I'm looking for j-dramas that give off a specific feel, similar the feeling I got when I watched Ikebukuro West Gate Park. I want something that really shows off the city/town street life, and the culture. Kind of in a way that some animes do (Durarara for instance, also set in Ikebukuro - very visual). I don't know if my request makes sense haha, but in any case.. here are some dramas I've already seen/am watching that gave off a similar vibe:

Suki na hito ga iru koto (set in Kamakura/Enoshima - I actually visited there as a result of this drama)
Kisarazu Cats Eye
N No Tame Ni (maybe not to the same extent as the others as there wasn't as many outdoor shots)

I'm more into dramas that focus on friendship/slice-of-life/romance or youth but am good with any of the following genres: comedy (though I'm not into anything OTT), mystery/thriller, etc

Movies are fine too but I tend to focus better when watching dramas :)

I haven't seen some of the drama you mentioned (especially IWGP - and yeah, I survived 7 years in Jdramaland without watching it) so the following might not be what you are expecting: 

• Kamo, Kyoto e iku (Kyoto)
  • Keishicho Zero Gakari (the humour can not be to your taste)
  • Kekkonshiki no Zenjitsu ni (Tsukiji in Tokyo)
  • Minshu no Teki (but if i remember well, it's a fictious city)
  • Tokyo Sentimental (T okyo, and probably the one where you'll see lots of spot form the big town - as for the story, it's probably better with subs...)

and there are probably many others

If you don't mind rural areas, I would suggest : 

• Osozaki no himawari
  • Genkai Shuraku Kabushiki Kaisha
  • Umi no ue no Shinryoujo
  • Summer Nude (similar to Suki na Hito.. in settings, though I don't know where it was set)

I second Osozaki no Himawari and Summer Nude

Tantei wa bar ni iru (movie trilogy) - Sapporo

Also, I second the Mahoro Ekimae series (2 movies + tv drama) suggested by Kittyflumpin. As the name suggests, Mahoro-shi is a fictional place but it's modeled after a real city and the 'feel' is definitely there.

Maybe not to the extent that Ikebukuro West Gate Park did, but some that came to mind:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :D I'll definitely check out these titles and see if I might enjoy any. For now I've started Stand Up as I fancied something youth/comedy but I'll look into the others at some point ^_~