Black

My Name is Khan

Swades

Taare Zameen Par

Kumbalangi Nights

C/o Kancharapalem

Jersey

Bangalore Days

I’m not really a cinephile but I can surely say there are few gems in this list. Happy Watching!

Nice collection except jodha akbhar 

Minchane:

Nice collection except jodha akbhar 

You don’t like it? One of my favorites!

Sunnie:

You don’t like it? One of my favorites!

Well if you  know  the reality of akbhar

Minchane:

Well if know reality of akbhar

Ahh yes! He was barbaric and also a great social reformer! Just like how we all have both the good and bad sides he did too. Anyway I tend to switch off my brain while watching movies. Good day! 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt27993208/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

BARSATEIN

This is ongoing drama. Must watch and their chemistry is to die for

Sunnie:

Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

Btw Bollywood which is a Hindi language film industry is just one of the many film industries of India. There are many other language film industries like Tollywood (Telugu), Kollywood (Tamil), Ollywood (Odia),  Sandalwood (Kannada), Mollywood (Malayalam) and many many more!

Just like how India has many languages with no national language it has many film industries and Bollywood solely doesn’t represent India.

Just quoting it to repost,  because it's so important. Although my username is Hindi, and I've seen around 3-400 HIndi fils and only a handful from other Indian languages, it's useful to remember trhat Hindi is India's largest single language and 3/4 off Indians do NOT speak it as their L1 

The problem with Indian content is that it is very long , not available with subtitles and quality is not good  .  why indian drama ?

A very good friend has asked me this question. And this must have been in the minds of many people. so i will answer here.

audience:

your basic audience is the audience of your own country . This audience is formed on the basis of geographical culture, gender and age group etc. 

length:

When you can watch two and a half hour Turkish Spanish Lebanese drama with 100-250 episodes then why not Indian drama.  

If Indian dramas are compared then each episode is 20 minutes long and if we take a thousand episodes. 20min *1000 episodes = 20000 mins / 60 mins = 333 hours approx

Now let's talk about Turkish spanish lebanon drama. 150 minutes per episode * 150 episodes / 60 minutes = 375 hours.

There is not much difference in length

Subtitles:

Subtitles are not available This problem is no longer there because the official networks make it available on the official website along with the subtitles as soon as the telecast is done. now they are also available in free sites. you just need to search.

quality

Production companies matter.  It comes when the production gives complete freedom to the writer and director. That is, it has no restrictions on time and budget, which is not principle in Indian serials which are updated daily, seven days .but still their are some dramas which have good quality  . i have watch some of them thanks to my friends . you just need to search . And don't forget movies . now webseries are also available. I have seen some of the content and I liked it. And which country's content is 100% good record? 

India also used to provide one episode of 1-2 hours a week, this rule was changed around 1990 and episodes of 20 minutes were provided daily. and indian audience are happy about it.

Apart from this, other countries also provide programs of 1-2.5 hours duration  of one episode and that too on a weekly basis. Whereas Indian serials give the same thing daily, if Indian serials are also provide 2.5 hours  weekly basis  one episode then I am sure it will also stand at par with other countries. Due to being  weekly, the dramas of other countries get a lot of hype because the things you get rarely are appreciated and the things you get regularly, people do not give that much importance to, same is the case with Indian serials.

For example, I recently watched P country drama which had 50-52 episodes of 45min running time. I lost interest in it after 24 episodes because the story was being stretched too much to keep the episodes going, scenes were jumping, there was no connection from one scene to the next, the writing was illogical, just because the lead couple were famous. , because episode came once a week. The audience gave it too much importance. Even with such poor writing, this show broke records.

The point of saying all this is that it is not certain on what basis the audience likes something. it can be anything . There are different reasons for audience liking.  Favorite actor, actress, director, producer/production, country , singer, story, theme, tag, genre , culture , environment Or there was some scandal at that time. So no one can control the choice of audience that you have to like any content on this particular  basis only .  Because every audience has different preferences.

It is not necessary that what you dislike/like should be disliked/liked by the whole world.

You are free to have your choice and so are others. There is no need to look down on someone if he does not agree with your choice of country/content.

ASTER:

I do not know much about India, whatever I know, I have come to know from my Indian and Pakistani friends and from the internet. If I get to know about the culture, speech, language, tradition or people of a country through drama movie, then it is a very beautiful thing.

pls suggest me some good drama/movie

I'm old, so my movie preferences are old. Some of these are Black and white, but the music and poetry in them is, imo, sublime

Pyaasa (1957)

Naya Daur (1957)

Kashmir ki Kali (1964)

Waqt (1965)

Teesri Kasam (1966)

Brahmachari (1968)

Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)

Umrao Jaan (1981)

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1982)

Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa (1998)

1947 Earth  (1998)

Lagaan (2001)

Kannathil Muthamittal (2002)

Maqbool (2003)

Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)

Aaja Nachle (2006)

Jab We Met (2007)

Chak De India  (2007)

Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2007)

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)

Firaaq (2008)

Ramchand Pakistani (2008)

I am Kalam (2011)

Adaminte Makan Abu  (2011)

Mere Brother ki Dulhan (2011)

Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015)

burhaa aadmi:
Jab We Met (2007)

Chak De India  (2007)

burhaa aadmi:
Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015)

i watched above three they are good 

The rest are very old and will they be available online with subtitles. Because there is not much difficulty in finding recent contents. but  old ?

thanks

ASTER:

i watched above three they are good 

The rest are very old and will they be available online with subtitles. Because there is not much difficulty in finding recent contents. but  old ?

thanks

Most of the old ones are on YouTube with subs now, I think

ok i'll try thanks

Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar It's a great romcom. There will be a smile on your face the whole time. You will not feel bored. It's fun to watch. I recommend it 10/10.  this movie delivered what I wanted. and i am happy. I liked the work of all the artists. Especially Anubhav Singh Bassi .

Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side  (s1 ) not perfection in writting/direction . The writing and execution/direction is sloppy. Budget could be one reason for this. Barun and Arshad, the main and experienced actors, have not taken their profession seriously. Everyone except them has naturally adapted to the role.They couldn't get me to convince  the background setup, If you are doing body examination then take care of proper use of gloves and mask otherwise what is the point of playing the role of medical field.  Technicality is very important in a series like crime investigation. take care of small small  details. Which is lacking here.  Mysteriousness is the things that would have kept the audience engaged in this series but the complaint is on the execution. Interesting twist, it has been seen that the villain gives a message to the hero through murder, but it has not been seen that the hero gives a message to the other hero through murder. It is not difficult to understand who Villian is, you will get an idea from the initial episode itself. So for me it was a predictable series. The narration of present and past was good to maintain mystery. Description of the spiritual aspect makes it interesting. overall Concept was good but execution was lacking. Budget/production is the main reason for this.  i'm dissapointed . 3/10 not recommended .

next

previous

Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side  (s2)  It seemed as if an immature author had written it when some childish mistakes were made but where the relation between mythology and current events was explained, it was interesting, the mythological conversations were also excellent. The entire investigation was thrilling. As boring as the first season was, this season was better.  recommended 6/10

Congratulations to my Indian friends on winning the match