H19279:
i did not know that other characters’ account were intact. Then their action of erasing XL’s account is very stupid. They should have treated all the main characters equally 

I don't think it was out of malicious intent for Xiang Liu or his fans. Rather, I think it is a poorly considered promotional method to hype the drama even more. What they should have done was given us more Xiang Liu-related material - posts, videos. Instead, all they managed to do is devastate Xiang Liu fans further.

plor20:
Ahhhhh...yes. this mimicking of XY experience was VERY traumatic. Becusee unlike XY we were very intune to our love for XL, and having him erased was a double blow to the heart.

Exactly. Having the account would have meant a lot for those of us who are already missing him. We did not need to feel first hand what Xiao Yao went through. Knowing clearly everything Xiang Liu did, even more so in the drama, made the erasure of that account that much harder for us.

HeadInTheClouds:
You are not going to fool me into clicking on that link, liddi. That freaking Mao Qiu video is still making me cry. Nope. No way. I ain't doing it. 

Aww shucks! You saw through me!

I will say that "The Great Wilderness Portal: The Nine Lives Strategy" series of 3 animated videos really filled in the gaps between novel and drama from Mao Qiu's POV, which was a brilliant stroke. If you ever feel up to it, you can check them out here. I can't guarantee you won't feel an ache in the heart, but when has any Xiang Liu material in recent days not hurt anyway:

Chapter 1 - BaoBei's psychological strategy - it explains clearly how the wedding robbery was Xiang Liu's way to ensure she had someone to rely on in future

Chapter 2 - The Story of a Walnut - we even get references to Bao Zu and how he provided medicines for Sang Tian'Er through the years

Final Chapter - A Letter from Mao Qiu - Sir Bi makes an appearance! And of course that line from Beautiful Loneliness

AH :
Ah okay. Not the wedding then. I guess that was earlier in volume 1?

Yes, the wedding took place in Chapter 12. Vol 1 ends in Ch17 (original) / Ch20 (revised edition).

AH :
So Chi You somehow managed to get both halves back?

Yes. When he and A Heng parted at Bai Li, he tailed her back to Yu Abyss and saw her hand her half of the jade egg to Zhu Yu to bring back to the Yellow Emperor. He then caught Zhu Yu and recovered both halves from her. He revealed that knowingly allowed Zhu Yu to steal from him while he and A Heng were in bed. As such, he believed that A Heng used her body to seduce him just to get the jade egg. He was furious and hurt because he would have given the entire egg to her if she had only asked him. His suspicions also stemmed from the fact that in previous years, she refused his advances during the Peach Flower Festival, and believed that she only accepted it immediately this year, when the jade egg was at stake. He had always felt threatened by Shao Hao as well since it was common knowledge that she was deeply in love with Shao Hao.

AH :
Character growth. That's good I guess. 

I can't tell you how upset I was when they reconciled. At the time, I was really rooting for her to be with Shao Hao, which was quite ironic considering I already knew what happened in the end. But Chi Chen proved with his actions that he was worthy of the second chance she gave him.

AH :
Ah Heng did that? I didn't realize that. How devastating for Chi You... and for her to have to say that for her family's sake when she didn't mean it. 

Yes. It was almost like Xiang Liu hurting Xiao Yao with his cruel words during her wedding to Feng Long and after, at Qingshui Town. Except that he never allowed her to find out that it was all not true, unlike Chi Chen and A Heng, who died, knowing that they loved each other. 

The compilation of YaoLiu scenes from S1 and S2, totalling 5hrs 55mins, which is by no means comprehensive. 

@Kokuto As you pointed out from the S2 compilation previously, they still left out certain scenes such as at the Lirong donkey meat seller's place where Xiao Yao asks him about being so easy going in the face of Lirong Chang's personal attacks on his character.

liddi:
The best solution in his mind was for her to hate him so much that ultimately when he did die, any grief she might have would be minimised and she stood the best chance of going on to have a good life after that.

I agree with you that minimizing her grief was one of XL's objectives for treating her the way he did,  but I don't think his intention was to get her to hate him (because that would have caused to PLBs to retaliate). Also, he wanted to make it clear to her that he did not have the same feelings for her that she had for him and that he was not an option for her. Even when he appeared to try to assassinate CX, he must have had to be fairly confident that it wouldn't cause the PLBs to retaliate, which I imagine would have happened if she had a change of heart and began hating him. In the novel, I think one of the reasons he wanted to make it look like his target was CX was to force XY to seek him out so he could give her the hint that CX caused Jing's disappearance. In the drama, I think his purpose was to use the opportunity to force XY to seek him out so he could kill the PLBs. 

Despite XL's best intentions, I don't know if XY not knowing that XL loved her minimized her grief. In the novel, they noted all the fireflies symbolizing YaoLiu's love when XL killed the PLBs, so she clearly still deeply loved him, and was clearly devastated by his death. I'm not sure about Drama!XY though--her moving on so fast to marry Jing right after XL's death didn't sit well with me. Perhaps this was done in part due to censorship reasons of requiring a non-tragic ending, but I still don't like it.

liddi:
He definitely regretted his decision. I am of the opinion he finally fell in love with her when she came back for him in Yu Abyss when he was badly wounded and together, they stood little to no chance of leaving alive  - he told her as much, but by then she was already in love with Chi Chen.

I have to say, character growth or not, I'm not a fan of Chi Chen. I think A Heng would have had a much more stable life with Shao Hao. Both she and her children would have fared better since King Xuan Yuan wouldn't have manipulated her into go to war against Shennong if she didn't have ties to Chi Chen. I just wonder if there was anything Shao Hao could have done earlier on to get her to choose him and forget Chi Chen. If Shao Hao had made the choice to be a real husband and wife after they initially got married, would that have changed the course of their relationship? Of course, even if A Heng agreed to give their relationship an honest try, there's also the matter of Shao Hao later not sending reinforcements to help CX's parents in battle that ultimately caused her to divorce him. Did he at least have a very good reason to not help?

liddi:
The added scene at the gambling den where they asked each other questions. When Fangfeng Bei asked her whom she loved, her answer was the person she wanted to spend her entire lifetime with. This would tie back to the 4th question he asked her in Qingshui Town which she refused to answer, which indicated it was neither Ye Shi Qi nor Jing. Having established that the person she had in mind was Xiang Liu, by extension, it also tells us that the one she loved was Xiang Liu.

I agree--I loved the revised FFB/gambling den scene and how it tied into XL's four questions.

liddi:
After the meal at the Lirong old donkey meat seller's place, she pointedly asked him whom she should marry if not Feng Long - a line that was not in the novel. His refusal to answer her, and his next words "I can only see you off here. Ahead... is your world." drove home to her the fact that he had no intention of being with her, hence her words to A Nian: "In the end, he is not someone I can journey together with", indicating that when she asked him that question about the difficulty of finding someone to journey with earlier, it was him she had in mind, which she followed up with more pointed questions that were all deflected by him.

This was also an amazing scene.

liddi:
The implications of the red robes she wore (as opposed to the white robes in the novel and the leaked script) during the seven day wait by the ocean. Xiao Yao had to have worn it first, for Xiang Liu to respond in kind. 

To me, her wearing red and him responding in kind is showing XL's love for XY (something that's not really debate due to TJC's on-point acting), not XY's love for XL (which is what is in debate). Although, I did love the part where she suddenly stood up expectantly when she thought she sensed him during her wait. 

liddi:
The added scene of her tearful confrontation with Xiang Liu at Qingshui Town after she knew Fangfeng Bei was dead, and her devastated tears in the room as she cradled the bow.
Her recollections to her grandfather about the time in Qingshui Town. Although her internal monologue about the Lovers bug from the novel was removed, what was added was her recalling with tears in her eyes, the time she drew on his face, and how she felt that he never intended to harm her. In that moment, Xiang Liu could feel her missing him, hence his words "A kind of feeling, puts two people in sadness." - which tells us that their feelings for each other are mutual, but the circumstances makes it impossible for them to be together.

Agree that these were all great additions showcasing XY's true feelings for XL.

liddi:
 The repeated reference to the bugs with its proper name Lovers poisonous bugs (when Xiang Liu meets the Shaman King, when he destroys the bugs), reinforcing that the bugs could only be planted by lovers, and not just a one-sided love.

I like that they mentioned the name, but they didn't go into the detailed requirements of planting the bugs and how easily they backfire like they did in the novel. Thus, there is still room for ambiguity. She could romantically love Jing and XL--she should even romantically love Jing more than XL. Perhaps they couldn't go into the requirements for the bugs due to censorship reasons, but I'm not a fan.

liddi:
The pain in her heart when she woke up from her nightmare before he died, and after she learnt of his death. In both instances, the Lovers bugs had been removed, so the pain was solely hers, for him.

Hrm, I watched the scene where she woke up from her nightmare and didn't see see her clutching her heart. She did clutch her heart after she learned of his death.

liddi:
And the wordless tears she wept after his death, spoke far more eloquently of a deep-seated grief than any overwrought histrionics of the past.

The weeping during XL's death was appropriate and I felt that we could feel XY's grief for XY during that scene. And as you know, I absolutely hated the prolonged displays of irrationality, catatonia,  and histrionics during Jing's disappearance. That said, when you compare the two diametrically opposing expressions of grief coming from the same person, I feel that Jing's disappearance had a more profound impact on Drama!XY than XL's death.

Perhaps that was the intent. If it was the intent, then XL succeeded in his mission of minimizing the impact of his death on Drama!XY. Although he was the one XY longed for and was instinctively attracted to, she ultimately didn't see him as either returning her feelings, or as being a big part of her life. In contrast, XY had pictured a future with Jing even though she wasn't as attracted to him, so his disappearance affected her more. 

