I just finished General and I loved it. I want to watch something similar. It doesn't have to be periodic time and it can be anything but Korean :)  I started eternal love because it has such good ratings. However, I'm losing interest and I don't know why. I will continue to watch it but we'll see. 

This is my list of Chinese historical/period/costume dramas so far.

10 Miles is really awesome if you can stick with it through your slump.  If not, I suggest picking up any of the following:

The King's Woman.  It's based on the first Chinese Emperor and his rumored relationship with a concubine.  In real life, that relationship ended up being the basis for questioning the parentage of the third Emperor of China.

The Princess Wei Young is a similar to General & I in that Li Wei Young is an excellent strategist like Bai Ping Ting.

I'm currently watching Nirvana in Fire and really enjoying it.  The main character is a male strategist. The cool thing is it has a currently airing sequel, Nirvana in Fire 2.

Happy watching with whatever you end up going with!

Oh My General is good! First 20 eps was ridiculously funny!

I'll second the Princess Wei Young and add the Eternal Love, Lost Love in Times, the Imperial Doctress, Sound of the Desert, and Love O2O

I'm currently watching General & I and I dropped Eternal Love / Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms after 47 episodes (I forced myself to keep watching because of the ratings, I thought eventually I'd get into it, but never did). 

Thank you Six! I'm will  definitely look into those dramas. 

AH, Love O2O was good! It took me a bit to be into Eternal Love ( I have to skip a lot of the episodes lol) I eventually liked it and finished it but it didn't top General and I..