Kokuto:
Oh no!!! I thought Stay With Me was supposed to be a coming of age drama, and didn't have any comedy! Yeah, I don't think it did well at all, but I could be wrong. I wasn't really following it. On the other hand, this definitely looks like they were shooting for farce during the comedy parts.

The Stay With Me that I'm thinking of stars Wang Kai and Joe Chen, both actors are way past the age where they "come of age". The comedy in that was also rather farcical as well. I think there were fantasy sequences where our female lead fantasized about the male lead being a vampire and sucking her blood. The tone was just really off and didn't go with the character or the general vibes of the drama. 

Kokuto:
If they manage to pull of poignant romance with scenes of a woman looking like the Looney Toons Wiley Coyote after he's been blown up, I will be STUNNED. lol

Heh! That would be quite a feat. Well done comedy is quite hard to do well.

Kokuto:
Heheheh ... Come on... with a name like Mr. Grumpy Pants, you know his dignity is regularly abused. lol

Now I'm imagining XL trying to explain to Hong Jiang why there are flowers in his hair. hahahahaha

I have you know that he was born grumpy, OK. I merely named him after his temperament :-). Besides, he secretly likes having all those fripperies in his locks. He's extremely secure in his masculinity so they don't phase him. They make him feel extra pretty. He's actually grumpy if I don't his hair, 'cause he'll look like an electrocuted troll, as liddi said. And you know how particular he is with his appearance :-)

I swear ... if this is only for a music video, I will SCREAM.  But as if the comedy / farce wasn't enough, it looks like there will indeed be a costume  / fantasy scene in Filter.  I have now seen four actors in costume, including that video I posted earlier of Tan Jian Ci.

It's been a day filled with trepidation for Tan Jian Ci fans ...  does this mean what I think it means?  I'm afraid.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5jf2gJ8C2XU?si=3GlpApIdnR68Jhc5

Kokuto:

It's been a day filled with trepidation for Tan Jian Ci fans ...  does this mean what I think it means?  I'm afraid.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5jf2gJ8C2XU?si=3GlpApIdnR68Jhc5

Awesome! Looks like he is going to be immortalised at Madame Tussauds'! Congratulations TJC!

Kokuto:
I swear ... if this is only for a music video, I will SCREAM.  But as if the comedy / farce wasn't enough, it looks like there will indeed be a costume  / fantasy scene in Filter.  I have now seen four actors in costume, including that video I posted earlier of Tan Jian Ci.

Please not just for a music video. That was the only scene I was looking forward to in LMLMV, which never materialised in the drama. To be fair, I still listen to LMLMV's soundtrack, which is one of its saving grace. Incidentally, I don't recall seeing leaked pictures of TJC in costume for Filter. Can you please share them if they are available?

Kokuto:
Yes, that's his character's name!  So it IS the male version of the FL!  This could be interesting.  lol

I wonder what kind of funny interactions they would share in the drama! I wonder whether his character would pull a Wen Xiao Liu, lying there sprawled out, daring Tang Qi to go ahead touch him and stop accusing him of being a woman? That would be really amusing to see if we actually get a scene like that LOL

Wang Hong Yi appears to have a good relationship with TJC. It was extremely touching to see how TJC looked after him last year, even recruiting Yang Di and the others to put him at ease, after he confided about his sleeplessness and extreme anxiety going to Hi!6, his first large-scale variety show. 

Kokuto:
Oh my ... singing it badly.

Yes - basically tone deaf singing, butchering a perfectly good song LOL. Now I am even more keen than ever to watch Filter and keep my eyes peeled for any Xiang Liu-related easter eggs.

Kokuto:
I'm still holding out hope that we don't get all those changes.  At the very least, stick with what's in the book... there will be enough tears generated from that.

Maybe she just needs to put a sign up in the back ground that says "Blame Tencent".  LOL!

Yes. Please let a miracle happen and give us a version that does not butcher the novel and the characters.  LOL to pushing the blame to Tencent! But no, no shifting of blame required or wanted. Just a good adaptation that is faithful to the source material.

