I'd love to watch a drama where the main couple (1) are set up in an arranged marriage, (2) strive to support and defend each other from the beginning, and (3) develop a steadfast love relatively quickly (but it doesn't have to be immediate). I'm not looking for an enemies-to-lovers sort of arranged marriage, or one where disinterested parties take a long time to realize they like each other. Basically I want a ride-or-die couple brought together through arranged marriage who actually have a healthy relationship.

Does that exist?

Possibly Wrong Carriage, Right Groom? The ladies are switched so it's not technically who the FL was arranged to be married to, but she and the ML get along very well from the beginning and have a sweet relationship that turns to love very quickly.

emeraldarrows:

Possibly Wrong Carriage, Right Groom? The ladies are switched so it's not technically who the FL was arranged to be married to, but she and the ML get along very well from the beginning and have a sweet relationship that turns to love very quickly.

Thanks! This sounds like it's on the right track. I'll check it out.

Besides the great choices already mentioned, try Sweet 18? It may differ a tiny bit from what you’re asking for as the husband does take a little longer to fall in love/realize he’s in love with his wife, but as she’s really young it’s a natural progression. They do originally fight against the arranged marriage but that only lasts like the first episode iirc, afterwards they’re really supportive of each other as people even if they do bicker a ton. 

Not exactly what you're looking for, but similar:

• A Familiar Stranger - The ML and FL had an encounter in the past and each fell for each other, but were separated. The FL is forced to change faces with another woman and to take her place as the bride in an arranged marriage. It turns out to be an arranged marriage with the ML, but the FL can't reveal her identity to him.
  • The Eternal Love - The leads aren't exactly enemies, but the ML is suspicious of the FL at first. Her situation ins't straightforward. The soul of a real estate agent from modern times went back in time and started sharing the body of a noblewoman. The noblewoman was sweethearts with the ML's brother and rival, which is why he was suspicious of the FL. But it doesn't take him long to overcome his suspicions. They fall for each other quickly and become a ride-or-die couple.
  • The Crowned Clown - The Queen had an arranged marriage to the King. The ML secretly takes the King's place and falls for the Queen. From what I recall, they weren't really a ride-or-die couple, but they were very sweet. 
  • Nobleman Ryu's Wedding - BL. The ML has an arranged marriage, but after the wedding it turns out he married the bride's brother, as the bride had run away. I wouldn't call them ride-or-die, but from what I recall they agreed to work together on the same team pretty quickly.
 angeliviki2022:

Here are my recs:

Cool. I've seen (and liked) New Life Begins. I've been avoiding Destined bc someone told me it takes  a long time before the MC really get together. But maybe that's wrong?

Marine:

Besides the great choices already mentioned, try Sweet 18? It may differ a tiny bit from what you’re asking for as the husband does take a little longer to fall in love/realize he’s in love with his wife, but as she’s really young it’s a natural progression. They do originally fight against the arranged marriage but that only lasts like the first episode iirc, afterwards they’re really supportive of each other as people even if they do bicker a ton. 

I watched this a while ago and liked it! You're right about the bickering, though.

@AH,

Thanks for the recs! I've seen AFS and TEL (and liked both). I'm not a fan of BL, so I'll probably pass on NRW. But I'll take a look at The Crowned Clown!

OH actually have you seen Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni? This isn’t a hyperfocused romance and there are little stumbles between the leads here and there but it’s a beautiful story. Although the male lead does technically “choose” the female lead as his wife based on a split-second meeting they had as children, for me this is definitely still an arranged marriage. 

Marine:

OH actually have you seen Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni? This isn’t a hyperfocused romance and there are little stumbles between the leads here and there but it’s a beautiful story. Although the male lead does technically “choose” the female lead as his wife based on a split-second meeting they had as children, for me this is definitely still an arranged marriage. 

Yes! This is a fantastic drama!

That is also what I like much to watch, and especially when it is funny !

Try: The General's Lady, The Legend of Yun Xi, The Sword and the Brocade (you will love this one !), General and I, Queen Dugu, Battle of Changsha, The Story of Ming Lan, My heroic Husband (very funny and sweet !) ,  Oh my general (very funny too), New Life begins, Romance of a Twin Flower, Destined, Wrong Carriage right Groom, ...

I'm sorry but I can only propose historical chinese dramas ! 

I've also watched In This Corner of the World (Kono Sekai). Lovely drama. The two children were very briefly captured by traffickers and escaped together. Later in life, when his parents spoke of a marriage for him, he thought of this girl.

I liked the version of Wrong Carriage known as Truth or Dare. 

Was hoping that My Heroic Husband might have a continuation; although the main story was complete, it was definitely pointing towards a second part. However, she had no interest her her arranged husband initially - mostly, a matrilocal husband was necessary for her to continue as a businesswoman.

Um... what does "ride or die" mean? I don't even want to guess.

maidenholmes:

I've also watched In This Corner of the World (Kono Sekai). Lovely drama. The two children were very briefly captured by traffickers and escaped together. Later in life, when his parents spoke of a marriage for him, he thought of this girl.

I liked the version of Wrong Carriage known as Truth or Dare. 

Was hoping that My Heroic Husband might have a continuation; although the main story was complete, it was definitely pointing towards a second part. However, she had no interest her her arranged husband initially - mostly, a matrilocal husband was necessary for her to continue as a businesswoman.

Um... what does "ride or die" mean? I don't even want to guess.

Lol, "ride or die" just means extremely loyal and always having the other person's back. If you've seen the K-drama Happiness, that couple is a total ride-or-die couple.