I still very much prefer XY's reactions in the book, where she is able to move on with her life as before after Jing's disappearance, but after XL's death, she couldn't go on hiding her feelings as before and she took to the sea and islands, places inextricably tied to XL.

To be honest, I cannot figure out how WeTV does their compilations.

They did a two part compilation for S1 for each of the ships, with YaoXuan and YaoJing clearly having the most footage - almost 5.5 hours each, while YaoLiu had less than 5 hours.

YaoXuan's S2 footage is clearly a lot more with 2.5 hours footage vs a little more than 1.5 hours for YaoLiu. Yet their S1+S2 compilation came up to less than YaoLiu? How is that possible?

I have not seen any YaoJing S2 compilation yet - be it an individual S2 footage, or the total S1+S2 compilation.                                                                     

YaoLiuYaoXuanYaoJing
S1 Part 12:26:512:44:253:25:53
S1 Part 22:20:432:43:191:58:45

S1 total4:47:335:27:445:24:38
S21:37:292:30:411:57:25

S1 + S26:25:027:58:257:22:03
S1 + S2 compilation5:55:275:52:287:21:28

I finally watched Xiang Liu's death. Thank God for the YaoLiu edit and the JCT update page for piecing his death into one video. But it sucks they didn't include the Xiang Liu-only scenes, which were mostly spoiled for me through leaks.

I didn't cry hysterically like in those videos, but I had tears and my heart ached. Everything was what I expected except for the pearl tear, which I found stupid. Sorry, but the tear didn't do it for me.

I have a lot to say about the second half, but because I refuse to watch it like I watched the first half, I don't know where to start.

solarlunareclipse:
I agree with you that minimizing her grief was one of XL's objectives for treating her the way he did,  but I don't think his intention was to get her to hate him (because that would have caused to PLBs to retaliate). Also, he wanted to make it clear to her that he did not have the same feelings for her that she had for him and that he was not an option for her. Even when he appeared to try to assassinate CX, he must have had to be fairly confident that it wouldn't cause the PLBs to retaliate, which I imagine would have happened if she had a change of heart and began hating him.

Tbh, I don't think hatred, a lack of love, or love for another person causes the bugs to retaliate / backfire / turn into Heartbreak Bugs. I think heartbreak is the trigger. Sometimes heartbreak can have overlap with those other things, but not always.  

In the drama, we know (thanks to liddi's translation of the script) that the bugs did try to retaliate / backfire in S1 Ep19 but XL was able to suppress the bugs so that they did not succeed in retaliating / backfiring / turning into Heartbreak Bugs that would have killed XL and XY. XL felt the pain of the retaliation / backfiring, but prevented XY from feeling it and also prevented the bugs from harming either of their lives. 

In S1 Ep 19, XY gave her "you are in no way the type to be in a girl's dream" explanation and XL left XY alone in the middle of the ocean to make her own way back to shore (and to TSJ). Then when TSJ carries XY on the shore and XL observes the two of them together, the bugs try to retaliate. Presumably XL would have felt heartbroken in this scene, so it makes sense that the bugs would try to retliate and XL would have to suppress them. 

In S2 Ep 7 (ep 46 total), XL uses the bug connection to cause XY to feel immense pain in her heart. We see the bug in her heart glowing in the same way that the bug in XL's heart glowed in S1 Ep 19. When XL is facing XY, his bug doesn't appear to be glowing, But as soon as he turns his back on XY we see that his bug actually is glowing (trying to retliate) and his expression shows that he is in pain. This seems like another scene where XL would be heartbroken (he is pushing XY away to go and reconcile with TSJ) and in this case he briefly allows XY to feel the pain of the Lovers Bugs' attempts to retaliate.

IMO, it's possible that the same thing happened in the novel. Due to XL's intervention, XY would have been completely unaware of it (except when he allowed her to feel it in chapter 32 in the same way that XL allowed XY to feel it in S2 Ep 7), hence XY thinking that the bugs had been planted with no issues for 80+ years. And since XL successfully prevented the bugs from turning into Heartbreak Bugs, they remained Lovers Bugs that allowed XL to save XY's life again in chapter 48. And when the Shaman King sensed the bug in XY in chapter 37 he felt a Lovers Bug.

If XL was able to control the bugs so that they would not turn into Heartbreak Bugs and would not kill him and XY, then he could be extremely cold and harsh towards XY (as he was in chapter 32 and chapter 46) without having to worry that his coldness and harshness might result in the bugs killing them both. 

For clarity, I also think that it's clear that only lovers can produce Lovers Bugs, so none of this calls into question whether XL and XY loved each other when the bug was successfully planted in XL. And I personally believe that XY continued to have romantic feelings for XL until the end, even after he had thoroughly killed any hope she had of ever being with XL in a romantic relationship. 

I posted some thoughts about this in one of the YaoJing threads recently. I'll copy it here. 

AH :
AH 3 days ago
Uliya:
I love Tushan Jing, tell me, who knows, I can't understand about the bugs in any way, if XY didn't love XL, why didn't the bugs kill them both?Answer , who knows, please.

Hi Uliya! The intricacies of how the Lovers Bugs work (in both the novel and the drama) has been a point of confusion, debate and discussion for fans since the novel was first published in 2013. ^^

I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and discussing it with other fans. Between those discussions and some of the details that are included from the drama (which shows XL's perspective more often than the novel does), my interpretation of how the Lovers Bugs work (and why they didn't turn into Heartbreak Bugs that would have killed XL and XY) has changed over time since I first read the novel.

I'll provide a summary of my current interpretation below and then excerpts from the novel and the drama script that helped me arrive at my current interpretation. Apologies in advance for the amount of text I'll be posting!

I'm open to hearing others' thoughts / interpretations. Maybe my interpretation will evolve some more. ^^

(1) Love at the time of planting.

In the drama, XL asks Lirong Ji if it is possible to plant the bugs if there is no love between the couple that are intended to host the bugs. Lirong Ji advises that if there is no love between a couple and the poisonous bug is forcibly planted in them, then the bug will not connect their hearts and lives and the bug might harm the hosts' lives.

In the drama, it is also confirmed that the bugs in XL and XY have indeed connected XL and XY's hearts and lives. Which (when one takes XL's question and Lirong Ji's response to it into account) suggests that there must have been enough love between XL and WXL when the bug was planted (in addition to XL willingly accepting the transfer) to achieve that result, which would not have been possible if there was no love between them. It's possible that WXL may have been unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge, those feelings in her own heart. Although clearly when XY told XL that she was afraid that he would enter her dreams, she must have been aware that there was at least a risk that she would develop romantic feelings for XL, even if she wasn't aware that she already had such feelings on some level.

Whereas when WXL tried to plant the bug in CX, since there was a lack of love between them (at least a lack of romantic love on WXL's side, and a total lack of love as far as the two of them were aware / as far as XL was aware at the time) and CX did not willingly accept the bug, the bug was not successfully planted in him and it did not connect CX and WXL's lives and hearts together. Which meant that, while the bug was in CX, it might pose a serious threat to both CX's life and WXL's life. In the drama, perhaps this threat to WXL's life was a significant factor that led XL to suggest transferring the bug to him and later accepting WXL's request to transfer the bug to him.

Also, in the drama various characters use different terms to refer to the bugs and (unlike in the novel) it seems that XY never learns the bugs' real name. As far as I am aware, the only times we see their real name used in the drama is in the S2 scene where XL asks the Shaman King how he can remove the bugs and in the scene when he is speaking to XY (but she is unconscious) before he kills the bugs. In those scenes he refers to the bugs as 情人蛊 (lovers poisonous bugs). Whereas Lirong Ji refers to them as 情蛊 (love poisonous bugs).

In the novel, the Shaman King confirms that only lovers can raise / nurture / produce Lovers Bugs and that Lovers Bugs tie the lives and hearts of their hosts together. The Shaman King also confirms that the bug in XY at that time (in chapter 37) is a Lovers Bug and that once a Lovers Bug has been successfully planted, it is impossible to remove. XL also confirms that the bug was successfully planted in him (and was not successfully planted in CX) and that it ties their lives and hearts together. Which suggests that there must have been enough love between XL and WXL (whether WXL was aware of it / acknowledged it or not) at the time that the bug was transferred from CX to XL to ensure that the bug would turn into a Lovers Bug at that point.

(2) Why did the Lovers Bugs not turn into Heartbreak Bugs?

In the novel, the Shaman King tells XY that Lovers Bugs are tempremental and hard to control. They are prone to backfiring, and if they do backfire, both hosts will die. For this reason, the bugs are also called Heartbreak Bugs. The Shaman King also tells XY that lovers produce Lovers Bugs while heartbroken people produce Heartbreak Bugs.

In the drama, Lirong Ji tells XL that bugs that are forcibly planted will not connect the hosts' hearts and lives and the bugs might retaliate and harm the hosts' lives. It seems to also be implied that even if the bugs are not forcibly planted (i.e., even if the bugs are successfully planted and become Lovers Bugs that connect the hosts' hearts and lives) the bugs might still be tempermental and difficult to control and might retaliate and harm the hosts lives if a host is heartbroken.

In both the drama and the novel, we see that XL is powerful enough to control the bugs / the bug connection.

In the drama, we are shown directly that when the bugs try to backfire / retaliate (in a moment when XL is heartbroken), he is able to use his spiritual power to suppress the bugs to ensure that they do not successfully backfire / retaliate and turn into Heartbreak Bugs so that they do not threaten his life or XY's life.