Kokuto:
Electrocuted / Troll look! hahahahah ... it must be XL's natural bed head state.  He has to use hispiritual power every day to get that tidy, smooth long haired look.

hahaha! It's time to introduce him to a very useful, magical tool called "the comb", which would get the job done without wasting any spiritual powers!

liddi:
Please not just for a music video. That was the only scene I was looking forward to in LMLMV, which never materialised in the drama. To be fair, I still listen to LMLMV's soundtrack, which is one of its saving grace. Incidentally, I don't recall seeing leaked pictures of TJC in costume for Filter. Can you please share them if they are available?

I really felt robbed in LMLMV with the lack of a costumed segment for Tan Jian Ci.  Especially since he looked so good.  But yes, that soundtrack for the drama is so awesome.  I'm surprised we don't see Tan Jian Ci singing more of those songs in performances.

I've only seen one video of Tan Jian Ci's historical costume, and no pics.  I thought I had posted it here, but apparently not.  It is different from the other characters, which seem more fantasy.

https://x.com/aienvu/status/1767734139221143960

liddi:
causing Tang Yuexi to lose the one he loves again and again.

I swear I have seen this description hundreds of times already. It's all starting to become a blur hahahahahaha

Kokuto:
I really felt robbed in LMLMV with the lack of a costumed segment for Tan Jian Ci.  Especially since he looked so good.  

Totally agree.

Kokuto:
I'm surprised we don't see Tan Jian Ci singing more of those songs in performances.

Perhaps they will be showcased in his personal concert, which he mentioned plans of holding this year?

Kokuto:
I've only seen one video of Tan Jian Ci's historical costume, and no pics.  I thought I had posted it here, but apparently not.  It is different from the other characters, which seem more fantasy.

If not for the post comment that it was from Filter, I would have thought this was another costume from Go East. Very keen to see how the historical element is incorporated in the drama. Do you think there might be a dream sequence where Tang Qi finds himself as Xiang Liu? I would love to see that happen!

nathsketch:

I swear I have seen this description hundreds of times already. It's all starting to become a blur hahahahahaha

A blur or phobia? Bai Xiaoyu losing Wang Jinjin, and now Tang Qi losing Su Chengcheng? I won't include Xiao Yao since Xiang Liu did not lose her... she was the one who lost him.

Incidentally, it just occurred to me that the name of TJC's character changed from the early days when I first translated the synopsis. Back in Nov 2023 when I first saw the synopsis, his name was 唐越溪 Tang Yuexi, but now he is called 唐奇 Tang Qi. I don't see any name changes for the rest of the characters... wonder what prompted the amendment.

The latest synopsis translated by aleen_leen on Twitter indicates that the two will work together to make 千鸟集 Thousand Birds Collection into a high end cosmetic brand with uniquely Chinese elements (perhaps that's where the historical costume segment comes in, @Kokuto ?). Finally Su Chengcheng realises that rather than viewing beauty as the only solution, happiness can be achieved by being true to oneself while facing the most authentic life, and working hard to chase one's dreams.

liddi:

Noooooo... say it isn't soooo! Let me stay in my cloud of delusion for a little longer!

I found you something liddi.

You'll be well protected against season 2 coming to attack you :-)

Kokuto:
I swear ... if this is only for a music video, I will SCREAM. But as if the comedy / farce wasn't enough, it looks like there will indeed be a costume / fantasy scene in Filter.

Are they going for the "everything plus the kitchen sink" approach? Expectations getting lower by the day :-)

nathsketch:

Just lower your expectations nath! You'll be less disappointed that way.

I'm such an optimistic ray of sunshine, aren't I :-)

liddi:
Do you think there might be a dream sequence where Tang Qi finds himself as Xiang Liu? I would love to see that happen!

I thought I (and nathsketch's) got it bad, but I think you take the cake liddi :-). 

Maybe TH will write a scene where Tang Qi as Xiang Liu gets brought back to life. Maybe this will be her way of giving the XL's fans closure after torturing them all these years? Dare I hope?

liddi:
Incidentally, it just occurred to me that the name of TJC's character changed from the early days when I first translated the synopsis. Back in Nov 2023 when I first saw the synopsis, his name was 唐越溪 Tang Yuexi, but now he is called 唐奇 Tang Qi.

