Can I Give Each of Your Heads a Name?

Part 4

Xiao Yao was confused for a moment, feeling helpless and funny at the same time. She walked around the fish tank and looked carefully, but found nothing.

"Where is the shit? I didn't see it." she asked.

"It has melted into the water. I can smell it." Xiang Liu wrote seriously.

Xiao Yao put her nose close to the water and sniffed it hard, "Isn't it just the smell of seawater?" she said suspiciously, "You're not kidding me, are you, Xiang Liu?"

Xiang Liu rolled up his body, looking like having no intention to argue with her.

Xiao Yao stood beside the tank with her hands on her hips... What else could she do? Xiang Liu is not a real fish, and it is impossible for a crab not to excrete. It is not the first day she knows these. It is indeed her own lack of consideration.

A shichen later, after more hard work by her and Miao Pu, they finally rearranged the fish tank: two pools of seawater, one large and one small, separated by a thick strip of fine sand. The seawater was also replaced with new one, which had just been brought from the nearest seaside using flying horse (Xiao Yao's explanation for this was "experimental needs"). For a moment, she really felt a bit like those depraved kings in ancient legends who lost their countries for beautiful bad women.

"Okay, are you satisfied now?" Miao Pu finally went out. Xiao Yao took the quilt away from Xiang Liu's heads.

Several little heads stood up, Xiang Liu turned into a wisp of wind, "blowing" into the fish tank again, and then landed in that larger pool as a matter of course.

Xiao Yao placed a clean small bowl on the sand slope beside Xiang Liu's pool:

"Well, since you love cleanliness so much, just use this when you need to go to toilet, and I will clean it for you, okay?"

Xiang Liu looked at her and then put his heads into the water again. She didn't know whether it was "agreed" or not.

Even though he has become the size of a hand, this guy never forgets to be cool. Xiao Yao rolled her eyes internally, closed the bed curtain, changed into work clothes inside, took out her basket and hoe, and went to the yard to dig up the Polygonum multiflorum she planted here ten years ago.

In the middle of the work, Xiao Yao, who had been busy for most of the day, straightened up with a sore back and moved her waist. Then she happened to catch a glimpse of her bedroom window being opened a crack by something...

She immediately squatted down and hid behind the winter jasmine tree. Now that the entire Tianyi Palace has been cleared by her, Miao Pu and Shan Hu are waiting outside the door. This person can only be Xiang Liu. But, what is he doing sneaking out? Qingluan Peak doesn't have any secrets that are valuable to him.

Sure enough, with the trembling of the tassels on the window lattice, a wisp of breeze slipped out of the window. Afterwards, a tuft of grass not far from the window danced for a moment under the blowing of a strange wind. After being quiet for a while, it danced again. The tassels beside the window lattice moved again. The window made a gentle squeaking sound and it was closed again.

Xiao Yao continued to hide for a while, then stood on tiptoes and sneaked over to the grass dancing just now, and saw a small piece of soil that had been turned over, as if someone had buried something in it. She picked up a stick out of curiosity, rummaged through the soil...and then laughed in anger.

"Xiang Liu!"

As soon as she closed the door, she threw the basket in her hand on the ground and walked towards the fish tank. The little white snake was swimming slowly inside as if nothing had happened.

"Did you sneak out to take a dump just now? I saw you!"

Xiang Liu didn't respond and slowly sank to the bottom of the fish tank.

Xiao Yao would not be soft on him. She rolled up her sleeves, pinched one of his necks, fished him out of the water, and placed him in the right middle of the beach.

"Do you know how much risk I took to hide you here?!" She asked earnestly, "Can't you just understand me even a little bit? Shan Hu and Miao Pu are outside there, they may notice something abnormal at any time. If Miao Pu discovers anything, I can tell you with certainty she is my brother's, in that case, not only will I not be able to protect you, but I will also be punished. Then you'll be happy?"

