While You Were Sleeping has just ended and I feel SO EMPTY T_T

I will be missing Lee Jong Suk's perfect smile, and cute little moments he had with both his brother and Suzy...

Anyway, moving on...

In a couple of weeks there will be some other shows starting that I'm planning on watching, but for the time being I've kind of fallen into a rut. Nothing seems to hold my interest very long and I've found myself dropping or putting dramas on hold more often than I used to. I think this mainly has to do with the fact that my expectations have been raised so high due to a couple of dramas that I watched recently. 

So I would be so thankful if the more experienced watchers out there pointed me in the right direction after taking a look at my list and finding similar dramas to my top rated. 

Here is my drama list: MyDramaList  (Side note: I don't care if you recommend me dramas already in my to-watch list, I'm mainly just looking for a point in the right direction because there are so many to watch.)

Some more about my interests:

*I prefer Kdramas. This one is strange, but I've tried watching Chinese dramas before, and I don't know if it's the acting, or the strange dubbing, or even the production value, but it's really hard for me to finish a cdrama. The last one I tried to watch was Love O2O and I ended up dropping it after around the first five episodes, though the main lead was certainly very good looking... ;)

*I really REALLY like when the main male lead is clingy and gets jealous easily <3 (It's a plus if he falls in love fist as well) Healer, and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon are perfect examples of this, and I just loved the relationships between the leads.

Ahhh, why can't men be like this in real life...

*One last thing is that I can't stand a weak female lead, I'm a pretty strong feminist and it's really annoying when I come across a female lead that totally relies on her male counterpart. Now this one isn't as important as my first two, so it's okay if you recommend some dramas that have ladies with this trait. Sometimes if the story is good enough I can look past it. 

Thanks in advance I look forward to watching the dramas you recommend me!!

After reading your post I was going to recommend WFKBJ, but I see that you've watched it already. 

You also have some great titles in your to-watch list. Based on your request, you might want to start with It's Okay, That's Love. It has a strong female protagonist, the guy falls first, the main couple are clingy (lots of kisses), and it doesn't drag. 

I also just finished WYWS and jumped straight to Because This is My First Life, which I LOVE. I've been trying to put off watching it until it finished airing and couldn't resist any longer. The FL might come across as one of those annoyingly shy and useless female characters in the very beginning, but she's very competent in certain areas and commits to the decisions she makes. 

Last note. One title not in your list that I'd recommend is Live Up to Your Name. Korean time travel / medical drama with a very strong, competent FL, a great couple with good skinship, and its pretty fast paced. 

If you are looking for strong and smart female leads you can try the historical kdrama Empress Ki or Queen Seon Deok and Dong yi. 

I also dropped Love O2O the story was too cheesy for me. They are some good CDramas like Rookie Agent Rouge or Ode to Joy. In love me if you dare, the female lead was smart as well. 

If you are okay with time travel and find you liked Live up to your name (as mentioned above by another recommender *it's seriously really good*) you may also want to try Queen In Hyun's man. The female lead in that is pretty strong minded and not a push over at all. Also not a damsel in need of rescuing.  

I see on your "To be watched" list that you have The girl who can see scents. That is a pretty good one. They are pretty affectionate with each other and it's very comedic, and has some interesting plot twists.

If you are willing to try something new. I'd really recommend Ugly Duckling : The Perfect Match. This is  Thailand drama that is about a girl who has really bad acne due to a facial treatment and has to spend a year healing. She goes to a countryside college where she can go to a local clinic and get treatments. While she is there she makes friends and has some really good interactions with cute boys. She's not a strong female lead, she's a bit simple minded in that she can't read meaning into some things. But the interactions between her and the male lead are ADORABLE and he's SUPER CLINGY! It's available on Youtube from the broadcast's official channel and they have English subtitles. It is the first in a series of 4 but you don't have to watch them in order to see the whole story play out.

Wednesday 3:30 p.m. is another really good short drama that has cute interactions between the leads. A girl's friend helps her rebuild her confidence when she and her boyfriend break up. It's a nice quick watch and has some nice messages in it to remind you of your own self worth.

