Sleepninja wrote: Raven, how do you feel about dramas that are a bit more serious? There's a couple that aren't romantic comedies or action that I thought were really good.

LIFE

1 Litre of Tears

1 Litre doesn't sound very good at all...

Life sounds alright. But I watch Anime, and well I'm sort of sick of all the Highschool related genre types out there. That seems to be the only thing Japan is capable of producing... That and the whole must stop bullying thing has gotten on my nerves for the past year. -_-

Maybe I'll watch them in the future, but don't really want to at this point and time :2
Tokyo Dogs impressed me
Raventhedark wrote: 1 Litre doesn't sound very good at all...

Life sounds alright. But I watch Anime, and well I'm sort of sick of all the Highschool related genre types out there. That seems to be the only thing Japan is capable of producing... That and the whole must stop bullying thing has gotten on my nerves for the past year. -_-

Maybe I'll watch them in the future, but don't really want to at this point and time :2

Roger that!

goldenseal50 wrote: Tokyo Dogs impressed me

I enjoyed it a lot :)
Hmm, I have watched a decent amount (by my standards) of Jdrama's, and there are some, I have loved, but would never recommend to a Jdrama newbie, most of the suggestions in this thread are of that sort.. And then there are the ones regardless, I would recommend because they are awesome...In that category the already recommended ones would be: Bloody Monday Last Friends Love Shuffle Now the ones that I really really enjoyed that I haven't seen mentioned, that doesn't mean they weren't just means I wasn't paying close attention.. Hotaru no Hikari both seasons- About as Rom/Com as Jdrama's get imo.. LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~ MR. BRAIN Sunao ni Narenakute Uta no Onii-san Koshonin
I liked Tokyo Dogs as well. *U* It's been a looong while since that drama came out. o-o; I totally don't notice these things. I actually dislike most of the super-popular Jdramas...but I watched them anyway to see what the hype was. Meh.
Shiroi Haru Bara no Nai Hanaya Nobuta wo Produce Ninkyo Helper Tokyo Dogs At Home Dad Ending Planner
Why are you asking for help, pray tell? It's a bit hard to give recommendation to someone who's already heavily prejudiced. You've repeatedly declared that:

1. Japanese's acting is crap (your words)
2. Japanese history kind of sucks (and here you ask for historical dramas?)
3. Japanese are not pleasing to the eye
4. Japanese only produce lame, corny, manga-like, or school dramas of which you're tired (and this even before watching any)
5. Japanese have nothing better to offer than the above

So here's my recommendation to you: stay away from Japanese dramas. I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend.
amrita828 wrote: Why are you asking for help, pray tell? It's a bit hard to give recommendation to someone who's already heavily prejudiced. You've repeatedly declared that:

4. Japanese only produce lame, corny, manga-like, or school dramas of which you're tired (and this even before watching any)

So here's my recommendation to you: stay away from Japanese dramas. I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend.

I laughed.
amrita828 wrote: Why are you asking for help, pray tell? It's a bit hard to give recommendation to someone who's already heavily prejudiced. You've repeatedly declared that:

Somehow...I agree
I read all their suggestion..and all those drama are really good..(watch them all)...specially Nodame, Liar game and love shuffle(this one is really good..the plot is something unique and new)
every country has their own way of doing things...like people having different opinions that we should respect..
watch them first before you criticize:-)

Haha you make a good point and I do agree. ]

darkangel662008 wrote: Somehow...I agree
I read all their suggestion..and all those drama are really good..(watch them all)...specially Nodame, Liar game and love shuffle(this one is really good..the plot is something unique and new)
every country has their own way of doing things...like people having different opinions that we should respect..
watch them first before you criticize:-)

I fully agree
Well, it's his thread. Some of the people posting in here knew how he feels about Jdramas since before (you know that other thread...:p) and if you still came in here and got offended...tsk tsk...lol

I have watched plenty of Jdramas including specials and as much as I loved some of them I agree with Raven in at least two of those points Rita made.

So, you are sort of disregarding his opinion right now, aren't you? :p
Hahaha I agree u shouldn't judge a book by its cover a lot of japanese dramas are based of mangas and some are corny I'm not gonna lie...but a lot of Japanese dramas are really good and have great stories. I think it's only fair for Japanese dramas to be different from Korean, that's what makes Japanese dramas unique. They r both great Japanese and Korean. Besides mangas are awesome :)
O.O OMG are we being mean? poor Ravinthedark...lol I think he is tough he can take it...I promised him I would start watching Soldier...but I still haven't. so now he knows how we feel lolololol
LisNoir wrote: Well, it's his thread. Some of the people posting in here know how he feels about Jdramas since before (you know that other thread...:p) and if you still came in here and got offended...tsk tsk...lol

So, you are sort of disregarding his opinion right now. :p

No, my dear Lis. He opened a thread asking for help, but every recommendation has received a not so subtle disregard, so why ask?
I have watched - and liked - a good number of J-dramas and would be more than happy to help. But I cannot accept someone bashing an entire country and whatever it produces.
Once a thread has been opened, it belongs to everyone.

amrita828 wrote: No, my dear Lis. He opened a thread asking for help, but every recommendation has received a not so subtle disregard, so why ask?
I have watched - and liked - a good number of J-dramas and would be more than happy to help. But I cannot accept someone bashing an entire country and whatever it produces.
Once a thread has been opened, it belongs to everyone.

Rita...... I just have no words. Can I declare my love to you??? hugs!!!!!!!