Xiang Liu stared at the pebble in front of him. She couldn't know what he was thinking.

"It's not that I don't let you go to toilet. Didn't I give you a potty just now?" Xiao Yao pointed to the bowl, "You find it not useful? What's wrong with it? Tell me and I'll solve it. But you must not sneak out again!"

Xiang Liu still didn't move, and he looked even sadder.

Xiao Yao suddenly guessed something, then said: "You don't want me to empty the potty for you?" She couldn't laugh or cry, "Thank you so much for your consideration, Lord Xiang Liu, but I'd rather empty the potty than be discovered. Don't worry, I don't mind the smell. I’ve raised cats and dogs before, I’ve even raised mice..."

Before she could finish speaking, Xiang Liu suddenly swiped the tip of his tail and threw that bowl directly into the crab's pool. The bowl dropped into the water with a splash, and (she wondered if he did it on purpose) the water splashed all over Xiao Yao's face. Xiang Liu also got to the bottom of the water.

Damn it. She said the wrong thing again.

Xiao Yao stood by the fish tank with beads of water on her face. She originally thought that Xiang Liu had the wisdom of a human and would be much easier to raise than ordinary animals, but she never expected that, God Pan Gu, is there anyone else unlucky enough to have raised such a stubborn, mysophobic, and face-loving fish?

Xiao Yao wiped her face with her sleeves, lay back on her bed and calmed down for a while, then returned to the fish tank.

"Xiang Liu," she said, "come up here, I have something to say."

Perhaps sensing the seriousness in her words, Xiang Liu came up, nine little heads emerged from the water, and looked at her.

"If you don't want to use that bowl, I won't force you. How about this? I'll encircle a piece of ground with a curtain in the garden and order no one is allowed to come near. From now on, you can go to toilet in it. You must be extra careful when entering and exiting my room, and make sure there is no one outside there. I believe with the vigilance you have developed in the Chenrong army for so many years, you will not be discovered by two palace ladies, right?"

Xiang Liu nodded.

"Then we've agreed. La Gou?" Xiao Yao held out a little finger.

The tail was busy swimming, Xiang Liu hooked her little finger with one of his heads. Xiao Yao held back her laughter and gently pulled it, or to be precise, scratched his little chin.

"Pull the hook, lift it up, and it won't change for a hundred years!"

Finally solved. Xiao Yao breathed a sigh of relief and then said: "Now, let me ask you, the five small fish I put here before are gone. Did you eat them?"

Xiang Liu nodded.

"You didn't eat them when I gave them to you, and you ignored me when I asked you about it. Is it because you didn't want me to see you eating?"

Xiang Liu looked at her for a moment and then nodded obediently.

Of course. Xiao Yao sighed inwardly. But maybe she can understand the feeling of a demon who has cultivated into a human being and doesn't want to perform swallowing live fish in front of others.

"But do you know that I don't mind you eating fish in front of me, and I will never dislike or despise you because of it?" Xiao Yao asked him.

Xiang Liu looked at her.

"Even so, you still don't want me to watch you eat, do you?"

Xiang Liu nodded.

"Okay." Xiao Yao tapped one of his little noses and said, "Then you can wait until I leave before eating, and I promise not to peek at you. But you have to promise me that you won't just ignore me anymore. If I ask you a question, you need to answer it truthfully. Even if you don’t want to answer, you should say you don’t want to answer. Otherwise I will be worried. Okay?"

Xiang Liu nodded.

"La Gou?"

"Pull the hook, lift it up, and it won't change for a hundred years!"

"Okay, now...let's hold hands and make peace?" Xiao Yao stretched out her hand.

She originally thought Xiang Liu would stretch out another head to her, but he actually opened a small fin behind an ear and placed it on the pad of one of her fingers.

Xiao Yao tried her best to hold back her smile and said, "I don't want this fin, I want the tail fin. I haven't looked at your tail fin carefully yet, can you show it to me?"

