In which our hero abandons his lady love after a night of hot loving...by asking for a divorce

and housekeeper finally has something to celebrate (finally)

1.Our leading lady cheerfully summarizes the events of the last episode.  I won't lie...hero does the worse job of pretending not to hear.  He looks like he is listening intently.....It is incredibly obvious.   How everyone seems to overlook this is a giant plot hole but at this point it seems mean to critique a show on things like this.  Maybe he can secretly read lips??  

2.Madame Jin talks to somebody in a cool hat (eunuch?) regarding the dangers of the Weapons Bureau falling in the hands of Second Prince who everyone seems to accept is scheming for the throne.  Not the most subtle schemer, I guess.

3.Housekeeper tries to be a pillar of strength for our leading lady and (rightly) points out how quickly she has recovered in spite of the awful treatment at the hands of her husband/he calls him spoiled and and essentially a horrible person in front of our 'deaf' hero and even goes so far as to encourage her to leave him but our leading lady is deeply in love with him and refuses

4.Housekeeper also asks about the note--and who sent it.  Our hero looks back around intently and you can literally see the wheels turning in his head as he processes this.  He also notices that Housekeeper has a...Seven Dagger?  What is a Seven Dagger?.

5.Our hero sends investigators to look into Qi Ling's past, the cannon, and suspects even more that Housekeeper is involved...his biggest concern seems to be protecting his woman.   I personally think he can protect her by protecting himself because if he is dead she is sort out in trouble.

6.  Viewers are treated to a romantic candle lit room...it looks as if they consummate their relationship finally.  Our heroine does appears as if she has completely forgotten his mistreatment of her but when in love, I suppose it is easy to forgive and let live?  They proclaim their love...I will ignore the extremely overdone room, including a candle heart...I do think this is all inconsistent with his character however she seems to make him into an entirely different person so i could be wrong.

7.He shares that he can now hear again.  Thank god, I had no idea (yes that is sarcasm).

8;The chemistry between these two actors in this scene just feels incredibly forced.  And que awful music....fans of this show can see a fairly long kissing scene, and then to the bed they go...and que censorship.  Use your imagination.  However they have their clothes on the next scene and does everyone sleep on their back in Asian dramas?  I guess it's the best way to see the actor's faces??

9.....He asks for a divorce.  After sleeping with her and treating her to a night of hot loving (I can't say that I am surprised, just slightly frustrated with his high handed decisions) and he came prepared with the papers.  I am certain he is doing this to protect her yada yada...He justifies this on her being a bad wife yada yada

10.The Madame sternly tells her son to reflect on himself and our leading lady collapses at the shock.  But the best is the hero kneeling in the rain our lady shows up and stars hitting him and crying (very consistent with her character) and he says I don't want you and pushes her on the ground--it is actually a pretty well orchestrated scene but I think the actor's resolve should have sort of wavered a bit...instead he just looks extremely irritated...why is he kneeling in the rain?  this is his choice?  shouldn't it be her kneeling in the rain to beg him?  these characters are a bit inconsistent so it does me no good trying to figure them out.

11.Naturally, hero passes out in the rain and everyone panics.  

12.Second prince attempts to make sense of this divorce (good luck with that) housekeeper does his best to convince second prince that the divorce is a good thing (because then he can help himself to our leading lady, I assume)

13.Feeling guilty but nevertheless committed, our hero firmly pushes the heroine away and now he is like a zombie, lacking energy as he goes about preparing for this-- but he made his bed so he can lay in it, I just want to hurry up and get through this///..I guess they have a long way to go before they are the PERFECT COUPLE (bwahaha)

14.He tells Dr Love the truth about the switch/Dr Love is surprised but not angry

I give this episode a 6.5 because I am kind of scratching my head at his choice. It seems as if his character is more the type to keep his lady close rather than push her away for her 'own good'.  Oh well.  I am just rolling with the punches.