We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:
Also, I think it was HeadInTheClouds who was recommending A Journey to Love ... the director of that drama also directed Winner is King.

I'm enjoying A Journey to Love. 

This director also directed Guardians, the BL that started Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu. I mentioned this drama previously on this thread. With what we've seen from Guardians and A Journey to Love, Winner is King looks very promising.

I saw on Facebook a few days ago a post saying that the ban on BL dramas is potentially getting lifted because of the economic downturns in CDrama land, and we may get these dramas next year. Take this with an ocean of salt. If anyone here is on Weibo, maybe they can substantiate or refute this gossip.

nathsketch:

Yeah I’ll be doing that, definitely! Though I don’t mind him being with Xiao Yao anymore. I’m really cured. It’s a refreshing feeling. Let’s see how long this lasts, though.

Hahahahah

Drama Xiao Yao deserved the deadweight dreg that is Jing. Although it appears that they are doing their best to make him less pathetic in the drama.

nathsketch:
But that’s just it!! He’s the best thing in this drama!! So I feel like I can’t just not watch it. It’s the whole plot that is annoying. Right from the start.

Just wait for the show to finish airing and watch the compilations of the cute/kissing scenes. There is no need to make yourself suffer through something that you don't enjoy. Your time is precious, used it on things that you do like

HeadInTheClouds:

I'm enjoying A Journey to Love. 

This director also directed Guardians, the BL that started Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu. I mentioned this drama previously on this thread. With what we've seen from Guardians and A Journey to Love, Winner is King looks very promising.

I saw on Facebook a few days ago a post saying that the ban on BL dramas is potentially getting lifted because of the economic downturns in CDrama land, and we may get these dramas next year. Take this with an ocean of salt. If anyone here is on Weibo, maybe they can substantiate or refute this gossip. 

Maybe a couple of oceans of salt.  I think it's more wishful thinking.  That said, the dollar, or yuan speaks loudly.  If any of BL would get the green light, I would think Winner is King is a good candidate, with both leads being hot this year.  Immortality also has a hot lead with Leo, but not sure about the other guy whose name escapes me now.

But yes, knowing they share the same director, makes me want to watch A Journey to Love.

Kokuto:
Maybe a couple of oceans of salt. I think it's more wishful thinking. That said, the dollar, or yuan speaks loudly. If any of BL would get the green light, I would think Winner is King is a good candidate, with both leads being hot this year. Immortality also has a hot lead with Leo, but not sure about the other guy whose name escapes me now.

Money talks, that's for sure. 

The other dude is Chen Fei Yu (I think that's how you spell his name). He's definitely a big deal considering that he's not just restricted to dramas, but also worked in the movies side of things. Not an "idol", but a raising star. Not to mention his daddy is an influential director in the industry. With both TJC and his co-star breaking out this year, the investor would push for Winner is King to be air if they could.

Kokuto:
Immortality also has a hot lead with Leo, but not sure about the other guy whose name escapes me now.

Chen Feiyu aka Chen Kaige's son. Now if that isn't c-ent royalty, I don't know what is. He was in a movie recently with Zhou Ye.

Zhou Yuan Zhou, the director of A Journey To Love/Guardian/Winner is King is a solid director, he's professional and knows what he's doing. I'm iffy about Chen Zheyuan's acting, but at least I know there's not going be ugly and unflattering camera work (I'm looking at you, Chu Yui Bun). Also, Winner is King has Li Hongyi (who I personally like even as I think his acting is...well, off and on).

HeadInTheClouds:

Money talks, that's for sure. 

The other dude is Chen Fei Yu (I think that's how you spell his name). He's definitely a big deal considering that he's not just restricted to dramas, but also worked in the movies side of things. Not an "idol", but a raising star. Not to mention his daddy is an influential director in the industry. With both TJC and his co-star breaking out this year, the investor would push for Winner is King to be air if they could. 

Oh yes!  I'm familiar with his dad, Chen Kaige.  But I haven't seen anything with him.  I heard Lighter and Princess was good, though.  So, maybe Immortality would have a bigger push.

