I know many of us are excited with the whole plot and have our own takes on who killed Jane. That's why I thought: "why not open a topic for it?", and here we are. 

Of course, this will most likely be a spoiler landmine (if enough people comment their thoughts) so if you have not watched the episodes... keep out. 

I'LL START!

I think it's too early to pin-point who I think  the murderer is but if there's something I'm pretty much sure about is that it's not Tan. Yeah he is our primary suspect and we should question him too but if there is something I've learned after years of watching K-Dramas and other series is that main characters are rarely (if ever) the killers. After him, I would suspect Pued but that would be too easy of a guess so I don't think it's him either. I'm between Dr. Oat (who looks too innocent for his own good) and the (hot) inspector. I also doubt Sorn but he's so cute I will try to convince myself of his innocence. 

If there's something I keep thinking about is that both murders are linked and were done by the same person. I think what the investigators are failing to do (and again, this is just my wannabe-CSI opinion) is link common denominators between both women. One was a student and the other one was the homeroom teacher... which leads me to believe that the murderer is in the school. This does go against my suspicions, though, and leads me back to Tan, which is why I really can't wait until episode 3 for more clues. 

What does everyone else think?

I haven't read the novel so I have no idea how it ends or who is the killer, but if this drama deviates from the novel abit, then it would give us more room for theories. 

It's a bit too early, but I think that it might actually be an entier organization including the Head of the Morgue, the head of the school, the judges and the police. Why would any of these important people go to a doctor's birthday party? Why have so many important people in one place? 

For me it might mean that there is a drug/human trafficking ring maybe? 

I'm looking forward to see what this is. 

Pued is definitely part of this and the fact that he and Tan have the same "limited" watch means something important.

I also think that Jane was involved in all of this. She had access to the students and she could have been providing the girls to whoever did this. Her whole "I feel responsible" and how she was dragged out by Pued, suggest that she was probably ready to snitch and she was murdered for it.

Also Pued and Bun's conversation about Jane... Bun implied that Pued liked Jane and was going to pursue her, but later on we see him dragging her. So this implies that they were "together" in some fashion and we were thrown off because of Bun's earlier conversation. 

I think there are too many red herrings for the moment for anyone to judge. My feeling is that some larger operation is involved here and the man in black might just be a local criminal type who carries out "jobs" for someone more important. The other suggestion is that there is some kind of sex ring operating here. 

One thing I noticed at the dinner was how obsequious the local MP was to the local big industrialist, who seemed to treat him with disdain. I wonder if the latter isn't the big local potentate running all this.....

I actually paid and read the novel but not sure if the series will follow the novel. However I don’t want to spoil it all for you if it does follow the novel. 

Doodles-21:

I actually paid and read the novel but not sure if the series will follow the novel. However I don’t want to spoil it all for you if it does follow the novel. 

Thank you for not spoiling anything for the rest of us. That's really considerate, especially here on MDL. 

For now, my bet is placed on Pued, but reading other posts on this thread makes me suspect something bigger is indeed going on. Maybe the dad is running the organization and the son is some sort of pawn ? I'm also curious to have a bit more background info on Tan, since he did have the same watch as Pued. I don't think they're actually related, but maybe Pued's father took care of him for a certain period of time ? 

To be honest it's still too early to have a definite opinion, but to me the most impactful murderer would be Pued. He's close to the main character, so good betrayal/treason material, AND he's linked to a lot of characters in one way or another.

I haven't read the novel nor any spoilers so this is just my speculation. This is based on the events until episode 3, so if you haven't watched it yet, this might contain spoilers for the episode:

I think there is a mafia like organization in town. This mafia like organization hooks up young girls with drugs and maybe even prostitution. The first girl died. The teacher was suspicious about something and starts digging too much to find out what was going on with her student and found out too much. This is corroborated by her talk with Dr Bon about her sense of responsibility.