Xiang Liu thought for a while, then turned over lightly in the water, used his upper body to swim, and gently placed his unfolded tail fin in Xiao Yao's hand.

(To be continued)

@plor20

These recent chapters are so fascinating! Xiang Liu appeared in this chapter, which made me excited! A thousand years have passed, and Xiao Yao and Jing still have no children. They seem to be real roommates... No wonder she regrets it so much. But now I care more about whether Xiang Liu was reincarnated and whether he lived a happy life afterwards (sniff). Xiao Yao could have taken him with her to live a more meaningful life, but in the end she chose to play house with her roommate in Qingshui Town... 

That is a line from a poem from the Tang Dynasty, written by Li Shangyin. The whole poem is like this:

飒飒东风细雨来,芙蓉塘外有轻雷。
金蟾啮锁烧香入,玉虎牵丝汲井回。
贾氏窥帘韩掾少,宓妃留枕魏王才。
春心莫共花争发,一寸相思一寸灰。

Translation: 

The east wind is blowing, and the drizzle is blowing in the wind. There were bursts of light thunder from the other side of the lotus pond. Although the gold toad bites the lock on the incense burner, the lingering fragrance can still enter the room. Although the well is so deep, the windlass shaped like a jade tiger can still pull it up. The daughter of the Jia family peeked at Han Shou through the curtain and fell in love with his youth and handsomeness. The goddess of the Luo River entered Cao Zhi's dream because she admired his literary talent. Don't let your love bloom with the spring flowers, every inch of longing will turn into an inch of ashes. 

Milk tea is expensive in the United States, probably because there are so few stores? In the United States, is bubble milk tea only popular among Asians, or do other Americans who have tried it also like it? If it is only popular among Asians, then it is understandable that there are few stores. If other Americans also like it, why would Asians give up such a big business opportunity? In fact, milk tea shops in China now not only sell milk tea, but also a variety of innovative drinks containing tea. There are also many types of tea. I can't imagine Americans not liking any of them...

@liddi

Yes, it was the master personality that directed all other heads to punish the head that bit Xiao Yao :-) 

I definitely can't last a week... I usually drink milk tea with ice from the fourth day. Fortunately, there is usually no obvious reaction, haha!

If I go to Shanghai, I will definitely go see the wax figure of Tan, but at least now I have no plans to leave Wuhan. Did he say that he is now preparing to hold a concert? Maybe I'll go then. But actually I prefer him to focus on acting. As a singer, he is excellent, but not irreplaceable. But as an actor, he is unique and can only be said to be a genius. I read the news and it seems that China has recently launched a series of visa-free policies. Many foreigners are coming to travel. Do you have any plans to come here to see Tan?

@HeadInTheClouds

The comics are super cute! Thank you! =333= 

The master personality is always there. From the perspective of the master personality, that is, Xiang Liu, the moments when his sub-personalities go on their own are similar to human hands unconsciously playing things, touching the face, scratching the head, and knocking on the table at those moments when the consciousness is not paying attention to them... These behaviors actually reflect activities in the person's heart, but they are indeed not made under the control of his/her self-awareness. Human self-awareness can easily interrupt these unconscious behaviors and make the hands consciously do what he/she orders them to do. For Xiang Liu, these are the moments when the master personality controls the heads, that is, the "entry of attention". 

I really want that crystal ball Xiang Liu gave Xiao Yao. Anyone with a business mind will know how easy it will be to sell it! But even if they don't sell it, it doesn't matter. The character Xiang Liu is like Yang Guo and will still be talked about for another fifty years. LYF may also be remade. I will definitely get it before I die. Even if I don’t get it, I can still learn to make it myself. I will have it anyway, haha! 

