things she can't get, life is not perfect, and it is not easy to get what she wants most. .

Grinding Iron: Lovesickness is often a taste that only one can taste and an emotion that only one understands best. So in your opinion, "In those moments that cannot be blurted out directly, which sentence actually means "I miss you"?

Tong Hua:

Let's have dinner together on the weekend. Today's movie is great, but it's a pity that you are on a business trip. The bayberry is on the market, I ordered some for express delivery to you. The temperature is cooling down here, what about your side?

@Windiaaa041293,

I read somewhere that that Tong Hua in an interview once said sometimes in life we eat a cake that is not your favourite/taste but because you need it. 

H19279:

@Windiaaa041293,

I read somewhere that that Tong Hua in an interview once said sometimes in life we eat a cake that is not your favourite/taste but because you need it. 

She did. It was part of an interview where she said that she likes sad ending because it's more realistic. Maybe not sad endings, but endings that are not happy.. she said that in reality, sometimes the cake that you like the most is not suitable/doesn't meet your needs, so you pick the one that's better suited. Even though you may not like it the most. That's the story of XY/LYF essentially - choosing between the person that you love and a suitable person. 

Dear all,

Finally, I think I found the website which share the original text of LYF in Chinese. This is the version 2019.

http://m.xsbiquge.la/chapters/36337 (2019 version). In the table of content the first 2 chapters are introduction. The main content started from chapter 3. The numbers of chapter in this is a bit different from the conventional book chapter order

Sauvignon Blanc Tonghua, Sauvignon Blanc Novel, Sauvignon Blanc Novel Full Text Free Online Reading - Luoxia Reading (luoxiadushu.com)  (2013 version)

If you want to compare and see the difference of the 2 version, copy the text (in chinese in a word file and try comparison function

H19279:

Dear all,

Finally, I think I found the website which share the original text of LYF in Chinese. This is the version 2019.

http://m.xsbiquge.la/chapters/36337 (2019 version)

Sauvignon Blanc Tonghua, Sauvignon Blanc Novel, Sauvignon Blanc Novel Full Text Free Online Reading - Luoxia Reading (luoxiadushu.com)  (2013 version)

Thank you for sharing 

blabla100:
Love reading you, guys. Very interesting points, altough I still belive that it was XL who always rejected her.

I don't think anyone here would argue that Xiang Liu didn't do his fair share of rejection and pushing Xiao Yao away. We're just exploring how Xiao Yao's fear and lack of steadfastness to their relationship may have influenced Xiang Liu's decisions. 

blabla100:
In this almost hopeless state of mind, the Mermaid's tentative hand was already the limit of what she could do. If she really asked Xiang Liu about his feelings clearly and put everything on the table, asking him to give her a clear answer or promise, then I would think that she doesn't love Xiang Liu that much.

This is another way of looking at Xiao Yao's act of sending him the crystal ball that I haven't considered. Thank you for bringing it to my attention :-). I think for me, my view of Xiao Yao's behaviour as "half-ass" rather than as something that was done out of consideration for Xiang Liu is due to my view of Xiao Yao as rather selfish/self-focused and driven by her fear of rejection. Her behaviour leading up to and following on from the bride snatching reinforced this impression. 

As I mentioned in my post to H19279 above. The way Xiao Yao dealt with her engagement to Feng Long reminded me of Jing and the 15-year promise. It's just smack of being scared of not having something to fall back on. When FFB shows up at the wedding, Xiao Yao's thoughts were about her reputation and how everyone would view her. Afterwards, she dashed straight to Jing after talking to Tian'Er.  At best, it's due to her fear of abandonment and rejection; at worst she's selfish and fickle. Although, these two things are of course not mutually exclusive.

I do think that the action of creating the crytal ball and sending it to him takes a lot of courage from someone who is always afraid of rejection and refused to take the first step, which goes to show just how deep her feelings for Xiang Liu goes. But her fear is always there, and Xiang Liu probably knows that. I do thing that if he'd shown up, she really would have thrown everything to the side :-(.

HeadInTheClouds:

I know that this was previously brought up by I would really appreciate a reminder. Besides leaving out the forewords introducing and essentially explaining the relationships in the novel, was are the differences in the actual text of the novel between the 2013 and 2019 editions? 