Any meaning to the names that would make the change significant, liddi?

TJC only have 2 costume dramas left to air: Winner Is King and Go East. We probably won't see go East until at least the end of this year; most likely the next. Goodness knows when Winner Is King will be set free. Although, I'm more hopeful to see that than the day that TH will give me a happy ending for XL. She's just evil!!

HeadInTheClouds:
I found you something liddi.

HeadInTheClouds:
You'll be well protected against season 2 coming to attack you :-)

LOL!! Everyone and everything would need to give me a wide berth, not just S2!

HeadInTheClouds:
I thought I (and nathsketch's) got it bad, but I think you take the cake liddi :-). 

I'll gladly step up as long as you're offering lemon curd sponge cake!

HeadInTheClouds:
Maybe TH will write a scene where Tang Qi as Xiang Liu gets brought back to life. Maybe this will be her way of giving the XL's fans closure after torturing them all these years? Dare I hope?

Lemme share that cake with you - looks like you earned it too! But seriously though, I would be so thrilled if she even gave us something, anything - perhaps the rumoured Hi!6 special which was filmed with Xiang Liu in red could make an appearance? More cake for you?

HeadInTheClouds:
Any meaning to the names that would make the change significant, liddi?

The term 越溪 yuè xī is used to refer to the place (river / creek) where one of the Four Great Beauties of Chinese history, 西施 Xi Shi from the 越 Yue kingdom washed laundry when she was discovered by Fan Li. She would then be trained and sent to seduce the enemy king Fu Chai and bring about the downfall of the Wu kingdom.

奇 qí can either mean "rare" or "unusual".

Unfortunately, I have no clue as to the rationale of changing the character's name from Tang Yuexi to Tang Qi. Perhaps Tang Qi rolls smoother on the tongue? No idea....

HeadInTheClouds:
Goodness knows when Winner Is King will be set free. Although, I'm more hopeful to see that than the day that TH will give me a happy ending for XL.

I really hope that the increasing amount of leaks for Winner is King is a positive indication that perhaps it will be allowed to air some day in the (near) future. And it does say a lot when a happy ending for Xiang Liu is deemed less likely than the broadcast of a drama subject to censorship laws. Rather than hoping for a happy ending for Xiang Liu, I would be happy if she would just revisit her unfinished LYF prequel 千方相 and give us more of Xiang Liu. In that timeline, little Xiao Yao was already at Jade Mountain while Xiang Liu was in pursuit of those who switched loyalties and betrayed Shen Nong. Who knows, they could have had a chance to cross paths at Jade Mountain even briefly. If only...

Sorry that I did not followed this thread lately. Thus I might miss some information. 

I have a question about "Love has firework". I have seen a lot of news/information about it lately on facebook. The reservation is above 600k. Is there airing schedule for it? I also saw rumor that the drama was sold to IQIYI. 

On the other hand, Yang Zi's modern, female centric drama (best choice ever) is begun airing today. She broke 30 million heat on Tecent even before the drama is on airing. It shows that she has a huge and active fanbase in China. 

H19279:
I have a question about "Love has firework". I have seen a lot of news/information about it lately on facebook. The reservation is above 600k. Is there airing schedule for it? I also saw rumor that the drama was sold to IQIYI.

Sadly, there's no official announcement on the air date or schedule for Love Has Fireworks.

Rumor has it will air in late April or perhaps the beginning of May, after Best Choice Ever.  It's still going to be a Tencent show, but I think in some countries (Indonesia) iQiYi has bought a license to show it.

I hadn't heard the reservation was that high.  That's great news!

Everytime I think I've seen all of the Tan Jian Ci appearances, another one pops up.  This is a clip from his appearance in March 2019 on Happy Camp, the predecessor of Hello Saturday.  Apparently, he's on some sort of dating game where one of the bachelorettes is ... Bai Lu!!

Plus, he does a magic trick.

https://fb.watch/rk_pDj0Z6d/

And here's the link to the full episode, which has more of Tan Jian Ci, but no subs.

https://youtu.be/DvwSb7fcsHY?si=edjazZVAft_IwCVD