If you are into fantasy and bending a logic a bit a really good drama is called Blade Man. The female lead in that is pretty strong minded and doesn't need rescuing instead often rescuing others. She has a caring nature about her that makes her admired by many men but not always in a romantic sense. The male lead is a bit overbearing and egotistical in the beginning about his affection and desires to have her in his life but she stands up for herself and doesn't let him push her around. *If you go into the drama knowing that the fantasy portion of the story is a visual display of some of the psychological under lying plot lines you shouldn't be disappointed.*

If you don't mind your leads being a little bit on the refreshingly innocent side. Shopping King Louie might be a drama you want to try. They are pretty clinging as the situations that occur cause them to live together for a great. The female lead is hard working and tries her best and really wants the best for those around her.  There is some great comedy in this drama too. 

i think you would like chicago typewriter!

From your list I see you have Boss and Me and that one fits your criteria to a T.  It is a wonderful show which I have watched multiple times.    Because of meeting you or Because of You on viki.com is another Chinese show that caught my heart.  Secret Garden like Boys over Flowers and Heartstrings are Classic.

I don't know how far you got into Marriage not dating but I didn't like it in the beginning and then it turned out to be a favorite of Mine.  Kind of like Mask, hated the beginning then loved and have rewatched multiple times.

I didn't see Full House K version or Full House Thai version...both are very good and classic.

I didn't see Smile, you. Attic Cat, My Little Bride or Delightful girl Choon Hyang.  These are are all older dramas but might not be on your radar because they are older.

I'm looking too  sigh...I've been watching so long that I have a hard time finding anything fresh to watch.  I'm up on the new stuff but am looking at show that have been out four years or more.  Check out my list Ma Webre  I like just about anything so if it has a rating of 7 or lower or I dropped it I really hated the show.  I also need happy endings...just saying.

AH:

After reading your post I was going to recommend WFKBJ, but I see that you've watched it already. 

You also have some great titles in your to-watch list. Based on your request, you might want to start with It's Okay, That's Love. It has a strong female protagonist, the guy falls first, the main couple are clingy (lots of kisses), and it doesn't drag. 

I also just finished WYWS and jumped straight to Because This is My First Life, which I LOVE. I've been trying to put off watching it until it finished airing and couldn't resist any longer. The FL might come across as one of those annoyingly shy and useless female characters in the very beginning, but she's very competent in certain areas and commits to the decisions she makes. 

Last note. One title not in your list that I'd recommend is Live Up to Your Name. Korean time travel / medical drama with a very strong, competent FL, a great couple with good skinship, and its pretty fast paced. 

Thank you so much! 

I was the same as you with Because This is my First Life. I was waiting for it to finish, but my Korean friend says that it is really good, so I might not be able to wait the last week for it to end before I start watching it. ;)

A couple of months ago I watched like half of the first ep. of It's Okay, That's Love, mostly because of D.O. I just couldn't find myself getting into it. Honestly I think this was mostly due to the fact that I had started watching Goblin, and I found myself ignoring all the other dramas I was watching at the time. Now I will definitely give it another try. 

Kwekwe:

If you are looking for strong and smart female leads you can try the historical kdrama Empress Ki or Queen Seon Deok and Dong yi. 

I also dropped Love O2O the story was too cheesy for me. They are some good CDramas like Rookie Agent Rouge or Ode to Joy. In love me if you dare, the female lead was smart as well. 

Ahh, Empress Ki... A lot of people had recommended this drama to me, and I admit I'm kind of a sucker for Ji Chang Wook, so of course I was dead set on watching it. Then I accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler, and not just a little spoiler either, no somebody thought that it was a good idea to spoil the entire last episode. It made me so depressed that I immediately stopped myself from watching it. A couple of days later I realized that just because I knew the ending it wouldn't make the entire plot boring, but I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. 

My interest is know renewed and I will probably watch it within the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the recommendations! 

anushkaxsarkar:

i think you would like chicago typewriter!

This is one I have been putting off for the longest time, and I have no idea why. I did the same thing with both Goblin and WFKJ, and immensely enjoyed both after I finally broke down and watched them. Maybe it's just something about high ranking dramas being a huge disappointment if it's not my style.  

Anyway I won't be putting it off anymore, thanks for giving me the push to watch it :)

Kayleigh, the 11th episode of BTIMFL ends with a good stopping point I think. I'm going to try not to watch more episodes until all of it has aired :)