I know that in the part where XL killed the Lovers Bugs, there is a slight dialogue change from "blame yourself for being useless" to "you have never asked me". Were there any other changes?

The difference in chapter 32 between 2 versions (2013 vs. 2019) is in the conversation between XY and XY. However, I think maybe it's publishing mistake. The red text in 2019 version was missing in the 2013 version. The rest are identical. 

2013 version

2019 version

相柳突然问:“你愿意嫁给丰隆吗?”

小夭的表情出现了变化,她好像挣扎着要醒来,相柳的眼睛光芒更甚,声音越发柔和地问:“你愿意嫁给叶十七吗?”

小夭喃喃说:“愿意。”

一个问题就在嘴边,可相柳竟然犹豫不决,一瞬后,他问道:“你最想和谁相伴一生?”

小夭张口,像是要回答,可她的表情非常抗拒,意志在拒绝回答。

几次挣扎后,她越来越痛告,身子发颤,猛然抱住了头:“痛,痛……”相柳用妖术窥探小夭的内心,可小夭的意志异常坚韧,碰到她自己平时都拒绝思考的问题,她会异常抗拒,头痛就是她反抗的爆发。

相柳突然问:“你愿意嫁给丰隆吗?”
小夭已经喝醉,却依旧冷笑道:“我不愿意为什么要答应他?”

相柳说:“小夭,看我的眼睛。”

小夭看着相柳,相柳的一双眼睛犹如璀璨的黑宝石,散发着妖异的光芒,小夭看着看着,觉得自己坠了进去。

相柳问:“你愿意嫁给丰隆吗?”

小夭的表情呆滞,软绵绵地回答:“不愿意。”

相柳问:“你愿意嫁给璟吗?”

小夭的表情出现了变化,她好像挣扎着要醒来,相柳的眼睛光芒更甚,声音越发柔和地问:“你愿意嫁给叶十七吗?”

小夭喃喃说:“愿意。”

一个问题就在嘴边,可相柳竟然犹豫不决,一瞬后,他问道:“你最想和谁相伴一生?”

小夭张口,像是要回答,可她的表情非常抗拒,意志在拒绝回答。

几次挣扎后,她越来越痛苦,身子发颤,猛然抱住了头:“痛,痛……”相柳用妖术窥探小夭的内心,可小夭的意志异常坚韧,碰到她自己平时都拒绝思考的问题,她会异常抗拒,头痛就是她反抗的爆发。

Google translation of 2019 version

Xiang Liu suddenly asked: "Are you willing to marry Feng Long?"

Xiaoyao was already drunk, but still sneered: "Why should I agree to him if I don't want to?" 

Xiang Liu said: "Xiaoyao, look at my eyes." 

Xiaoyao looked at Xiangliu. Xiangliu's eyes were like bright black gems, emitting an enchanting light. Xiaoyao looked at them and felt like she was falling in. 

Xiang Liu asked: "Are you willing to marry Fenglong?" 

Xiaoyao's expression was dull and she replied softly: "I don't want to." 

Xiang Liu asked: "Are you willing to marry Jing?" 

Xiaoyao's expression changed, as if she was struggling to wake up. Xiang Liu's eyes shone even brighter, and his voice became softer and asked: "Are you willing to marry Ye Qi?" 

Xiaoyao murmured: "Yes." 

A question was on his lips, but Xiang Liu was hesitant. After a moment, he asked: "Who do you most want to spend your life with?" 

Xiaoyao opened her mouth as if she wanted to answer, but her expression was very resistant and her will refused to answer. After several struggles, she became more and more painful, her body trembled, and she suddenly held her head: "It hurts, it hurts..." Xiang Liu used magic to peek into Xiao Yao's innermost being, but Xiao Yao's will was extremely tenacious, and when he encountered her She would be extremely resistant to issues that she usually refused to think about, and her headaches were the outburst of her resistance.

HeadInTheClouds:

She did. It was part of an interview where she said that she likes sad ending because it's more realistic. Maybe not sad endings, but endings that are not happy.. she said that in reality, sometimes the cake that you like the most is not suitable/doesn't meet your needs, so you pick the one that's better suited. Even though you may not like it the most. That's the story of XY/LYF essentially - choosing between the person that you love and a suitable person. 

