By the picture alone, the merman seems to be swimming and not actually facing her. 

liddi:
Per the script, the man (not merman) will be standing next to the mermaid, taking her hand while the merman appeared distant despite being nearby:

I think they are going to change this somewhat, since they've already changed the crystal ball.   Cause there just isn't any room in that tiny shell, with the giant shell and the merman floating towards her.  I'm betting they have XL erase himself from this crystal ball like he erased himself from her world.

I will go cry in the corner now.

blabla100:

By the picture alone, the merman seems to be swimming and not actually facing her. 

TBH, I can't see a merman.  I see a blob on top of a huge fishtaIL with tiny arms reaching toward the mermaid.

And these merfolk are wearing way too much clothing.

Kokuto:

I think they are going to change this somewhat, since they've already changed the crystal ball.   Cause there just isn't any room in that tiny shell, with the giant shell and the merman floating towards her.  I'm betting they have XL erase himself from this crystal ball like he erased himself from her world.

You make a good point. Make room for me in that corner. I'll bring tissues.

I was also curious about her eyes, since the novel has no description of where her eyes are looking at. Quite fitting to have her eyes closed, as if admitting he fell in her dreams. The contrast between her closed eyes and her hand on the heart is quite nice actually, her heart's choice, not her mind.

blabla100:

I was also curious about her eyes, since the novel has no description of where her eyes are looking at. Quite fitting to have her eyes closed, as if admitting he fell in her dreams. The contrast between her closed eyes and her hand on the heart is quite nice actually, her heart's choice, not her mind.

Oh, I like that.

liddi:

I'm beginning to wonder if Star Lotus and Tong Hua have stock in Kleenex given how much I've been using over this show.

I am not sure if they actually change de crystal ball. I kinda do see a merman floating if I look closely, the description does fit the leaked script somehow. 

blabla100:

I like this observation - thank you for sharing it.. I just wish they showed the merman clearly. I had to stare for a long time before I realised that it was a merman with long flowing hair. At first I thought they were really going to just show us a mermaid in a seashell facing a fish with gigantic fins - I literally mistook the merman's sleeve for fins. Duh. 

Kokuto:
And these merfolk are wearing way too much clothing.

Censorship addeth, and censorship taketh away. In this instance, it addeth more clothing for modesty (just like we simply had a rocking seashell and a water tap essential blood dispenser in S1)

liddi:
7 minutes ago
 Kokuto:

And if they let Jing help himself. Then it is a bit forced that he introduced the guy in green holding the mermaid. In the case there is still that man there, the globle just become his wish for her at the end. Not really summarize/include what he did for her

@Kokuto, your prediction sounds very reasonable

blabla100:

I am not sure if they actually change de crystal ball. I kinda do see a merman floating if I look closely, the description does fit the leaked script somehow. 

The difference is in two seashells. She is sitting in a smaller seashell, while he swam towards her from a larger seashell on the opposite side. In the novel and script, there is only one seashell, and she was sitting in it with her hand outstretched to the merman.

liddi:

The difference is in two seashells. She is sitting in a smaller seashell, while he swam towards her from a larger seashell on the opposite side. In the novel and script, there is only one seashell, and she was sitting in it with her hand outstretched to the merman.

I see the two seashells, but I don't see the merman swimming towards her or facing her, I see him floating to her left side. His arm is streched because he is swimming in front of her, but more like away from her and not coming to her, if that makes sense. 

liddi:

I like this observation - thank you for sharing it.. I just wish they showed the merman clearly. I had to stare for a long time before I realised that it was a merman with long flowing hair. At first I thought they were really going to just show us a mermaid in a seashell facing a fish with gigantic fins - I literally mistook the merman's sleeve for fins. Duh. 

I thought it was a fish too.  And it took me awhile to see the little arms and realize they were in sleeves.

liddi:

Censorship addeth, and censorship taketh away. In this instance, it addeth more clothing for modesty (just like we simply had a rocking seashell and a water tap essential blood dispenser in S1)

This is true.  Still ... it's hard to tell these are merfolk.

H19279:

And if they let Jing help himself. Then it is a bit forced that he introduced the guy in green holding the mermaid. In the case there is still that man there, the globle just become his wish for her at the end. Not really summarize/include what he did for her

@Kokuto, your prediction sounds very reasonable

Well, you know, I've always held out for it being FFB or XL figure added to the crystal ball, so, I always saw it more as his wish for her.

Thank you.  And yes, though I still wish for it to be XL, I wouldn't be surprised if they erased his merman.

liddi:

The two sea shells is definitely odd.  Like someone said, I guess they are pushing the 'two separate worlds' idea.  But the idea of him swimming toward her ... odd.  But that makes more sense to me if that is what she is hoping for.

blabla100:

I see the two seashells, but I don't see the merman swimming towards her or facing her, I see him floating to her left side. His arm is streched because he is swimming in front of her, but more like away from her and not coming to her, if that makes sense. 

Hmm perhaps. My impression is that he was facing her, even though he might not be directly in front of her and the hand seemed stretched out towards her but never touching hers. The two seashells on the other hand, give me the sense of their two worlds on opposing sides of each other, but she is calling out to him and hoping he would come to her and take her hand.

In the novel, the impression I get is that she is in his world, sitting in his seashell, asking him to take her hand and let her be with him, whereas he is looking not at her but into the distance, beyond the crystal.