In the novel, XL's control over the bug is shown more indirectly (in scenes that are mostly also included, in some form, in the drama). For example:

• In chapter 37, the Shaman King tells XY that when a couple hosts Lovers Bugs and one host is emotionally hurt or injured, the other host will feel their emotional or physical pain. But in the many decades that XY and XL were connected by the Lovers Bugs, XY never felt XL's pain - except when he intentionally let her feel his pain in chapter 32.
  • In chapter 26, XL is able to use the bug connection to speed up XY's heartbeat in order to interrupt her painful thoughts and heartache (caused by seeing TSJ for the first time since his marriage), to force XY to drop her fake smile, and to prompt TSJ and XY to interact for the first time since TSJ's marriage. Later in that chapter XY tries to control the bugs herself and fails.
So we know pretty much for certain that the reason the Lovers Bugs did not turn into Heartbreak Bugs (that would have killed XL and XY) in the drama is that XL successfully suppressed the Lovers Bugs when they tried to backfire / retaliate.

The novel is less clear (and, as far as XY was aware, there were never any issues with the Lovers Bugs backfiring / retaliating), but it's possible that the same reasoning could also apply in the novel.

My theory is that the backfiring / retaliation was caused by XL's heartbreak and possibly, in some cases, by XY's heartbreak too. 

Chapter 37:

Kanunu8
Google
Chat GPT
Koala
巫王咳嗽了一声,郑重地说:“情人蛊,顾名思义有一对雌雄蛊虫,中蛊的男女命脉相连、心意相通,一人痛,另一人也会痛,一人伤,另一人也会伤。”

小夭说:“这些我都知道,还有呢?”
The witch king coughed and said solemnly: "Lover Gu, as the name suggests, has a pair of male and female Gu worms. The lifeblood of the man and woman infected with the Gu is connected, and their minds are connected. If one person hurts, the other will also feel pain, and if one person is injured, the other will also be injured."

Xiao Yao said: "I know all these, what else?"

The Witch King coughed and solemnly said, "The Lover's Gu, as the name implies, consists of a pair of male and female Gu worms. The lifelines of the man and woman who have been affected by the Gu are connected, and they can understand each other's thoughts. If one feels pain, the other feels it too. If one is injured, the other will also be injured."

Xiao Yao said, "I know all that. What else?"

The Voodoo King coughed once and solemnly explained, “Lover’s Bug, like its name indicates, is a pair of male-female voodoo bugs. The couple who has the bug successfully planted will have their life and emotions connected. If one hurts then the other will hurt. If one is injured then the other will also be injured.”

Xiao Yao said, “This I know already. What else?”

* Note: This passage has been analyzed at length by fans because obviously the bug connection does not actually transfer injuries from one host to another. The general conclusion seems to be that we are meant to understand that if one host feels emotional pain, the other host will feel the same emotional pain and if one host feels physical pain (e.g., from an injury) the other host will feel the physical pain too.

As noted below, the connection between the Lovers Bugs in XL and XY is unique because XY does not feel XL's pain through the bug connection (except in chapter 32). XL is powerful enough to control the connection in order to prevent XY from feeling his pain. 
“蛊术在外人眼中,神秘歹毒,其实不过是我们九黎族一代代积累下的医术和防身术。九黎多毒虫、毒草、瘴气,为了活下去,祖祖辈辈都在努力了解它们、驾驭它们。蛊术以狠毒闻名大荒,可实际上,我们更多地用蛊救人。情人蛊让两人命脉相连,也就是说,纵然一个重伤,只要另一人生机旺盛,就可以让重伤的人活下来,这本是极好的事,即使难养,也应该有很多人想养,但为什么一直罕有人养呢?”

小夭问:“为什么?”

“孤阳不生,独阴不长,万物有利一面,则必有害一面,利越大,害就越大,情人蛊亦是如此。它能让有情人心意相通、命脉相连,可情人蛊就像相恋的恋人,脾气多变,非常难驾驭,蛊虫极易反噬,一旦发作,两人俱亡,所以情人蛊还有个名字,叫断肠蛊。”

璟震惊地看向小夭,小夭忙道:“哪里有他说的那么可怕?这都七八十年了,我不一直好好的?”

巫王悚然变色:“难道你的蛊不是种给这位公子?”

“不是。”

巫王面色怪异,问小夭:“能让我探看一下你的蛊虫吗?”
"Gu art is mysterious and poisonous in the eyes of outsiders, but it is actually just the medical skills and self-defense skills accumulated by our Jiuli people from generation to generation. Jiuli has many poisonous insects, poisonous grasses, and miasma. In order to survive, our ancestors have been trying to understand and control them. Gu art is famous for its viciousness in the wilderness, but in fact, we use Gu more to save people. Lover Gu connects the lifeblood of two people, that is, even if one is seriously injured, as long as the other is vigorous, the seriously injured person can survive. This is a very good thing. Even if it is difficult to raise, there should be many people who want to raise it, but why is it that few people have raised it? "

Xiao Yao asked: "Why?"

"No yang can grow alone, and no yin can grow alone. Everything has a good side, and there must be a bad side. The greater the benefit, the greater the harm. The same is true for the lover's Gu. It can make lovers communicate with each other and connect their lives, but the lover's Gu is like a lover in love. It has a changeable temper and is very difficult to control. The Gu worm is very easy to backfire. Once it breaks out, both of them will die. Therefore, the lover's Gu has another name, called the heartbreak Gu. "

Jing looked at Xiao Yao in shock. Xiao Yao hurriedly said: "How can it be as terrible as he said? It's been seventy or eighty years. Haven't I been fine all the time?"

"To outsiders, Gu techniques seem mysterious and sinister, but in reality, they are simply medical and self-defense techniques accumulated by our Jiuli tribe over generations. The Jiuli region is full of poisonous insects, poisonous plants, and miasma. To survive, our ancestors made efforts to understand and control them. Gu techniques are notorious for their cruelty in the Great Wilderness, but we often use them to save lives. The Lover's Gu connects two people's lifelines, which means that even if one is severely injured, as long as the other has strong vitality, the severely injured person can survive. This is actually a very good thing. Even though it is difficult to nurture, many people should want to nurture it. But why is it so rare?"

Xiao Yao asked, "Why?"

"Solitary yang cannot grow, and solitary yin cannot survive. Everything has both benefits and drawbacks. The greater the benefit, the greater the drawback. The Lover's Gu is no exception. It allows lovers to connect their hearts and lifelines, but like lovers in a relationship, it has a volatile temper and is extremely difficult to control. The Gu worms are prone to backfire, and once it happens, both people will perish. Therefore, the Lover's Gu has another name: the Heartbreak Gu."

Jing looked at Xiao Yao in shock. Xiao Yao hurriedly said, "It's not as scary as he says! It's been seventy or eighty years, and I've been just fine."

“To outsiders voodoo is considered mysterious and bad, but really it's a craft and magic that the Jiu Li tribe has passed down through generations to protect and heal us. Jiu Li has lots of deadly insects, deadly plants, deadly gasses, to live here our ancestors had to learn to understand it and control it. Voodoo is seen as a harmful power but we actually mostly use it here to save lives. The Lover’s Bug keeps two people’s lives connected, which means when one is injured as long as the other is healthy then the injured person will survive. This is a very good thing. Even if the Lover’s Bug is notoriously hard to grow, it ought to still be relatively prevalent since many people will try to grow it. So why it is so rare to see?”

Xiao Yao asked, “Why?”

“All living things that have a benefit must also carry a harm. The greater the benefit then the greater the potential for harm. The Lover’s Bug is exactly that. It can lead two people to be connected in life and emotions but it is just like a pair of lovers in love with each other. It is tempermental and hard to control. If the Lover’s Bugs turn on each other then both people will die. Which is why the Lover’s Bug also has another name: the Heartbreak Bug.”

Jing stared in dismay at Xiao Yao who quickly said, “It can’t be as scary as he makes it out to be. It’s been over seventy years and I’m still just fine.”
巫王悚然变色:“难道你的蛊不是种给这位公子?”

“不是。”

巫王面色怪异,问小夭:“能让我探看一下你的蛊虫吗?”

小夭点了点头。

也不见巫王有何动作,想来是用自己体内的蛊虫在探看。巫王眉头紧皱,喃喃说:“的确是情人蛊!怎么可能呢?‘有情人养情人蛊,断肠人成断肠蛊’,情人蛊和其他蛊都不同,必须要一对情人心甘情愿,才能种蛊,他若不是你的情郎,你怎么可能给他种下情人蛊?”
The witch king changed color in horror: "Isn't your Gu planted for this young man?"

"No."

The witch king looked strange and asked Xiao Yao: "Can I take a look at your Gu worm?"

Xiao Yao nodded.

The witch king didn't see any action, so he thought he was using the Gu worm in his body to check. The witch king frowned and murmured, "It is indeed a lover's Gu! How is it possible? 'Lovers raise lover's Gu, and heartbroken people become heartbroken Gu'. Lover's Gu is different from other Gu. It must be planted by a pair of lovers willingly. If he is not your lover, how could you plant lover's Gu on him?"

The Witch King's expression changed dramatically. "Your Gu wasn't planted in this young man?"

"No."

The Witch King looked at Xiao Yao with a strange expression and asked, "May I take a look at your Gu worm?"

Xiao Yao nodded.

Without any visible movement from the Witch King, it seemed he was using his own Gu worm to investigate. His brows furrowed tightly as he murmured, "It really is the Lover's Gu! How is that possible? 'Lovers nurture the Lover's Gu, the heartbroken become the Heartbreak Gu.' The Lover's Gu is different from other Gu worms. It must be willingly planted by a pair of lovers. If he is not your lover, how could you have planted the Lover's Gu in him?"

The Voodoo King’s expression changed as he stared at Jing, “You’re not the man the other bug is planted in?”

“No.”

The Voodoo King stared in shock at Xiao Yao. “Can I feel the bug in you?”

Xiao Yao nodded.