I think Pued's brother seems suspicious and very mafia like. And Pued might have been involved with the mafia as they usually have ties with the police and Pued was a persecutor. So I think Pued was dating the teacher like they said on episode 3 and really liked her, but at the same time she starts digging too much into the death of the student. He might have tried to protect her. He might have been in this mafia but loved her and wanted to protect her. He might have even broken up with her at some point (like her sister told Dr Bun) to protect her. I think Tan is involved with the mafia too but not the killer nor involved in the killings. I don't think he ever dated the teacher but might have been asked by Pued to keep an eye on her and protect her, hence why people thought they were together. So this mafia organization kills the teacher.

My suspicions that Pued is in the mafia is that he looked worried that Dr Bun was making advances in the investigation but I think that at the same time he wanted justice for her so was going to try to solve things with his connections to the mafia but not through the police legally. The mafia has ties with the police and higher ranked people, so they bribe the hot inspector and his superiors to rule the death as homicide and tamper the evidence.

In the last scene of episode 3 it looks like Tan and the guy that attacked Dr Bun had some type of ties. I don't know if the guy who attacked Dr. Bun is hired by the mafia to scare him to rule the case as suicide or if he was sent by Tan to make Dr Bun step away from the investigation to protect him. Maybe him and Pued were trying to solve the murder/avenge the teacher by their own means and not through legal means. On episode 3 we know that Tan was the last person that was with Pued after his disappearance. 

Conclusion: I don't think the killer is a specific person or any of these people, but the mafia organization and that Pued, Pued's brother and maybe even Tan are involved with the mafia but in different degrees. For all we know Tan could be an infiltrated agent of the police in the mafia but that is maybe me reaching too much.

After ep. 2 I had a feeling Peud's Brother is involved, but I thought he was covering for his brother. After ep. 3 I think it's Peud's Brother that's behind the whole thing. But all this is just a hunch and not really based on much, since until now Peud's Brother has been in all of 2-3 short scenes. 

Question: Is Peud's Brother his "Pi" by blood or is he like a friend/acquaintance?

CookieMonster:

After ep. 2 I had a feeling Peud's Brother is involved, but I thought he was covering for his brother. After ep. 3 I think it's Peud's Brother that's behind the whole thing. But all this is just a hunch and not really based on much, since until now Peud's Brother has been in all of 2-3 short scenes. 

Question: Is Peud's Brother his "Pi" by blood or is he like a friend/acquaintance?

I agree with this. Last episode we saw the young girl get into a van and the guy that held the hand out for he was wearing a shirt similar to what Pued's brother was wearing when he talked to Dr. Bun. I also think he's his biological brother. 

After watching episode three last night, I realized that everyone's suspicions are spot on. This is some prostitution/drug ring related issue and I feel like everyone in the town knows about it except Dr. Bun (aka the new doc).  I also agree with @AnniaD (though I can't quote the post because it's too long) in that Pued might have wanted to protect Jane. I was very suspicious of him at the beginning but last episode he looked super innocent and even a little scared so I don't think it's him. I also don't think Sorawit is related anymore and have shifted my suspicions to the other young guy that appears next to him in the intro. The inspector (Sarawat) was additionally sketchy this week so I still don't trust him.  

aevirg:

After watching episode three last night, I realized that everyone's suspicions are spot on. This is some prostitution/drug ring related issue and I feel like everyone in the town knows about it except Dr. Bun (aka the new doc).  I also agree with @AnniaD (though I can't quote the post because it's too long) in that Pued might have wanted to protect Jane. I was very suspicious of him at the beginning but last episode he looked super innocent and even a little scared so I don't think it's him. I also don't think Sorawit is related anymore and have shifted my suspicions to the other young guy that appears next to him in the intro. The inspector (Sarawat) was additionally sketchy this week so I still don't trust him.  

Which young guy? You mean the kids that beat him up because of the girl?

I was thinking a bit more and wanted to mention than on episode 3 we see Pued entering what seems Jane's house. I suppose this is  in current time and not a flashback. What was he doing there? Tampering evidence or looking for evidence of something? If Pued is involved in the mafia he knows for sure they killed her and who did it, so what does he really want? To avenge her? To find out the specific killer within the mafia? (supposing he's not the murderer which I now don't think he is).