Except I don't think the person chosen was all that suitable.  Sadly, XY wasn't given much choice.

H19279:

Dear all,

http://m.xsbiquge.la/chapters/36337 (2019 version). In the table of content the first 2 chapters are introduction. The main content started from chapter 3. The numbers of chapter in this is a bit different from the conventional book chapter order

If you want to compare and see the difference of the 2 version, copy the text (in chinese in a word file and try comparison function

Awesome!  Thank you!

Kokuto:

Except I don't think the person chosen was all that suitable.  Sadly, XY wasn't given much choice.

Agreed.

HeadInTheClouds:
She and Feng Long were engaged for 6 years. 2 years into the engagement, she started making the crystal ball, which indicated that she didn't want this marriage. Right up 'til setting a wedding date, she could have called off the engagement. If she still hadn't given up on Xiang Liu and wanted one last chance, she should have called off the engagement before doing whatever she wanted. This would have been the respectful and right thing to do for all parties involved. The way that Xiao Yao acted in this situation is not that much different to the way that Jing asked for the 15-year promise while still engaged to FFYY. Both Jing and XY acted out of selfishness and fear. XY was worried that Xiang Liu might not respond to the crystal ball in the way that she'd hoped so kept her engagement to Feng Long as a "backup" plan, since her #1 "backup" of choice, Jing wasn't available.

When Xiang Liu didn't respond, Xiao Yao still could have gotten out of the marriage. Instead, she just passively resigned herself to it until Xiang Liu came to throw her a lifeline and "forced" her to break the engagement without having to take any responsibility for it.

I agree.

It is so weird that XY keeps 'learning' or following the examples that have hurt her the most.  The whole nonsense about thinking Jing trying to die with her, after CX's mother killed herself when her husband was killed.  Why is she doing the same thing as Jing, promising with the mouth to marry Feng Long, while making romantic overtures to XL.  It wasn't fair or honorable to either Feng Long or XL.

I agree again.  XY could have gotten out of the marriage to FL all by herself.  I'm beginning to think it was just another way to sabotage her relationship with XL, where she could cast him as the villain in their relationship, while giving her exactly what wanted.

HeadInTheClouds:
The way XY became passive and gave in to her "blood" and position once she came back to her princess identity was sad to see. As WXL, she had freedom and agency in ways that she didn't as XY; she was like an ornamental bird in a gilded cage. I think it's because she didn't want to risk being rejected and losing her family so she couldn't be true to herself; just fell in line to be accepted.

I'm still struggling with the differences between WXL and XY and what exactly Tong Hua was trying to say about gender.  It doesn't seem good. :( 

Part of the difference is that as WXL, romance wasn't part of his agenda.  As XY, other than CX's goal, romance became her agenda.  I don't think she cared about what her mother's side of the family thought of her.  But her issues did seem to be far more active once she returned to being a princess.

That said, I wouldn't say she was entirely passive when she became XY.  She took active steps to help CX, like when she took him to Xiyan and forced everyone to recognize him.  But that meant living for CX, and not herself.  Especially once the mess with Jing's marriage happened.

Thank you for replying to my query. Sorry it took a while for me to formulate a respond :-)

plor20:
She already had no hope for Jing, but her kindness takes the better of her. She laughs because she was overconfident she could guard her heart. At this point, she has no romantic feelings for Jing; yet despite it all, she took the leap of faith just like Tian'er.

I don't think she agreed to the 15-year simply out of kindness, but because XY desperately longs for companionship, for someone who won't leave her. She took a chance on seventeen in huge part because he had been following her around since day 1, promising to only listen to her and to stay by her. She's also his "saviour" so there's a dynamic of someone beholden to her, and thus less likely to abandon her. I agree that there were no romantic feelings for Jing at this point; it was very much a gamble like Tian'er. She essentially gave him a "trial" to see if he could live up to his promise.

plor20:
Right after her half-rejection/half-confession to XL -- and instead of receiving his refusal to the reality, XY receives his cruelty only, to swim back alone -- to which Jing is there to help her back on shore.