The Voodoo King didn’t move so he was likely using a bug inside of himself to sense. He furrowed his brows and murmured, “It really is a Lover’s Bug! But how is this possible? ‘Lovers who raise the bug produce the Lover’s Bug, Not Lovers who raise the bug produce the Heartbreak Bug.’ The Lover’s Bug is different then other voodoo bugs and absolutely requires the couple to willingly accept the bug for it to be successfully planted. If the man you successfully planted the other bug in is not your lover, then how did you plant it in him?”
小夭道:“你可大大比不上你的先祖,太拘泥于前人的经验了。猛虎生于山野是百兽之王,但如果长于斗定,不过是大一点的野猫。蛊虫不是死物,所以蛊术才变幻莫测。”

巫王心中百般不解,可小夭的情郎明显是她身边的这位公子,有些话不好再说,只得敷衍道:“姑娘教训的是,姑娘体内的蛊虫的确不同于一般的蛊虫,想来姑娘和那人都有特异之处。”

小夭叹了口气:“他是很特异!” 自从中蛊,只能相柳感觉到她,她却从没有感觉到他。
Xiao Yao said, "You are far inferior to your ancestors. You are too rigid about the experience of your predecessors. A tiger born in the mountains is the king of beasts, but if it grows up to fight, it is just a bigger wild cat. Gu worms are not dead things, so Gu techniques are unpredictable."

The witch king was puzzled, but Xiao Yao's lover was obviously the young man next to her. Some things were not easy to say, so he had to perfunctorily say, "What the girl taught is that the Gu worm in the girl's body is indeed different from ordinary Gu worms. I think the girl and that person have their own special features."

Xiao Yao sighed, "He is very special!" Since being poisoned, only Xiang Liu can feel her, but she has never felt him.

Xiao Yao said, "You are far inferior to your ancestors, too bound by their experiences. A tiger born in the wild is the king of beasts, but if it grows up in captivity, it's just a big cat. Gu worms are not lifeless things, which is why Gu techniques are so unpredictable."

The Witch King was deeply puzzled, but it was clear that Xiao Yao's lover was the young man beside her. Some things were better left unsaid, so he replied perfunctorily, "The young lady is right. The Gu worm in your body is indeed different from ordinary Gu worms. It seems both you and that person have unique qualities."

Xiao Yao sighed, "He is indeed very unique!" Ever since the Gu was planted, only Xiang Liu can sense her, but she was never able to sense him.

Xiao Yao said, “You might not know as much as your ancestors, the bug could be more multi-facted and evolving in ways beyond your understanding.”

The Voodoo King was still perplexed. But it was clear that the young man sitting beside Xiao Yao was clearly her beloved so the rest of what he wanted to say wasn’t suitable for discussing at this time. He smoothed things over. “Miss you are likely right, the bug inside of you is different than other bugs. Likely Miss and the other man have very unique bodily compositions.”

Xiao Yao inwardly sighed in relief. “He is very unique!” Since the bug was planted, only Xiang Liu could sense her but she could never sense him.
璟急切地问:“请问如何解蛊?”

巫王的脸皱成了一团,说道:“要么同心而生,要么离心而死,情人蛊一旦种下,无法可解。我刚才还想说,这也是为什么很少有人养它的原因,只有一些执拗的女子才会养此蛊,即使养成,也很难找到男子愿意种蛊。”
Jing asked anxiously, "How can I cure the poison?"

The face of the witch king wrinkled up, and he said, "Either live together or die apart. Once the lover's poison is planted, there is no cure. I was just thinking that this is why few people raise it. Only some stubborn women will raise this poison. Even if they do, it is difficult to find a man willing to plant it."

Jing asked urgently, "How can the Gu be removed?"

The Witch King's face wrinkled into a frown as he said, "Either live with one heart or die with separate hearts. Once the Lover's Gu is planted, it cannot be removed. I was about to say that this is also why very few people nurture it. Only some stubborn women would choose to nurture this Gu, and even if they succeed, it is difficult to find a man willing to plant it."

Jing anxiously asked, “How to break the spell?”

The Voodoo King’s face scrunched up. “The Lover’s Bug – either live in love or die in heartbreak. Once the Lover’s Bug has been planted there is no way to break the spell. It is impossible. This is what I was trying to say earlier for why so few people raise it despite the great benefit. Only very determined girls would raise the bug but even if they successfully raise it, it’s near impossible to find a man willing to accept the other bug to be planted in him.”
璟愣住,半晌后,才缓缓问:“如果种了情人蛊的一人死了,另一人会如何?”

巫王叹了口气:“我们九黎的歌谣说‘地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死。’”
Jing was stunned. After a long while, he slowly asked, "If one of the people who planted the lover's poison dies, what will happen to the other person?"

The witch king sighed, "Our Jiuli ballad says, 'The phoenix trees on the ground will grow old together, the mandarin ducks in the sky will not fly alone, and the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.'"

Jing was stunned. After a while, he slowly asked, "If one of the people with the Lover's Gu dies, what will happen to the other?"

The Witch King sighed, "Our Jiuli folk song says, 'On earth, the phoenix trees grow old together; in the sky, lovebirds never fly alone; in the water, mandarin ducks die together.'"

Jing was stunned and after a moment of silence he slowly asked, “What happens if one person who has the Lover’s Bug dies? What happens to the other person?”

The Voodoo King sighed. “Our Jiu Li folk ballad sings ‘The twisted roots of the parasol tree entwine on land, the doves do not fly alone in the sky, the pair of mandarin ducks in the water always die together.'”
璟怔怔地看着小夭,猛地抓紧了她的手。

小夭笑着对他做了个鬼脸:“别担心!巫王的话不能全当真。巫王说,只有情人才能种情人蛊,我和相柳可什么关系都没有,我们依旧种了情人蛊。巫王还说,一旦种下,无法解蛊,可你别忘了,我这蛊先种给了颛顼,相柳不是帮颛顼解了蛊吗?”

璟松了口气:“对!颛顼的蛊就解了!”

小夭笑嘻嘻地摇着璟的手:“别犯愁了,天下没有绝对的事,前人解不了,我来解。"

她做出一副豪气干云的样子,对巫王说:“等我寻找出解蛊的方法,我传授给你,也算回报你的先祖传授我蛊术的恩德。”
Jing stared at Xiaoyao in a daze and suddenly grabbed her hand.

Xiaoyao smiled and made a face at him: "Don't worry! Don't take the words of the witch king seriously. The witch king said that only lovers can plant lover Gu. Xiangliu and I have nothing to do with each other, but we still planted lover Gu. The witch king also said that once planted, it cannot be removed, but don't forget that I planted this Gu for Zhuanxu first, didn't Xiangliu help Zhuanxu remove the Gu?"

Jing breathed a sigh of relief: "Yes! Zhuanxu's Gu is removed!"

Xiaoyao smiled and shook Jing's hand: "Don't worry, there is no absolute thing in the world, and the predecessors can't solve it, I will solve it."

She acted heroically and said to the witch king: "When I find a way to solve the poison, I will teach it to you, which is also a way to repay your ancestors for teaching me the poison technique."

Jing stared at Xiao Yao in a daze and suddenly tightened his grip on her hand.

Xiao Yao made a funny face at him and said, "Don't worry! You can't take everything the Witch King says as the absolute truth. He said that only lovers can plant the Lover's Gu, but Xiang Liu and I have no such relationship, and yet we still planted the Lover's Gu. He also said that once planted, it can't be removed, but don't forget, I first planted this Gu on Zhuan Xu, and didn't Xiang Liu help Zhuan Xu remove it?"

Jing let out a sigh of relief. "That's right! Zhuan Xu's Gu was removed!"

Xiao Yao cheerfully shook Jing's hand and said, "Don’t worry! Nothing in this world is absolute. If the predecessors couldn’t solve it, I’ll find a way."

She struck a heroic pose and addressed the Witch King, "Once I find a way to remove the Gu, I’ll teach it to you as a way to repay your ancestor for passing down the Gu techniques to me."

Jing stared at Xiao Yao and tightly grabbed her hand.

Xiao Yao smiled at him and made a joke face. “Don’t worry! We don’t need to believe everything the Voodoo King says. Don’t forget, he said that only in a pair of lovers in love could the bug be successfully planted. I don’t have any relationship with Xiang Liu, but we still successfully planted the bug. The Voodoo King also said the spell couldn’t be broken once the bug was planted but don’t forget that I planted the bug first in Zhuan Xu before Xiang Liu helped me break the spell and move the bug to himself.”

Jing let out a sigh of relief. “Yes! The bug was moved from Zhuan Xu!”

Xiao Yao shook Jing’s hand “Don’t worry, there is no absolutes in this world. If no one has broken the spell before then let me be the first.”

She said to the Voodoo King, “Once I break it I’ll pass on the knowledge to you as gratitude for your ancestor teaching me voodoo.”
 liddi:
liddi Dec 21, 2023 04:08 pm
 windiaaa041293:
The text in the leaked Episode 19 script says  XL bitten by a bug. and only XL was bitten by the bug.
xy wasn't bitten, and in this episode the bug didn't bite XL, but instead shone a light on XL and xy's chest.
So it's not due to being bitten by a bug (in my opinion). And it has nothing to do with reactions involving jing

Unfortunately, I can't find the leaked script you shared in the Tong Hua super topic on Weibo. This is what I managed to translate based on the OCR text.

S1Ep19 - Xiang Liu suppresses lovers bug

On the shore by the ocean, Tushan Jing carried Xiao Yao and left, limping as he did so.
Xiao Yao's words reverberated in Xiang Liu's mind.

XY (VO): However, I am still afraid that if I was not careful, you might enter my dreams. You... are definitely not suitable to enter a girl's dreams. That is possibly far more terrifying than death indeed.

Xiang Liu's eyes were sorrowful, and he smiled self-deprecatingly. A glow that appeared over his heart (the poisonous bug) was struggling, floating, trying to retaliate. Xiang Liu ruthlessly pressed his hand on his heart, suppressing it forcibly with his spiritual power. With the spillover of spiritual power, snowflakes danced around him.

