I've been in a major slump for months but a while back I started Dung Duang Haruetai (the 1996 version) and stopped it for a while but now I'm back to watching it and loving it! 

Just wanted to know if there are other really old dramas (1996 - 2000+) like that one that will actually make me interested in watching the next episode? 

It doesn't matter which country, I'm just looking for a good story and amazing chemistry between the main leads :) 

The oldest drama I ever watched is Aishiteiru to Ittekure a japanese drama from 1995 (the Golden time of Japan when it comes to romance dramas, that was the 90s). Its a simple love story between an woman and a deaf man :) This drama has a rather mature feel with lots of skinship and real kisses! The first 9 episodes (there are 12 episodes in total) is gold ~ 

If you don't mind tragedy then I recommend the drama Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake (1998) a touching beautiful love story between an high school girl that has been diagnosed by HIV/AIDS and an famous composer. It's very sad but a great watch neverthless!  Real kisses and skinship :)

MARS is a taiwanese drama from early 2000s, about a very shy / nice girl and a badboy/womanizer who both has dark pasts and are deeply wounded... but they come to love and heal each other. One of my all time favorites! The chemistry here is amaaazing because the actors were even a IRL life couple at that time, lots of real kisses and great skinship here as well! 

I heard of Dung Duang Haruetai, but I heard the '96 version has not much romance , is that true? Is it still worth watching? Did you know that there is a new remake that will air soon with Tik and Kimberley :) 

I actually watched the first episode of  Aishiteiru to Ittekure and it was good. I'll be watching that next. Thank you so much for the rest!

That is true about DDH but it's more like a fairytale sort of story with really little skinship but I think it's a breath of fresh air from the typical romance dramas we watch you know? 

If you like slow burn romance stories then yes, you should watch this but the overall pacing of this show is very slow so prepare yourself. 

I still have like 9 episodes to watch so I'll only really know once I finished it. :D

Tae:

I actually watched the first episode of  Aishiteiru to Ittekure and it was good. I'll be watching that next. Thank you so much for the rest!

That is true about DDH but it's more like a fairytale sort of story with really little skinship but I think it's a breath of fresh air from the typical romance dramas we watch you know? 

If you like slow burn romance stories then yes, you should watch this but the overall pacing of this show is very slow so prepare yourself. 

I still have like 9 episodes to watch so I'll only really know once I finished it. :D

Thanks, I might check it out when I'm in mood for slow burn romance :3 I'm sure it's a great drama! 

Btw  Manee Yard Fah (2000) is on my watch list! I only heard good things about it :) its about a spoiled princess and a soldier who marry each other (not for love) in order to protect the princess from bad guys. I heard there are real kisses, which doesn't seem that common in lakorns. Just like DDH, its a fairytale ^_^ 

Vera :
I heard of Dung Duang Haruetai, but I heard the '96 version has not much romance , is that true? Is it still worth watching? Did you know that there is a new remake that will air soon with Tik and Kimberley :) 

it depends on you what kind of viewer are you and what you're expecting on that drama  for me if the story is wonderful and chemistry is their as well as screenplay follow all are in place perfectly it come out to be a classic drama its has two decades completed of 1996 version  (still it has fresh feeling) and in this  timeline 1st remake 2007-08  released already (which is blunder/flop/worst i must say ) and very soon its 2nd remake 2020 will be air (which i'm going to ignore if and only if it doesn't follow the 1996 original version or it follow the 2007-08 remake ) . i'm hoping 2020 version will be as good as 1996 was or more than it .

sometime people denote couple chemistry to  skinship (kissing  bed scene all that kind of stuff)  which is not in 1996 version but i must say chemistry is their now people think no skinship so what kind of chemistry is their so first of all i want to say different people have different views and thoughts in one same topic my view is as well different for that for me chemistry is not measure with skinship kind of stuff  a couple chemistry shows on their body language , gesture , silence , in their eyes  and all the thing is their 

what should i say about DDH its poetry/fairytale/novel where i want to lost 

my sister is so much in love with this drama so she want to be that princess badurath  who abducted by king kasik  

classic dramas i personally feel

@DrAmAlOvEr   "a couple chemistry shows on their body language , gesture , silence , in their eyes  and all the thing is their..." 

THIS!!!! I guess that is why I'm enjoying DDH so much. 

I also wouldn't mind having the king to myself hahahahhaha XD

@Vera  I so want to watch this but I can't seem to find a clear copy :(