My interest in this movie is slipping away by the second T_T

They really weren’t bold enough to keep the ending as it is in the book :(

nathsketch:

I'm the opposite.  I can't wait to see it. ;p

Thank you for the reviews and discussion about the movie.  I'm going to digest it... and watch the clips again.  lol

nathsketch:

Do give it a go. It is such a treat to see him on the silver screen (there is no hope of watching 秘岸 Lost Indulgence in cinemas where I am), and he gives an excellent performance as always.

Kokuto:
I'm the opposite.  I can't wait to see it. ;p

Thank you for the reviews and discussion about the movie.  I'm going to digest it... and watch the clips again.  lol

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! When does it air where you are?

liddi:
the old Xuan Yuan king in LYF, and probably the first and only advocate of YaoLiu, through his intensified overtures to convince Xiang Liu to defect after perceiving how Xiao Yao felt about him.

In this case, he used the wrong method. After all those years, he should have known that XL was not going to defect. He thinks too little of XL if he thought that XY was enough of an incentive for XL to change his mind. I felt that XY's family enabled her too much. They both restricted her and enabled her. Due to their feelings of guilt, they just let her do what she wants without actually providing solid guidance that would have supported her healing and development. Unfortunately, I don't think they know how to do that themselves. It would just be the blinds leading the blind. 

liddi:
Yup. And I agree that Bai Xiaoyu should have been as resolute as Xiang Liu in the end,

I think an acknowledgment of their unhealthy dynamic and issues would have been a great start. They could have ended with the couple agreeing to start over, acknowledging that they still love one another, but that there are things that they need to work on. That would have been both realistic and hopeful.

liddi:
Realistically, I believe that romantic love is all fine and good, but it is not all that matters, something which romances tend to overinflate. In that regard, I would agree with Tong Hua that romantic love should not be the be all and end all, but one should first be the best version of oneself, rather than expecting love to make them whole.

Absolutely. There are so many kinds of love, romantic love is only one of them. Society has idolized romantic love to an extent that is rather unhealthy. Too many people looking for another person to complete them when they should be working on completing themselves. Can you imagine the pressure on your partner to complete you or be responsible for your happiness? Not healthy or sustainable at all. Having a loving, supportive partner is awesome. But if you're not enough on your own, you'll never be enough with another person. 

Someone should have smacked a certain character with this knowledge :-)

nathsketch:

Don't let our opinions deter you. You might have a very different experience. But if you're just not interested in this kind of movie/story then don't force yourself :-). You can also watch it to follow TJC's acting. Just think about it. This movie is like 2 episodes of LYF, and if you could sit through two of those with minimal TJC (and putting up with Jing), this would be a piece of cake. You'll get lots of TJC and ZERO, I repeat ZERO Jing :-).

This certainly was not on the app when I initially booked and watched "I Miss You", but clearly, one or more of the TGV cinema app admins love TJC, seeing how the movie is now labelled as "爱 JC-T" (Love JC-T) - particularly significant when other movies on the app get generic labels, e.g. IMAX-KPOP, CONCERT TIME, NEW etc. Can't say I blame them!

liddi:
Do give it a go. It is such a treat to see him on the silver screen (there is no hope of watching 秘岸 Lost Indulgence in cinemas where I am), and he gives an excellent performance as always.

Yep, but I won't be able to watch it on the silver screen anyway, which is fine because this is not the kind of movie I would normally go to the cinema to see. So whenever it drops, it's fine. The reviews you guys wrote also helped quell my impatience, so thank you :D

liddi:
Can't wait to hear your thoughts! When does it air where you are?

Kokuto and I and a few others here were left in the lurch. No Tan on the big screen for us.

HeadInTheClouds:
This movie is like 2 episodes of LYF, and if you could sit through two of those with minimal TJC (and putting up with Jing), this would be a piece of cake.

Ahahaha Jing is horrendous, but I was thinking it can't possibly be worse than 33 episodes of Love Me Love My Voice. Now that was painful. At least the movie has a plot.

liddi:
I would agree with Tong Hua that romantic love should not be the be all and end all, but one should first be the best version of oneself, rather than expecting love to make them whole.

Then why in the Chenrong hell did she decide to end Lost You Forever the way she did? It's the complete opposite of this empowering message.

HeadInTheClouds:
In this case, he used the wrong method. After all those years, he should have known that XL was not going to defect. He thinks too little of XL if he thought that XY was enough of an incentive for XL to change his mind.

Not quite. I don't believe the old Xuan Yuan king thought that dangling Xiao Yao as a carrot would increase the chances of Xiang Liu defecting. Rather, I see it as Xiao Yao's feelings for Xiang Liu being an added impetus and urgency for him to try and secure Xiang Liu's allegiance, so that the tragedy that befell A Heng and Chi Chen would not be repeated. 

HeadInTheClouds:
Someone should have smacked a certain character with this knowledge :-)

Because the hardened shell she built around her protected a heart that was fragile and stunted in its emotional growth. She was very objective when she analysed Tian Er's dependence on Chuan Zi, but while she gave Tian Er her own sense of self-worth back by teaching her medical skills, she believed there was no one who could do the same for her. Unbeknownst to her, that was exactly what Xiang Liu was trying to do from the start - enable and teach her to live well without ever having to depend on anyone else. And still, it took his death for her to finally find that courage to grasp the life she really wanted.

nathsketch:
Kokuto and I and a few others here were left in the lurch. No Tan on the big screen for us.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it is available for all of you sometime soon, even if you are less than keen to watch it.

nathsketch:
it can't possibly be worse than 33 episodes of Love Me Love My Voice. Now that was painful. At least the movie has a plot.

I did not even survive past Ep1 of LMLMV - much as I love TJC, that drama was not my cup of tea at all. Love its soundtrack though, which is still on my playlist! So yes, the movie is a far better (and realistic) offering.

nathsketch:
Then why in the Chenrong hell did she decide to end Lost You Forever the way she did? It's the complete opposite of this empowering message.

Perhaps that message is meant to be seen in Xiang Liu and even Cang Xuan, whose worth was not defined by another person, even if it was someone they truly loved - a total contrast to Jing, and to a certain extent Xiao Yao. And we see it only in Xiao Yao at the very end, when her despair over his death finally drove her to break free.

Who's watching Winner Is King? I need them to share the link asap!!! All these snippets...

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/irXWKjHaYCrExGss/?mibextid=A7sQZp

liddi:

This certainly was not on the app when I initially booked and watched "I Miss You", but clearly, one or more of the TGV cinema app admins love TJC, seeing how the movie is now labelled as "爱 JC-T" (Love JC-T) - particularly significant when other movies on the app get generic labels, e.g. IMAX-KPOP, CONCERT TIME, NEW etc. Can't say I blame them!

Not just the app admins, but whoever runs their social media probably does as well. I think there was a post on their Facebook page promoting the movie by including numerous photos of TJC. One of him as XL, of course. His fans are dedicated:-)

HeadInTheClouds:

Not just the app admins, but whoever runs their social media probably does as well. I think there was a post on their Facebook page promoting the movie by including numerous photos of TJC. One of him as XL, of course. His fans are dedicated:-)

You're right! I just snuck a peek at TGV's Facebook page and the FB admins outright declared that they at TGV are also TJC's fans. This certainly explains the fangirling label on the cinema booking app itself!

HeadInTheClouds:

Who's watching Winner Is King? I need them to share the link asap!!! All these snippets...

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/irXWKjHaYCrExGss/?mibextid=A7sQZp

Definitely hope that it will broadcast some time in the near future.