LRM (VO): The love poisonous bug demands not only your life but your heart. You have nine lives, but only one heart!  Even if it was forcibly planted, it will lead to endless troubles. Not only are the hearts unable to be connected and share the same fates/lives, but the poisonous bugs may retaliate and harm their lives.
Despite suffering from heart-wrenching pain, he continued to smile. With Xiang Liu's spiritual power suppressing it, the glow (poisonous bug) was gradually brought under control.
After one last look at Tushan Jing and Xiao Yao, Xiang Liu turned, hand over his heart, and staggered in the midst of falling snowflakes towards the depth of the ocean. Against the vast ocean under the blue sky, the figure in white gradually disappeared into the distance in the snow.

The Lirong old man said that if the bug was forcibly planted, it would lead to endless troubles. However, the bug was very easily transferred to him, and the walnut disappeared immediately after that, which signified that it was successfully planted. In addition, before he destroyed the bugs, Xiang Liu also confirmed that the bugs were successfully planted, which means what the Lirong old man said was not applicable to them.

liddi:
liddi Sep 13, 2023 09:07 am
@AH

Here are my translations:

Ep12  (no equivalent scene in the novel):
"Legend has it there are male-female poisonous bugs which are very difficult to cultivate. One is male, the other is female, with equal power. The one who raises them cannot control the poisonous bug. Mostly women raise it for their lovers, hoping for wholly devoted, loyal love. Once it is planted, the couple's hearts and lives are joined, living and dying together. As such, it is also called love poisonous bug."

"If there is no love between the couple, would it be possible to plant the bug?"

"No, no, no. However, the art of poisonous bugs is mysterious and unpredictable. Perhaps it is possible. Even so, forcibly planting it will lead to endless troubles. Not only are they unable to join their hearts and lives together, but the poisonous bugs will attack them and harm their lives."

"How can they be removed?"

"Its planting relies on 情意 love, as does its removal. If it has not been planted for long, it is possible to transfer it to another person while its foundation has not yet stabilised. However, the other person must have love in his heart. The love poisonous bug demands not only your life but your heart. You have nine lives, but only one heart. Once your heart is given, you can never take it back."

The term 情意 does mean affection, but also refers to love between a man and a woman. So for me, I would have translated it as love.

Vol 3 Ch 4   (Chapter 37 )
The shaman king coughed and solemnly said, "The lover's bug, as the name suggests, has a pair of male and female bugs. The man and woman who has planted the bug will have their lives and hearts intertwined. If one is hurt, the other will also feel the pain. If one is injured, the other will also be injured.“
:
”It enables two lovers to be connected in their hearts and lives. However, the lover's bug is also like a lover in love with each other. It is temperamental and difficult to control, will easily retaliate. Once that happens, both of them will die. That is why the lover's bug has another name, called the heartbreak bug."
:
The shaman king's face paled in horror. "Did you not plant the bug in this young master?"

"No."
:
He frowned and murmured, "It is indeed the lover's bug! But how is it possible? 'Lovers raise the lover's bug. Broken-hearted people produce the heartbreak bug.' Lover's bug differs from other bugs. It requires the couple to be willing in order to successfully plant it. If he is not your lover, how did you manage to plant the lover's bug in him?"
:
The shaman king was extremely puzzled but Xiao Yao's lover was obviously the young man next to her so there were some things he could not verbalise. As such, he responded perfunctorily, "You are right. The poisonous bug in your body is different from other bugs. It is likely there is something unique about you and the other man."
:
Jing eagerly asked, "How can the bug be removed?"

The shaman king's face wrinkled up. "They either live together, or die apart. Once the lover's bug is planted, it cannot be removed...."
:
Jing was stunned, and after a long while, he slowly asked, "If one person with the lover's bug dies, what will happen to the other person?"

The shaman king sighed. "Our Jiu Li folk ballad sings, 'The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the jian birds in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.'"

Vol 3 Ch 15  (Chapter 48)
Xiang Liu sat next to the peach blossom boat and stared at the sleeping Xiao Yao before softly saying, "'The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the jian birds in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.‘ The lover's bug connects our hearts and lives, and is impossible to remove! Back then, I could remove the bug from Zhuan Xu only because he did not willingly accept it, so you never successfully planted it in him in the first place. However, I was wholeheartedly willing to let you plant it in me! You kept asking me to remove the bug and I kept telling you it was not possible. I know you didn't believe me, but I was not lying. I really cannot remove it!"
"I cannot remove the bug, but I can kill it."

The text in chapters 37 and 48 are quite similar in both versions.

There is no equivalent scene for Ep19 in the novel.  I wonder whether the drama was trying to show that if one party is heartbroken over the other person, the lover's bug will retaliate, irrespective of whether the other person had or had not fallen out of love?

liddi:
liddi Oct 10, 2023 05:26 pm
Leaked script Ep19 scene 25-26   (Vol 3 Ch15 / Chapter 48)
Xiang Liu severs the lovers bug connection between them

At dusk, the lake at Jade Mountain rippled blue-green waves, while the plum forest bloomed as it had for thousands of years. Xiang Liu, all dressed in white, stood alone by the lake. His eyes were peaceful as he silently waited.
A Nian came up behind him.

AN: Xiang Liu, I have brought Older Sister to Jade Mountain as you requested.

Xiang Liu's eyes immediately chilled before he turned to face her.

XL: Your Majesty is true to your word after all.
AN: What exactly are you planning to do?

Ah Nian stared at him, suspicious and uncomprehending.

Night had fallen, the moon pale with sparsely scattered stars in the sky.

A pale Xiao Yao laid unconscious in the seashell floating on the lake. Xiang Liu stood on the surface of the water beside her, looking down upon her. His expression was calm but his eyes were filled with yearning and reluctance.

With a wave of the hand, the xingxing mirror hidden in Xiao Yao's bosom flew into Xiang Liu's hand. As his hand brushed over it, images of himself appeared in the mirror. While his eyes were filled with tenderness and reluctance, he continued to channel his powers and the images gradually vanished.

At last, he returned the mirror to Xiao Yao with another wave of the hand. Sitting cross-legged in the seashell, he activated the poisonous bug and its glow emitted from his chest like a beating heart. A similar glow appeared on Xiao Yao's chest, shining together in response to Xiang Liu's.

Xiang Liu gazed at Xiao Yao as he spoke softly with a tenderness that he never had.

XL: Silly girl, to even dare to recklessly plant the lovers bug that connects hearts and lives! "The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the mythical jian bird in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together." The lovers bug connects our hearts and lives, and is impossible to remove. Back then, I was able to remove the bug from Cang Xuan only because he did not willingly accept the bug, so you never properly plant the bug in him in the first place. I however, was wholeheartedly willing, and allowed you to properly plant it in me. You kept asking me to remove the bug and I kept telling you it was not possible. You never believed me, but I was not lying. I really cannot remove it.

Using his finger as a knife, Xiang Liu slashed two cuts on Xiao Yao and his own palms.

XL: I may not be able to remove the bug, but I can kill it (sly smile) Don't blame me for deceiving you. Who told you to only ask me whether I could remove the bug, but never asked whether I could kill it.

With a smile, Xiang Liu held Xiao Yao's two hands in his. Their palms were joined, blood and flesh intermingling and Xiang Liu began to chant the bug spell. As he chanted, glowing lights emerged from their bodies like countless fireflies flying around them. There were fireflies all over the night sky and the lake surface. The lights on the surface of the water, and the reflection beneath complemented each other perfectly, what was real mixed with what was not. It seemed that lights covered the sky and the depths of the water, as mesmerising as a dream.

From behind Xiang Liu emerged the reflection of the nine-headed demon's true form, except there were only eight heads left, one life having been sacrificed to save Xiao Yao years ago. A razor sharp dagger made of ice appeared in Xiang Liu's hand. Ruthlessly, he stabbed the dagger into his own heart, and one of his heads disappeared in agony. Xiang Liu pulled out the dagger and blood gushed forth from the wound, spilling on to the seashell and Xiao Yao's body. His seven-headed form was visibly weakened.

The glowing lights surrounding him were like bloodsucking insects, rushing into his chest and slowly vanishing inside, as if they had burrowed into his body. In the midst of it all, another of Xiang Liu's heads started fading away. By the time all the lights disappeared, that head too was gone.

His face deathly pale, Xiang Liu covered his chest wound with one hand while the other took out a pill the size of a longan - the same healing pill made from Xiao Yao's blood. Instead of using it to heal himself, he fed it to Xiao Yao, and the wounds on her palms healed quickly, her face restored to a rosy hue.
Xiang Liu gazed at Xiao Yao, as the form with the remaining 6 heads vanished behind him.

XL: Your bug has been removed! From here on, there is no more connection between us!

Chapter 48:

Kanunu8GoogleChat GPTKoala
    相柳坐到桃花舟旁,凝视着沉睡的小夭,轻声说:“地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死,情人蛊同命连心,的确无法可解!当年我能帮颛顼解蛊,只因为颛顼并非心甘情愿种蛊,你根本没有真正把蛊给他种上,我却是心甘情愿,真正让你种了蛊!你三番四次要我解蛊,我一直告诉你解不了,我知道你不相信,可我的确没有骗你,我是真解不了蛊!”
Xiangliu sat down beside the peach blossom boat, staring at the sleeping Xiaoyao, and whispered: "On the ground, the phoenix trees will grow old together, in the sky, the mandarin ducks will not fly alone, in the water, the mandarin ducks will die together, and the lovers' Gu is bound together by the same fate, there is really no solution! Back then, I was able to help Zhuanxu remove the Gu only because Zhuanxu was not willing to plant the Gu. You did not really plant the Gu in him, but I was willing and let you plant the Gu! You asked me to remove the Gu again and again, and I kept telling you that I couldn't do it. I knew you didn't believe it, but I did not lie to you. I really couldn't remove the Gu!"