This is an interesting take. Are you saying that XY was hoping for XL to reject her "rejection" and to act the way that a typical male lead would act with the whole "you're mine" routine? Perhaps she was hoping that he would act like Jing, confessing his undying devotion and begging to be by her side. I guess XY didn't know XL very well if she thought this :-). So him "ditching" her to swim back to shore was a bucket of cold water right in her face. In XY's warped little mind, it was XL who rejected her. 

plor20:
This will be the first of many events where every time XY is disappointed by XL, she takes initiative to be closer to Jing. She acts upon her statement, "I would reach out and hold onto him tightly, collecting all the happiness tightly."

Yes. A few of us have talked about this pattern. I see it as every time XL rejected XY's overture it triggered her insecurity, and fear of rejection and abandonment which had her hightailing it back to Jing for some adoration and worship - to reassure her that she's desirable, lovable and wanted. How do you see XY's act of refusing to "kiss" XL, but literally forcing a kiss on Jing in this scene?

plor20:
A significant scene would be after the marriage snatching, where XL lets her feel his heart hurting under the disguise of killing her,

This particular time was a triple whammy of his refusal to respond to her crystal ball confession, killing FFB and threatening her. Was it any wonder that she ran back to Jing asap. 

plor20:
In my reflection, XY's feelings for Jing are always on the surface, much like Tian'er's affection for Chuanzi. Jing is like Chuanzi, the one to make the moves and always ready to reciprocate XY's affections. XY is like Tian'er; she doesn't believe Jing truly loves her, wait a lifetime for her, or make the first move towards her. So, she makes the moves, hoping the "false will become true..."

There are some contradictions here. Jing is like Chunzi, the one who's in love and eager and willing to show his love. XY is like Tian'er she sits back and evaluates; for every bit of affection that Jing shows her, she will give him back in kind, but she doesn't take the first step. That's too much risk of rejection for XY. 

plor20:
As for FL, I feel that while she is aware of FL's reasons for marrying her, his idea of love and marriage is not one she can stomach. She doesn't want to be the one fooled into feeling loved (Chuanzi); she rather be the one fooling (Tian'er). It comes down to her sense of control.

I don't really see the Tian'er situation in the case with Feng Long. To me, XY didn't want to marry Feng Long primarily because, unlike Jing who could not live without her and thus wouldn't abandon her (at least that was his promise and what XY desperately needed), Feng Long didn't pretend that level of devotion and made no such promises. XY knew that she could not expect to be first in Feng Long's life and for someone as insecure as XY, that was not acceptable. However, I do agree about the sense of control. XY have more control and power over Jing, whereas she has no chance of that with Feng Long. Again, it comes down to her insecurity. 

plor20:
She can't love XL becuase of her long list reasons we all know, she doesn't have the luxury to pretend to love XL is a rhetorical statement that reinforces XY's decisions that she can't love XL.

I'm struggling to understand this particular statement. Could you please clarify?

H19279:
The difference in chapter 32 between 2 versions (2013 vs. 2019) is in the conversation between XY and XY. However, I think maybe it's publishing mistake. The red text in 2019 version was missing in the 2013 version. The rest are identical.

Thank you for sharing the details. I don't think it's a publishing mistake, but rather a revision by Tong Hua to make clearer her original thoughts and intentions.

I found this comment, I don't pay attention to the details of the TV series...is that right?

{ It was staged on TV. Xiang Liu lost his spiritual power before feeding Xiaoyao blood. if you don’t watch the TV series carefully, you will really miss a lot. When Xiaoyao was sleeping at the bottom of the sea, the sad spiritual power she felt at the beginning was injected into her body. Today, she discovered that it was really Xiang Liu’s. I was reading the novel at that time. Still wondering if it’s Jing or Xiang Liu. }

A very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who celebrate! Real life still keeping me busy, but just quickly dropping by as I count down (impatiently) to S2, which rumours have it to either be airing in Feb or May (Feb please!)

AH :
Tell your daughter she gets 937 bonus points. ^^

Yay! My daughter thanks you for your generosity!

AH :
Liddi with all your translations you've earned so many bonus points already... you're probably a bonus point billionaire. If anyone has earned the right to save XL in S2, it's definitely you. 

Oooh... so nice to find myself a billionaire, even if it's bonus points!. In which case, definitely using all those points I've accumulated to save Xiang Liu in every way that counts in S2! 

Will be back later (hopefully sooner than later) but just to say hi in the new year. Take care and catch up again some time!