In which the Madame gains the upper hand

1.Qi Ling is convinced that the Madame has her mother hostage and possibly paid men to take out midwife

2.She has another moonlit conversation with Housekeeper, who tries to convince her that the Madame is not behind her mother's abduction

3.Qi Ling confronts the Madame, and the Madame again tries to 'protect' Qi Ling once her son barges in after he wakes up and finds himself alone in bed//this creates more distance between our hero and lady

4.After they leave, the Madame discuses with Dr love's mom her theory that someone is deliberately trying to destroy the Jin family...but who could this person in the shadows be o_O (never say it is family...)

5.Over tea, our hero tries to work out a truce between mother and daughter-in-law (let's not ignore that prior to this he tells his mom he will educate his wife) and unfortunately for our lady, he frames the conversation in such a way where he is trying to appease Qi Ling--in short, he implies that Qi Ling is in the wrong and short come to her senses all in a very polite way (he is a good detective but there are some things one cannot solve and should be left to others to fix i.e. he should stay out of it and let the women solve their problem...but this is actually very reflective of real life, his response so I give the writer's props here)

6.There is a massage and a kiss (I usually adore skinship scenes given how strict China and the rest of Asia is with censorship but these scenes seem to be pandering to the audience...i don't mind but i can't ignore this either)

7.Just when Qi Ling decides to let go of her worries and fears and trust in Madame Jin...she drops a bomb: YOUR MOTHER IS IN MY HANDS!

I give this episode a 7.0 because many of the situations were grounded in reality, especially the scene in which hero tries to mediate a fight that he should really not involve himself in.  I am finding the relationship with Xu Er to be uninteresting and honestly, the writers seem to not be very invested in it feels like they give her screen time just because they have to in order to avoid messing up the plot even more