Old, new, still airing, romance, no romance, politics, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong, anything, I don't care, I'm a historical drama junkie! What are some of the best historical dramas ever made?

Have seen quite a lot Chinese historical dramas this past few months, one of the best i have watched was TEN MILES OF PEACH BLOSSOM.

I also recommend 

Love lost in Time

Princess Agents

Joowonholic:

Have seen quite a lot Chinese historical dramas this past few months, one of the best i have watched was TEN MILES OF PEACH BLOSSOM.

I also recommend 

Love lost in Time

Princess Agents

Thanks!! I'll have to watch them

Seriously though, I really liked "the king loves", as the narrative is told through the main group of 3 friends and really paces itself well. 

"Scholar who walks the night" is a fun historical fiction about a vampire who lives in  Joseon times. 

"Moonlight drawn by clouds" Is a great one about an adorable love story with the prince. 

However, I'm pretty sure "nirvana on fire" should be at the top of your list as it has gotten nothing but overwhelming critical acclaim. 

I really like historical dramas too. Here are my faves. 

Moon Embracing the Sun- Historical romance and fantasy.

Eternal Love aka. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms- Fantasy with a historical setting. 

Queen In Hyun's Man- Time travel, but they spend a significan portion of the drama in the Joseon era. 

Love in the Moonlight aka. Moonlight Drawn by Clouds- Historical romance. 

Scarlet Heart Ryeo-Historical and political. 

Lost Love in Times- Fantasy with historical setting. 

The Eternal Love-Time travel but the times in the present are just a few minutes of the drama. 

My Only Love Song- Another time travel that takes place mostly in the past. The comedy is great and the kisses are amazing. 

My Sassy Girl- Historical romantic comedy.

Scholar Who Walks the Night-Fantasy (vampire) historical romance.

Snow Lotus- Is a two episode drama about reincarnation, so you get to see their past and present lives. It has an amazing plot twist that I did not see coming, and I'm usually great at guessing plot twists.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal- Cross-dressing historical drama, one of my all time favorites and I just re-watched it a couple of days ago. 

The King in Love- History and politics. 

Ruler: Master of the Mask- History and politics with some romance. 

The Legend of the Blue Sea-Fantasy romance with a reincarnation plot. It's mostly present time but you do get to see their past. 

Splash, Splash Love- Time travel romance, takes place mostly in the past. 

Queen Seon Deok 

Six Flying Dragons

Queen for seven days

Rebel the Thief who stole the people

Faith

Queen Seon Deok

Nirvana in Fire 

One of my favorite korean drama : FAITH 

I secound many of the already mentioned but haven't seen anyone recomend this; 

"Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan", a really great drama about a concubine life through her ups and downs after entering the palace, and how she rise the ranks in the harem.

These are some my favorite Historical drama  Empress Ki, Hwarang, Scholar Who Walks the Night, Jang ok Jung, Queen In Hyun's Man and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. 

Nirvana in Fire - simply the best drama ever

Battle of Changsa

Tree with deep Roots

Queen Seondeok

Conspiracy of Court

Jeon Dojeong

All Quiet in Peking

Period drama: The Disguiser, The Emperor's Cook

More fantasy/wuxia: Ten miles of Peach blosooms

Nirvana in Fire

Battle of Changsha 

Six Flying Dragons