I don't think it's on MDL yet, but I'm looking for something like 九五至尊, where the protagonist manages to find his footing in the present world. The Chinese emperor got warped into the present by a water tornado, and with little help by some family who mistakes him as their relative, he manages to stand on the top of the business world. And of course, he learned English and the computer very quickly and regularly checked stocks on his new laptop XD. You know, usually they go all in panic and fail to see the surroundings have changed? They tend to slice TVs in public, freak out at cellphones, all that. Many end up leeching off a modern family who somehow picks them up. - No Korean! - Preferably Japanese... though then again, as a Chinese/Taiwanese I like the Chinese history better? Hong-kong ones tend to be better but they can be somewhat hard to find in Chinese. Cantonese... arg-- my ears! Too strong accent. - Preferably male protagonist - Preferably no love triangles, not requirement. Actually, I'd love it even more if it doesn't have romance at all ><. But yea, whatever is fine. - Preferably someone who has a cool head... not too hot headed with the justice sort of stuff. But they must know basic morals, meaning no tsunderes who hates ppl for no reason and shows it in speech. I want ones who know how to repay debts and keep their biased opinions about their benefactors to themselves. Any recommendations? I know I'm asking the difficult but well, yea... there's one, there must be another!
The only time travelling dramas that i can think of are koreans and they have all what u don't like : romance, love triangles and so on. Sorry i couldn't help but i will try to think of a taiwanese or chinese drama bcz i don't think there's a japanese drama like u described.
I recently watched Samurai High School..
not really time travel, more like possessed by historical figure..
there's a bit about love triangle, tho..but really doesn't have any impact to any character or any story, i think.. :)

long love letter is also about time traveling to future, but from present to 2020..
九五至尊 was awesome xD can't think of any tho,, Can it be the other way, from modern to the past? "A Step Into The Past" (尋秦記) pretty funny, cantonese tho~
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_King_of_Yesterday_and_Tomorrow Is the drama you're talking about. Can someone add it to MDL?
@OP

Cant think of any sorry, just found your thread title and drama description very familiar...

Skye-N-Rain wrote: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_King_of_Yesterday_and_Tomorrow Is the drama you're talking about. Can someone add it to MDL?

I watched some of this too!
Heh... had been trying to find it on MDL, but never knew referred to it by its English name and couldnt recall the Chinese name either!
Have to rely on recognition usually, when adding older dramas.
Yea, I tried searching it on MDL before but couldn't find it. Tried adding it but said the pic was too small and I didn't bother... Guess it can't hurt to do a lil searching this time.
Tofugirl wrote: 九五至尊 was awesome xD
can't think of any tho,,
Can it be the other way, from modern to the past?
"A Step Into The Past" (尋秦記) pretty funny, cantonese tho~

Just finished A Step Into the Past, but damn was it hard to find! First off they weren't on any of the major drama streaming or download sites, and those that had it mostly were deleted... You know, those files that either got locked or deleted with MU being seized? After that the eps which weren't completed that were on youtube was Cantonese...

Well, I did up finding most eps on Dailymotion and that wu-something I forgot, but the torrents that I needed to download to fill up those that I didn't find sure was a pain~ ><||| But anyways, I did find them in Chinese lol XD \^o^/

Quite alot of HK dramas are dubbed into Chinese I think, just that they are damn hard to find!
Can't really think of any Japanese ones... going from past to future anyway... "Jin" involves present to past travel and actual historical characters... I checked the Japanese wikipedia article on "time travel" which lists tons of dramas, movies, books and manga involving time travel.... but none really had past characters coming into the future/present (or at least not that extreme... they'd jump like 40 years, and usually from present to future) Samurai High School is definitely an interesting take on the genre... but it would help if you like school dramas as it is really more that than anything else... It kind of combines the jumping to the past and jumping to the future types because the "spirit" does all kinds of weird things in the present (I don't think he ever really tries to adjust much though) and the guy he possesses does a constant internal monologue wondering why he does what he does because he's still conscious (just not in control) during the whole possession thing. And not to change to subject, but it seems like your tsundere is all tsun and no dere...
kurinezumi wrote: Can't really think of any Japanese ones... going from past to future anyway... "Jin" involves present to past travel and actual historical characters... I checked the Japanese wikipedia article on "time travel" which lists tons of dramas, movies, books and manga involving time travel.... but none really had past characters coming into the future/present (or at least not that extreme... they'd jump like 40 years, and usually from present to future)

Samurai High School is definitely an interesting take on the genre... but it would help if you like school dramas as it is really more that than anything else... It kind of combines the jumping to the past and jumping to the future types because the "spirit" does all kinds of weird things in the present (I don't think he ever really tries to adjust much though) and the guy he possesses does a constant internal monologue wondering why he does what he does because he's still conscious (just not in control) during the whole possession thing.

And not to change to subject, but it seems like your tsundere is all tsun and no dere...

Already watched Jin and loved it. Yea... I've never heard of any jdramas past to present either, in fact, the only drama I know is the one I mentioned =/

As for tsundere... honestly, I don't care about the later part. I never last so long, and it's CAUSE the "dere" part that I hate them even more. What makes them think they're so important that the moment their attitude changes people should rejoice and be at their mercy? Besides, how they act later on does not change the fact on my statement of their horrible upbringing resulting absolutely no manners.

I'll consider Samurai High School... it's certainly not something I'd usually like to watch but running out of options >.> Time will tell whether I'll last or not...