Hello Kdrama community! I was wondering if you recommend some dramas to me. I'm in the mood for something meatier and well, I guess melodramatic. I'm looking for those romances which are intense and with flawed characters. Basically, where one or both of the OTP have a dysfunctional relationship with each other, but can't live without the other person. Here are some dramas of what I mean: Secret Love (2013) Que Sera Sera Something Happened in Bali New Tales of Gisaeng Nice Guy Lovers Summer's Desire Autumn's Concerto It doesn't matter whether its Korean, Taiwanese, or Japanese. I've watched A LOT of drama (check out my list), so it may be hard to find something. XD Thanks guys! ps. I am already starting I Miss You.
Bara no nai Hanaya: Might not be exactly what you want but it is really good and worth a watch.
One million stars falling from the sky. BTW, I like your profile pic ^_^
Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta...try this....not sure if you're going to like it but just give it a try
Fashion King, sorry I love you, Lovers, 3-Iron, A love to kill, Bad Guy, Easy fortune happy life,I really really like you,Road number 1, those are the ones I've seen :D and if you haven't seen MARS, I really recommend it, it's about very dysfunctional people who become functional after they meet.
phoenixbasilisk wrote: Hello Kdrama community!

I was wondering if you recommend some dramas to me. I'm in the mood for something meatier and well, I guess melodramatic. I'm looking for those romances which are intense and with flawed characters. Basically, where one or both of the OTP have a dysfunctional relationship with each other, but can't live without the other person.

Here are some dramas of what I mean:

Que Sera Sera
Something Happened in Bali
New Tales of Gisaeng
Nice Guy
Lovers
Summer's Desire
Autumn's Concerto

It doesn't matter whether its Korean, Taiwanese, or Japanese.
I've watched A LOT of drama (check out my list), so it may be hard to find something. XD

Thanks guys!

ps. I am already starting I Miss You.

well I checked your list...you really have watched a lot...but if I am not wrong you have not watched The Princess Man or The Moon that embraces the sun or may be I missed them in your list? I think they fit for what you are looking for...
Oooh thank you for your recommendations everyone! I shall definitely add those to my list! Keep the recs coming! <333
Love Rain A Man's Story Queen Seon Deok A Thousand Days' Promise Princess' Man The Snow Queen Oohlala Spouses (currently airing) Five Fingers (currently airing) May Queen (at first; currently airing) Check out Korean melodramas; most of them have pretty dysfunctional couples.
"I Miss You" definitely is the very definition of melodrama and, from the episodes I've seen so far, it implies that their relationship will turn dysfunctional in the future. Here's the trailer for the drama:
Bringing this back with new dramas added! Any new recommendations?