Xiang Liu sat by the peach blossom boat, gazing intently at the sleeping Xiao Yao. In a soft voice, he said, "The earthbound phoenixes grow old together, heavenly birds do not fly alone, and mandarin ducks in the water die together. The Lover's Gu connects lives and hearts; it truly cannot be undone. I was able to help Zhuan Xu because he did not willingly accept the Gu, and you never truly implanted it in him. But I willingly allowed you to plant the Gu in me. You have repeatedly asked me to remove the Gu, and I've always told you it can't be done. I know you don't believe me, but I truly am not lying to you. I really cannot remove the Gu."

Xiang Liu sat down next to the raft and stared at the sleeping Xiao Yao before softly saying, “The tree grows old on land together, the mandarin ducks die together in the waterthe Lover’s Bug connects heart to heart and our lives, and there truly is no way to remove the bug. Years ago I was only able to remove the bug from Zhuan Xu because he didn’t know it was you so he didn’t willingly accept the bug. So you never successfully planted the bug on him in the first place. But I….I was heart and soul willing, so the bug successfully planted in me. You asked me to remove the bug and I kept telling you I can’t do it, but you didn’t believe me. But I truly didn’t lie to you, I cannot remove the bug.”

獙君完全明白了,小夭和相柳种了同命连心的情人蛊,所以相柳能救小夭,等小夭生机恢复,相柳又为小夭解了蛊。其实,他并不是解了蛊,而是用命诱杀了蛊,这种同归于尽的解蛊方法,也只有九命相柳能用。
[Bì jūn] completely understood that Xiaoyao and Xiangliu had been infected with the lover's Gu, so Xiangliu was able to save Xiaoyao, and when Xiaoyao recovered, Xiangliu cured her of the Gu. In fact, he did not cure the Gu, but killed the Gu with his own life. This method of curing the Gu, in which both sides died, could only be used by Xiangliu, who had nine lives.

[Bì Jūn] completely understood now. Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu had planted the Lover's Gu, connecting their lives and hearts. That's why Xiang Liu could save Xiao Yao. When Xiao Yao's life force recovered, Xiang Liu "removed" the Gu for her. In reality, he hadn't removed the Gu but had used his own life to lure and kill the Gu. This self-destructive method of breaking the Gu could only be used by someone like the nine-lived Xiang Liu.

Sir Bi understood what happened – the heart-and-life-connected Lover’s Bug was planted between Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao, which is why Xiang Liu could save Xiao Yao’s life earlier. Xiang Liu managed to now break the bug by using his own life as the lure to kill the bugs. It was a suicidal method, but a method that only Nine Lives Xiang Liu could use by taking one of his lives.

liddi:
liddi Oct 27, 2023 04:49 am
Xiao Yao finds out about Jing's hand in her wedding disruption.

Leaked script Ep7 scenes 13-18   (Vol 2 Ch15 / Chapter 32)

Xiao Yao saw Tian'er's great grandchildren playing in the snow. Realising that it was Hui Chun Clinic, she approached and had a long talk with Tian'er, who told her that one had to be willing to believe and give of oneself to have a hope of seeing the results one hopes for.

XY (voiceover): Unwilling to trust and give of oneself means one will not get the results one hopes for. Could it be that it was my fault that Jing and I ended up like this?

Xiang Liu appeared nearby and quietly watched Xiao Yao and old Sang Tian'er.
Feeling his gaze, Xiao Yao came to her senses and lifted her head. Their eyes met and she averted her eyes.
Getting up, she caressed Tian'er's head.

XY: Tian'er, you have done very well! I think Chuanzi must appreciate that he married a good wife. Lao Mu and I are both very happy.
STE (shocked): You, you... who are you?

Xiao Yao smiled without replying and turned to walk towards Xiang Liu. A flurry of snowflakes flew by and they both disappeared in the snow.

STE (murmuring): Brother Liu...

In realisation, old Sang Tian'er got up, eyes filled with tears and knelt to bow in the direction where Xiao Yao disappeared.

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao stood side by side by the river and looked out.
She recalled the times in the past.

[Flashback:
Xiang Liu grabbing hold of Xiao Liu and jumping on to the white condor. Xiao Liu grabbing tightly on to Xiang Liu's arms, yelling in fright.
Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu sitting atop the tree branch, her looking at the moonlight while his eyes were on her.
Xiang Liu looking back, holding his hand out to Xiao Liu which she immediately grabbed hold of and they slid off the back of the condor. Xiang Liu bringing Xiao Liu for a slow stroll on the surface of the water.]

XY (missing those times, sadly): This place is still the same. Unfortunately, both you and I cannot go back to the way it used to be.
XL (coldly): You are the Gao Xin princess, I am the general of a rebel army. We were never on the same side. What is there to regret?
XY (bitterly): Yes, there is nothing to regret! The Gao Xin princess has been missing for such a long time, the world must be in an uproar?

Xiang Liu did not reply.

XY: It was your actions, but the Fangfeng clan had to bear the consequences. Fangfeng Yi Ying will surely need to help the Fangfeng family weather the storm. Since she is the Tushan clan leader's wife, even the Tushan clan has been dragged into it.
XL (cold laugh): Do you think the one who wanted to ruin your wedding was me?
XY (stunned): If not you, then who was it?

Xiang Liu looked at Xiao Yao.

[Flashback]
Xiang Liu met a sickly, pale Tushan Jing by the river at Qingshui Town. When he said he wanted to hire Xiang Liu to stop Xiao Yao's wedding, Xiang Liu mocked and asked whether it was Ye Shiqi or Tushan Jing who was hiring him, and whether Ye Shiqi could afford him, to which Tushan Jing replied that Ye Shiqi could not but Tushan Jing could. Xiang Liu mocked and asked what right did Tushan Jing have to stop the wedding, but Tushan Jing only said that he was responsible for paying for the deed, while Xiang Liu was responsible for fulfilling the deed.

Jing pledged to provide the Xuan Yuan army with provisions every year henceforth to which Xiang Liu mocked, "It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave!"

Ignoring his mockery, Tushan Jing asked if he would accept the deal, which Xiang Liu did, saying he would never have any beef with money. Jing asked that he minimised the damage as much as possible, but Xiang Liu refused to let Tushan Jing dictate how he would stop the wedding, and asked for 37 years of provisions in return.

XY (shocked): Are you saying... Tushan Jing was the one who instigated you to take me from the wedding?
XL: You can go and ask him yourself if you don't believe me.
XY (furious): What right does he have to ruin my wedding! What does he want to accomplish!
XL (calmly): I only did what I was paid for. His intentions have nothing to do with me.

Xiao Yao controlled herself forcibly but failed, kicking the pebbles furiously in her path.

XY: Bastard! (stared at Xiang Liu furiously) When are you planning to let me go?
XL (indifferently): I have gotten what I wanted. You can leave any time you wish!

Xiao Yao was happy for a moment, but immediately quietened down.

XY: Then... I take my leave.

Xiang Liu gazed at the river without saying a word. Wordlessly, Xiao Yao turned. Suddenly, Xiang Liu's icy voice rang out behind her.

XL: Let me remind you that the poisonous bug is still there. If you dare reveal that I am Fangfeng Bei, don't blame me if you die from the pain of my hurting your heart.

Xiao Yao suddenly stopped and turned around in disbelief to look at Xiang Liu.

XL (coldly): Don't believe me?

Just as his words reached her, Xiao Yao's heart felt severe pain like it was pierced by a sharp sword. It was so excruciating that her limbs spasmed in pain and she slumped to the ground.
Xiang Liu walked over and looked down at her.

XL (cruelly): If you don't wish to die, don't say things you shouldn't!

Xiao Yao's face was ashen from the pain, her forehead beaded with sweat, yet she raised her face with a forced smile.

XY: Is this the reason you have no time to remove the bug? General Xiang Liu, well played!
XL (coolly): This is the kind of person that I am. It is not as if you only knew it today.

Xiang Liu turned coldly and left. At a location out of Xiao Yao's sight, he raised his hand and gripped his chest, his face ashen white, though no one could see anything amiss from the back.
Xiao Yao laid on the ground in pain, staring wretchedly at Xiang Liu's far retreating form.

* In S2 Ep 7, XL does not raise his hand to grip his chest after he turns away from XY as is described in the leaked script, but we do see the bug glowing in his heart as it attempts to retaliate and we see a pained expression on his face. 

-----

Chapter 32:

小夭道:“你做的事,却要防风氏背黑锅,防风意映势必要为防风氏挡这飞来横祸,她是涂山族长的夫人,等于把涂山氏拖了进去。”

相柳冷笑道:“你以为我阻你成婚,只是为了让颛顼和四世家结怨吗?坦白和你说了吧!那不过只一半原因。”

“另一半呢?”

“涂山璟雇我去阻止你的婚事,他承诺,只要我能阻你成婚,给我三十七年的粮草钱。”

“什么?”小夭不敢相信自己听到的,璟竟然雇相柳去阻婚?

“不相信的话你可以自己去问问涂山璟。”

小夭说:“你什么时候能放我走?”

相柳无所谓地说:“我已得到我想要的,你要走,随时!”
Xiaoyao said: "What you did has to be blamed on Fangfeng. Fangfeng Yiying must protect Fangfeng from this sudden disaster. She is the wife of the Tushan clan leader, which is equivalent to dragging Tushan into it."

Xiangliu sneered: "Do you think I stopped you from getting married just to make Zhuanxu and the four families grudge against each other? I'll be honest with you! That's only half the reason."

"What about the other half?"

"Tushan Jing hired me to stop your marriage. He promised that as long as I can stop you from getting married, he would give me 37 years of food and grass money."

