I'm in desperate need of a villain male lead!  I want them to have to deal with their identity and their choices because of what happens in the drama.

He must be:

Complex and ruthless

Clever

Just a bit playful

A true-blue villain at the start

The best examples that I've come up with from my watch list are Punch & Bridal Mask.  Both have leads that willingly engage in corruption and violence to accomplish their goals.  Something happens in the drama to shake them, and they begin to question things around them.  Cruel City has several antiheroes that I loved also.

The only other requirement that I need is a romance with that character.  Preferably not with a female lead that gets stepped on by the male lead.  I don't want a doormat or a woman that can't think for herself.  It doesn't have to be a happy ending.  Just something with FEELS.

Any suggestions?  I'm tempted to rewatch a few of these dramas, but I would much rather see something new!  I don't have a country preference, really.  Contemporary dramas, if at all possible.  If it's a Thai slap/kiss, I would prefer that the male lead be redeemed enough for me to overlook the violence he inevitably inflicts on the female lead.

Hi! :) I'd recommend Shark
Also The Devil or the J-version Maou
Byakuyako

Definitely, The King Of Dramas : antihero male lead who first has suspicious methods to reach his goal and then begin to question his morality, plus clever and resourceful female lead...But the loveline don't start at the beginning, took several ep (maybe 8 or 9 eps and it has 18 eps)
Have you watched Innocent guy? 
Shark & Bad Guy, same main actor. Maybe Beautiful Mind as well. 
Too Late to Say I Love You ---  True anti-hero ... Ruthless, but not a bad guy, just forced to do bad things ....  w/ lots of romance.
Friend, Our Legend --- very little romance .... It's all about the bromance  ... underrated drama, highly recommended!!
A Love to Kill --- anti-hero, as he sets out for revenge ...

I second dramas mentioned above, The Korean ones have complex good guys, w/ a ruthless side :
Byakuyako ...  Maou... Six Flying Dragons... The Princess' Man... Chuno...  Shark ... Bad Guy!