Hi! I'm desperately looking for some good Chinese, Taiwanese, or HK dramas that have a happy ending--especially any that are historical/wuxia/xianxia, or any that deal with crime/mystery. And of course, with some romance (doesn't matter how much)!

I've run into a couple where the first 20 eps are 100% happy, then the latter takes a depressing turn and never recovers. I understand this may be a really hard request, but surely some must be out there :(

I have not watched many. The ones I watched so far, that I enjoyed and fall into this category are:

Love Me If You Dare (crime/romance)

Gilded Chopsticks (historical/comedy/romance)

Battle of Changsha (historical/slice of life?/romance)

Condor Heroes (wuxia/romance)

Please share any and all recommendations! :)

• Sound of the Desert - many of the typical elements of a tragic Chinese historical / wuxia drama, but the author loved the characters so much that all of the main characters live in the end and the main couple escapes to live happily ever after away from the politics of the army and city.
  • The Imperial Doctress - a Chinese historical drama about the daughter of a family that practices medicine. She's passionate about studying medicine, and gets tangled up with the royal family. 
  • Love Lost in Times - Chinese historical fantasy about a prince and a sorceress. 
  • The Eternal Love - Chinese drama where a modern girl time travels into the body of a girl in ancient times. ML is a strong fighter but pretends not to be, so you rarely see him fight. It has a satisfying ending (so don't feel like you have to wait to watch it), but they're making a second season!
  • When a Snail Falls in Love - Modern Chinese drama about criminal profilers. 
  • Love O2O - modern Chinese drama that takes place partly in an online game where they wear traditional clothing / weapons / etc, and partly in modern times where the characters are computer majors in university / starting their careers after they graduate. 
  • Attention, Love! - modern Taiwanese drama set in high school and university. Both leads are good fighters and there is a little bit of fighting, but not much.
  • Bromance - modern Taiwanese drama where both leads are good fighters (they meet in a fight). The female lead has to live as a boy until she is 26. 

I would also recommend considering:

• The Princess Wei Young - a Chinese historical / wuxia drama with an excellent female lead who is strong, smart, beautiful, and resourceful. It's not a purely happy ending because some characters do die, but the last scene takes place years after the final showdown (where most characters would die in a normal tragic wuxia drama) and I won't spoil everything for you, but I consider it bittersweet in a satisfying way, rather than unnecessarily tragic

@AH Thank you so much for all the recommendations and the detailed info. SotD sounds right up my alley hahah, happy endings for everyone. EL is definitely in my plans, and I'll give the rest a shot as well very soon. Anything bittersweet is good as well, heck, anything that doesn't involve needless deaths if that makes sense!

@HappySqueak Thank you for these two recs! I haven't watched many 50+ ep dramas. Family secrets/jealousy/lies plots stress me out a bit, but I'll give these a shot as well.

The Greatest love

My love Eun Dong

Beautiful Mind

Cinderella and Four Knights

High-End Crush

Kill Me heal me - kind of intense as it's about multiple personality disorder, however, his personalities are hilarious