Where do you live? In Prague? Why do Vietnamese especially like Prague? I heard that in Europe, even in many small towns, there are Chinese-owned restaurants or supermarkets. Is this true? These tea drinks are very common in China. There are at least several tea drink shops in every shopping mall, so the prices are very affordable. My favorite is Heytea, Leletea, Yidiandian... Each brand is constantly launching new or seasonal products, and I can't miss any of them! ^_^

@Kokuto

Thank you! I've watched the drama four or five times and I haven't noticed this detail yet :-). How many times have you watched it already? Is this story the "Titanic" of the TV series? Feel like a classic that will last forever, haha! By the way, "Titanic" is Tan's favorite movie :-)

ZYHLJ:

@Kokuto

Thank you! I've watched the drama four or five times and I haven't noticed this detail yet :-). How many times have you watched it already? Is this story the "Titanic" of the TV series? Feel like a classic that will last forever, haha! By the way, "Titanic" is Tan's favorite movie :-)

Well that figures.  I think AH wrote her fan fic inspired by the ending of Titantic and XL.

I think I only noticed it because of plor20s story.   Here's the video bookmarked at that point.  Look up to the top right, at the logo.  For a second the butterfly is covered by by the logo.  But it lands on CX's  hair ornament and stays there in the shot.

https://youtu.be/2grTKaCM14Y?si=VrjKfSjFnuZNLC15&t=1760

ZYHLJ:
By the way, "Titanic" is Tan's favorite movie :-)

WHAT

Kokuto:
I think it AH who wrote her fan fic inspired by the ending of Titantic and XL.

Orignally the concept for the fic was inspired by just the last scene of Titanic, but then it evolved after I rewatched the movie and ended up mapping to all the parts of the movie (beginning, middle and end) that involve the elderly version of Rose.

Edit: for fun, the parallels between Titanic and LYF + my fic:

Titanic
LYF / My Fic
A crew of treasure hunters led by Brock Lovett head to the ocean to conduct an expedition in the hopes of finding an invaluable object in the wreckage of the Titanic: a priceless diamond called the Heart of the Ocean.  On one dive, the treasure hunters find a safe that has been sealed since the Titanic sank 84 years earlier. When the safe is cracked open, Brock unexpectedly finds a drawing of a woman: 17 year-old Rose DeWitt Bukater.  Xian leaves Xuan Yuan and heads out to the ocean. When she arrives at her destination (XY's clinic), she seeks the antidote to a legendary poison, but encounters the big-bellied laughing doll, which has remained sealed since the events of XL's epilogue 2,000 years earlier. When the doll is forced open, XY is shocked to find her ice crystal ball inside. It includes the mermaid that represents her, the merman that represents XL, the figure that XL added, and XL's well-wishes for XY carved into its side. 
An elderly woman named Rose Dawson Calvert sits at a potting wheel in her sunny home, which is filled with flowers, pets (goldfish and a dog), photos and artwork from around the world that suggests a life full of extensive travel. Her granddaughter makes two cups of tea while the news plays on a small TV.

The news story is about the Titanic expedition and Brock Lovett is telling the news anchor that everyone knows the story of the Titanic (the nobility, the band playing in the end, etc) but that he is interested in the untold stories. The secrets locked deep inside the hull of the ship.

The news story catches Rose's attention, and she asks her granddaughter to turn up the volume just as Brock tells the camera to pan to the drawing of young Rose that had been locked in the safe. On the TV, Brock asks if the drawing should have remained at the bottom of the ocean for eternity, while Rose stares at the drawing in shock.

It doesn't take Rose long to make her way to Brock's ship, which is anchored above the wreckage of the Titanic, where Jack died. 
An elderly XY sits in the sunny courtyard of her clinic. Left Ear and Miao Pu are there, and she cleans sea urchins with her granddaughter.

The pleasant scene is interrupted when Xian arrives, a blast from XY's past life in Xuan Yuan, seeking an antidote.

When Xian finds the big-bellied laughing doll, forces it open, and reveals the ice crystal ball inside, XY is shocked.