"What?" Xiaoyao couldn't believe what she heard. Jing actually hired Xiangliu to stop the marriage?

"If you don't believe it, you can ask Tu Shanjing yourself."

Xiaoyao said: "When can you let me go?"

Xiangliu said indifferently: "I have got what I want. You can leave at any time!"

Xiao Yao said, "You're doing this but making the Fangfeng clan take the blame. Fangfeng Yiying will inevitably shield the Fangfeng clan from this unexpected disaster. She is the wife of the Tu Shan clan leader, which means you're dragging the Tu Shan clan into this too."

Xiang Liu sneered, "Do you think I stopped your marriage just to make Zhuan Xu and the Four Great Families enemies? Let me be honest with you—that's only half the reason."

"And the other half?"

"Tu Shan Jing hired me to stop your wedding. He promised to pay me thirty-seven years' worth of provisions if I succeeded."

"What?" Xiao Yao couldn't believe what she was hearing. Jing actually hired Xiang Liu to stop the wedding?

"If you don't believe me, you can ask Tu Shan Jing yourself."

Xiao Yao asked, "When will you let me go?"

Xiang Liu said indifferently, "I've already gotten what I wanted. You can leave anytime you want!"

Xiao Yao asked, “You did what you wanted but you let the Fang Feng family bear the brunt of the consequences. Fang Feng Yi Yang must have to help her family weather the storm, and since she’s now the Tu Shan clan leader’s wife, even the Tu Shan clan has been dragged into it.”

Xiang Liu coldly laughed. “Did you think I kept you from getting married so that Zhuan Xu would get into a tiff with the Four Great Clans? I’ll tell you the truth, that was but half the reason!”

“The other half?”

“Tu Shan Jing hired me to go stop your wedding. He promised that if I could keep you from getting married, he would give me thirty-seven years worth of army provisions for the soldiers.”

“What?” Xiao Yao couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Jing hired Xiang Liu to ruin her wedding?

“If you don’t believe me you can go ask Tu Shan Jing yourself.”

Xiao Yao asked, “When are you going to let me leave?”

Xiang Liu casually said, “I already got what I wanted, you can leave anytime!

小夭转身就走,相柳说:“提醒你一声,蛊扔在,你若敢泄露防风邶就是我,休怪我让你心痛而死。”

小夭霍然止步,回身看着相柳。

相柳道:“不相信吗?”

小夭的心口犹如被利剑穿透,传来剧痛,她痛得四肢痉挛,软倒在地,狼狈地趴在草地上。

相柳犹如掌握着她生死的创世神祗,居高临下,冷漠地看着她:“不想死,不该说的话一句都不要说!”

小夭痛得面容煞白,额头全是冷汗,却仰起脸,笑着说:“这就是你没空去九黎解除蛊的原因吗?掌控我的生死,有朝一日来要挟我?好个厉害的相柳将军!”

相柳冷冷一笑,转身而去,一声长啸,踩在白雕背上,扶摇而上,消失在云霄间。

小夭的心痛消失,可刚才痛得太厉害,身子依旧没有力气,半晌后,她才恢复了一点力气,慢慢爬起来,步履蹒跚地向着镇子内走去。
Xiaoyao turned and left. Xiangliu said: "I remind you that the Gu is left here. If you dare to reveal that Fang Fengbei is me, don't blame me for making you die of heartache."

Xiaoyao stopped suddenly and turned to look at Xiangliu.

Xiangliu said: "Don't you believe it?"

Xiaoyao's heart felt as if it was pierced by a sharp sword. She felt a sharp pain. Her limbs were cramped in pain and she fell to the ground, lying on the grass in a mess.

Xiangliu looked down at her coldly, like a god of creation who controlled her life and death: "If you don't want to die, don't say anything you shouldn't say!"

Xiaoyao's face turned pale with pain, and her forehead was covered with cold sweat, but she looked up and said with a smile: "Is this why you don't have time to go to Jiuli to remove the poison? Control my life and death, and threaten me one day? What a powerful General Xiangliu!"

Xiangliu smiled coldly, turned away, let out a long roar, stepped on the back of the white eagle, soared up, and disappeared into the sky.

Xiaoyao's heartache disappeared, but the pain was too severe just now, and her body still had no strength. After a while, she recovered a little strength, slowly got up, and walked towards the town with a staggering step.

Xiao Yao turned and started to leave. Xiang Liu said, "Let me remind you, if you dare to reveal that Fangfeng Bei was actually me, don't blame me for making you die from heartache."

Xiao Yao stopped abruptly and turned back to look at Xiang Liu.

"Don't believe me?" Xiang Liu asked.

A sharp pain, as if a sword had pierced her heart, spread through Xiao Yao's chest. The pain was so intense that her limbs convulsed, and she collapsed onto the ground, lying helplessly on the grass.

Xiang Liu, like a god of creation holding her life in his hands, looked down at her coldly from above. "If you don't want to die, don't say a single word that you shouldn't."

Xiao Yao's face was deathly pale, and her forehead was covered in cold sweat. Despite the excruciating pain, she looked up and smiled, "Is this why you didn't have time to go to Jiuli to remove the gu? To control my life and death, so that one day you can use it to threaten me? Quite the formidable General Xiang Liu!"

Xiang Liu let out a cold laugh, turned away, and with a long whistle, leaped onto the back of a white eagle, soaring into the clouds and disappearing from sight.

The pain in Xiao Yao's heart subsided, but the agony had been so intense that her body was still weak. After a while, she regained some strength and slowly got up, staggering towards the town.

Xiao Yao turned to leave and Xiang Liu said, “A word of reminder, the voodoo bug still connects us so if you tell the world I’m Fang Feng Bei, don’t blame me if I hurt your heart and you die from the pain.”

Xiao Yao stopped and looked back at Xiang Liu.

“Don’t believe me?”

Xiao Yao’s heart was suddenly cut with so much pain like a sword pierced it, the pain so excruciating she fell on the ground in a slump.

Xiang Liu appeared to hold her life in his hands and he coldly said, “If you don’t want to die, then don’t say a word!”

Xiao Yao was in such pain her face was ashen and cold sweat dotted her face. She sat up and smiled, “Is this the reason you never had time to go to Jiu Li to break the voodoo bug? You want to control my life and death so that one day you can hold me hostage to your will? General Xiang Liu, you really are something!”

Xiang Liu smiled and turned to leave. With a whistle his white condor descended and he vaulted on its back and disappeared in the clouds.

The pain in Xiao Yao’s heart vanished but it was so painful that her body was still weak and needed some time to recover her strength. After some time, she slowly got up and walked towards town.

Chapter 26:

Note that in this chapter, XY's painful heartache is caused by seeing TSJ, but she masks her pain with a fake smile. XL uses the bug connection to speed up XY's heartbeat in order to disrupt the thoughts that are causing her painful heartache, to cast away her fake smile, and to cause XY and TSJ to interact for the first time since TSJ's marriage. 

XY later tries to control the bug connection herself and is not able to do so. She concludes that even though she was the one who raised the bugs, they are obeying XL because he is strong (he has high spiritual power) and not obeying XY because she is weak (she has low spiritual power). 

小夭已一年多没见过璟,看到他这样子,小夭保持着微笑,静静地站在西陵族长身后。还记得归墟海中,他扯落发冠时,她的心悸情动,也记得耳鬓厮磨时,她指间绕着他的发,一头青丝、满心情思。一切就好似昨日,却已是青丝染霜,情思断裂。

小夭只觉心如被一只大手撕扯着,痛得好似就要碎裂,她却依旧笑意盈盈。突然,她的心剧烈地跳动起来,小夭再维持不住微笑,这就好像一个人能面不改色地忍受刀剑刺入的疼痛,却无法在剧烈运动之后,控制自己的脸色和呼吸。小夭不禁抚着自己的心口,深吸了几口气。

馨悦忙扶住她,担心地问:“你没事吧?”

小夭强笑着摇摇头,西陵族长看她面色发红,忙说:“我忘记你身体不好了,赶紧坐下休息一会儿。”

馨悦扶着小夭坐在了璟的坐席上。

璟焦灼地一手握住小夭的手腕,一手握着酒杯,化酒为雾。众人都知道涂山氏的障术可惑人五感,用来止疼最是便捷,所以都没觉得奇怪。

心依旧在剧烈地跳着,跳得她全身的血都好似往头部涌,小夭忍不住喃喃说:“相柳,你有完没完?”

其他人只隐约听到完没完,璟离得最近,又十分熟悉小夭的语声,将一句话听了个十分清楚。

心跳慢慢恢复了正常,小夭轻轻挣脱了璟的手:“谢谢,我好了。”
Xiaoyao hadn't seen Jing for more than a year. Seeing him like this, Xiaoyao kept smiling and stood quietly behind the Xiling clan leader. She still remembered her palpitations when he pulled off her hair crown in Guixu Sea, and she also remembered her fingers twisting his hair when they were rubbing against each other's ears, with her black hair and full of thoughts. Everything seemed like yesterday, but her black hair was already frost-stained and her thoughts were broken.

Xiaoyao felt as if her heart was being torn by a big hand, and it hurt as if it was about to break, but she was still smiling. Suddenly, her heart beat violently, and Xiaoyao could no longer maintain her smile, just like a person who can endure the pain of a sword piercing without changing his face, but cannot control his face and breathing after intense exercise. Xiaoyao couldn't help but touch her heart and take a few deep breaths.

Xinyue hurriedly supported her and asked worriedly, "Are you okay?"

Xiaoyao forced a smile and shook her head. Seeing her blushing face, the Xiling clan leader hurriedly said, "I forgot that you were not feeling well. Hurry up and sit down and rest for a while."

Xinyue helped Xiaoyao sit on Jing's seat.

Jing anxiously held Xiaoyao's wrist with one hand and held the wine glass with the other, turning the wine into mist. Everyone knew that Tushan's barrier technique could confuse people's five senses and was the most convenient way to relieve pain, so no one thought it was strange.

