nathsketch:

Yes, it's like it's supposed to make us feel infuriated. Dude was gone, so...just stay gone foreveeeer lol 

omg he's even more infuriating to me in the novel!! In the last half of the novel, Xiao Yao goes to a place where the voodoo king lives in order to find out about the voodoo bug she and Xiang Liu has. Jing tags along and when Xiao Yao asks him to leave so she could talk to the voodoo king alone he refuses! Because he refused to leave, the voodoo king couldn't tell Xiao Yao fully about the voodoo bug since he saw that Jing is Xiao Yao's lover. 

If Jing wasn't there, the voodoo king would have informed Xiao Yao the bug only works if the person is in love with the other person. Meaning the bug worked because Xiang Liu is in love with Xiao Yao. She would've known how Xiang Liu felt if Jing let them talk privately!!  :(

Also, when they were on the ship to go home, Xiao Yao got on the deck while everyone else was sleeping. She saw Xiang Liu in the ocean and they talked. She was about to jump in to go with him but Jing pulled her back. Jing ruined the chance Xiao Yao could have spent with Xiang Liu in the ocean....

I'm hoping they'll change some stuff in the drama to satisfy XL fans. Xiang Liu has way more screen time in the drama and they even added that boat scene with female Xiang Liu that wasn't in the book.

Yikes, and here I was thinking the novel was less insufferable. The love-hate relationship I have with this story is one for the books (pun not intended haha)

Question (a bit off topic but okay). Can we also open a Weibo account? Is the app/website experience different for us who are not located in China?

Elise:
If Jing wasn't there, the voodoo king would have informed Xiao Yao the bug only works if the person is in love with the other person. Meaning the bug worked because Xiang Liu is in love with Xiao Yao. She would've known how Xiang Liu felt if Jing let them talk privately!!  :(

I mean, he pretty much did tell her, and she went into hardcore denial. "Either the bugs are unique or our bodies are unique but it definitely couldn't be that we love each other." 

Elise:
Also, when they were on the ship to go home, Xiao Yao got on the deck while everyone else was sleeping. She saw Xiang Liu in the ocean and they talked. She was about to jump in to go with him but Jing pulled her back. Jing ruined the chance Xiao Yao could have spent with Xiang Liu in the ocean....

This part... yeah. Lurking in the shadows and getting grabby isn't my favourite look on him. 

Elise:

From what I've heard about the leaked script, they're going to be cutting some parts that I care about. And based on how they've shown the bites and other instances where they have a certain amount of intimacy in the novel and it becomes less intimate in the drama, I'm very much expecting that chapter 43 is going to get watered down or significantly changed. They might add stuff in addition to cutting stuff, but I'm prepared for... not that. 

AH, yeah the last part you mentioned. I'm expecting they're going to make that scene on the beach less intimate too... :(

can you say more about the leaked script? is it online somewhere in english??

Elise:
can you say more about the leaked script? is it online somewhere in english??

I haven't seen it. I've only seen comments on here talking about it. If there's a translation, I haven't seen anything on here about it.

I'm weary of these leaked scripts because most of the time they turn out to be completely bogus. Though I wouldn't mind if Jing spent the majority of the season asleep lol

Going to put this here. It’s an official clip compiled by WeTv on XL and XY for the first 20ep. I still miss their interaction in Qing Shui town:

https://youtu.be/RqNDAWlROBQ?si=Ww7v_dUCEN30fx_k

Megumi-H:

Going to put this here. It’s an official clip compiled by WeTv on XL and XY for the first 20ep. I still miss their interaction in Qing Shui town:

https://youtu.be/RqNDAWlROBQ?si=Ww7v_dUCEN30fx_k

♥️?

nathsketch:

I'm weary of these leaked scripts because most of the time they turn out to be completely bogus. Though I wouldn't mind if Jing spent the majority of the season asleep lol

I'm betting this is from the leaked script.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, I can't read it. ?

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1695233817857200576?s=20

Allegedly the casting description for XL.

"“He had no expectations for the future until he encountered her, who had a childhood experience similar to his own. He gradually developed feelings for her, longing for a future together, only to wake up from the dream when he discovered her true identity" 

Validation!  XL was brave enough to reach for love!  He wanted XY in his dreams.

And of course, I'm not very happy with XY, right now.

From twitter:

Casting Sheet XL

Kokuto:

Allegedly the casting description for XL.

"“He had no expectations for the future until he encountered her, who had a childhood experience similar to his own. He gradually developed feelings for her, longing for a future together, only to wake up from the dream when he discovered her true identity" 

Validation!  XL was brave enough to reach for love!  He wanted XY in his dreams.

And of course, I'm not very happy with XY, right now.

From twitter:

Casting Sheet XL

dang. so when he agreed to put the voodoo bug in him he longed for a future with her. When he found out her true identity he felt absolutely betrayed and his dream crushed! He gave his heart to the daughter of his enemy. Xiang Liu is such a tragic character and this makes me sad all over again.

I wonder what would've happened if Xuan never forced her to go back to her dad. Would Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu develop a romantic relationship?

I'm not happy with Xiao Yao either. She's one of the few Xianxia heroines I like but she can be a bit dense sometimes. Always denying how Xiang Liu feels about her.... -_-

Kokuto:

I'm betting this is from the leaked script.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, I can't read it. ?

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1695233817857200576?s=20

Oh I'll have to send this to my Mandarin teacher. I just don't know if I want to know what's written there lol

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like Xiao Yao's character all that much. I swear, I'm getting kind of tired of the "strong female" trope, especially when the writing makes them look not too clever. She put on a dress and her wits went away.

I feel like I ship XY with everyone, or perhaps to better word it, I love each of the male lead’s love for her. They all express it in their own way, and I cannot help but feel for each one of them. Just finished chapter 48 and if that wasn’t tragic for XL :(

It must’ve been heartbreaking having to sever the bug connection and erase the memories, but ofc, it was crucial as XL had to finish his own journey which was destined to not have XY in it. He says he doesn’t want to see her again but I know this is because seeing her again means that she is either in critical condition or they’re facing each other as enemies. It’s interesting that Sir Bi’s song does not affect him since he has no desires in the world - you would think it would be XY but his love is selfless and he has long accepted that he cannot be with her, so the song doesn’t affect him.

If later people ask about the bug in Xiao Yao, just make up a believable lie!” Xiang Liu smiled like it didn’t bother him one whit “Xiao Yao once said that she never ever wanted to see me again in this life and this lifetime. After tonight, she and I truly have no further ties. I also never want to see her again!”

Does anyone know the song Sir Bi was referring to? Is this related to Qi Yo?

Sir Bi started to sing in the most melodic sorrowful voice.

Oh hey oh hey

Please cut my eyes out

So my blood splashes on your robe

Like the blossoms of peaches

Just so I am in your eyes

Oh hey oh hey

Please take my heart out

So my blood spills on the plains

Like the peach blossom on the mountains

Just so I am in your heart