It doesn't take XY long to make her way, via Xian's ship, to the island where XL died. 
On Brock's ship, Rose is told about the history and creation of the Heart of the Ocean.On Xian's ship, XY has a dream where she sees the events of XL's epilogue, where he carves the big-bellied laughing doll, carves his well-wishes for her into the ice crystal ball, and hides the ice crystal ball inside the doll. 
On Brock's ship (still anchored above the wreckage of the Titanic, roughly in the part of the ocean where Jack died), Rose tells her grandaughter, Brock, and Brock's crew about her time on the Titanic, including the story of meeting Jack and the experiences they had together before his death.

How she had a rich fiancé, Cal Hockley, who she did not love. How a young man with no money or social standing (someone her family would never let her be with) helped free her from her engagement, inspired her to break free from the constraints of her family and restrictive life in order to live freely, and saved her life twice.

The first time he did so by tying his fate to hers. "You jump, I jump." The second time was in the ocean, when the Titanic sank. He told her that she was going to survive. That she would go on to have many children and that she would only die many years later as an old woman warm in her bed. He made her promise to survive, knowing that he would not. And she kept that promise.

Jack died the night that the Titanic sank and Cal died about a year later (more or less). But in the USA Rose created a new life for herself under a new name. She married, had kids and grandkids, lived fully, and travelled extensively.

But Rose says that she never spoke of Jack to anyone until just then. "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets. But now you know there was a man named Jack Dawson and that he saved me in every way that a person can be saved. I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now only in my memory." The only thing that she had that could even remotely be considered a momento of Jack was the Heart of the Ocean, which she had worn when he drew her portrait the night that the Titanic sank. 
After arriving at the island where XL made his last stand and died, XY tells her grandaughter, Left Ear and Miao Pu the story of her meeting XL and the experiences they had together before his death.

How she was engaged to the leader of the Chishui Clan, Chishui Feng Long, who she did not love. How a demon with no money who was her family's enemy helped free her from her engagement, inspired her to break free of the contstraints of her family and restrictive life, and saved her life twice (as far as she knew).

The first time he was able to do so because he had agreed to tie their hearts, lives and fates together by accepting her poisonous bug. The second time was in the ocean, when the seagull demon locked her in a coffin and sank her into the ocean where she was nearly obliterated by a whirlpool. After protecting her from the whirlpool, he made her promise to survive in exchange for his help.

Feng Long was killed by XL and then XL died about a year later (more or less). But XY lived. After leaving Xuan Yuan for the ocean, XY created a new life for herself. She married TSJ before leaving, had kids and grandkids, and lived the life she wanted to live.

But XY never spoke about XL to anyone, until that point. And because he erased the memories that she had saved of him in her gorilla spirit mirror, she didn't have anything that captured his likeness. His image only existed in her memory, and the only momento she had (as far as she had been aware at the time) was the sea-map jewel that he gave her at the end of their journey by ship in chapter 43. 
At night, Rose went out on the deck of the ship (still anchored above the wreckage of the Titanic) alone and looked at the Heart of the Ocean before tossing it overboard, letting it sink into the depths of the ocean where Jack had died. At dusk, XY was alone at the heart of the island where XL died. At the edge of a dark pool (a remnant from XL's death), XY looked at each of the physical gifts that XL had given her (which each corresponded with a separate gift that XL had given her in order to address the things she told him she did not have the first night they spent together in XL's military camp tent) before thanking XL for them and letting them sink into the pool.

(1) The silver bow that XL commissioned for XY represented the archery lessons he gave her so that she would have a means of protecting herself despite her low spiritual power.

(2) The big-bellied laughing doll was a gift that XL gave to XY when she married TSJ. It hid the ice crystal ball, which XL had altered to include a message of well wishes to her. It also contained a mermaid (representing XY) and a merman (representing XL) that XY had added, plus a third figure of a man, which XL had added. The man was holding the hand that the mermaid had stretched out to the merman and was smiling at her. These gifts represented TSJ - the man that XL had brought back from the dead in order to be XY's life-long companion. A person she could rely on after XL was gone.

