In Episode 7, after Nubsib made up with Gene at Gene's suburb house, Nubsib confessed many facts to Tum over the phone when Nubsib was rambling through the trunk of his car. 

Tum was guessing Nubsib's plan and putting pieces together. Tum realized that Nubsib has planned and put everything in motion since day one before the audition. One thing that I didn't catch.... did Nubsib know of friendship between Tum & Gene beforehand?

More of the revealing was done when Nubsib was at his condo balcony with Gene... That's when he told Gene that he purposefully planned the road to the audition because it's Gene's novel series. Still that hasn't answer my question... maybe the book has more details.  

No he only found out that they knew each other in the cafe the day the BL ceremony was done. 

However he then used Tum to get him to convince Gene for him to move in with him. 

I think he knew before the café scene. Because he acted like he was surprised but Nubsib was clearly faking the surprise. He said '' ohhh '' but his face showed that he knew and he was smug about it.

Claddagh:

I think he knew before the café scene. Because he acted like he was surprised but Nubsib was clearly faking the surprise. He said '' ohhh '' but his face showed that he knew and he was smug about it.

I don't know how he would have known as even Gene had forgotten about Tum? I think the smug look was "ooooh, I could use this to my advantage" and he totally did in the same episode. Sly Fox.  The book didn't suggest he knew either as it gave more of Nubsib's perspective