But, of course, the one I want to see is Winner is King.  Here's hoping the investors can push. :)

Kokuto:
Everything goes down hill for Jing, from the point you stopped, I think.

That's a comfort :)

I'm pure evil, aren't I? Hahahahaha

Kokuto:
I'll set the clock. :)

atmospheres:

Chen Feiyu aka Chen Kaige's son. Now if that isn't c-ent royalty, I don't know what is.

Zhou Yuan Zhou, the director of A Journey To Love/Guardian/Winner is King is a solid director, he's professional and knows what he's doing. I'm iffy about Chen Zeyuan's acting, but at least I know there's not going be ugly and unflattering camera work (I'm looking at you, Chu Yui Bun).

Good to know on the director Zhou Yuan Zhou.  I only watched a couple of episodes of the Princess and the Werewolf (don't judge me), but dropped it - it was ... cheesey and I wasn't in the mood for cheese at that time.  He was mostly running around with a hood or his face covered with a tattoo, so I didn't really see much of him or his acting.  But after Hidden Love, he seems to be getting a push / be in demand.

nathsketch:

That's a comfort :)

I'm pure evil, aren't I? Hahahahaha

LOL!

HeadInTheClouds:
I'm laughing at the fact that too much brainless sugar has you and nathsketh scrambling for some LFY's pain. It's like Goldilocks - we want just the right amount to be satisfied.

This is so relatable. First I wanted a happy ending for Xiang Liu. Now that happy ending for Mo is making me cringe to Chenrong and back hahahaha

I legit don't know what I want. They need to learn something about balance. I don't need thousands of arrows but I also don't need that truckload of sugar. Maybe something in the middle, perhaps?

HeadInTheClouds:
Maybe what we really want is substance. Love My Voice is pleasant empty calories but lack substance.

Yeah, definitely.

And I also want less meowing. If possible. Ha!

HeadInTheClouds:
I think this drama will work better as a binge watch because it doesn't have any conflict or hook that keep you waiting for the next episodes between release. Plus watching it all in one go mean less time in between to think about the lack of substance in the story. Mainline the euphoric sugar high then move on to the next thing.

I watched 6 episodes in one go. It was enough to turn me into a Sith. I'm about to unleash Order 66. Keep those young Padawans away from me.

It's funny because I sensed something was amiss with Elise when we didn't get showered with tons of pretty gifs.

"What could possibly be so wrong?" :D

Elise:
That's gonna be a no from me, dawg! Yikes. Ugh, where's the equality in the relationship? I've never been a fan of these mature man, innocent girl relationships in dramas. It sounds like everything has to be his way and she follows what he says. He has the power over her.

I'm with you on this. TJC looks young, but so does YS, which means their age gap is still apparent. The biggest problem for me is the way their characters are written. She comes across as innocent, sweet and unsure of herself, while he is mature and knows what he wants. While it's not icky or creepy, it's still very much an older man/younger woman dynamic. Unfortunately, I just happened to be allergic to this particular dynamic so I don't enjoy watching this. 

It does have a great tranquillizing property. I nodded off all through episode 5 and promptly fell asleep mid-way through episode 6 :-). Haven't gone past that point. I'll wait for more episodes to be released and do a binge for some sweetness.

luv2bafangurl:
We‘ll broadcast the historical part if it starts here =)

I always enjoy and appreciate your Gifs @Elise ❤️

Yes, thank you. You guys just tell me which episode he dresses up in costume, I'll gif it ❣️

nathsketch:
And I also want less meowing. If possible. Ha!

What is this meowing thing that you keep on mentioning? I must have missed it. Probably during one of those moments when I nodded off :-).

From what I gather, his character is an attending cardiac surgeon or cardiologist and VA and she's a college senior. That seems like a very unlikely match in current Chinese society. I just find it pretty unbelievable that someone of his socioeconomic stature would pursue a relationship with a college student (a fling, sure, which would be a bit icky but ofc does happen) no matter how much he fell for her voice online. With that said, it seems to be a wish-fulfillment story so I think realism isn't a priority.