Man everything I click on they're top of their school  or athletics or a doctor falls for a lawyer or it's an Idol or an Actress. Nobody is just like a normal dude working at a store living life. Everyone is pure fucking perfection or they've fallen from perfection and are already climbing back up. Why can't someone just be like a mid level human lol. Office romance is also always the CEO and some employee who is perfect at her job.  Surely people exist in Korean media who aren't wildly successful at every single thing they try.

Just Between Lovers comes to mind - ML is poor and works hard, FL has a better job but a normal one and a lot of issues at home. Both are just normal people with trauma.

There are K-dramas out there which are more slice of life/normal lives.

When the Weather is Fine 

My Liberation Notes

Misaeng (Incomplete Life)

Reply 1988

Dear My Friends

+ Just Between Lovers
+ My Liberation Notes
One Spring Night
Big Issue
My Mister
Pinocchio

Mateo:

Man everything I click on they're top of their school  or athletics or a doctor falls for a lawyer or it's an Idol or an Actress. Nobody is just like a normal dude working at a store living life. Everyone is pure fucking perfection or they've fallen from perfection and are already climbing back up. Why can't someone just be like a mid level human lol. Office romance is also always the CEO and some employee who is perfect at her job.  Surely people exist in Korean media who aren't wildly successful at every single thing they try.

All the dramas in the Reply series (19881994, 1997) fit this imo, they showcase normal people for the most part just doing their best. 

I'm just going to recommend my number one go-to drama for this: Ruler of Your Own World. It's from 2002, though, so be forewarned--the production quality is obviously lower than what we're used to now, but the writing is so, so good