Her heart was still beating violently, and it seemed that all the blood in her body was rushing to her head. Xiaoyao couldn't help but mutter, "Xiangliu, are you done?"

Others only vaguely heard whether it was over or not. Jing was closest and very familiar with Xiaoyao's voice, so he heard the words very clearly.

Her heartbeat slowly returned to normal, and Xiaoyao gently broke free from Jing's hand: "Thank you, I'm fine."

Xiao Yao hadn't seen Jing for over a year. Seeing him like this, she maintained a smile and stood quietly behind the leader of the Xiling clan. She remembered how, in the Guixu Sea, her heart had fluttered when he pulled off his hair crown, and she remembered the times they spent together, her fingers entangled in his hair, a head full of black hair and a heart full of feelings. It all seemed like yesterday, yet now his black hair was streaked with frost, and their feelings had been severed.

Xiao Yao felt as if a giant hand was tearing at her heart, the pain almost shattering it, but she continued to smile brightly. Suddenly, her heart began to pound violently. She could no longer maintain her smile; it was like someone who could endure the pain of a sword piercing without changing their expression, but couldn't control their face and breathing after intense exertion. Xiao Yao couldn't help but press her hand to her chest, taking several deep breaths.

Xinyue quickly supported her, asking worriedly, "Are you okay?"

Xiao Yao forced a smile and shook her head. The leader of the Xiling clan, noticing her flushed face, said hurriedly, "I forgot about your health condition. Sit down and rest for a while."

Xinyue helped Xiao Yao to Jing's seat.

Jing anxiously grasped Xiao Yao's wrist with one hand while holding a wine cup with the other, transforming the wine into mist. Everyone knew that the art of illusion from the Tushan clan could deceive the five senses, making it the most convenient for pain relief, so no one found it strange.

Her heart still pounded violently, making her blood seem to rush to her head. Xiao Yao couldn't help but mutter, "Xiang Liu, will you ever stop?"

The others only vaguely heard the words "ever stop," but Jing, being the closest and very familiar with Xiao Yao's voice, heard the entire sentence clearly.

Her heartbeat gradually returned to normal. Xiao Yao gently withdrew her hand from Jing's. "Thank you, I'm fine now."

Xiao Yao hadn’t seen Jing in over a year and seeing him like this, Xiao Yao maintained her smile and quietly stood next to the Xi Ling clan leader. She remembered in the ocean when he let his hair loose, the stirring in her heart. She remembered twining his hair around her fingers, each strand was a longing. Everything felt like yesterday but it was already black hair turned white and all longing severed.

Xiao Yao felt her heart was being clawed at by a large hand, so painful it was like being ripped apart. She could only keep smiling when suddenly she felt her heart violently beating. Xiao Yao couldn’t maintain her fake smile anymore, much like a person could endure severe pain without any change in expression yet couldn’t control exhibiting bodily reaction to intense exercise. Xiao Yao clutched her chest and took a few deep breaths.

Xing Yue hurriedly assisted her and asked in concern, “Are you okay?”

Xiao Yao smiled and shook her head. The Xi Ling clan leader saw her face flushed bright red and quickly said “I remember your constitution is not strong, hurry and sit down to rest.”

Xing Yue helped Xiao Yao to sit down at Jing’s table.

Jing anxiously put one hand on Xiao Yao’s wrist while his other clutched the wine cup and transformed the wine into a fog. Everyone knew the Tu Shan clan had the power to mystify which was very useful for taking away pain. No one thought it weird what Jing was doing.

Her heart continued to beat wildly and strongly, so much that she felt like all her blood was rushing into her head. Xiao Yao couldn’t control it and muttered under her breath, “Xiang Liu, will you cut it out already?”

Everyone only heard “cut it out already”, but Jing was sitting closest to her and he was completely familiar with Xiao Yao’s voice, so he heard every word she said.

Her heartbeat started to return to normal and Xiao Yao gently pulled her hand away from Jing, “Thank you, I’m fine now.”
一阵喝彩声传来,小夭随意扫了一眼,却眼角跳了跳,停下脚步,凝神看去。只看案上摆了一溜酒碗,一群年轻人正斗酒取乐,防风邶穿着一袭白色锦袍,懒洋洋地笑着。

小夭驱策体内的蛊,却没有丝毫反应,小夭气绝,这到底是她养的蛊,还是相柳养的蛊?相柳能控制她,她却完全无法控制相柳!难道蛊都懂得欺软怕硬?
A burst of cheers came, Xiaoyao glanced casually, but her eyes twitched, she stopped and looked at it intently. There were a row of wine bowls on the table, and a group of young people were drinking for fun. Fangfeng Bei was wearing a white brocade robe and smiling lazily.

Xiaoyao drove the Gu in her body, but there was no reaction at all. Xiaoyao died. Was this the Gu she raised, or the Gu raised by Xiangliu? Xiangliu could control her, but she couldn't control Xiangliu at all! Could it be that Gu knew how to bully the weak and fear the strong?

A burst of cheers came, and Xiao Yao glanced casually but then her eyelids twitched. She stopped in her tracks and looked attentively. On the table, a row of wine bowls was lined up, and a group of young people were having fun competing in a drinking game. Among them, Fang Fengbei, dressed in a white silk robe, was lazily smiling.

Xiao Yao tried to control the gu inside her, but it didn’t respond at all. She was exasperated. Was this gu raised by her or by Xiang Liu? Xiang Liu could control her, yet she couldn't control Xiang Liu at all! Did even the gu know how to bully the weak and fear the strong?

The sound of loud cheers reached her and Xiao Yao glanced over and her eyebrows jumped and she stopped her footsteps. She stared at a table with a bowl in the middle and lots of young men were drinking and making merry. Fang Feng Bei, wearing a white embroidered robe, was standing there with a lazy smile.

Xiao Yao felt the voodoo bug in her body but got no response. Xiao Yao gave up, was she the one who raised the bug or was it Xiang Liu? Xiang Liu could control her but she couldn’t control Xiang Liu at all! Could it be that even voodoo bugs know how to fear the strong and sneer at the weak?

liddi:
He revealed that knowingly allowed Zhu Yu to steal from him while he and A Heng were in bed. As such, he believed that A Heng used her body to seduce him just to get the jade egg. He was furious and hurt because he would have given the entire egg to her if she had only asked him. His suspicions also stemmed from the fact that in previous years, she refused his advances during the Peach Flower Festival, and believed that she only accepted it immediately this year, when the jade egg was at stake. He had always felt threatened by Shao Hao as well since it was common knowledge that she was deeply in love with Shao Hao.

Chi You knew that Zhu Yu was stealing his half of the jade egg while he and Ah Heng were in bed, but instead of confronting Zhu Yu he waited and followed Ah Heng and saw her give her half of the jade egg to Zhu Yu?

liddi:
I can't tell you how upset I was when they reconciled. At the time, I was really rooting for her to be with Shao Hao, which was quite ironic considering I already knew what happened in the end. But Chi Chen proved with his actions that he was worthy of the second chance she gave him.

You were rooting for Ah Heng to be with Shao Hao? Even though she felt that Shao Hao valued her less than half of the jade egg?

XY basically had four suitors. Did Ah Heng ever have other suitors, apart from Chi You and Shao Hao? Or maybe it would've been too crowded if Ah Heng had more suitors, since her story also included her brothers?

Would you say that Chi You basically correlates to XL, Shao Hao correlates a bit to Feng Long and a bit to TSJ, and Ah Heng's brothers sort of correlate to CX?

liddi:
Yes. It was almost like Xiang Liu hurting Xiao Yao with his cruel words during her wedding to Feng Long and after, at Qingshui Town. Except that he never allowed her to find out that it was all not true, unlike Chi Chen and A Heng, who died, knowing that they loved each other. 

</3

What bothers me is how so many jing's fans keep spreading misinformations on the mdl's main page, making it harder for people who know nothing about lyf to pick up the drama. The part with XY being scared and tormented by XL especially is too much for me to digest. She was the one who went looking for him after XL didn't look for her for months, with the excuse about tianer's brotel. Is this the behaviour of someone who's afraid? It's obvious that she was the first to miss him and wanted to see him, giving that XL didn't give her any sign after she draw the 9 heads on his face. No one forced her to look for him, XL obviously didn't. She traded something small for something big, yet so many jing's fans keep saying she was frightened by XL, especially during their QS's days. 

About the bugs, I personally don't believe XL had the power to control both of the bugs, but only his. XY's bug never tried to retaliate, regardless of the way she acted with Jing. Lovers raise the lovers bugs, non lovers raise the heartbreak bugs, so the way I see it, she was always loyal to XL. 

blabla100:

What bothers me is how so many jing's fans keep spreading misinformations on the mdl's main page, making it harder for people who know nothing about lyf to pick up the drama. The part with XY being scared and tormented by XL especially is too much for me to digest. She was the one who went looking for him after XL didn't look for her for months, with the excuse about tianer's brotel. Is this the behaviour of someone who's afraid? It's obvious that she was the first to miss him and wanted to see him, giving that XL didn't give her any sign after she draw the 9 heads on his face. No one forced her to look for him, XL obviously didn't. She traded something small for something big, yet so many jing's fans keep saying she was frightened by XL, especially during their QS's days. 

The crap coming out of soTreeD and Winny is ridiculous.  Fortunately, they are only excreting all over the season 2 comments, and season 1 is free of them, so new viewers can make their own decisions.

Many Jing fans will say anything to trash YaoLiu's love line, whether it makes sense or not.  Of course, XY isn't afraid of XL, after surviving their first encounter.  What you said, plus if you are afraid of someone, you don't mock and humiliate them like she did with XL, by drawing all over his face with charcoal.  smh