Not quite sure how to explain what I mean, but I will try nonetheless :D I am looking for dramas that have a running theme of difficult romance. What I mean by that is a romance in which misunderstandings, twists, intrigue, jealousy and even revenge is the norm before the couple gets together. Ideally, the sweet scenes would be intertwined with more complicated, dramatic scenes. I am thinking of dramas like W, Another Miss Oh, Moon Lovers, the beginning of Uncontrollably Fond, The King's Woman, Kill Me, Heal Me or the currently airing The Great Seducer. I don't mind love triangles or multiple males liking the same girl, but I am not particularly interested in multiple female leads. Any recommendations?

Misty!  - the main leads are married but in the edge of separation. Suddenly the female lead is being targeted as a suspect in her former lover's death. Just guessing from the title, you know that this is a dark, full of twists, jealousy kind of drama. And the female lead..she's awesome. 

iamgeralddd:

Misty!  - the main leads are married but in the edge of separation. Suddenly the female lead is being targeted as a suspect in her former lover's death. Just guessing from the title, you know that this is a dark, full of twists, jealousy kind of drama. And the female lead..she's awesome. 

^ Definitely agree.

Also, a bunch of historical dramas:

• The Imperial Doctress
  • Queen for Seven Days
  • The Princess' Man
  • Princess Agents
  • Empress Ki

Because This is My First Life - Secondary couple

Cheese in the Trap

Heart to Heart

Love Relationship - all about difficult romance

Madame Antoine - shady, manipulative ML

@ iamgeralddd I heard about Misty and was wondering if I should start watching it. I think that I might do it now!

@ AH I have to agree that historical dramas seem to have this theme more often that not. Some of the shows you mentioned are on my PTW list, but not all, so I will check them out :)

@ Anajwo Thanks! Among the shows you mentioned, I have never heard of Love Relationship. Did you like it?

• Innocent man
  • Que sera sera
  • Summer's Desire
  • Bad Love
  • The moon embracing the sun
  • Taiyou no kisetsu
  • Nagareboshi
  • Love that makes you cry

Black fit this description. There are several twists and turns to its plot as well.

✔️ Devil

✔️ Gu Family Book

✔️ Love Me If You Dare

✔️ Hello Monster 

✔️ Ruler 

✔️ Hwayugi

✔️ Scholar Who Walked the Night 

✔️ King in Love

✔️ Arang and the Magistrate 

Ok, all the recommendations duly noted! :)