Also in the trailer we see Tan and Bun joining forces to find out the killer. But if Tan is involved with the mafia (which I think he is), why does  he apparently don't know who killed her? Or he knows it was the mafia (commanded by Pued's brother?) and just wants to find solid evidence?  And if he's hiding his involvement, isn't it too risky to bring Bun to his home?

What was Tan doing with Pued on episode 3? Is he alive or was kidnapped because he was doing too much?

I need answers! haha

anchorenomore:

I also think that Jane was involved in all of this. She had access to the students and she could have been providing the girls to whoever did this. Her whole "I feel responsible" and how she was dragged out by Pued, suggest that she was probably ready to snitch and she was murdered for it.

Also Pued and Bun's conversation about Jane... Bun implied that Pued liked Jane and was going to pursue her, but later on we see him dragging her. So this implies that they were "together" in some fashion and we were thrown off because of Bun's earlier conversation. 

Warning again: I'll be referring some things from episode 3:

Wow this is a very interesting theory about Jane's involvement! My theory was that she didn't know anything of this but when her student died she became suspicious and wanted to find out what happened and that if she was dating Pued and if Pued was involved with the mafia, that she might have had access to dangerous information that got her killed.

But what you're saying also makes sense... wasn't she having an argument with Tan before she died? It looked like she wanted to do something that Tan didn't want her to do (probably snitch, because Tan probably knew that would kill her and wanted to protect her) and before her death Pued tried to call her too. If she was dating Pued it could be another clue that she was involved in this scheme along with him.

Now, I don't believe that Tan ever had anything romantic with Jane as he doesn't seem to have shown any emotion or disturbance with her death, but I do believe there was a purpose for him to be so close to her, I just can't think of what exactly.

I'm also very curious to why Tan punched Pued at the birthday party. Why was he so mad at Pued? 

@AnniaD

I know right...so many ways it can go. Sorry I can't quote you because MDL says I can't quote long posts...

I can't wait to figure out what is going on. 

« I was thinking a bit more and wanted to mention than on episode 3 we see Pued entering what seems Jane's house. I suppose this is  in current time and not a flashback. What was he doing there? Tampering evidence or looking for evidence of something? »

Surely, when we see Pued going into Jane’s house at the beginning of ep.3, there is a title on the screen saying, « 20 minutes before Jane’s death » (So indeed, a flashback). So this is another possible red herring suggesting that Pued might have killed her 20 minutes later.... But then, of course, he disappears and is supposedly kidnapped.... but that might be a red herring, too...... which would make the first scene a kind of double bluff...

Actually,  I think this series is quite good at sowing a lot of false tracks, leading us down one garden path, and then showing something quite contradictory.... it conveys the growing confusion and uncertainty Bun is beginning to sense.

Ianto:

« I was thinking a bit more and wanted to mention than on episode 3 we see Pued entering what seems Jane's house. I suppose this is  in current time and not a flashback. What was he doing there? Tampering evidence or looking for evidence of something? »

Surely, when we see Pued going into Jane’s house at the beginning of ep.3, there is a title on the screen saying, « 20 minutes before Jane’s death » (So indeed, a flashback). So this is another possible red herring suggesting that Pued might have killed her 20 minutes later.... But then, of course, he disappears and is supposedly kidnapped.... but that might be a red herring, too...... which would make the first scene a kind of double bluff...

Actually,  I think this series is quite good at sowing a lot of false tracks, leading us down one garden path, and then showing something quite contradictory.... it conveys the growing confusion and uncertainty Bun is beginning to sense.

Oh, I hadn't noticed the "20 minutes before" title. Thanks for pointing that out!

I also think it's a red herring. I think they have been trying to make us think it's Pued since early on on purpose, but that would be too obvious. Specially putting that scene in. The last 2 people seeing her alive were Pued and Tan but I think none of them are the killer. They want us to be discussing if it's Pued or Tan, but I think it's someone totally different and it's much bigger than her death and who actually physically killed her.