(3) The sea map jewel represented the blood that XL had used to save XY's life, which transformed her and made the ocean a place that she would always be able to go. 
After dropping the necklace in the ocean, Rose returned to her cabin and went to bed. Perhaps she went to sleep and dreamed. Or perhaps, as Jack had told her, she died as an old woman, warm in her bed.

Either way, the image of elderly Rose in her bed on Brock's ship is replaced by the image of the wreckage of Titanic, which in turn is replaced by the image of the Titanic as it was on its maiden voyage before it sank. Young Rose, who is 17 again, climbs the iconic staircase. At the top of the staircase, Jack reaches out his hand to her and she takes it. When they are together at the top of the stairs, they kiss and everyone around them claps. There is nothing left that can keep them apart. From their kiss, the camera pans up to the bright light streaming through the atrium's glass ceiling. 
After dropping XL's gifts into the dark pool, XY sang the song that she sang to lure out the Fei Fei. The song that XL heard her sing when they first met. A song about loving, longing, forgetting and remembering. Then XY lay down to close her eyes one last time. Following her death, XY's spirit emerged from the island and headed to the ocean.

XY's granddaughter sees XY's spirit (young again, looking just as she did when XL was still alive) and XL's spirit on the surface of the ocean. XL extends his hand to XY and she takes it. He no longer hid his feelings and she climbed into the white clam shell where XL stood. When they are together, with nothing left to keep them apart, they kiss under the bright light of the full moon. 

ZYHLJ:
For a moment, she really felt a bit like those depraved kings in ancient legends who lost their countries for beautiful bad women.

I had a good laugh over this. So is Xiang Liu 杨玉环 Yang Yuhuan to Xiao Yao's 李隆基 Li Longji? Or 妲己 Daji to 纣王 King Zhou?

ZYHLJ:
went to the yard to dig up the Polygonum multiflorum she planted here ten years ago.

何首乌... is she preparing hair dye for him so that he can continue to be Fangfeng Bei when he regains his human form? She is not planning to use hibiscus instead, which Xiang Liu apparently used to dye his hair each time he takes on his Fangfeng Bei persona?

I hope you will not take this the wrong way, but why do I feel that Xiang Liu is being treated as a pet, rather than an alternate, smaller incarnation of his form?  Currently, my impression is that he is more childish and petulant, and she is baby'ing him. I can't imagine his personality would have changed that much despite the unusual circumstances... 

ZYHLJ:
Do you have any plans to come here to see Tan?

Not in the immediate future. I don't see myself travelling for celebrities even if I am a fan, though I would travel for concerts and stage performances if the situation permits.

@Kokuto

I saw it! It felt like a beautiful accident, but the crew tastefully kept it there :-). Watching this drama again, I still find it is so beautiful...

@AH

You finished it so early! I saw a lot of likes for this fanfic, it must be well written, I have saved it :-). Do you want to post it to this thread? Super welcome sis! After seeing your fanfic, I took a nap and I heard "My Heart Will Go On" in my dream! I suddenly realized how suitable this song is for Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu, every single sentence...

@liddi

Haha, yes, those are the examples I was thinking of! But strictly speaking, these historical figures are later than the Yellow Emperor and the Black Emperor, so the ones Xiao Yao thought about can only be some earlier kings that we don’t know about:-) 

Yes, I'm suspecting that too. I seem to have failed to write down Xiang Liu's true form in a decent way. I am also reflecting on this issue today... Actually I have a new idea now, that is, because my mother tongue is Mandarin, I can actually do a more important thing for LYF, which is to translate a good Chinese fan fiction into English. Now I need your very honest opinion: do you think I can translate a good novel with my English skills? It’s not about translating the general meaning, but words that make people want to read it. Please be very honest as I need to make good use of my time :-) 

Same here. I have actors I like but have never gone to meet them in person. If possible in the future, we may get together at Tan's concert!>_<

@ZYHLJ

If you undertake a translation of LYF I am more than willing to help as an editor for you, to help find words that would give the same emotional power as the Chinese words. Your English is quite good, and your sentence flow is nice.  You will do very well.

