@shotasidepart... by Like Love's low production quality...you mean you can't see clearly what they're doing in the dark hahahha just kidding :)

On a more serious note...I think Like Love wasn't too much my cup of tea as its premise reminds me  of "It Started With A Kiss" and its many versions...A "dumber/inept" unpopular girl, this time guy, chasing a "Smarter/Master of All things" popular rich guy. I get it that everybody has their own taste and so many people must have liked it for Like Love and ISWAK to be so popular. I tried to watch the many versions of ISWAK trying to see if my bias towards Ariel Lin (dont like her at that time) is clouding my perception....but nope..I watched the Korean and Japanese and I still don't like the premise of a couple with quite such an unbalance footing ....especially with a clingy girl (this time Mai Ding).  But that's just me.

I liked it because I just really found it funny... I can't remember laughing this much watching anything bl related as they mostly tend to be really sad.

That is true .Like Live is one of the more lighthearted ones....unfortunately a lot of BL dramas are sad...and a lot of those that aren't are either campy or overmelodratic.  I was trying to find a funny one but all I can think of is Docchi Mo Docchi.....

@ShotaSidePart...I kept confusing yours and A7Spiders list hahaha.....sorry

Red Balloon!!! simply amazing plot and also great soundtrack

Till Death Tear Us Apart is really well made but more bromancey with very obvious romantic hints bc of the bans (i'm in the middle of translating the novel which is more ahem explicit look me up on wattpad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPmJSKkY0s idk how to translate this but it's like a thing where a gay guy gets a virtual lover but it goes wrong (engsub dw) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWo6pqit83M omg this one made me cryyyy it's called "to you for me" amazing short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TlnyWw9b3A a little hard to follow but still soo good i cried in this one (another short film) "way out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZApkipXI76A the feels are there!! "find you in the crowd" short film

i've been following this thread lolol so i guess i need to give back to y'all so here ya go!!

@isthisellen I've watched all the titles you mentioned...the one where the guy gets a virtual lover is called "customized companion"

I loved Find you in the crowd....huhuhu

Recently I just watched select club Friday series

CF4: Secret of A Heart that doesn't exist - Pchy, one of the ML in Love of Siam, is the ML here

CF8: True Love or Just Confused - I loved this one and I couldn't get enough of it for days....so amazing 

BL asian dramas suck because they are underage 

Lustdrama:

BL asian dramas suck because they are underage 

Oh ..don't you mean it sucks because you can't watch them because you're underage?

Tanky Toon:

Oh ..don't you mean it sucks because you can't watch them because you're underage?

NOPE , most BL drama are about kids in school curious about their sexuality . Not a story to be told just a movie would do

Lustdrama:

NOPE , most BL drama are about kids in school curious about their sexuality . Not a story to be told just a movie would do

I find it the opposite: I find most Asian BL movies suck..it was really hard for me to choose my top 10 fave movies but I could easily fill up my bottom 10 or even 20 worst BL movies....I don't know if it's because most of them are low budget productions or they could not seem to fit the story they want to tell in such a short time frame.

BL dramas on the other hand get to explore their angst, insecurities, or whatchamacallit feelings.. It was difficult for me to choose my favorite top 10 dramas because there's so many to choose from ....but for me the sad part is that Chinese "BL" dramas would be great if they are actually given the full reigns to explore BL themes without any censure...I would have loved to see the real BL cuts/versions of Adcance Bravely, My Beloved Enemy, Revive, and Till Death do Us Part to name a few.

Mangas and anime are better in homosexuel stories coz asian culture still oppressed LGBTQ+

Even west movies about BL is law budget and kinda pre one night stand story that ends as if its never happened  except for Brokeback Mountain movie

Tanky Toon:

I find it the opposite: I find most Asian BL movies suck..it was really hard for me to choose my top 10 fave movies but I could easily fill up my bottom 10 or even 20 worst BL movies....I don't know if it's because most of them are low budget productions or they could not seem to fit the story they want to tell in such a short time frame.

BL dramas on the other hand get to explore their angst, insecurities, or whatchamacallit feelings.. It was difficult for me to choose my favorite top 10 dramas because there's so many to choose from ....but for me the sad part is that Chinese "BL" dramas would be great if they are actually given the full reigns to explore BL themes without any censure...I would have loved to see the real BL cuts/versions of Adcance Bravely, My Beloved Enemy, Revive, and Till Death do Us Part to name a few.

My head is spinning with all this info. I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I've watched and enjoyed some BL dramas, no where near 100, but getting there!  I seem to like the Thai dramas the best. The last one I watched was Together With me and fell in love with Korn. I watch this thread to read what people think of certain dramas in this genre. I just love taking in all the eye candy, relationship issues, and general culture and language of whatever I'm watching. 

No drama or film is perfect, but I'll take 80% to consider something 'good'. :-)

Lustdrama said:

"Mangas and anime are better in homosexuel stories coz asian culture still oppressed LGBTQ+

Even west movies about BL is law budget and kinda pre one night stand story that ends as if its never happened  except for Brokeback Mountain movie"

If you meant that Anime and Manga are better in portraying homosexuality then I agree with you...its as almost saying it's okay for cartoons to be gay or homosexuality in fiction is okay but not in real life or live action works.

Even Brokeback Mountain related a story of homosexuality that needed to be hidden....and even then they may not be gay men but just simply two men who fell in love.  But that movie was set in the 60's where same-sex relationships were still shunned.

Good thing is that there is more LGBTQ representation in the West and some countries in the East are following suit. I think Thailand has more of an accepting attitude towards same-sex relationships with the amount of BL dramas and movies they produce and Taiwan is following those footsteps as well with the almost legislation of same-sex marriages. 

wow i wasn't expecting this post to turn into a conversation!!! But I will have to comment that I do get told to read more manga when it comes to Yaoi. I use to be so crazy for Gravitation lol. 

I do love bromance I have no hate for it. The Outsiders is one of my favorite books and movies of all time I just dont like when something is advertised like it's BL but then it's not.