Hi guys! 

I'm new to C-dramas and I need some recommendations. I have watched Boss & Me and I liked it and now I'm watching Good Bye My Princess. I prefer romance dramas, it can be comedy or more dramatic, I like both. I love historical dramas and dramas with arranged marriage. For modern dramas I prefer romantic comedies with cute couples, it can be school drama or from youth to adult life type of drama. Only thing that I don't like is a story with too much use of terminal illness or amnesia (like makjang). Some plot twists are ok but not too much.

You can recommend me some of your favourites. I would like to hear your tips. Thank you!

Put your head on my shoulder

Le coupe de foudre 

Both on youtbe

Love O2O and Meteor Garden are classics 100% although MG isn't as good as BOF imo. Love O2O I have no words for though- if you haven't watched already. I second Put your Head on my shoulder sooo good... 

also: A love so beautiful, My little princess & accidentally in love(can't rlly remember, got kind of frustrating but no more than kdrama), When a Snail falls in love/ love me if you dare (a bit more stilted and less fluff, tad of crime)... I don't think you want to attempt any historical dramas tho :), sorry I just kind of went on a rampant, but I hope you find something you like... def. the first three though. 

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

Love O2O and Meteor Garden are classics 100% although MG isn't as good as BOF imo. Love O2O I have no words for though- if you haven't watched already. I second Put your Head on my shoulder sooo good... 

also: A love so beautiful, My little princess & accidentally in love(can't rlly remember, got kind of frustrating but no more than kdrama), When a Snail falls in love/ love me if you dare (a bit more stilted and less fluff, tad of crime)... I don't think you want to attempt any historical dramas tho :), sorry I just kind of went on a rampant, but I hope you find something you like... def. the first three though. 

tita_cba:

Put your head on my shoulder

Le coupe de foudre 

Both on youtbe

Thank you very much❤ Btw I like historical dramas too so if you have any recommendations I will be really thankfull.

You kinda asked for it... 

The Story of ming lan- (took me a long time to warm up to , round 10-20, and slowed near the end again) but is literally the best historical drama I've ever watched. Princess Agents- love the kickass FL, so so good and so much drama... but so sad and a crap, unfinished ending as its been waiting like 3 yrs for Seas2, but a MUST WATCH. Eternal Love - feel that its been hyped up but great nonetheless. Legend of Fuyao- Same as princess agents, although slightly less good (personally).The Eternal Love- literally the fluffiest, craziest historical drama ever. Nirvana in fire- on my To Watch but a classic, I just can't bring myself to put myself through the tragedy... I have a need for strong, kickass FLs, so these will be a big jump from most KDramas... 

those dramas on list above are amazing, so I want to add some more historical drama maybe you can enjoy later.

Goodbye my princess 

Perfect Couple

General and I

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

You kinda asked for it... 

The Story of ming lan- (took me a long time to warm up to , round 10-20 and slowed near the end again) but is literally the best historical dramas I've ever watched. Princess Agents- love the kickass FL, so so good and so much drama... but so sad and a crap, unfinished ending as its been waiting like 3 yrs for Seas2, but a must watch. Eternal Love - feel that its been hyped up but great nonetheless. Legend of Fuyao- Same as princess agents, although slightly less good The Eternal Love- literally the fluffiest, craziest historical drama ever. Nirvana in fire- on my to watch but aclassic and can't bring myself to put myself through the tragedy... I have a need for strong, kick ass FLs, so these are a big jump from most KDrama... 

Thank you sooo much  ❤

Rara:

those dramas on list above are amazing, so I want to add some more historical drama maybe you can enjoy later.

Goodbye my princess 

Perfect Couple

General and I

I'm currently watching Good Bye My Princess and I love it! Thank you for other recs, I will check them out!

Bloody Romance

Love O2O +1

Across the Ocean to See You

Prince of Lan Ling

Scarlet Heart

Eternal Love +1

Ashes of Love

Sound of the Desert

since you are new to cdrama i would suggest 

love o2o 

negotiator 

the eternal love (season 1,season 2)

princess agents (not a fan of the ending but my favorite drama, badass female lead) 

i started with these dramas :) 

but i would like to recommend 

story of ming lan 

secret of three Kingdom

rookie agents rouge 

journey of a flower ( takes time to get used to low quality cgi, but the story is good) 

ode to joy (contemporary, slice of life) 

scarlet heart (time travel, really really good, the korean version didn't do justice even though i loved them both) 

My sunshine (romance) 

DramaDrama:

Bloody Romance

Love O2O +1

Across the Ocean to See You

Prince of Lan Ling

Scarlet Heart

Eternal Love +1

Ashes of Love

Sound of the Desert

rin:

since you are new to cdrama i would suggest 

love o2o 

negotiator 

the eternal love (season 1,season 2)

princess agents (not a fan of the ending but my favorite drama, badass female lead) 

i started with these dramas :) 

but i would like to recommend 

story of ming lan 

secret of three Kingdom

rookie agents rouge 

journey of a flower ( takes time to get used to low quality cgi, but the story is good) 

ode to joy (contemporary, slice of life) 

scarlet heart (time travel, really really good, the korean version didn't do justice even though i loved them both) 

My sunshine (romance) 

Thank you very much ❤

OMG! I have some cdramas you might really like!! In fact I'll just recommend you my favorites haha.

1) Ashes of Love - This is probably by far THE BEST chinese drama I've watched so far. It's also probably better than a lot of the korean dramas I've watched  It is historical, it includes arranged marriages, it's pretty dramatic, has many comedic moments, and probably the most cutest couple in cdrama history hehe. I'm honestly not finished with it yet, but it's the best one so far. So I really recommend this. It's really beautiful and touching and OMG the chemistry. It really deserves it's high ratings. A little lengthy, but really worth it. It's also similar to Moon Lovers/Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

2) Put Your Head On My Shoulder - This one is a really light, fluffy, and cute drama. It's a great drama for starters.  The main couple have a lot of chemistry too and they're just soo cuute! It's also realistic. I love love love this one so you should definitely give it a try. But this one doesn't really have a deep plot or storyline, it's kinda like a slice of life.

3) Eternal Love - This one is a really touching drama too. The music is beautiful, the couple, the art, everything. It's kinda heavy though. It's really similar to Ashes of Love although I prefer Ashes of Love more because I was more attached to the characters lol, but you should give this one a try as well. It's a historical drama too.

4) Love O2O - This cdrama is interesting. It's a good one for beginners of cdramas. I guess you can say it kinda includes historical?? It has a really cute couple (not to mention the guy is really goodlooking lol) but it was really enjoyable.

My first cdramas were Meteor Garden, A Love So Beautiful, and Accidentally In Love. Those three are also good romcoms for starters that are actually pretty dramatic and cute. A little cliche but not too bad. You should definitely try these too :) Sorry if this was long lol but I hope you consider some of these!