As you already know English has ways to express the same thing but depending on how your word things, it may give a different experience.

i.e. She was sad when he died.  vs. She was overcome with unbearable loss with his passing.

They both mean the same thing, but one is very straightforward and the other has a  stronger emotional pull. And I feel the Chinese text fare better with the second kind of writing. but that's just my opinion. 

Jiayou! I support you.

ZYHLJ:
@AH

You finished it so early!

At the time it felt like it took a while to write, but looking back at it now... Elise shared the comment that inspired the fic on October 3rd and I posted the completed fic on Ocotober 19th. So not a super long time I guess. 

But it's not a long fic. Just four short chapters really, and almost all of it is adapted or inspired by something else (parts of LYF, parts of Titanic, etc.). Not much in the way of original concepts or characters. ^^ 

The word count and chapter count are misleading. The other "chapters" (and a big portion of the word count) are things like excerpts from the novel to help refresh readers' memories, some credits and comments at the end, and a table of contents at the beginning. 

Plus I wasn't writing in a second language, which would be beyond my skill level. Super kudos to you for writing a fic in a language that is not your mother tongue. 

ZYHLJ:
I saw a lot of likes for this fanfic, it must be well written, I have saved it :-).

Oh, thank you!

ZYHLJ:
Do you want to post it to this thread? Super welcome sis!

Kokuto kindly included a link to the fic in this thread. I think that makes the most sense. If I ever need to fix anything, I only have to fix it in one place. 

ZYHLJ:
After seeing your fanfic, I took a nap and I heard "My Heart Will Go On" in my dream! I suddenly realized how suitable this song is for Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu, every single sentence...

Lol, totally get that. I had a similar feeling with "I Will Always Love You" back in September

ZYHLJ:
If I go to Shanghai, I will definitely go see the wax figure of Tan, but at least now I have no plans to leave Wuhan. Did he say that he is now preparing to hold a concert? Maybe I'll go then. But actually I prefer him to focus on acting. As a singer, he is excellent, but not irreplaceable. But as an actor, he is unique and can only be said to be a genius. I read the news and it seems that China has recently launched a series of visa-free policies. Many foreigners are coming to travel. Do you have any plans to come here to see Tan?

Going to see a wax figure sounds foolproof - you can't miss him! ^^ 

My sister has a knack for it, but I am very bad at spotting celebrities "out in the wild". I feel like most of the time they could walk right by me and I wouldn't notice. When I lived in Shanghai I only ever spotted one, when David Harewood from Homeland was seated at the table next to mine. But he stood out from the crowd and was easier to notice. 

@plor20

Thank you so much! If it goes through "two processes", it will probably be translated accurately as well as beautifully~ What do you think of "不负相思意"? Everyone seems to be recommending this one, but I haven’t read it yet. Kokuto also posted an introduction to this fan fiction in her post. I took a quick look just now and it looks good. I'll take a closer look tomorrow. What makes me crazy is that the author didn't specify the word count, and posted such a long fiction on one page. My drop-down bar is going to be broken... Does anyone know how many words this fanfic approximately has? 

In addition, when I write this fanfic and most of my posts, I first use Google Translate to translate it for the first time, and then fix and modify it myself, otherwise I will write even slower. So it can be said that Google also has a lot of credit for my ability to write in English :-)

@AH

Thank you! As I told plor20 above, when I write, I actually write in Chinese first, then use Google to translate for the first time, and then revise it myself, otherwise I will write even slower 囧

You'd been to Shanghai? Were you there to study? Where are you from? Are you an overseas Chinese? Shanghai is my father’s hometown. When I was a child, I would go there every summer vacation. I can understand half of Shanghainese, but I can't speak it :-)