I just finished watching Buzzer Beat and am dying for a new drama! I like my romance dramas somewhat serious, with a moral/nice guy male lead, and a relatable female lead and there must, absolutely must, be a happy ending. A little comedy is fun too, since I loved One Pound Gospel! Any ideas?
Since I'm a huge Kamenashi Kazuya fun I would suggest that you watch Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. It's funny but at the same time there is romance and a great ending!!!
Ni0vi, you and I both love Kame it seems. He is DREAMY! So, I have watched Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, but it's always nice having my love for it reaffirmed. Goldenseal50, it's funny that you would say the Japanese don't do much romance because that seems to be all I stumble across lately, and I've really developed a taste for it. Thanks for all your recommendations, I'll take a look at them. And oooooh, Kimura Takuya is in Pride! I loved him in Mr. Brain, so I think I will have to start with that one! Arigato everyone!
Here's my list of brilliant mature/serious Jdramas. They flow from the same or a similar vein as the 2 you mentioned, but not all of them are romances exactly. Love Shuffle Long Love Letter Innocent Love Orange Days Nagareboshi Pride Strawberry on the Shortcake Bara No Nai Hanaya Sunao Ni Narenakute 1 Liter of Tears Soredemo Ikite Yuku
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Here's my list of brilliant mature/serious Jdramas. They flow from the same or a similar vein as the 2 you mentioned, but not all of them are romances exactly.

Love Shuffle
Long Love Letter
Innocent Love
Orange Days
Nagarebosh
i
Pride
Strawberry on the Shortcake
Bara No Nai Hanaya
Sunao Ni Narenakute
1 Liter of Tears
Soredemo Ikite Yuku