Hey, I'm from Belgium, the land where the Smurfs came from. So... I wondered how many of you know the Smurfs? I grew up with them, they were like every day on tv. In some Korean dramas they wear t-shirts with Smurfprints on, so I guess they are popular in Korea. (If I'm not mistaken I saw one in Mary stayed out all night) If you don't know them, they are this little blue guys.
Hahah, they were popular all over the place, I think. I grew up with them in Poland and the opening theme song, localised to my language, is still stuck in my head! :D such a classic animated series. How did you like the recent film? Nice to meet you, BTW :)
I enjoyed the movie. Of course, it is not the same as the original, but that didn't come in my mind while I was watching it. And yes, the opening song is so stuck in my mind. Sometimes I just start singing it out of nowhere. And also, nice to meet you too :-)
I know so many people who love them, held over from childhood. I am not one of them. ;)
I remember watching them from my childhood, one of my favourite shows :) but I think the new version killed it. In my memories though, they were amazing!
I guess they're quite popular in Finland too. I used to watch the Smurfs on TV and I have many of their CDs :D I think they just recently released another new album..I think it's their 20th album here in Finland! :D
herdersmat wrote: I enjoyed the movie. Of course, it is not the same as the original, but that didn't come in my mind while I was watching it.

And yes, the opening song is so stuck in my mind. Sometimes I just start singing it out of nowhere.

And also, nice to meet you too :-)

Hahaha me to. I sing it sometimes when I'm particularly hyped. I thought it was just a piece of pleasant fluff, but I am not entrely sure how I gfeel about smurfs in the city hehe. I thought it was a bit escapist, in the vein if "Lost in Austen" , so a bit silly all.

But I like NPH - since Doogie Hauser! - and the film was fair enough.

Of yes- the Smurf Hits! They were released in poland to. I remeber one which was sung to the tune of the awful i'm a barbie girl XD but they were great because at the same time these songs were send ups of some awful pop songs
I can still remember some of the lyrics to the songs :D This song was and still is one of my favourite songs from the Smurfs! :)

Macarena! :D I still remember the lyrics!!
oh yes macarena!

how about the Smurf Scatman:

XD

Yodelling Smurfs!

A lot of them were also made using polish popular songs - well for my country.
No Scatman version in Finland but we do have that Doodah song! :D

We also have songs from the Smurfs that are covers of popular finnish songs. Here's an example:
doodah :D hhaha. What's the origianl for the second song? it's upbeat.