Black

My Name is Khan

Swades

Taare Zameen Par

Kumbalangi Nights

C/o Kancharapalem

Jersey

Bangalore Days

I’m not really a cinephile but I can surely say there are few gems in this list. Happy Watching!

Nice collection except jodha akbhar 

Minchane:

Nice collection except jodha akbhar 

You don’t like it? One of my favorites!

Sunnie:

You don’t like it? One of my favorites!

Well if you  know  the reality of akbhar

Minchane:

Well if know reality of akbhar

Ahh yes! He was barbaric and also a great social reformer! Just like how we all have both the good and bad sides he did too. Anyway I tend to switch off my brain while watching movies. Good day! 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt27993208/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

BARSATEIN

This is ongoing drama. Must watch and their chemistry is to die for

Sunnie:

Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

Btw Bollywood which is a Hindi language film industry is just one of the many film industries of India. There are many other language film industries like Tollywood (Telugu), Kollywood (Tamil), Ollywood (Odia),  Sandalwood (Kannada), Mollywood (Malayalam) and many many more!

Just like how India has many languages with no national language it has many film industries and Bollywood solely doesn’t represent India.

Just quoting it to repost,  because it's so important. Although my username is Hindi, and I've seen around 3-400 HIndi fils and only a handful from other Indian languages, it's useful to remember trhat Hindi is India's largest single language and 3/4 off Indians do NOT speak it as their L1 

Why Choose Indian Content? Addressing Common Concerns

A very good friend once asked me why I prefer Indian dramas, considering they are often perceived as long, lacking subtitles, and of inferior quality. This question likely resonates with many, so I thought I'd share my response here.

Audience

Firstly, it’s essential to understand that the primary audience for Indian content is the Indian population. This audience is shaped by geographical culture, gender, age group, and various other factors. Indian dramas are tailored to resonate with these viewers, offering them relatable stories and familiar cultural contexts.

Length

When it comes to length, let's draw a comparison. Many people enjoy Turkish, Spanish, and Lebanese dramas, which often run for 100-250 episodes at 2.5 hours per episode. In contrast, Indian dramas usually have episodes that are only 20 minutes long. If we consider 1,000 episodes:

• Indian Drama: 20 minutes/episode * 1,000 episodes = 20,000 minutes = 333 hours
  • Turkish/Spanish/Lebanese Drama: 150 minutes/episode * 150 episodes = 22,500 minutes = 375 hours

As you can see, the difference in total viewing time isn’t as significant as it might initially seem.

Subtitles

The issue of subtitles is also becoming less of a problem. Official networks now provide subtitles on their websites as soon as the episodes are telecast. Additionally, subtitles are often available on free  and paid sites if you search for them. So, language barriers are being addressed effectively.

Quality

Quality can vary, and it often depends on the production company. Indian serials, updated daily, face constraints on time and budget, which can affect their quality. However, there are many high-quality Indian dramas and movies available. Web series, in particular, have shown significant improvements in production values.

Every country's entertainment industry produces both high-quality and less impressive content. For instance, I recently watched a drama from another country that had 50-52 episodes of 45 minutes each. Despite its popularity, I lost interest after 24 episodes due to poor writing and illogical plot developments. This shows that quality can be inconsistent everywhere.

Viewing Preferences

Indian serials used to air one or two-hour episodes weekly until the 1990s when the format shifted to 20-minute daily episodes. Indian audiences appreciate this frequent, shorter format. Conversely, other countries offer weekly episodes of longer duration, which can create more anticipation and perceived value due to their rarity.

For example, a show with weekly episodes might get hyped up, even if the story drags, simply because it airs less frequently. This is true of many international dramas that gain attention despite inconsistent quality.

Diverse Preferences

Ultimately, the reasons why audiences like or dislike content are varied. Preferences can be influenced by favorite actors, directors, producers, storylines, genres, cultural elements, or even scandals at the time. Each audience has its unique preferences, and it’s vital to respect that diversity.

It’s not necessary for everyone to like or dislike the same content. You are free to have your preferences, just as others are free to have theirs. There’s no need to look down on someone for their different tastes in country or content.

In conclusion, Indian dramas offer a rich tapestry of stories and characters that many people find appealing. They are evolving, with improvements in subtitles and production quality, and they provide a unique window into Indian culture. So, why not give them a chance?

ASTER:

I do not know much about India, whatever I know, I have come to know from my Indian and Pakistani friends and from the internet. If I get to know about the culture, speech, language, tradition or people of a country through drama movie, then it is a very beautiful thing.

pls suggest me some good drama/movie

I'm old, so my movie preferences are old. Some of these are Black and white, but the music and poetry in them is, imo, sublime

Pyaasa (1957)

Naya Daur (1957)

Kashmir ki Kali (1964)

Waqt (1965)

Teesri Kasam (1966)

Brahmachari (1968)

Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)

Umrao Jaan (1981)

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1982)

Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa (1998)

1947 Earth  (1998)

Lagaan (2001)

Kannathil Muthamittal (2002)

Maqbool (2003)

Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)

Aaja Nachle (2006)

Jab We Met (2007)

Chak De India  (2007)

Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2007)

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)

Firaaq (2008)

Ramchand Pakistani (2008)

I am Kalam (2011)

Adaminte Makan Abu  (2011)

Mere Brother ki Dulhan (2011)

Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015)

burhaa aadmi:
Jab We Met (2007)

Chak De India  (2007)

burhaa aadmi:
Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015)

i watched above three they are good 

The rest are very old and will they be available online with subtitles. Because there is not much difficulty in finding recent contents. but  old ?

thanks

ASTER:

i watched above three they are good 

The rest are very old and will they be available online with subtitles. Because there is not much difficulty in finding recent contents. but  old ?

thanks

Most of the old ones are on YouTube with subs now, I think

ok i'll try thanks

Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar It's a great romcom. There will be a smile on your face the whole time. You will not feel bored. It's fun to watch. I recommend it 10/10.  this movie delivered what I wanted. and i am happy. I liked the work of all the artists. Especially Anubhav Singh Bassi .

Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side  (s1 ) not perfection in writting/direction . The writing and execution/direction is sloppy. Budget could be one reason for this. Barun and Arshad, the main and experienced actors, have not taken their profession seriously. Everyone except them has naturally adapted to the role.They couldn't get me to convince  the background setup, If you are doing body examination then take care of proper use of gloves and mask otherwise what is the point of playing the role of medical field.  Technicality is very important in a series like crime investigation. take care of small small  details. Which is lacking here.  Mysteriousness is the things that would have kept the audience engaged in this series but the complaint is on the execution. Interesting twist, it has been seen that the villain gives a message to the hero through murder, but it has not been seen that the hero gives a message to the other hero through murder. It is not difficult to understand who Villian is, you will get an idea from the initial episode itself. So for me it was a predictable series. The narration of present and past was good to maintain mystery. Description of the spiritual aspect makes it interesting. overall Concept was good but execution was lacking. Budget/production is the main reason for this.  i'm dissapointed . 3/10 not recommended .

next

previous

Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side  (s2)  It seemed as if an immature author had written it when some childish mistakes were made but where the relation between mythology and current events was explained, it was interesting, the mythological conversations were also excellent. The entire investigation was thrilling. As boring as the first season was, this season was better.  recommended 6/10

Congratulations to my Indian friends on winning the match